AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-22, 02:26   Link #661
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
yah wasn't so sure on how that went down. Thanks for info.
It's not like you can hit your wife. A man that hits a lady isn't a man at all.
Old 2010-12-22, 09:34   Link #662
Ashaman

What are you trying to say about Touman
Old 2010-12-22, 09:36   Link #663
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It's not like you can hit your wife. A man that hits a lady isn't a man at all.
I did not know thats his wife. Though i dont know if thats a pun your saying since a certain favorite hero does that.
Old 2010-12-22, 10:18   Link #664
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

We got about the same number of guys hitting girls as the number of girls hitting guys, and that's a lot.
Old 2010-12-22, 10:33   Link #665
tsunade666

I'm talking about the relationship of Orellus and Silvia. It's not like Orellus can hit back against Silvia. He loves to be tortured I mean he doesn't like hurting others
Old 2010-12-22, 10:41   Link #666
Miraluka
Banned

Nah, Ollerus is too much of a good guy to hit Silvia, also the times he gets punished is because of his own fault.
Old 2010-12-22, 10:46   Link #667
tsunade666

that's why I said he won't hit her back!............ He loves to play around but ended up getting lectured by silvia. Specially in SS. When he goes to warn academy city to not meddle with gemstone and also to snoop around. He fought a level 5 and got lectured by Silvia.
Old 2010-12-22, 11:58   Link #668
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah, the impression Ollerus gives me is:

Ollerus: Board of Directors, I'm badass so, don't mess with the children or you will mess with me! Because I'm a friging maij...
Silvia: Hora! Don't be cocky and lets get back to work!!!
Ollerus: ;_; ... ok...
Old 2010-12-22, 12:28   Link #669
Floran_D_Negator

some questions

I heard that Accelerator fought with Touma a second time. In which novel was it? I haven't read all the novels yet, so i am unsure.
Old 2010-12-22, 12:37   Link #670
Miraluka
Banned

It was in the novel 20:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me20_Chapter_3
Old 2010-12-22, 12:39   Link #671
Floran_D_Negator

some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thank you!
Old 2010-12-23, 12:17   Link #672
Floran_D_Negator

some message

I just wanted to ask. Is there an episode where Misaka really fought with Accelerator?
Old 2010-12-23, 12:21   Link #673
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Only in the Railgun manga, not so in anime and Index series.
Old 2010-12-23, 12:27   Link #674
tsunade666

episode? nope, but a chapter in railgun manga. Misaka did fought accelerator. Or maybe I should say that misaka attack accelerator but accelerator is so bored he didn't do a thing and just left the scene.
Old 2010-12-23, 12:51   Link #675
Floran_D_Negator

some questions

Here are my next set of questions:

1. Why do the light novels take so long to come out? Unlike Naruto or bleach, where an issue comes out every week, why does it take 3 to 4 months for the next issue to come out?

2. I am a little bit confused as to how much of the story i need to know. I follow the Index anime, but must i read every single manga as well as watch every single episode of Railgun to fully understand the plot? I have finished watching Index season 1 and i am currently following season 2. However, must i also familiarize myself with Railgun if i want to completely understand the Index universe?

3. What are the light novels anyway? I know that other animes follow the manga. However, when i first started watching Index, i was quite surprised to find out that the anime was following the novels. Why is Index following the light novels when the author could just do a toaru majutsu no index season 2 manga? I am quite perplexed because this is the first time that i have heard of the concept of the light novels. Please explain this to me.

4. Why are most of the light novels untranslated? Is it because Index isn't as popular as other animes in america or the rest of the world? I am from singapore, but i refer to Baktsuki for the translations. Why isn't Index like Naruto or One Piece, where there are translations every week?

These are my new questions
Old 2010-12-23, 13:14   Link #676
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

My turn to answer this, stay out of it.

1. Manga chapters have about 17-18 or 40+ pages. For your example of Shounen Jump manga, they release a new issue every week, with about 17-18 pages. There are many artists assigned to a mangaka (Bakuman's references are pretty reliable here.), which is how they manage to print one chapter every week.

As for Light Novels, there's only one source of story content, the author. The author has to plan everything, and importantly, write everything by himself. For TAMnI, we're lucky here that the author's a machine. One novel release every 3 to 4 months is pretty fast for a Light Novel, just ask the Haruhi fans out there and hear them rampage about Volume 10... Since you're from Singapore, let me ask you this, how many words can you write for a composition? For Light Novel authors, they have to write about (with reference to Volume 7 translation) 70,000+ English words just to cover the content.

2. Your best source of content in the Touma-verse is the LNs, since everything else is derived from it. The Railgun content and short stories are just complementary, unless you want to understand more about volume 3 of the LNs or episodes 10-14 of season 1.

3. Light Novels are basically novels of about 300+ pages. Kind of slightly thicker than an Artemis Fowl book, but the original Japanese novels are like a booklet, small (A5 size) and easy to keep. The author is a writer, not a mangaka, so everything started from the novels. The manga series derive from the novel events, so the author isn't going to do some Index 2 manga because he isn't the one drawing it (someone one one someone else is). Go check out Kinokuniya Orchard and check under the ライト。ノベル category, you'll get my idea.

4. What I have been ranting about ever since I got started... The skill required, the dedication needed, all these things are required for LNs more than manga, which is why you don't see LNs translated as fast (or not even translated at all). There's a reason why on Baka-Tsuki, we only have Toradora! as our 'complete' series, and there are still Short Stories left to be translated.
Old 2010-12-23, 13:30   Link #677
Floran_D_Negator

Some questions

Wow, thanks! These things really make more sense now. From this, is it wrong to say that Index is a unique anime because the creator is more of a writer than a mangaka? If you look at famous anime artists like Akira Toriyama or Oda sensei, they are manga artists who express their ideas and stories through their drawings. However, for Index, the anime is planned out by a writer and drawn by a separate artist.
Old 2010-12-23, 13:31   Link #678
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floran_D_Negator View Post
Here are my next set of questions:

Quote:
Why do the light novels take so long to come out? Unlike Naruto or bleach, where an issue comes out every week, why does it take 3 to 4 months for the next issue to come out?
Its because its a novel. It's covers more story and it was originally a novel so it takes longer than 18 pages of pictures.

Quote:
I am a little bit confused as to how much of the story i need to know. I follow the Index anime, but must i read every single manga as well as watch every single episode of Railgun to fully understand the plot? I have finished watching Index season 1 and i am currently following season 2. However, must i also familiarize myself with Railgun if i want to completely understand the Index universe?
Railgun is totally different, they were gonna inrtoduce Uiharu since i believe she is an original index character. The anime shows plot really well so yuou dont need anything else. Remember its about the adventures of a boy who takes care of a certain magical index. Railgun was made just for... japanese men who like misaka, or because she is one of the most popular characters in the series.

Quote:
What are the light novels anyway? I know that other animes follow the manga. However, when i first started watching Index, i was quite surprised to find out that the anime was following the novels. Why is Index following the light novels when the author could just do a toaru majutsu no index season 2 manga? I am quite perplexed because this is the first time that i have heard of the concept of the light novels. Please explain this to me
.The index manga comes out monthly and when they did the anime on this the author was already around V.12. Also, novels came out first, if u notice the manga hasn't finished season 1.Alot of other shows are from light novels. Baka and test, ore no imouto, chrome shelled regios, toradora, legend of the legendary heroes, shakugan no shana, the melancholy of haruhi,Full Metal Panic, etc. You'll notice some anime titles on baka-tsuki.

Quote:
4. Why are most of the light novels untranslated? Is it because Index isn't as popular as other animes in america or the rest of the world? I am from singapore, but i refer to Baktsuki for the translations. Why isn't Index like Naruto or One Piece, where there are translations every week?
Index is very or quite popular in japan, not as much as one piece,naruto,or bleach, but those took a while before they became popular and index came out in 2006 i think so it still takes time. Its already the top novel, Toumas the top male character of novel, Accel is second top, Misaka is top female, Index and Itsuwa are in the top 20, Last order also i think. If you want translators go find some, yesterday i asked a friends who said he would do it but hes got shcool and work so thats a no. Although if u want someone to read to you talk to Index's # 1 translator Teh Ping. I believe he lives in Singapore also, or another one of the translators on here. Index will probably get more popular since it got dubbed in portugese and soon American.

These are my new questions
Whew there are your answers
Old 2010-12-23, 13:37   Link #679
Floran_D_Negator

some questions

Thanks for the replies I understand everything better now.
Old 2010-12-23, 13:49   Link #680
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floran_D_Negator View Post
Wow, thanks! These things really make more sense now. From this, is it wrong to say that Index is a unique anime because the creator is more of a writer than a mangaka? If you look at famous anime artists like Akira Toriyama or Oda sensei, they are manga artists who express their ideas and stories through their drawings. However, for Index, the anime is planned out by a writer and drawn by a separate artist.
Forgot to mention index's artist is the top artist also.

Look how this SOB draws, i wish he gave some tutorials

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/i_m.htm
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a