AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-06, 19:57   Link #241
the_firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
OTZ. After listening again a sample of Fukuhara as Tsukasa (LS), it boggles me how I could mistake Nonaka and her. My bad my bad *sigh*

And Hisakawa was voicing Kate? She wasn't exactly recognizable in my book, huhu.

It was the closest thing I saw to 'Kate' but I could be wrong,
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 20:46   Link #242
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Aside of that, I'm surprised they did take their time for the plot, as I was expecting some skipped stuff (especially regarding the whole thing with Kate and Oscar).
I still have hard time to compute Kawasumi as Alice... she still has too much "soft tones"
Yeah I wished they kept Yukari Tamura for Alice.
Old 2009-04-06, 22:50   Link #243
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Yeah I wished they kept Yukari Tamura for Alice.
Thirded again. Ayako just makes Alice's voice too soft.

EDIT: I have a feeling that Xebec is just a bunch of Ayako fanboys, refer to To love ru's saki, Kanokon;s Chizuru and now Pandora Hearts >_>. The drama cast was good, why didn't they keep it is anyone's guess.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 22:54   Link #244
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Having had no exposure to the Drama CD's cast, I thought her voice was fine...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 23:08   Link #245
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Having had no exposure to the Drama CD's cast, I thought her voice was fine...
Yeah I'm in the same boat having no exposure to the Drama CD cast. I personally felt the voice was good so don't have any complaints there. The soft tone worked well especially when things suddenly switched to being much more serious . Didn't really have a problem with the voices of anyone in the first episode.
Old 2009-04-07, 04:57   Link #246
evil-samurai

They did a good job with the episode, the start of the manga was always my least favorite part, up until Oz found the watch, so it can only get better! Art and animation was anything special but I loved the watch melody. It really set up the Alice scene well. Had no problems with the VA, I'm very much of a fan of Alice's voice, and Oz was well.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 05:52   Link #247
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Thirded again. Ayako just makes Alice's voice too soft.
Another one from me, though then again i've been saying it since the anime cast was announced.

Ayako does a good though, though she's not the Alice i wanted to hear. Doesn't bother me that much that i wouldn't watch the show though.
Old 2009-04-07, 07:12   Link #248
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Kawasumi is generally a very good seiyuu, and I thought she's handled the role quite well so far.

Ep 1

This has potential. The artstyle is rather unrefined, but I don't think it detracts to any great degree. (It's not hard to be reminded of Kuroshitsuji to a certain degree and, as someone mentioned way earlier in this thread, A-1 is definitely a superior animation studio to XEBEC). But the atmosphere is dark and really heavy and that scene with Kawasumi's character was intense and really well done. I think this show is definitely worth keeping an eye on. It's been pretty quick to set the tone.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:16   Link #249
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Kawasumi is generally a very good seiyuu, and I thought she's handled the role quite well so far.
We're not saying she isn't --- personally she's one of my favorites. We are saying that she's not the perfect choice for Alice.
Old 2009-04-07, 07:38   Link #250
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Maybe the director wants a different Alice. One that is more sympathetic, able to portray romance, moe and psychological trauma including yanderu moments. Kawasumi's version of Alice's yanderu moment I was feeling sorry for her and followed every word. I was also a little scared. I liked the duality of emotions that I felt. Tamura's anime characters that I've been exposed to (Michiru from Air, Minmin from Mushi-uta) tend to have a harsh/brash side to their voices which I don't find very sympathetic or flat with no emotion (Mai from Air).

Her performance made Oz's subsequent reaction more believable. If I was really scared, I would have tossed that watch away. However, Alice being sympathetic (trapped in a room with dolls and getting a little crazy) and crying for help ( the murder attempt since the dolls said that it wasn't his first time there to see her) made him keeping that watch and being inquisitive about it more believable.

Besides, you can't get better than Saber (Fate/stay night) and Kurau (Kurau Phantom Memory), a mixture of nobility, sexuality and tragedy.

I think that this Alice is doing a good job.
Old 2009-04-07, 11:14   Link #251
fedor mma

I have read a little of the manga and ep 1 was a pretty decent adaption.
I'm keeping an eye out for this one.
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 14:27   Link #252
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Though the first episode was vague with whats going on i felt its dark and mysterious tone instantly and liked it. Some of the scenes were just down right creepy especially the girl who seems like some type of apparition and spiteful one at that. I am not familiar with the series but i unrecognized several nice voice talents being used in this one and approve. I will be following Pandora Hearts carefully this one really caught me. I am not too excited about over half of the new spring selection of series so this was a nice touch.
Old 2009-04-07, 16:13   Link #253
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The discussion of Kawasumi is great. Interesting points all round. As a complete noob to this franchise, I love the way she's doing the character -- to the extent that I might even consider it among the best performances of the year so far -- but we'll see how well her version fits as we get further into the story. And I suppose the people who are put off by her version may get a chance to adapt, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 16:31   Link #254
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The discussion of Kawasumi is great. Interesting points all round. As a complete noob to this franchise, I love the way she's doing the character -- to the extent that I might even consider it among the best performances of the year so far -- but we'll see how well her version fits as we get further into the story. And I suppose the people who are put off by her version may get a chance to adapt, too.
I second that opinion.

In fact, I'm amazed about the dexterity and malleability of her voice to play characters with varied personalities.

As of recently, I watched episode 22 of Kuroshitsuji, and imagine my surprise when I recognized Ayako Kawasumi's voice in the role of the lolita version of Queen Victoria. It was such a nice treat to listen.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 19:52   Link #255
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Intriguing first episode and thankfully the lead isnt near as shota as he appeared on the website (I blame the shorts and lack of others near him in statics to give a sense of scale ).

Hopefully they can maintain this air of mystery and intrigue for atleast alittle while. Long enough hopefully to come to understand the characters at the very least.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 19:44   Link #256
NakedAngelX

Awesome episode 2!

Spoiler for Ep 2:

Anyone know the melody from when the watch is opened, is it original? Or it's copied from somewhere. Would be nice for a Pandora Hearts Music Box hehe.
Old 2009-04-09, 20:05   Link #257
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hau...~ Oz, switch with me. Why do only you get to get stepped on by Alice?! (;´Д`)ハァハァ

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 02:07   Link #258
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
Also it seems from Oz's view she's a girl, but from other people's view she's the black rabbit?
yeah its the same in the manga too and it never explains it, they have a deep connection so it might be why he sees her as her human appearence

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hau...~ Oz, switch with me. Why do only you get to get stepped on by Alice?! (;´Д`)ハァハァ

Spoiler for ep2:
Here s some answers to your questions without spoiling much

Spoiler:

Quote:
Though the animation sure tried to exaggerate Alice's facial expressions a bit too much
haha they didnt really exaggerate she looks that insane in the manga as well actually i think she looked even more insane in the manga. Its just the way alice is which is why she is awesome
Old 2009-04-10, 04:50   Link #259
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Its just the way alice is which is why she is awesome
You understand!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 08:30   Link #260
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
It's Sharon

Tags
fantasy, shounen