AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-18, 11:54   Link #1421
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I can see Vivio growing up into a Moses-like figure and guide Belkan refugee to their promised land. =D
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 11:56   Link #1422
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

And she parts---

PARTS THE DIMENSIONAL SEA?!
Old 2008-06-18, 12:01   Link #1423
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
And she parts---

*facepalms*

dude......
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 12:03   Link #1424
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Well, the part about the Cradle being responsible for the 462 incident is pure speculation. And the suggestion that it was the Belka homeworld that bought it during that incident is even more speculative.
Agreed. Until the translators update us on this, may I suggest caution with this part of the info? Btw, it seems that the above speculation came from this スターターブック StSトレカSR15 (the StrikerS Starter Book, if I'm not wrong).

Though it seems that most of the info was directly translated from Nanohawiki, which imho has a higher level of credulity than en.wikipedia.

For all we know, it could be the the Tome of the Night Sky that sparked of the death of the Homeworld and the Cradle was converted into a fugitive ship for the luckier ones. But that's just yet another piece of speculation, on my part .

On a sidenote, I think re-watching the entire series (all three of it) might help some of us to get back in touch with the spirit of Nanoha. Or at least, that's my own prescription for myself .

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 12:35   Link #1425
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
- Type 4 Gadget Drones were of Ancient Belkan manufacture (suggesting that Jail may not even have been involved with Nanoha's accident).
Alternatively, Nanoha and Vita could have been about to stumble on something really important to Jail's plans--say, for instance, the facility responsible for creating Vivio--and he scrambled whatever forces he had on hand to take them out. This does open up some possibilities for usage in Comacanon, though...

Quote:
On a sidenote, I think re-watching the entire series (all three of it) might help some of us to get back in touch with the spirit of Nanoha.
I just went back to the end of Classic to reference some of Chrono's spells, specifically Blaze Cannon (which, incidentally, doesn't look anything like the fire-element spell wikipedia claims it is) and.... well.... am I the only one here who tears up every single time the OP starts playing?

And on a related note, are there any objections to giving Iris a bunch of different elemental spells but no elemental alignment? I've noted that Chrono's wiki entry claims he's particularly skilled with elemental conversion, and I was thinking of giving Iris a similar ability boosted by her Unison, sort of the elemental version of a jack of all trades.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 12:38   Link #1426
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
- Type 4 Gadget Drones were of Ancient Belkan manufacture (suggesting that Jail may not even have been involved with Nanoha's accident).

*furious scribbling ensues*
May be true, but we also have no idea how long Jail has been in possession of the Cradle. This leads to the possibility that he had time to analyze and create his own clones/versions of the original Type 4 Gadget Drones (as they were only hostile to Bureau mages and not his own Combat Cyborgs). In other words...the drones that attacked Nanoha and Vita could have very well been of Jail's creation. Though if that was true...it leads to the possibility that all of his drones are in fact based off of or copied from designs of Ancient Belka found in the Cradle...
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 13:10   Link #1427
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
And she parts---

Then she rides a void dragon, drink the Elixir distillated from the dragon's venom to awaken as the Kwisatz Haderach.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 13:12   Link #1428
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

...you know what, looking back at this "RF6 Popularity" debate between Goose and Kero, I've just realized that I most likely didn't make my intentions clear enough judging by the arguments being made.

I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear to begin with, but my intention was never to have RF6 be universally loved and respected by bureau forces (maybe the grunts, but definitely not the higher-ups); Goose is absolutely right, there's no way in hell that this would ever happen.

What I had envisioned was that RF6 was going through a trial period of sorts which would determine whether or not it was worth keeping around as a new unit. Now in canon, ultimately it was decided that RF6 served its' purpose and was disbanded because they didn't have enough support to keep functioning as a unit once the JS Incident was over. All that would be needed for the unit to keep functioning here would be for a few more people to decide that yes, RF6 is worth keeping around, allowing the unit to squeak by and continue functioning, if only by the skin of its' teeth. From here, they would be called in to work on assignments that normal units can't handle, sort of like how SWAT handles situations that normal police aren't equipped for or otherwise can't handle, but with a jack of all trades feel to the unit; the resident Enforcer and Special Investigations Officer are there to assist with criminal investigations, there's plenty of firepower for the group to serve as an ordinary military unit, and the group has a great deal of experience dealing with Lost Logia, which covers the three biggest areas bureau forces generally work in.

It's kind of a moot point now, since Durandal is set to replace RF6 in Comacanon anyhow....

...which brings me to another problem I'm having. Where do I fit the Aces into Durandal? There's already an established command structure and a group of highly-trained professionals here, so the Aces actually seem a little redundant as things stand right now. Should I drop Alex and Iris down to AA-ranks or manufacture a reason for them to require limiters or what?

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-06-18 at 13:28.
Old 2008-06-18, 13:23   Link #1429
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Agreed. Until the translators update us on this, may I suggest caution with this part of the info? Btw, it seems that the above speculation came from this スターターブック StSトレカSR15 (the StrikerS Starter Book, if I'm not wrong).
Good idea. I will enjoy playing with the ideas, but I won't seriously put them to paper untill we get a confirmation, or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
On a sidenote, I think re-watching the entire series (all three of it) might help some of us to get back in touch with the spirit of Nanoha. Or at least, that's my own prescription for myself .
I've been having laods of fun rewatching StrikerS lately. Watching it a second time, and with all episodes ready makes me wonder why everyone was so unhappy with it, I kinda forgot about all the bad things. I love StrikerS as much as A's now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Alternatively, Nanoha and Vita could have been about to stumble on something really important to Jail's plans--say, for instance, the facility responsible for creating Vivio--and he scrambled whatever forces he had on hand to take them out. This does open up some possibilities for usage in Comacanon, though...
Didn't Jail leave the cloning of Vivio to other scientists though?

Quote:
I just went back to the end of Classic to reference some of Chrono's spells, specifically Blaze Cannon (which, incidentally, doesn't look anything like the fire-element spell wikipedia claims it is) and.... well.... am I the only one here who tears up every single time the OP starts playing?
I love Massive Wonders (second StrikerS OP) myself.

Quote:
And on a related note, are there any objections to giving Iris a bunch of different elemental spells but no elemental alignment? I've noted that Chrono's wiki entry claims he's particularly skilled with elemental conversion, and I was thinking of giving Iris a similar ability boosted by her Unison, sort of the elemental version of a jack of all trades.
Nope, no problem. So far all we know is that elemental spells casted by a mage without an affinity seem to need an incantation (nothing big, the teeny tiny two line ones that Chrono and Hayate use seem to do just fine) but with a Unision, you could always say that the Unision takes care of that. I don't see a problem with it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 13:25   Link #1430
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
...which brings me to another problem I'm having. Where do I fit the Aces into Durandal? There's already an established command structure and a group of highly-trained professionals here, so the Aces actually seem a little redundant as things stand right now. Should I drop Alex and Iris down to AA-ranks or manufacture a reason for them to require limiters or what?
Well at the moment, yes the Aces would have no place in the unit.

My suggestion is this:

Have it stand that way. The Aces are off doing their own thing, in whatever they specialize in. However, whenever the need arises, you can always just have it that the Aces, either just certain ones, or all of them be called in and temporarily assigned to Durandal for the duration of the mission.

My other suggestion is to have the Aces be part of Durandal on paper, but then they are available to be 'loaned' out to other units. Sharing the wealth as it were.
Old 2008-06-18, 13:28   Link #1431
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Or you could have one of them assigned to the unit, and the others showing up whenever the plot requires it.
Old 2008-06-18, 13:35   Link #1432
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Hmmm....

Well with the Carpathan Syndicate backing Jail up, it's entirely possible that headquarters would deem him a much greater threat than they did in canon. Perhaps the Aces form RF6 as a naval unit a short while prior to StrikerS, but when Jail begins to show an interest in operating in ground forces territory, the group is given permission to operate planetside on the condition that they will answer to one of the resident groups assigned to dealing with the situation; in short, Jail's greater firepower and resources are countered by a joint Durandal/RF6 task force of sorts.

Quote:
Didn't Jail leave the cloning of Vivio to other scientists though?
Not to my knowledge. Why the heck would he entrust something so important to someone other than himself, anyways?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-18, 14:24   Link #1433
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Hmmm....

Well with the Carpathan Syndicate backing Jail up, it's entirely possible that headquarters would deem him a much greater threat than they did in canon. Perhaps the Aces form RF6 as a naval unit a short while prior to StrikerS, but when Jail begins to show an interest in operating in ground forces territory, the group is given permission to operate planetside on the condition that they will answer to one of the resident groups assigned to dealing with the situation; in short, Jail's greater firepower and resources are countered by a joint Durandal/RF6 task force of sorts.
Could work. Though writing such a combat scenario is already taking on nightmarish proportions in my mind. So many people. O_o

Quote:
Not to my knowledge. Why the heck would he entrust something so important to someone other than himself, anyways?
*shrug* He had a habbit of doing that. Large parts of his Project F research was handled by other scientists too, he just gathered their results and made it better.

Anyway, I don't remember who or where said he did, but I remember this comming up before.
Old 2008-06-18, 15:25   Link #1434
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Could work. Though writing such a combat scenario is already taking on nightmarish proportions in my mind. So many people. O_o
I have a scenario playing out in my head which forces Nanoha to consider what’s more important to her; her dream of being a combat instructor, or her friends. She picks her friends, of course, which eventually leads to the Aces forming a three-girl investigative unit centered around Hayate. Nanoha winds up in a position which allows her to support both Fate and Hayate, most likely as an Enforcer or some other position separate from a specific unit like the SAFA. Their experience with the Carpathan Syndicate makes them perfect temporary additions to Durandal, and they don’t need any of the unnecessary supporting characters since we already have a bunch working in Durandal.

Quote:
*shrug* He had a habbit of doing that. Large parts of his Project F research was handled by other scientists too, he just gathered their results and made it better.
True enough, but Vivio is the keystone upon which his entire plot hinges; the Cradle is completely useless without her. It's for exactly this reason that repelling the HQ attack in Comacanon leads to Jail either breaking off his entire operation or going to incredible extremes to get her back; without Vivio, his whole plan falls apart. Further, Vivio's creation requires him to hand off the Shroud of the Saint King, an incredibly valuable resource to Jail's plans, to someone other than himself. I can't picture him doing that unless there was no other way for it to work.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-18, 15:41   Link #1435
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, small point on handing off the shroud, he doesn't really need to. All he needed was the genetic data. Once he has that data, he can keep the shroud and spread the data. (also, reviewing StrikerS 20 has jail saying that the 'seed' was duplicated in a number of research facillities around the dimensions. This could mean that there are more Seiou clones out there, though it was also noted that Artificial Mage projects have a high failure rate).

Double check, Jail definetely didn't create Vivio, she was being smuggled in episode 10 alongside a few Relics. Jail and Uno can be seen discussing whether the destruction of the drones mean that they were 'lucky' (refering to a succesfull seiou clone).

Of course, Comacanon is Comacanon, so you could always say Jail was more causious here.
Old 2008-06-18, 15:52   Link #1436
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

*Shrugs*

Ultimately it's not all that relevant to what I have planned. The possibilities I had mentioned were the possibility that Nanoha's accident was set up by someone in the Carpathan Syndicate besides Jail, but in Comacanon the Nanoha Incident happens during the Carpathan Incident when Nanoha is forced to fight at her full power under a powerful AMF. Her body breaks down, Fate takes a near-fatal hit for her, and Hayate and the Wolks pull them out and retreat. In the aftermath, Nanoha speaks to General Zead Norton (leader of the task force assigned to handle the Incident) and is forced to consider the dreams vs friends issue. Ultimately, she decides that "dreams change in time, but friends are friends forever" and resolves to stick with Fate and Hayate no matter where they may go in life. She's never given cause to regret her choice, especially once she and Fate grow up a little and the hormones start to kick in....

Needless to say, Comacanon is rocketing down the Nano/Fate path at breakneck speed.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-18, 16:05   Link #1437
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Just be carefull with those hormones. Nanoha and Fate getting busy in situations such thoughts would be far from their minds reads weird. Like that one fic in the FF thread where Nanoha and Fate were getting it on in the school part of the Saint Church.
Old 2008-06-18, 16:10   Link #1438
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Haven't read that one, but I'll keep the warning in mind. I'm unsure of my ability to write a believable romance, so any sappy moments will get an extra critical examination when I eventually get around to writing them.

*EDIT*
Ah, I think I've just figured out which mech Teana's armor is going to be based off of. Who's up for Teana + the X42S Destiny Gundam? Wings of Light, bitch!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-18, 16:22   Link #1439
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Haven't read that one, but I'll keep the warning in mind. I'm unsure of my ability to write a believable romance, so any sappy moments will get an extra critical examination when I eventually get around to writing them.

*EDIT*
Ah, I think I've just figured out which mech Teana's armor is going to be based off of. Who's up for Teana + the X42S Destiny Gundam? Wings of Light, bitch!
............................... not going to comment to much, except that the "Butterfly Wings" of the Destiny Gundam is just a very poor use of Mirage Colloid ><
Old 2008-06-18, 16:29   Link #1440
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Think you could come up with something better, ghaz? I'm no Gundam nut, but I thought Destiny (both the Gundam and the series in general) was pretty awesome. Apparently I'm mostly alone in that regard...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content