AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-01-18, 03:47   Link #21921
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
The first version had Kyonko acting really aggressively tsuntsun towards Kyon. Quite abnormally so, I would say. But the second version balanced that out with totally entertaining incompetent flirting; so it's all good.
Although the thought of making out with a gender-bent version of yourself is a bit, y'know, mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
Or that, they're so advanced that PCs are not needed, and central oracle computers take cares of everything with the person using it isn't even aware that he/she is accessing a computer.
Isn't it mentioned somewhere that the computers/devices the future people uses are implanted directly into their minds? In that case, it would be logical that they don't recognize much of the technology in the present... though it still doesn't explain why Mikuru doesn't know what a boat is or does
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 04:42   Link #21922
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
PP:
By the way, I looked at wikipedia (not really reliable) and the public bath seens to be around 600¥, 450 the entrance and 100-200 the towel+soap/shampoo. It is not expensive and they even can keep the towel! After all, a towel is always useful in unknow places.
Always know where your towel is, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Although the thought of making out with a gender-bent version of yourself is a bit, y'know, mind-boggling
Do I even have to say it?
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 05:35   Link #21923
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
I'd do it.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 06:33   Link #21924
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I kind of always thought that the boat thing was because they no longer had oceans in Mikuru's time.

Quote:
She's the main heroine... they're going to end up doing a lot more than kissing, believe me.

Anyway, new scene.

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Kyonko: Pangs for the Memories:
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 06:51   Link #21925
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
I'd do it.
... I'm not sure how to respond to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
She's the main heroine... they're going to end up doing a lot more than kissing, believe me.
Holy smokes! I'm hyped up for THAT!

Quote:

Seriously a wonderful analogy!

So now we see that Kyonko = Kyon - Aversion to violence - Height + Sarcasm + Snarkiness + Bravery.

Kyon just got owned by his gender-bent self
Old 2010-01-18, 06:53   Link #21926
s07195
However,

Quote:
Selfcest is fun!
Just so you know, I support all selfcest pairings.

Quote:
Isn't it mentioned somewhere that the computers/devices the future people uses are implanted directly into their minds? In that case, it would be logical that they don't recognize much of the technology in the present... though it still doesn't explain why Mikuru doesn't know what a boat is or does
I think it was Mikuru (big) in Book 4 when she talked about the TTPD...
or was it Book 7?

Quote:
I kind of always thought that the boat thing was because they no longer had oceans in Mikuru's time.
Wait, I thought he said there was. Like, at the start of Remote Island Syndrome.
Now you know how broken I am. At least by Haruhi.

Quote:

Quote:
Anyway, new scene.

Hmmm..... I suppose taht the stomach pangs were gonna be a bit more....subtle. But, I guess this was what the lame pun was for
Meh. Would you mug YOUR alternate self?
Old 2010-01-18, 06:55   Link #21927
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post

I'm surprised. You support selfcest but you won't mug your alternate self?

I would
Old 2010-01-18, 07:30   Link #21928
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Lovely scene. Too bad my throat's effed up today, so I couldn't laugh as much as I wanted to.
Old 2010-01-18, 07:35   Link #21929
s07195
However,

Quote:
I'm surprised. You support selfcest but you won't mug your alternate self?

I would
And since when did selfcest=stealing from yourself?
Ok, I admit that sounds a bit wrong....

No I won't mug myself.
But putting myself in Kyonko's situation, if I had been sleeping 2 days in the streets with stomach pangs that pierced the heavens and some guy who was actually me agreed to help (albeit without telling him which train station) walked out on me, I would.

And I would enjoy it.
Old 2010-01-18, 07:42   Link #21930
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
And since when did selfcest=stealing from yourself?
Ok, I admit that sounds a bit wrong....
Self-cest and mugging yourself is two different levels of wrong, my friend. Clearly, we have different views on that

Quote:

No I won't mug myself.
But putting myself in Kyonko's situation, if I had been sleeping 2 days in the streets with stomach pangs that pierced the heavens and some guy who was actually me agreed to help (albeit without telling him which train station) walked out on me, I would.

And I would enjoy it.
I would just take it that I'm 'borrowing' money from my alternate self. Hey, technically we're the same person, right?
Old 2010-01-18, 07:44   Link #21931
s07195
However,

sorry for double posting (and way too many posts for the last few pages),
but if there's going to be something happening with Kyon and Kyonko, WHAT IF HARUKI OR HARUHI FOUND OUT?

anyways, sorry. I'll be taking a short vacation from posting to make up.

EDIT: forget the double post
Old 2010-01-18, 08:30   Link #21932
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
... I'm not sure how to respond to that.
Oh come on.

It'd be interesting at the very least to see if you did exactly the same thing at exactly the same time.

Or did what the other wanted you to. XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 08:54   Link #21933
Magnificate

Quote:
Would you mug kiss YOUR alternate self?
Ekhem... According to TV Tropes there is high probability she would be hot as hell. I might feel tempted to experiment a bit. Since she would be reasonably similar to me, she might want to try it as well. Once. And never talk about it again.
Quote:
Kyon: Would this 'friend' happen to be your boyfriend?
Score for Kyon! I half-expected Kyonko to retort "And that unreasonable woman you mentioned is your girlfriend, yes?"
Magnificate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 10:53   Link #21934
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Hmm, this scene was weird. The normal path (i.e. the one in which you are not a jerk) is normal. Kyonko is a bit too tsundereish but I can understand her bad mood. And it is only natural eventually realizing how much of a jerk she was being and how nice Kyon was.

But the other option was a bit weird. Starting with Kyon passing off from a book on his head. It shouldn't be that easy. The book is heavy, but Kyonko is not that strong. And what happened to Kyon miraculous evading skills?

The weirdest part is Kyonko mugging him, however. Actually, I believe it wasn't the case. She probably just leave he unconcious there and went 'home'. Then some random delinquent saw the oportunity and rob the guy. I really don't believe Kyonko would be that much of a jerk. Stealing a bit of money to eat? Maybe. Dragging him to an alley and just leave he there? Unlikely.

Actually, reading again, Kyon also don't believe she would be able to drag him. He tought it was Haruki (the 'friend' form erlier), but we know it wasn't. I found unlikely any other member of the Brigade would do that as well.

Quote:
So now we see that Kyonko = Kyon - Aversion to violence - Height + Sarcasm + Snarkiness + Bravery.

Kyon just got owned by his gender-bent self
Nah. Kyon is just as snarky and brave as Kyonko. He is not as sarcastic, but he had never been sleeping in streets in another world. Kyon can also be violent when he is really pissed. But I guess being a girl in anime wolrd give you the right to be violent to any guy.

Quote:
Hmmm..... I suppose taht the stomach pangs were gonna be a bit more....subtle. But, I guess this was what the lame pun was for
No. Nor I think Kyonko would. Remember, she couldn't have dragged Kyon to the alley, and you know Haruki didn't helped.

Quote:
but if there's going to be something happening with Kyon and Kyonko, WHAT IF HARUKI OR HARUHI FOUND OUT?
Haruki would probably be so joyful he found Kyonko he wouldn't mind. Or maybe he would try to 'impress' her summoning shinjis to beat Kyon or something. You should read the old scenes, btw.

For Haruhi, well, I guess this is bound to happen. She will not be happy.

PP:
By the way, I didn't get at all the pun.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 10:59   Link #21935
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Nice scene Kaisos. Though I don't think Kyonko would have the strength to throw a heavy text. Then again, it could be 1337 adrenaline P0WUHZ from being angry.

Quote:
Nah. Kyon is just as snarky and brave as Kyonko. He is not as sarcastic, but he had never been sleeping in streets in another world. Kyon can also be violent when he is really pissed. But I guess being a girl in anime wolrd give you the right to be violent to any guy.
Especially if that guy happens to be one you like.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 11:02   Link #21936
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Quote:
PP:
There's a song, "Thanks for the memories".

EDIT: Video

Last edited by Joe4evr; 2010-01-18 at 11:18.
Old 2010-01-18, 12:53   Link #21937
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
PP:
It has to deal with "pangs" you get in your stomach when you're hungry. A synonym would be "stomach pains" but pangs is the correct term.
Haha.
I love bad puns.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 12:54   Link #21938
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Aren't all puns bad?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 13:12   Link #21939
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
There are some good puns... it's just that the bad ones are more prevalent.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 14:02   Link #21940
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But the other option was a bit weird. Starting with Kyon passing off from a book on his head. It shouldn't be that easy. The book is heavy, but Kyonko is not that strong. And what happened to Kyon miraculous evading skills?
Big, huge history text. Kyon can't dodge EVERYTHING, he's not Vino.

Quote:
The weirdest part is Kyonko mugging him, however. Actually, I believe it wasn't the case. She probably just leave he unconcious there and went 'home'. Then some random delinquent saw the oportunity and rob the guy. I really don't believe Kyonko would be that much of a jerk. Stealing a bit of money to eat? Maybe. Dragging him to an alley and just leave he there? Unlikely.

Actually, reading again, Kyon also don't believe she would be able to drag him. He tought it was Haruki (the 'friend' form erlier), but we know it wasn't. I found unlikely any other member of the Brigade would do that as well.
Kyonko doesn't really consider Kyon to be a human being yet... most of the time, she seems him as just another aspect of herself, which is why it's okay to steal from him, like someone else said.

And it was Yuuki and Mitsuuru who dragged him into the alleyway. Mitsuuru's idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
Nice scene Kaisos. Though I don't think Kyonko would have the strength to throw a heavy text. Then again, it could be 1337 adrenaline P0WUHZ from being angry.
Kyonko, as a tsundere, is surprisingly strong when angry.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan