Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-24, 04:31   Link #1181
Chosen_Hero

^When Pokémon stops printing money.
Old 2015-12-25, 07:20   Link #1182
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well some interesting details to report from the last episode plus looking at bulbapedia.
When Greninja goes into that Ash Greninja form it appears as though Ash takes damage the same as greninja.
In the Dance episode Miette returns So whats likely gonna happen is there's some kind of dance party and miette shows up.
It appears as though soon enough Ash will fight Alan and Mega Charizard X along wit Scottie and his sceptile.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 19:55   Link #1183
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I actually heavily disagree with this. This season is probably the weakest they've had for a while.

Black and Whites main weakness was Iris and Cilan and the way they did Ash ultra dirty in the Unova league.

This season has been horrific in a few aspects.

1. Much like Black and White Clemont and Serena are both very poor characters.
2. much like Max from Hoenn i still have no clue why Bonnie is here. her holding onto Zygarde so far is the most relevant she's been and even then not really.
3. The balance of the team is awful. The minute they caught Goomy everyone's like okay they'll evolve goomy to Sligloo just to beat clemont but then they do Goodra just to ditch it.
4. The handling of the contests to me has been poor because they started far too late.
5. Lets ignore the team Flare plot starting so late as well. I am looking forward to the next one because from there it should get good.
6. Noibat enough said. Has he even used the thing since he caught it.
7. Mega evolutions which could've been a huge strength was to me a farce.
8. Whats going to happen in the E4 is heavily predictable. he'll beat Tierno then beat a rival he meets near the end of the journey and then in the semifinals he'll lose to Scottie and his mega-sceptile
So basically, it'd take way too long to answer or debate all of these points, but to summarize: I actually think that the animation, characterization, ost, and etc. are all the strong points of this season and that it is pretty formidable or incredible. I expect Ash to actually win this time in the league by beating Scottie's Mega-sceptile while relying on his super greninja lol. He managed to rely on his charizard to beat Gary's blastoise that one time so I don't find it that unreasonable. He did promise to win this time, so I am at least hopeful.

Either way the plot is pretty interesting and it's being done well. I have too much to say and too little time to write up about this season, but there are a lot of improvements in this season so I really like it. The openings are also super good in the Japanese version.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 20:53   Link #1184
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So basically, it'd take way too long to answer or debate all of these points, but to summarize: I actually think that the animation, characterization, ost, and etc. are all the strong points of this season and that it is pretty formidable or incredible. I expect Ash to actually win this time in the league by beating Scottie's Mega-sceptile while relying on his super greninja lol. He managed to rely on his charizard to beat Gary's blastoise that one time so I don't find it that unreasonable. He did promise to win this time, so I am at least hopeful.

Either way the plot is pretty interesting and it's being done well. I have too much to say and too little time to write up about this season, but there are a lot of improvements in this season so I really like it. The openings are also super good in the Japanese version.
The only thing I agree with you on is the animation and even then if you look carefully they are just reusing scenes in certain parts during battles (especially in filler episodes), go back to the first episode of XY&Z and then watch every scene where Pikachu uses Thuunderbolt and notice how it's the exact same scene repeated in each episode. For OST only the current ooening stands out considering they repeat the same damn song any time an "action scene" happens.

As for characterization I don't think Serena going on an adventure because of Ash (not because she wanted of her own accord) and her cutting her hair because she lost ONE TIME on her FIRST CONTEST (I am not calling it that other stupid word) which by the way is basically a "who is more girly" (by anime standards) competition, seriously in past seasons it was about showing off the Pokémon in battle with well thought out combinations, now it's just who can cook better or who is more fashionable or some random athletic meet like competition like "find what the paper says" and don't even make me talk about the non-date episode that are just ship-bait that will amount to nothing because Ash is Pokémonsexual, Pikachu has more chances of marrying him than any woman alive in the series.

Ash is once again the same guy from the first season (because his actual charaterization was thrown out the window after D/P/PT season) only now he has better animation.

Citron is Brock and Cilan combined if they had a tech fetish trying to yet again emulate the OG Brock and Eureka is Max but somehow even more useless.

Again Ash won't win the Pokémon League, he will lose due to one of four factors:

1) Scottie/Shouta will defeat his Greninja with his Mega Sceptile because it's already forshadowed during that one scene were Grovyle and Frogadier become "rivals".

2) They will meet someone new just before the League who will end up winning by using some new Pokémon from a new region.

3) Tobias shows up again.

4) Since there is still a new 6th gen game most likely taking place in Kalos there will (sadly) be an arc like the Decolora Islands with bs fillers.

Also there is the fact that the Pokémon company just doesn't want him to win so they can just reset him for any new younger victi... I mean fans.

Besides Gary beat Ash at every turn, so when it came to facing in the League it was his due time to win for once.... oh look, the same as with Paul the only other (real) awesome rival Ash has had, it's not like there is a very obvious pattern to the seasons or anything.

As for the plot the only even remotely interesting plot so far had been only seen in some special episodes where we had A TOTALLY DIFFERENT MAIN CHARACTER and even then those special episodes basically retcon Ash's travels through Hoenn, as for the Zygarde plot we still have nothing but the two first episodes, let's hold our horses until we see more and even then I rxpect them to drop the ball somehow to make Pikachu somehow super relevant to stopping all of this (flashes back to R/S/E season and Pikachu somehow merging with the red orb that should have only worked on Groundon... WTF?) or Super/Hero Greninja.

Not saying you can't like it (You do you), let's just not hand out praise so easily especially to this kind of anime, I say all of this as someone who has been with the series since the first episode of season one uo until this day and pissibly beyond. (It's already too late for me, i'm too invested)
Old 2015-12-26, 03:45   Link #1185
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
The only thing I agree with you on is the animation and even then if you look carefully they are just reusing scenes in certain parts during battles (especially in filler episodes), go back to the first episode of XY&Z and then watch every scene where Pikachu uses Thuunderbolt and notice how it's the exact same scene repeated in each episode. For OST only the current ooening stands out considering they repeat the same damn song any time an "action scene" happens.

As for characterization I don't think Serena going on an adventure because of Ash (not because she wanted of her own accord) and her cutting her hair because she lost ONE TIME on her FIRST CONTEST (I am not calling it that other stupid word) which by the way is basically a "who is more girly" (by anime standards) competition, seriously in past seasons it was about showing off the Pokémon in battle with well thought out combinations, now it's just who can cook better or who is more fashionable or some random athletic meet like competition like "find what the paper says" and don't even make me talk about the non-date episode that are just ship-bait that will amount to nothing because Ash is Pokémonsexual, Pikachu has more chances of marrying him than any woman alive in the series.

Ash is once again the same guy from the first season (because his actual charaterization was thrown out the window after D/P/PT season) only now he has better animation.

Citron is Brock and Cilan combined if they had a tech fetish trying to yet again emulate the OG Brock and Eureka is Max but somehow even more useless.

Again Ash won't win the Pokémon League, he will lose due to one of four factors:

1) Scottie/Shouta will defeat his Greninja with his Mega Sceptile because it's already forshadowed during that one scene were Grovyle and Frogadier become "rivals".

2) They will meet someone new just before the League who will end up winning by using some new Pokémon from a new region.

3) Tobias shows up again.

4) Since there is still a new 6th gen game most likely taking place in Kalos there will (sadly) be an arc like the Decolora Islands with bs fillers.

Also there is the fact that the Pokémon company just doesn't want him to win so they can just reset him for any new younger victi... I mean fans.

Besides Gary beat Ash at every turn, so when it came to facing in the League it was his due time to win for once.... oh look, the same as with Paul the only other (real) awesome rival Ash has had, it's not like there is a very obvious pattern to the seasons or anything.

As for the plot the only even remotely interesting plot so far had been only seen in some special episodes where we had A TOTALLY DIFFERENT MAIN CHARACTER and even then those special episodes basically retcon Ash's travels through Hoenn, as for the Zygarde plot we still have nothing but the two first episodes, let's hold our horses until we see more and even then I rxpect them to drop the ball somehow to make Pikachu somehow super relevant to stopping all of this (flashes back to R/S/E season and Pikachu somehow merging with the red orb that should have only worked on Groundon... WTF?) or Super/Hero Greninja.

Not saying you can't like it (You do you), let's just not hand out praise so easily especially to this kind of anime, I say all of this as someone who has been with the series since the first episode of season one uo until this day and pissibly beyond. (It's already too late for me, i'm too invested)

Well, I guess I'm using pokemon standards to look at this, but I like it nonetheless, what can I do about that?

Serena being girly is a plus for me. I'm not complaining even if it really is just ship-bait that will never happen because it amuses me immensely.

Also, the episode with that lion/panther pokemon in XY&Z was much to my taste, I really liked it.

The last two OP's have been good, and the new OP is especially good especially in OST and animation quality.

Part of the reason why I like this so much more than you do is probably because 1. I don't mind at all if animation is reused unless the show tries to go for something different on purpose. Like in Railgun S, Misaka freaking out with the same flashback scene in multiple episodes sort of annoyed me once in a while because that same animation sequence happened so many times, but in pokemon if it looks the same it's because they're literally using the same attacks. Of course it'll often look the same.

This also applies to the OST. I don't mind if they insert the opening or ending often in episodes. It just hypes me up when they do that. You may hate that, but since I like it that's a huge plus for me especially since I happen to really like the music lol.

The plot seems as dark as the anime has ever gotten which is another reason why I like it. It's just complex for pokemon standards.

I think Ash can win the league because after he wins they can make an excuse saying that even if he won the league once, there are trainers who are too good to even care to go to the leagues and he was only able to win one league out of all the other leagues. He has to have as many wins as losses to be any good. If they do that, there's no reason why he couldn't win IMO. I think it's possible anyway for that reason. Charizard did beat Blastoise just reminding you...

Also, the other reason I think the plot is complex other than Z is simply how like you said they had specials about a completely different set of characters, and now we are finding out that this was actually all planned to be linked to the main plot of the next half of the XY anime. That's a first and is pretty cool. I'm sure it's because of the huge anniversary this year for pokemon (that let them get funding for that).

I honestly also like the animation style and think that it has improved for the better.

I feel like Pokemon is just a really good slice of life show lol. It's slice of life with regards to pokemon. What would it be like if you lived in a world of pokemon and had characters aspiring to be successful or live their lives in different ways within that world? Pokemon this season has made the best picture of capturing what that feels like just like how ORAS captured that best as well in the most recent main series games.

And I think that in XY and in this new season these slice of life episodes have been the most interesting episodes in any season of this show. Ninjas, pokemon trying to destroy the world, going into other worlds that have copies of you, going back in time, having contests that are a lot more realistic (in terms of what people would actually want to see... they remind me of american idol or some other talent show that prizes craft, style, and I guess feminineness...), and doing lots of other cool stuff in the main show. I find that pretty exciting and higher quality compared to the norm.

Like I said before, that episode with the lion/panther thing had that super good OST and the plot was rather well executed. The korrina arc was great. All the mega evolution research aspects and science throw-ins are also pretty interesting and it's showing how pokemon is really doing a good job of making the world feel more real and immersive. It depends on what you are looking for while watching the show.

Also, as far as Serena cutting her hair, I think it's really just a matter of taste. It IS a bit extreme for her to cut her hair after the first competition, but I also think that she felt pretty frustrated because she was really set on winning and then completely screwed up and her friend won. Not only that, but her first impression of what she'd be like and her future was as bad as possible. Her reaction was dramatic, but I'll just take that as part of her character. It was definitely interesting.

That all being said.............................................. .................................................. ...

I have a question: why are the subs not releasing? Does anyone know anything about that?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2015-12-28, 09:57   Link #1186
Chosen_Hero

You know, I was going to write about Pokémon XY & Z episode 7 but decide to change things up a bit and talk about Hero Greninja and the whole "legend" thing.

So as we all know the new Greninja forme was said to change Greninja to "look like Ash" or "emulate Ash", now my question is if that eas true about Hero Greninja then why is the picture from the legendary Greninja sporting the EXACT SAME DESIGN as Ash's new Greninja? Are we to belive that in the past there was a Greninja that also took a form that (coincidentally) looks like what Ash is wearing which is what we were told wss what his Greninja was emulating?

THIS is what I mean when I say Greninja getting a forme change is bullshit, I am fine with the idea considering not every Pokémon will/should Mega Evolve but when you make a mess of trying to come up with a explanation you can see that it was just added for the sole purpose of metting Ash have something on the power level of a Mega Evolution without giving him one.
Old 2015-12-30, 21:36   Link #1187
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
You know, I was going to write about Pokémon XY & Z episode 7 but decide to change things up a bit and talk about Hero Greninja and the whole "legend" thing.

So as we all know the new Greninja forme was said to change Greninja to "look like Ash" or "emulate Ash", now my question is if that eas true about Hero Greninja then why is the picture from the legendary Greninja sporting the EXACT SAME DESIGN as Ash's new Greninja? Are we to belive that in the past there was a Greninja that also took a form that (coincidentally) looks like what Ash is wearing which is what we were told wss what his Greninja was emulating?

THIS is what I mean when I say Greninja getting a forme change is bullshit, I am fine with the idea considering not every Pokémon will/should Mega Evolve but when you make a mess of trying to come up with a explanation you can see that it was just added for the sole purpose of metting Ash have something on the power level of a Mega Evolution without giving him one.
Lol what if that guy was somehow Ash's ancestor? Also, do you know why the subs are lagging so much?

Old 2015-12-31, 01:24   Link #1188
Idealist 99

Quote:
Lol what if that guy was somehow Ash's ancestor? Also, do you know why the subs are lagging so much?
Or , Ash traveled to the past and saved Ninja village !
After all , Time-travel isn't a new thing in pokemon.
Old 2015-12-31, 01:40   Link #1189
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
With how convinient things get it could be his dad for all we know.

I think it might be because Pokémon isn't their priority at the moment, episodes are usually up by Wednesday if not Thursday.
Old 2015-12-31, 02:12   Link #1190
Idealist 99

I wonder , Are We going to see a scene where Ash & Greninja hold hand as they defeat Lysandre and destroy the ultimate weapon ???
Like this--
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

May be , Ash somehow unlock enormous amount of "Infinite Energy" that cause Greninja to evolve into Ash-Greninja.
So , They might use this energy save the world.

By the way , If Ash & Ash-Greninja share sight and pain then shouldn't that meant that they can talk telepathically ???
Just imagine Ash having private conversation with Greninja !

Last edited by Idealist 99; 2015-12-31 at 02:23.
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 07:03   Link #1191
NeutralZero

The ash-greninja looks good but considering its flaws where even the feeling of pain is shared... I'd say the normal way of mega evolution is much better
Heck it might even be used as his one way ticket to loser lane once again in the Kalos league
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 07:42   Link #1192
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
The ash-greninja looks good but considering its flaws where even the feeling of pain is shared... I'd say the normal way of mega evolution is much better
Heck it might even be used as his one way ticket to loser lane once again in the Kalos league
Well , Ash ain't Alain who can get anything without paying a prize !
Ash must pay a prize for anything he gets , That's the rule.
Only writers favorite such as Alain , Drew , Trip and Cameron can get everything for free.
Old 2015-12-31, 11:02   Link #1193
ImperialFlameGod8190

The fact is Mega evolution is a nice thing but we knew Ash wasnt gonna get one despite how fun it may be. If they were gonna do it they would've done it back with Korrina. I'm still furious that despite all the Lucario events in the games Ash still doesnt get his Lucario. But anyway Mega evolution was never gonna happen. I'd just like to see him do something decent with Noibat or get another pokemon before Wulfric.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2016-01-02, 04:15   Link #1194
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The fact is Mega evolution is a nice thing but we knew Ash wasnt gonna get one despite how fun it may be. If they were gonna do it they would've done it back with Korrina. I'm still furious that despite all the Lucario events in the games Ash still doesnt get his Lucario. But anyway Mega evolution was never gonna happen. I'd just like to see him do something decent with Noibat or get another pokemon before Wulfric.
My one real complaint about the lack of his lucario is that he doesn't even act as if he has major respect for lucarios which sort of makes that lucario movie non-canon or even pointless....

Old 2016-01-02, 07:55   Link #1195
Idealist 99

Quote:
My one real complaint about the lack of his lucario is that he doesn't even act as if he has major respect for lucarios which sort of makes that lucario movie non-canon or even pointless....
Well , XY series TV Rating Dropped after Shalure city Gym-Battle so pretty everyone feels same as you !
So I guess Writer gave Ash a Ash-Greninja to take Lucario's place .
Old 2016-01-02, 16:17   Link #1196
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Well , XY series TV Rating Dropped after Shalure city Gym-Battle so pretty everyone feels same as you !
So I guess Writer gave Ash a Ash-Greninja to take Lucario's place .
No it dropped after Shalour because of the fact that the mega evolution was something we all looked forward to and if he was gonna get anything related to. Ash Greninja doesnt take Lucario's place at all in fact Ash's greninja is a worse thing because not only is not true mega evolution but if im being honest its pretty stupid.

The ratings also dropped because it became increasingly a nakama power series. I
mean hell if you look at the battle with Ramos Valerie and Olympia and to a lesser extent Clemont Ash has been getting brutalized without his pokemon being KOed and winning using minimal skill at all. I mean seriously Greninja is frail as hell and if game greninja took the hits like Ash's Greninja (Not Ash-Greninja) the thing would be even more brutal then it already is.

Old 2016-01-02, 18:51   Link #1197
Chosen_Hero

Which in a way is a contradiction since Mega Evolution is literally Nakama power given form.

Digimos still the biggest offender when it come to Nakama power considering it basically gives their Digimon deity levels of haxness.
Old 2016-01-03, 04:04   Link #1198
Idealist 99

Quote:
Which in a way is a contradiction since Mega Evolution is literally Nakama power given form.

Digimos still the biggest offender when it come to Nakama power considering it basically gives their Digimon deity levels of haxness.
Digimons are just overrated ! They just have size .
Any pokemon with Psychic attack can finish more then half of Digimon population.

Ash-greninja is same as Kamiki Sekai's "Assimilation" in Gundam build fighter Try.
Considering that both Ash & Sekai feels the pain/damage of Ash-Greninja & Build Burning Gundam.
Now we have to see if Ash-Greninja can match the destructive power of Build Burning Gundam..

Also , XY&Z series should also introduce powerful and good rival/characters like the characters from Gundam build fight try !A main rival like Wilfrid Kijima and Two love-interest like Fumina Hoshina & Shia will make anybody interested .
Off Course , Steven make a perfect clone of Wilfrid Kijima ! Serena doesn't really live up to hot Fumina and the only person that can be near to Shia is Kalo queen Aria.
Old 2016-01-03, 09:37   Link #1199
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Digimons are just overrated ! They just have size .
Any pokemon with Psychic attack can finish more then half of Digimon population.

Ash-greninja is same as Kamiki Sekai's "Assimilation" in Gundam build fighter Try.
Considering that both Ash & Sekai feels the pain/damage of Ash-Greninja & Build Burning Gundam.
Now we have to see if Ash-Greninja can match the destructive power of Build Burning Gundam..

Also , XY&Z series should also introduce powerful and good rival/characters like the characters from Gundam build fight try !A main rival like Wilfrid Kijima and Two love-interest like Fumina Hoshina & Shia will make anybody interested .
Off Course , Steven make a perfect clone of Wilfrid Kijima ! Serena doesn't really live up to hot Fumina and the only person that can be near to Shia is Kalo queen Aria.
First of all any three Mega level Digimon could (sadly) wipeout all 720+ Pokémon, that's how different the power levels are so no.

Second please don't use Gundam Try bs logic for Pokémon seeing as GBF Try (in my opinion) was a severe downgrade from the first season, especially with how it turned into a shitty harem anime that incidentally had Gundam in the title.
Old 2016-01-03, 12:31   Link #1200
ImperialFlameGod8190

See here's the problem. They've tried rivals but with the exception of Paul they havent really given a true rival to Ash. Yes i know there's Gary but his lack of appearances ruined that for me. Others have been friends who are fellow trainers but not rivals in a true sense. barry was too nonsensical for me and everybody else lacked the tension required.

the love interest is moot because they've always had the girls stuck in the friendzone and until that stops adding another girl is just an irritant.