AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-16, 03:37   Link #41
Cruzer

is really difficult to answer a question without asking one in return?
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 09:55   Link #42
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer
The thing is, Mr.Cruzer, fansubbers NEVER know when the episode will be ready.
People quit, people join, people have some weeks very busy lives, other weeks, less busy.
Fansubbing is done in sparetime, it is not paid, and if you do it to much it leads to getting asocial and not having a life.
All these reasons combined is why fansubbers HATE to get asked about releases.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 12:46   Link #43
Tonatale
Saizen staff

Quote:
Yes, yes it is. I have no idea when anything will be ready to release. Not only that, we do not OWE you any explanation. We do this for fun in our free time and whining from leechers does not make us want to work any harder. You have a lot of nerve to get snappy with people who are doing you a favor by fansubbing a show you seem to like. You have even more nerve to violate the rules of this forum and continue to be rude even after your error has been pointed out.
Tonatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 10:49   Link #44
lemondude
"super lemon"

can I ask if eyeshield 21 is finished or is it still going?
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 11:02   Link #45
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

u mean the anime in japan? it is still ongoing... episode 41 at this point of the time.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 15:34   Link #46
Tonatale
Saizen staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
can I ask if eyeshield 21 is finished or is it still going?
It took a couple weeks off then came back on January 11th with a 39-40 double episode. Episode 41 will air January 18.

With its current pace and with how the manga is going, I'd be VERY surprised if it runs longer than 78 episodes.
Old 2006-01-17, 19:50   Link #47
Cruzer

can someone explain what the devil cut is? and why its so good?
Old 2006-01-18, 01:04   Link #48
lemondude
"super lemon"

do you watch NFL? assuming that you live in North America. And all I can say after 5 month of watching NFL, I have never heard of the devil cut.

BTW, Just wondering Tonatale, if you're still subbing Eyeshield 21 or stopped?
Sorry If it's already answered?
Old 2006-01-18, 16:14   Link #49
Uh_huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
do you watch NFL? assuming that you live in North America. And all I can say after 5 month of watching NFL, I have never heard of the devil cut.

BTW, Just wondering Tonatale, if you're still subbing Eyeshield 21 or stopped?
Sorry If it's already answered?
I'm sure they will continue to fansub Eyeshield until they are either licensed or some unfortunate event prevents them from doing so.

If you had read his previous reply, he stated that the ep41 will air in Jan18 so you're going to have to wait at least a day or so for them to get a hold of it and actually sub it.

I can see the manga for Eyeshield 21 to be quite extensive but I bet the anime will cut it short (like Slam Dunk).
Uh_huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 17:02   Link #50
Elvanvitar

Quote:
can someone explain what the devil cut is? and why its so good?
There's nothing really called the devil cut. But what you need to do is watch a video of Barry Sanders. In essense, that's who they want Sena to run like. That dude was just amazing.
Elvanvitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 17:17   Link #51
Tonatale
Saizen staff

I think it's just a name that made up for the way Sena is going to be cutting after he finishes his training.

And yep, the wheels are still in motion on our subbing. Please be patient.
Old 2006-01-18, 17:20   Link #52
Cruzer

does anyone have a feeling that we will bearly see the cut or that he will over do it,
do you think hes got something going with the skater girl (sorry forgot her name) if not why !
Old 2006-01-18, 17:23   Link #53
Elvanvitar

Quote:
does anyone have a feeling that we will bearly see the cut or that he will over do it,
do you think hes got something going with the skater girl (sorry forgot her name) if not why !
It's hard to say about the skater girl. I haven't seen any episodes past where she falls on him, same with reading the manga, the latest ive seen ends there.

As for the cut. We will likely see it. Basically what it will boil down to is him running fullspeed and then cutting in the opposite direction. That's very difficult to do and even harder to tackle.
Old 2006-01-18, 17:39   Link #54
nite0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvanvitar
There's nothing really called the devil cut. But what you need to do is watch a video of Barry Sanders. In essense, that's who they want Sena to run like. That dude was just amazing.
I actually think the author had LaDanian Tomlinson in mind for this show. Considering he wears #21 and always wears the eye mask.
nite0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 17:59   Link #55
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite0
I actually think the author had LaDanian Tomlinson in mind for this show. Considering he wears #21 and always wears the eye mask.
That's possible. Still though, nobody past or present made cuts like Barry did. Truly a shame when he retired.
Old 2006-01-18, 19:03   Link #56
Tonatale
Saizen staff

Quote:
I'm gonna have to disagree on this. Volume 1 of Eyeshield 21 manga was published in December of 2002, meaning the first chapter was originally published probably in October 2002 or earlier. At the very latest, this was halfway through Tomlinson's second season as a pro. I doubt one player's rookie season was so awe-inspiring to both the authors (yes, there are 2) that they ran out to start a manga.

I don't think they had any particular player in mind. If anything, he's more of an amalgamation of several pro players.
Old 2006-01-18, 22:31   Link #57
nite0

Oh, I don't think Tomlinson was the inspiration for the entire story. I do think there is some connection, I believe only he and Ricky Williams (who may not currently) wear the eye shield.
nite0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 02:15   Link #58
Tonatale
Saizen staff

Quote:
Oh, I don't think Tomlinson was the inspiration for the entire story. I do think there is some connection, I believe only he and Ricky Williams (who may not currently) wear the eye shield.
I think the eyeshield was just the best way to hide Sena's true identity and become a major plot point for the story.
Old 2006-01-19, 04:15   Link #59
wirawannaga
Satria Naga

with Hiruma brilliant evil idea and lot of connection.... he make sena Hero and story more interesting.... how ever i much more like Hiruma in manga than anime. In manga he's more evil and lot of tricky idea. Why in anime he so soft with evil face??
wirawannaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 10:23   Link #60
lemondude
"super lemon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uh_huh
I'm sure they will continue to fansub Eyeshield until they are either licensed or some unfortunate event prevents them from doing so.

If you had read his previous reply, he stated that the ep41 will air in Jan18 so you're going to have to wait at least a day or so for them to get a hold of it and actually sub it.

I can see the manga for Eyeshield 21 to be quite extensive but I bet the anime will cut it short (like Slam Dunk).
They haven't sub 33+ yet, so why do they need to have ep 41