AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-01-15, 12:25   Link #261
Plant42

http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-1230.html

Now the new opening is confirmed for coming on ep 17.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 14:06   Link #262
Soraya21

Is this thread really the right place to be discussing a Index vs. Railgun series debate? And at any rate, all of this really just boils down to personal preferances and the like.

I myself vastly prefer Index over Railgun. Half of the reason is because the Index anime is what brought me into the entire franchise in the first place, and that imprinted a lasting impression which didn't carry over to the Railgun anime with its change in genre, content, focus and vibe. The other half is because I don't really have any particular like or dislike for Railgun's main cast members, and watching an entire series wholly dedicated to these 4 characters wasn't something I enjoyed or was interested in.

This doesn't mean that Index was better than Railgun or vice versa, it's really just a matter of individual's taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post

Truthfully, I think this is a good thing. Haven't really been a big fan of the clustering of characters into the current OP's animation, so the fact that they're going to wait until the Italy arc is over means only the essential cast partaking in the finale will have an appearance in the OP and more tidbits of story arc focus can go back into the animation.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 18:05   Link #263
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post

I'm kind of disappointed that I won't be able to see it until after this arc ends, but I am pretty happy that the opening will be solely focused on the awesome last arc.
Old 2011-01-15, 18:09   Link #264
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Doubt that. Biago and the nuns will probably be in it even though their arc will be over. Like OP2 last season. I'm guessing whatever team J.C.Staff had doing OP2 ran behind schedule. Why this happens in every single J.C.Staff series is beyond me. Expect corrections to be made in the BD/DVDs, like last season lol.
Old 2011-01-15, 20:07   Link #265
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
People say Railgun is just a moe show but more than half of the characters in Index is moe. People are making it seem that Railgun has no plot and is just a another "girls do cute things show" yet I consider it pretty action pack with a good well-stringed plot while Index keeps producing "usual Index arcs" with Dahaisesai to be the most notorius for making me think there's a plot yet its all going to be solved by a f*cking FIREWORK DISPLAY. And for the question why Mikoto fans keep wanting Mikoto to come out is because they are Mikoto fans though if these certain Mikoto fans read the forums they realize she isn't gonna come out as much.

I'm not raging cus I actually like Index even with all its discrepancies and I'm not saying Railgun is perfect. It just irritates me for some reason that people keep saying that Railgun is just some half-assed fanservice show for Biri-biri fans when in fact that series surpasses its parent story in a lot of aspects which is usually rare for a spin off.

(Wait this is kinda unrelated to the forums)
As for the new ED itself its nice to see Touma with his old uniform and Index is just as cute as a button
Whatchu mean "usual index arcs"?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 23:24   Link #266
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Whatchu mean "usual index arcs"?
When an arc starts its usually pretty awesome then it sours with all the plot exposition which half the time doesn't make any sense or its hard to understand. I do hear some people say Index gets better after more volumes come out but its already the second half of the second season and it isn't getting any better. Its basely on my opinion though and this is what I think of Index.

It looks like I hate Index though but I do like it a lot. Afterall there won't be a Railgun without an Index.

I think this is the wrong topic to discuss this about though so i'll stop

Aside from my bitch fagging, the OP's gonna come out at episode 17? JC Staff is always late when it comes to these things...
Old 2011-01-16, 11:20   Link #267
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
New OP sample.

Personally, I think it sounds too upbeat and doesn't fit for whats to come in the anime. Well that's for the later part anyway...
Old 2011-01-16, 11:42   Link #268
Miraluka
Banned

In some way See VisionS reminds me more of Psi-Missing opening from the previous season.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 11:54   Link #269
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
In some way See VisionS reminds me more of Psi-Missing opening from the previous season.
The Psi-Missing OP is my favorite of the bunch so far.
Old 2011-01-16, 12:28   Link #270
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The preview is too scratchy to actually get a good feeling for what the song is like. We should just wait until ep 17 to pass judgement.
Old 2011-01-16, 13:09   Link #271
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Well if u can make ur own montage in your head I think the song sounds better. Its probably gonna start with The main characters walking around town. You know doin their business , then when the song starts its all action with you know whos
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 17:45   Link #272
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Another excellent No buts! guitar cover. It isn't as crazy awesome as the last one, but it's still pretty good.

Quote:
When an arc starts its usually pretty awesome then it sours with all the plot exposition which half the time doesn't make any sense or its hard to understand. I do hear some people say Index gets better after more volumes come out but its already the second half of the second season and it isn't getting any better. Its basely on my opinion though and this is what I think of Index.
In my opinion, the plot really kicks off after volumes 12-13. That's the last arc of this season and there's not really that much exposition in there so try and refrain form judging Index as a whole until it's finished. I really want a third season to show the most epic parts of Index, but I suppose that'll have to wait until after a second season of Railgun.

The reason why there's so much exposition is because with the science side we already have everything scientific explained in our world, whereas magic doesn't exist and the author has to create it all by him/herself by drawing from religion. It seems tedious to listen to in an anime, but the light novels fit this kind of writing perfectly which is why Index is a bestseller.

Quote:
Yeah, I can kind of see what you mean. PSI-Missing was calmer than this, though.

I think the beginning sounds pretty epic. I hope the delay means that the animation will be excellent as well.
Old 2011-01-16, 18:37   Link #273
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I'd have to disagree. The explanations are even more tedious in the novels since you have to read them and the story often gets bogged down by them. An excellent example of this would be the Daihaseisai arc, where we had extremely lengthy explanations about how magic works and such that weren't really needed, and the anime made it better by cutting them out all together. That said, I do agree that Index is a best seller partly because of those lengthy explanations, which are very fascinating. Either way, it's not that much of a consequence to Index as an anime either, since the BD/DVDs still sale very well.

And yeah, if nothing else I'm looking forward to seeing the animation for this OP. Unlike No buts! it doesn't have a high tempo all the way through, so I'm anticipating less fast paced pans and something more akin to the first season's OPs.
Old 2011-01-17, 12:21   Link #274
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Magic in general would always get more audience, specially well explained magic systems just see novels (Slayers, Orphen) are the best seller light novels in japan, and I can argue half the people on the world have no idea just how dark are slayers novels and the great plot behind all the crack humor.

Index has the problem that they need to explain magic, theres a radical difference in magical girls anime and in sorcery based animes, the former hardly ever explain the magic and its just big magical arrays or techno mages, while on the other hand you have a system you have to explain.

Kinda like ki in naruto vs nen in hunter x hunter.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 18:05   Link #275
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^^^^
Okay guys that's quite enough there, if you want you guys can bring the topic (even the quotations) to the General Thread where I'm sure more people would be willing to express themselves wholeheartedly regarding their preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The preview is too scratchy to actually get a good feeling for what the song is like. We should just wait until ep 17 to pass judgement.
Similar to [No Buts!] the promo for the song sounds very messy, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but for certain it doesn't give me the same vibe as the previous OPs. For one thing, it's not as 'dark' or 'high-tempo' as them, and given the eventual nature of the arc this OP would represent, it feels like a weird choice to me.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 19:36   Link #276
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

It's kind of hypocritical after saying we should wait, but from what I could discern of the song it sounds fine for the arc to me, and Index as a whole. Besides, I don't think we should really judge OPs based on how they fit the series, since every song has different melodies to it.
Old 2011-01-20, 00:18   Link #277
Karna
just some guy

The new opening sounds better than the current one in my opinion.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 00:18   Link #278
Avegaille

Can't wait to hear the new OP for Index in a better quality, though I'm already liking it so far... xD
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 19:15   Link #279
hoarfrost

I don't know about anyone else, but I just want the track that plays during Tsuchimikado's fight with Oriana in ep 11. Ominous Latin Chanting + Trance = Win.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 23:22   Link #280
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Listening to a portion of Railgun's OST.

... Actually, most of the soundtracks used in Railgun hails from Index, so I can't see anything to praise much.

"RAILGUN SHOOT" and "battle area" is pretty likeable but when I take Index's OST into consideration it pretty much pales in comparison.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote