Notices

Old 2008-01-19, 23:06   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kite Liberator

Animation Production: ARMS

Genre: Girl with gun(s)

Expected Release Date: March 2008

This is going to be an OVA series and will be directed by Umetsu Yasuomi. He is also writing the story, designing the character, storyboarding, and the screenplay writer. Not exactly sure what to expect from an animation studio whose forte seems to be producing hentai. What has my attention is that it is a sequel to Kite, a very bloody OAV.
In the previous series, “A KITE”, a killer, Sawa, suddenly disappears after she avenges her parents` death, and no one knows where she is.

Several years later, a figure dances airily on the dark side of a big city. She is an angel of death, killing her victim gracefully and disappearing.

Monaka is a normal high school student, though this quiet and modest life has a darker side. An angel of death is Monaka’s other persona.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 07:16   Link #2
Boohahaha

As a sequel, the premise does look ... different... I mean genetic mutations / aliens?
Interesting to see how much hentai will be put onto this series, since you don't often see this in anime's post 2000.

I would be looking forward to the action since Kite nailed that aspect very well, in fact Kite's action scenes puts a lot of new action anime's to shame.

I also like the character designs, their features have always been unique. Although his designs are famous for hentai or semi hentai shows, I first encountered his desings in the Gatchaman OVA's.
Boohahaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 11:07   Link #3
Shinbou
Ka-na-me...^^

Send a message via MSN to Shinbou
I've seen "kite" bacause of the action....i know its an hentai anime but if u skip the sex scenes its a good anime for fun (the action in kite is really unreal thats what i mean with "fun").

As for kite liberator since it wont be any hentai anime...i really look forward seeing thing altought i cant find yet if they keep the gory action scenes...
Shinbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 11:44   Link #4
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
In the previous series, “A KITE”, a killer, Sawa, suddenly disappears after she avenges her parents` death, and no one knows where she is.
Hmmm... Didn't Sawa die at the end of Kite? I was pretty sure that was the hint the ending tried to convey, but that line seems to add some doubt into that.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 12:02   Link #5
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Not exactly sure what to expect from an animation studio whose forte seems to be producing hentai. What has my attention is that it is a sequel to Kite, a very bloody OAV.
Well, the production value looks great to say the least from the trailer expectedly of Umetsu, though for those who watched the original Kite may very well be turned off by the... huge derailment of the original.

I mean... what? what? what? what? what? whut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Hmmm... Didn't Sawa die at the end of Kite? I was pretty sure that was the hint the ending tried to convey, but that line seems to add some doubt into that.
Well, she wasn't shown 'dead', unlike the other one. Besides,, depending on how Liberator is going about, I might as well consider it an alternate universe.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:15   Link #6
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, the production value looks great to say the least from the trailer expectedly of Umetsu, though for those who watched the original Kite may very well be turned off by the... huge derailment of the original.
I agree. The production values are looking good, and Umetsu sure can draw. But damn, he always has these male characters that look like a bunch of molesters. Keep up the good work there, Mr. Umetsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Well, she wasn't shown 'dead', unlike the other one. Besides,, depending on how Liberator is going about, I might as well consider it an alternate universe.
I was thinking, since Liberator seems to be set in the future, perhaps there's something more to that mysterious introduction regarding Sawa's disappearance. Spaceships, mutants... who knows?

By the way... What "other one" are you talking about?
Old 2008-01-22, 23:54   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
for those who watched the original Kite may very well be turned off by the... huge derailment of the original.
I mean... what? what? what? what? what? whut?
No kidding. Is this really Kite?

The animation in the preview looks good indeed. The story, on the other hand, seems to be all over the place. I guess I shouldn't judge until I've actually watched an episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujoe
I was also under the similar impression at the end of that OVA, but as Nightengale mentioned, we didn't see her body. Then again, watching the trailer makes one wonder that perhaps the setting is indeed alternate universe thing. Will find out soon enough.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 14:02   Link #8
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm hoping that the cute guy actually survives this time.

Is this Sawa even human? From that clip, something other than a contact fell out of one of her eyes.

Edit: maybe it is a contact. Weird color...
Spoiler:

Anyways, from the censored R1 version of A Kite, she actually survived and was waiting for the guy to come back IIRC. But wasn't Sawa about ready to enter college?

Last edited by orion; 2008-01-25 at 14:15.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 15:32   Link #9
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Anyways, from the censored R1 version of A Kite, she actually survived and was waiting for the guy to come back IIRC. But wasn't Sawa about ready to enter college?
I'm not sure if the major events are still the same in the censored version, but the twist in the end is that there's another a child assassin that was being employed. Sawa's friend is killed, and the viewers are left wondering who Sawa's guest really is. If you listen closely, as Sawa looks at the direction of the camera you can hear the wood creaking as if someone is about to step into the room.

Taking into account that Sawa's friend has been killed in the scene before, one can also assume that another hit is about to be pulled off.

As for the trailer, it seems as if the girl has a split persona of sorts. Or are those two separate characters? So yes, with its sci-fi premise the show has a lot of freedom to conjure up anything at this point.
Old 2008-01-25, 15:40   Link #10
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

That mean that Sawa's existence at the end of A Kite is open for interpretation as this is part of the plot for the sequel. The wood creaking wasn't that emphasized in the censored version.

Besides that could be a cover and not a split personality.
Old 2008-01-25, 19:41   Link #11
kujoe
from head to heel

Yes, I know but it's simply the most plausible given what happens in the OVA. We're don't see the corpse of course, but it's still a common interpretation of what happens, so naturally I was a bit curious and surprised. The creaking sound is really, really soft. It barely makes a sound even, but it's there. Again, I'm not sure about the cut version you watched.

As for the separate persona thing, I was referring to the trailer. I couldn't find the girl on the left (pic on the first post) in the official homepage, so I just made a wild guess. I would have to say however, that she kind of resembles a younger looking Sawa. The fact that this new story is so different from the original material raises a lot of questions.
Old 2008-01-26, 11:48   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I notice this OVA has already been licensed by Media Blasters. ANN have some details of the DVD release, Kite: Liberator.

Release date: 25th March 2008
Run time: 115 minutes
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 16:05   Link #13
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
wasnt kite an action anime that had some hentai scenes?
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 05:48   Link #14
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yes it was. There was a discussion in suggestion forum.
I don't think it was a action anime with some hentai scenes but full fledged Hentai...
...with some action scenes. Sure received a lot of praise though.

I'm somehow imagining it's unrelated since the show above seems confusing rather then horny.
But then again anime Trailers are junk unlike anything else.
Old 2008-03-24, 05:01   Link #15
flamefang

Whoa, couldn't be any worse. I'm really disappointed. Nice animation, but sad enough, that's the only positive thing in it.
flamefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:09   Link #16
SinsI

Quote:
Run time: 115 minutes
Strange.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7867
Running time: 57 minutes
58 minutes of extras?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 00:34   Link #17
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for wth:
Old 2008-03-25, 17:52   Link #18
SECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for wth:
Spoiler:
SECC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 00:01   Link #19
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Sawa's friend is killed, and the viewers are left wondering who Sawa's guest really is. If you listen closely, as Sawa looks at the direction of the camera you can hear the wood creaking as if someone is about to step into the room.

Taking into account that Sawa's friend has been killed in the scene before, one can also assume that another hit is about to be pulled off.
I like to look on the brighter side of things. In the OAV, Oburi's body wasn't shown at all...it was a quick "bang" and then the child assassin runs off with other pals. All that's seen afterwards is just a bag with spilled cat food cans on the ground. Next we see Sawa's in that abandoned loft that I'm sure nobody else knows about but she and Oburi. Knowing how Akai's assassins can manage to pull off superhuman feats and use incredible survival tactics, I wouldn't call Oburi out of the picture, yet!

My interpretation is Oburi played dead until that assassin ran off and then managed to crawl back and make his way back to the abandoned loft, to see Sawa once again and perhaps warn her.

As for this new OAV...the plot is a little less coherent, but I do enjoy the action (though less than the original Kite) and artwork. Hopefully more episodes come out, and we would also get to find out whatever happened to Sawa and Oburi.
Psychodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 06:39   Link #20
golthin

Quote:
No sawa didn't die, the guy died! I believe Sawa is the girl with the baby that works with Momoka,
she looks a lot like her.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote