Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-11, 01:37   Link #1
zerosN1s
just a collection of...

Just finished watching Kanon, now what?

Hello. I finished watching Kanon 2006 after it being on hold for so long. Watched it from beginning to end and really enjoyed it.

However, it left a burning hole in my soul. I need something to fill the void. Not sure what to watch next. I'm looking for something mildly thought-provoking (Kanon - Haruhi level, not Eva level), a little sappy but not too much, but probably touching. Funny is a plus, but I'd prefer not a straight up comedy at the time. I guess I just want something that's like Kanon. >.>

Or maybe something that's not like it at all, to get out of this somber mood.

For the most part, this is up to date. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/zerosn1s

Thank you for any recommendations.
Old 2008-07-11, 02:28   Link #2
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Clannad, Air. I think you should go for Clannad, once a while there is a laugh but it gets touching when needed.
Sola, umm you get Matsuri Moe.
True Tears, Noe Moe
ef ~tale of memories. A lot of moe

thought-provoking, touching series usually comes from drama genre I guess. Watch 5 CM if you want something short and touching.
Old 2008-07-11, 03:03   Link #3
zerosN1s
just a collection of...

I got bored with Clannad early on (episode 3 probably), which in turn killed any shot Kanon had on getting off the backburner for a while at the time. Kanon got me from eps 1 though. I'll give it Clannad another shot while I'm in the mood since it was just recommended.

True Tears, EF, and 5CM sounds interesting also. I'll probably skip on Sola. Also couldn't find what Matsuri Moe and Noe Moe were about.

Thanks for the input! Also, I tend to like stories that are a little convoluted, require a little noggin power, or involves a mystery of the non-detective kind, if there are more possible stuff. I'm not familiar with this genre really.
Old 2008-07-11, 03:26   Link #4
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Yeah, Clannad is a funnier, less depressing Kanon.

Go with True Tears first.
Not quite so much funny, but it's good.

Oh, thought-provoking romance/drama?
ehh... then go with ef.

Air requires a bit of noggin power in that it's difficult to catch onto the story given it's bad pacing, but it's still a touching story.

EDIT: Protip - ef's director worked under the director of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and the animation style reflects that.
But pay attention, most of the story of ef isn't told in words.
Old 2008-07-11, 06:24   Link #5
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

I recommend you Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, a funny, touching and at the same time thought-provoking series. It's very mature, characters are well thought out and overall interesting. You might also like Bokura ga Ita. Those two series are a bit similar in that both begin with the confession, while a lot of anime nears its end at that point.
Oh, and Air seconded. Preferably the movie since it was more to my liking than the TV version.
Old 2008-07-11, 07:58   Link #6
Hayaku
Ecchi go Boom 0(^.^)0

Clannad is really worth watching, even though some of the early episodes might not be so fun or alluring. But if you are looking for a way out of the boring parts, watch the movie, since it tells the storyline of Clannad (not all of it, and some of it is told in a different version) and even goes as far as what happens afterwards (The Clannad Afterstory, if I am not completely wrong). And if that is not all, It has some heartbreaking moments in it aswell ^.^

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread