AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-11, 06:11   Link #121
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

who is mamori's voice actor? it sounds alot like suzumiya.

this show is a good sports show. its a shonen so a little silliness is expected, but overall it is very enjoyable and there are lots of episodes.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 10:15   Link #122
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
who is mamori's voice actor? it sounds alot like suzumiya.
That's correct, Hirano Aya is the voice actor for both Mamori and Haruhi.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 18:31   Link #123
jacotyco

I've noticed that that baldy senpai guy doesn't really do anything, as hard as he tried on that elimination thing hiruma came up with
jacotyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 00:23   Link #124
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

so now that i have watched up to 61 there are many glaring flaws the series has.

as jaco said, there are no supporting adult roles. you may not think this is important, but in a serious sports series a strong supportive coach or teacher is important. if you look at wild striker you will see the coach made many decisions that were contratry to what the lead characters wanted but in the end helped develop their character. sure this show has the lead quarterback hiruma, but that is flawed which brings us to the next point.

there is too much exaggeration in the wrong parts of the story. sure its funny that hiruma has a machine gun, but not all the time, and not during official games, its just too absurd. another problem is that alot of the exaggerations have no point. each members special skills are important to the storyline, but this series has a habit of exaggerating a super skill, then in the next episode it becomes useless and they learn a new super skill which then disappears in the next episode and they are back to the first super skill. its just silly. hiruma being the cool guy and supporting everyone from the shadows is fine, but sometimes its just too unbelieavable.

the character battles are far too short. they are one of the highlights of the series, but i feel it is done with not enough dedication. having him run past everyone is fine, but it needs to be deeper, flash backs of how he did, and more slow motion and fast motion action. i wish they would develop the enemy characters more and keep them longer in the storyline. after much of the series leading up to the chameleon battle you are left with saying to yourself, that was it? if your going to put someone in the opening credits and develop their character, its not ok to just brush them off at the end.

overall this was a light hearted show and anime sports fans should love it. but i hate to put it into the same batch of productions like pokemon and yugioh, but that is where it feels like its headed. whats that BMX cartoon series thats popular right now? its not that bad, but its not too far off.

of course i got to listen to suzumiya for 61 episodes so the show does have alot of perks. if your looking for a good long series to keep you busy its a good choice.
i think the most recent release in JP is at episode 92? so there is quite alot of content to look forward to. lots more fun awaits!
Old 2007-03-13, 00:32   Link #125
Nuzzles

So how much of the series is non-manga material?
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 03:16   Link #126
hellokenney

since it hasnt been said in a while: THANKS to saizen for all the hard work on this somewhat obscure series. i wouldnt count on this one ever being "officially" translated to english so without your efforts myself and many others never wouldve seen even one episode.

the translations have slowed a bit but its nice to see eps still trickling along slowly but surely. . . now if only the series would get good again >
hellokenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 06:28   Link #127
flick
電脳コイル'd

The new season is out... starting from episode 101.
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 08:24   Link #128
Super Ska Master

How is Kakei in high school now if they showed him in America playing for Notre Dam? o_O
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 23:06   Link #129
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Glad to see another group subbing this show, however the quality has been really bad and the timing way off. :/ Hell the 105mb file was better then the the 200 and 245mb files of thiers I downloaded.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 02:22   Link #130
gencbiba

Yea... The other subbing group is at episode 72... Saizen is still at 64. I forgot what the other group is called, but their quality is pretty bad. I'm still grateful though because I just need some basic lines to understand what's happening. Saizen is all about quality, and I love them very much for it (they are the best subbing group imo), but sometimes it's just too slow. I guess I'll re watch after episode 64 to really understand everything.

As far as the storyline, it is really starting to piss me off. Why can't the protagonist ever stop being such a pussy? All he says is "I can't do it" or "He's too strong." After getting beat up over and over, he finally decides to win. Plus, I think the fact that he is still hiding his identity from Mamori is kind of stupid. She is so dull headed that it's not even funny. Even a 5 year old could put it together. Whenever Eyeshield is around, Sena isn't. They also happen to have the same height, not to mention the same body.

Also, the creator must not know the basic rules of American Football. Maybe he has never even seen a game. The rules are so off sometimes that it's not even funny. 10 receivers? Where's the blocking line? Kick-return and nobody is blocking? WTF? Is it Deimon vs Riku? If it was more realistic, with a protagonist like the one from Whistle!, Wild Striker, or PoT, I think this series would have been a goldmine. Hell, it already made it past 100 episodes...

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 02:35   Link #131
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well to be fair, prince of tennis and wild striker both went way off on crazy tangents at the end. but those shows did have alot better character development.

eyeshield has a 'complex' its a medical 'condition.' (w
Old 2007-05-05, 07:07   Link #132
flick
電脳コイル'd

It seems the new group (Rasengan) have released version 2 of one or two episodes with a smaller file size. Not sure if they're better quality though as I have watched them myself. The group do seem to be taking on alot of anime.

On another note: the new OP is by Back-on (for episodes 104+) and is called ' BLAZE LINE'
Old 2007-05-05, 09:04   Link #133
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well I watched 65-67 of their subs which were ok I guess. The quality really wasnt as good as saizen, but still watchable...Then I tried to watch 68 and I promptly gave up. The audio, subs, and video played completely desynched and the video quality was horrid.

So...yea...Ill just wait for saizen.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 16:21   Link #134
CrYsYs
殺害

BWAHAHHAA Just watched up to 72. <3 Rasengan. I could really give a shit about quality, because I don't whore up over quality since the anime is too good to not watch.

They're releasing 73 soon :]

lol good luck waiting over 4 months for 4 eps Kimichi
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 17:22   Link #135
Ashlotte
Clockwork

This wasnt simply a "lack of quality" on episode 68 CrY. Maybe its some kindof bad reaction with my player/codecs, but the audio and subs where literally out of synch with the animation. Meaning id see a scene but be heaing the audio from 3 scenes before it still. Basically completely unwatchable, which ive yet to ever have happen to me watching anime for years now.

So either way ill wait for saizen just the same...Not exactly like Eyeshield is at the top of my must watch list anymore.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 07:43   Link #136
Takanome

Quote:
Originally Posted by flick View Post
On another note: the new OP is by Back-on (for episodes 104+) and is called ' BLAZE LINE'
Here is the latest opening I ripped from episode 104, It was announced weeks ago in weeky jump that it would start at the episode that airs on May 2nd 2007.

Eyeshield 21 Opening 4 [RAW] "BLAZE LINE" by BACK-ON:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6j2aca

Spoiler for ..Opening 4 small screenshots...:
Takanome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 00:33   Link #137
gencbiba

What is going on after episode 100? Is it after the Christmas Bowl?

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 13:53   Link #138
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

This isn't important, but I just feel I can't back the Devil Bats with out a stuffed devil bat to squeeze!

It should say "YA HA" or "HUT HUT"

Oh so would want a couple of those.....

*crap wish I had learned to make stuff*

GO Devil Bats Ya HA!
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 07:14   Link #139
Kazuki`
Saizen Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Kazuki`
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYsYs View Post

lol good luck waiting over 4 months for 4 eps Kimichi
Hmm, I don't think it's going to be thát bad
Kazuki` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 20:35   Link #140
flick
電脳コイル'd

Back-on's single: BLAZE LINE/a day dreaming... is out today/tomorrow (June 6th 2007) depending on where you live

The first song in the title is the new OP of Eyeshield 21 (4th) and the second is the latest ED .