AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-14, 22:23   Link #61
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Naomi Hunter is a heartless whore (Spoilers)

Having played the game...

Spoiler:
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 00:08   Link #62
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Having played the game...

Spoiler:
Eh...?
Spoiler for Plot spoilers:
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 01:25   Link #63
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Got it on release.
I played 1 and 2, but not 3. I didn't like 2 that much. Pretty overhyped game.

Now for 4.
It's a great game. Finally something worth spending money in such a long, long time. The cutscenes are stunning and, what's even better, LONG. Someone might argue that there are to much cutscenes and not enough playtime.
Another point..

MGS so far has been a stealth game with few shooter elements. But this game feels more like a shooter with few stealth elements. I'm still not sure if i like it or not.
Anyway, Story's great, cutscenes are great, bosses are one helluva party. The humor of the series is still there and ridiculous as always.

I'm on act 4 now (even though i tried to hold back and don't play so much ¬_¬) and...
Well, spoiler doesn't seem to work. But you guys in act 4 know what i'm so excited about.

It's a masterpiece of it's own though, for me, it doesn't surpas MGS 1 (which is one of my "greatest games of all time" together with 4-5 others), which i think nothing ever will, but is probably on the same level.

Now, i just hope there is some replay value like in it's predecessors. I want that stealth thing and the unlimited-ammo-bandana.
I played MGS 1 19 times and was able to finish it in under 5 Hours. Then, shorty before i wanted to play it one last time... i lost the CD. I'm still depressed about it. No one sells it anymore. ;(
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 10:46   Link #64
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post

I played MGS 1 19 times and was able to finish it in under 5 Hours. Then, shorty before i wanted to play it one last time... i lost the CD. I'm still depressed about it. No one sells it anymore. ;(
They do sell it in a trilogy pack with MGS2 and 3 for 30 bucks. My roommate got it last week at bestbuy. Oh and I strongly recommend going back and playing MGS3 after you're done with 4, it was my favorite before this game came out.

Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 11:04   Link #65
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
Got it on release.
I played 1 and 2, but not 3. I didn't like 2 that much. Pretty overhyped game.

Now for 4.
It's a great game. Finally something worth spending money in such a long, long time. The cutscenes are stunning and, what's even better, LONG. Someone might argue that there are to much cutscenes and not enough playtime.
Another point..

MGS so far has been a stealth game with few shooter elements. But this game feels more like a shooter with few stealth elements. I'm still not sure if i like it or not.
Anyway, Story's great, cutscenes are great, bosses are one helluva party. The humor of the series is still there and ridiculous as always.

I'm on act 4 now (even though i tried to hold back and don't play so much ¬_¬) and...
Well, spoiler doesn't seem to work. But you guys in act 4 know what i'm so excited about.

It's a masterpiece of it's own though, for me, it doesn't surpas MGS 1 (which is one of my "greatest games of all time" together with 4-5 others), which i think nothing ever will, but is probably on the same level.

Now, i just hope there is some replay value like in it's predecessors. I want that stealth thing and the unlimited-ammo-bandana.
Part of the game's brilliance is that you can choose how you want to play it. You could either run and gun through it (though I really doubt you can pull that off effectively in the higher difficulties) or play it in a stealthy fashion, like the other games.
And for the guy who called Naomi a whore...
Spoiler for Naomi is not an evil whore:
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 01:59   Link #66
SkoolRumble4Ya

For those that tried MGO how is the gameplay? Is the graphic as good as the single player mode?
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 06:46   Link #67
kujoe
from head to heel

I just finished the game, and it was quite an experience. Most dramatic last boss sequence ever. Though the story is a bit convoluted, a lot of things gets clarified. But more than that, I like how this game connects MGS3 (my favorite) with MGS and MGS2.

However, there are a few things I don't really get.

Spoiler for ENDING and then some:

Anyway, I think I misunderstood something back there. Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 16:41   Link #68
SkoolRumble4Ya

It's gonna take me about the month to beat this game. I only play about 1-2 hours a day because I'm busy working. It sucks when you don't have time to play this epic game for hours.
Old 2008-06-16, 17:01   Link #69
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I'm so evil that I spoiled most of the major cutscenes for myself on youtube...

I'm a spoiler-holic. Help me. >_<
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 17:42   Link #70
SkoolRumble4Ya

You should definitely play the game not watch cut scenes lol.
Old 2008-06-16, 18:08   Link #71
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I just finished the game, and it was quite an experience. Most dramatic last boss sequence ever. Though the story is a bit convoluted, a lot of things gets clarified. But more than that, I like how this game connects MGS3 (my favorite) with MGS and MGS2.

However, there are a few things I don't really get.

Spoiler for ENDING and then some:

Anyway, I think I misunderstood something back there. Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Spoiler for Eva:
Old 2008-06-16, 20:08   Link #72
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I'm so evil that I spoiled most of the major cutscenes for myself on youtube...
LOL, I'm so evil that I'm spoiling the ENTIRE GAME for myself on YouTube
Old 2008-06-16, 22:04   Link #73
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
LOL, I'm so evil that I'm spoiling the ENTIRE GAME for myself on YouTube
As have I, and it was worth every second of my Saturday afternoon.
Old 2008-06-16, 23:03   Link #74
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Spoiler for Eva:
Spoiler for Eva:
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 01:22   Link #75
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Finished it yesterday. Got Eagle and 7 other Emblems. Most People seem to get Eagle on their first playthrough. ._.
Good Game. After informing myself. Yes, there's indeed the bandana and stealth camouflage. But that'll take a while to unlock. Once again there's no Katana to unlock. Always wanted that. :x
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 02:24   Link #76
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
Spoiler for Eva:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

You know you played a wonderful game when you actually feel sad for finishing it.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 05:26   Link #77
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
You know you played a wonderful game when you actually feel sad for finishing it.
I know exactly how you feel. It feels like an era has ended for me and there's a void in my heart now, knowing there are no more MGS games to look forward to (at least ones with Solid Snake).
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 10:49   Link #78
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

w8 is somebody looking for a MSG! cd well i got one here but in bad quality cuz hell i played it like a 30th time and it gots scratched and stuff but still playable ehhehe but may hang from time to time still is there a pc version for this???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 14:00   Link #79
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

In terms of sequels, there is the story of one Warrior whom I always wanted to know about.

A Metal Gear prequel set during World War II, telling the story of the Greatest Warrior of them all, The Boss Herself.

Imagine storming Berlin, Paris and the Beaches of Normandy, and seeing how she forms the Cobra Brigade.

That would be a saga and a half.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 17:52   Link #80
SkoolRumble4Ya

I wouldn't be suprise if they did decide to make Metal Gear Solid 5 about The Boss or Raiden. Anyone of them would be good.