Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-24, 22:38   Link #121
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
That's right. I don't remember Code Geass ever having an episode dedicated to clips.
Then, the CG viewers has been blessed. *recounts nightmare of watching Destiny*
Old 2008-06-24, 22:42   Link #122
yamibakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Ok, if that scenario does happen, does that justify the setting being brought back to Ashford over and over?

I know the show is trying to keep it's school life flavor, but I just feel that it is not conforming well with the epic nature that CG tries to aspire to.

I feel that Code Geass is just trying to do too much: too many subplots, too many characters, and too many themes that is making the show convoluted. It's doing fine as is, but I feel that the show could be much more better if it shed some of the "not as necessary" stuff, or at least lighten the screen time on those.
I think that having so many subplots and factions and just plain shades of grey work really well. It has a lot of them. That can only mean the 2nd half of season 2 will run consistently fast(Not fast paced) toward several climaxes. Like the build up of fireworks to the grand finale when they set off everything at once. One of the reasons I like Code Geass is because there is so much to look at, so much to take in, and I think its pretty fun. It resembles Xenosaga series with its factions and shades of grey(only there are TON more in that). Then there are the moral issues that I won't go into. I guess I'm being more optimistic than most people?

Ashford and the student council are very important because they represent a facet of life outside of Zero - we get to see the person Lelouch. It also represent the peace that Lelouch wants to create - not just for Nunally anymore, but all those without power and those oppressed. The coming events could very well switch directions from Ashford and onto the later half of season 2. Things are building up, we're getting a new opening and ending too. I think that should at least serve as a clue.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:42   Link #123
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They had two .5 episodes back in season 1 though those didn't count as actual episodes thankfully. I'm very glad they haven't bothered with all that here.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 22:42   Link #124
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
That's right. I don't remember Code Geass ever having an episode dedicated to clips.
Actually there were "two" clip episodes but they weren't considered "true" episodes.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:43   Link #125
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Actually there were "two" clip episodes but they weren't considered "true" episodes.
Which ones? I don't remember those episodes. All of the episodes on MAHQ are properly reviewed as episodes, and they refuse to rate clip shows.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:44   Link #126
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I doubt we'll even have any this season. At least, I hope not or else we're definitely going to have a reoccurance of what happened with season 1.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 22:47   Link #127
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Which ones? I don't remember those episodes. All of the episodes on MAHQ are properly reviewed as episodes, and they refuse to rate clip shows.
Episodes 8.5 and 17.5
Old 2008-06-24, 22:48   Link #128
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Episodes 8.5 and 17.5
Oh. You're counting the picture dramas.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:48   Link #129
Un1234l

Any of these possible?

Diethart is gonna lose his trust in Zero; no longer thinking of him as a god, but as an idealist.
Of course, Zero will make him have faith in him again...

Kaguya already knows that Zero is Lelouch/won't be the least bit dissatisfied or shookened by that fact. She might actually like that better..

Cornelia will take the spotlight when she intervenes a deadly clash between Lelouch and Suzaku. Cliffhanger.

Shirley and Lelouch get together in the end... (since Lelouch is such a nice guy)
Old 2008-06-24, 22:50   Link #130
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1234l View Post
Any of these possible?

Diethart is gonna lose his trust in Zero; no longer thinking of him as a god, but as an idealist.
Of course, Zero will make him have faith in him again...

Kaguya already knows that Zero is Lelouch/won't be the least bit dissatisfied or shookened by that fact. She might actually like that better..

Cornelia will take the spotlight when she intervenes a deadly clash between Lelouch and Suzaku. Cliffhanger.

Shirley and Lelouch get together in the end... (since Lelouch is such a nice guy)
Kaguya would probably not mind Lelouch being Zero. She's too happy about Zero in general to even care.

And I wouldn't mind that last one!
Old 2008-06-24, 22:50   Link #131
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura View Post
I think that having so many subplots and factions and just plain shades of grey work really well. It has a lot of them. That can only mean the 2nd half of season 2 will run consistently fast(Not fast paced) toward several climaxes. Like the build up of fireworks to the grand finale when they set off everything at once. One of the reasons I like Code Geass is because there is so much to look at, so much to take in, and I think its pretty fun. It resembles Xenosaga series with its factions and shades of grey(only there are TON more in that). Then there are the moral issues that I won't go into. I guess I'm being more optimistic than most people?

Ashford and the student council are very important because they represent a facet of life outside of Zero - we get to see the person Lelouch. It also represent the peace that Lelouch wants to create - not just for Nunally anymore, but all those without power and those oppressed. The coming events could very well switch directions from Ashford and onto the later half of season 2. Things are building up, we're getting a new opening and ending too. I think that should at least serve as a clue.
Oh, I'm not saying that they aren't good scenes, but I'm just saying that they are actually unnecessary.

I mean, you could replace most of those scenes with something else, and you really wouldn't lose too much of the actual story itself. That is the very meaning of unnecessary.

Yes, we get to see the person Lelouch, but that is only because the writers made it that way. You can find out about Lelouch the person anywhere the writers want to, including in scenes not at Ashford. The writers just happened to "use" the Ashford setting.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:50   Link #132
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Oh. You're counting the picture dramas.
Those aren't Picture Dramas. These are two completely seperate clip shows.

Old 2008-06-24, 22:52   Link #133
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Those aren't Picture Dramas. These are two completely seperate clip shows.
Then where the heck are they? I haven't heard of them. Can't even find them.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:53   Link #134
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Then where the heck are they? I haven't heard of them. Can't even find them.
They were just clip show episodes. I don't even know if they were on the DVDs. I can't find them anymore either.

Old 2008-06-24, 22:54   Link #135
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Oh, I'm not saying that they aren't good scenes, but I'm just saying that they are actually unnecessary.
They are necessary, unless Lelouch is going to blow off his cover as a normal student.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:55   Link #136
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I guess that figures in ep 12. So far, those who know of his double roles were on his side, or used to (Villetta). Now, if someone like Gino or Anya knows about it...
Old 2008-06-24, 22:55   Link #137
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
They are necessary, unless Lelouch is going to blow off his cover as a normal student.
But, would it be necessary for Lelouch to keep his cover if Ashford was never even brought back in season 2? It's the writers' decision, they made it.

If Lelouch graduated or never returned to Ashford in the first place, I'm pretty sure the core storyline would still move on.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:56   Link #138
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
That's probably the only time they would be necessary. I wonder if that's why they had Lelouch go back to school and Jeremiah show up there. So they could allow Ashford to be a relevant place. That's probably silly though.

Old 2008-06-24, 22:58   Link #139
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
They were just clip show episodes. I don't even know if they were on the DVDs. I can't find them anymore either.
They were included on the Japanese DVDs as extras. 8.5 was on DVD 4 and I believe 17.5 was on DVD 7.
Old 2008-06-24, 22:58   Link #140
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

But, Gino learning the ways of a commoner at Ashford. I was thinking "Straight out of Ouran."

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories