AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-22, 05:31   Link #1
Jill Valentine

looking for a romantic anime

i am looking for an anime that is like kanon with romance,fantasy,harem and comedy a little
Old 2008-07-22, 08:13   Link #2
Smithsky

Clannad of course ;p
Old 2008-07-22, 08:25   Link #3
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Give Zero no Tsukaima or Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai a try. And Girls Bravo maybe?
Old 2008-07-22, 10:08   Link #4
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
yeah girls Bravo is good.

Kashimashi and strawberry panic maybe?
Old 2008-07-22, 15:26   Link #5
Coolhart

Onegai Twins
Love Hina
Ichigo 100%
Kimi Kiss pure rouge for something more recent

Maburaho only one with fantasy and some of the other catagories you mentioned that i could recall
Old 2008-07-22, 22:12   Link #6
cerrian

For Kanon, I guess the standard responses would be Kyoto Animation's works which are Kanon, Air, and Clannad. Then there's also Da Capo and Shuffle.
Old 2008-07-23, 05:10   Link #7
Arkuatic

Ah!My goddess - can somewhat be considered as a harem
ef - a tale of memories- couple of love triangles but love triangles/harem are connected at a point
Inukami!- entertaining harem but dont expect kanon good out of this
Love Hina-falls somewhere around harem
Nagasarete Airantou-Protag gets stranded on an island where there are only females...you get the idea
To love Ru-guess its one of the most fanservice/ecchi harems i've ever seen.

I personally am not a fan of harem but there are some exceptional harems i like(i.e. clannad) where the casts are exceptionally lovable and not a complete ecchi/fanservice anime. If you prefer other romances that are less harem or no harem i can give a bigger list, if not i cant help you much.
Old 2008-07-23, 06:11   Link #8
Woodchips
つかれた!

Being the lover of most things KyotoAni, I would absolutely have to recommend Air and Air in Summer with CLANNAD and Melancholy of Haruhi in after them. They all have the required mix of what you're requested, and if you liked they way KyotoAni went about Kanon, there is a high possibility of you liking those others too.

Fate/Stay Night is another good choice if you want all those elements in a series. The harem is toned down a little in this, but you still have some of it in there.

Shakugan no Shana could be another one that might be worth a bit of a look in, and if you like it, you can go on to the second season. Definitely has some harem in there, along with some romance, a hefty dose of fantasy, action and comedy.

El Cazador de la Bruja is stretching it, as there is more of a love triangle than anything resembling a harem. There is action, a bit of fantasy, comedy and subtext-y romance. It is one of Bee Train's Girls with Guns trilogy, and you might enjoy it if you don't mind a bit of variety-- aka f/f undertones.

::Coughs:: Love Hina is another one that fits the bill. It is very light-hearted and the epitome of early harem shows, so it can be a little farcical, but it is mostly enjoyable.

Mai-HiME could potentially also work. It absolutely has the fantasy thing down, again more love... quadrangles actually, comedy and romance. Just don't blame me if you don't like the epilogue.

Nagasarete Airantou has been mentioned. I had a few qualms with this show, but if you don't mind the typical loser male harem lead, you can try this. (Ikutou is certainly no Yuuichi, I'll tell you that much). Leave your expectations behind if you want to watch this one. Can be funny as hell though, so it's probably worth a look in.

At a stretch the Rozen Maiden franchise could work. Certainly has fantasy, harem-ish and comedy, but I think the romance could be a little thin/non-existent if you're looking for something like Kanon.

Again, a stretch, but School Rumble might work. Okay, so there's not a great deal of fantasy in this, but it is a funny school-based anime that meets all the other criteria.

Hmm, Vampire Knight could be one that works if you're okay with a reverse-harem. Fantasy: Check, Romance: Check, Comedy: Light, but check, Harem: Well, reverse at least.

Hopefully you can find something in there that you like. My top recommendations would go to AIR/CLANNAD if you want to really whittle it down. They'd be the two I'd start with, at any rate.
Old 2008-07-23, 06:18   Link #9
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Lovely Complex
5 Centimeters Per Second (3 movies)
Seto no Hanayome
Kanon
Clannad
School Rumble
Honey and Clover I & II
Love Hina