AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-17, 18:16   Link #2581
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Whole thing is that the homonculus thing is pretty anti-mystery :P
Anti-mystery FTMFW.

So anyway before this topic drives me completely up the wall...

Assuming Battler was born from Asumu, and she is somehow his mother and yet he is not her son... Well, forgetting the 2nd part contradiction, he wasn't able to say "It was from Asumu that I was born."

So anyway if he was born from Asumu and he couldn't say it... that could mean that saying something in red does not satisfy a burden of proof... and therefore can't be said in red. Beato could never say "magic exists" or "witches are real."

Hrmm... it's a thought.

Last edited by stray; 2009-07-17 at 18:39. Reason: Red was a bad choice...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:25   Link #2582
metronome
Mad Loli

dunno, what homunculus exactly is?
to me actually kinzo is more doing cloning research rather than homunculus research.
if it is cloning research, it is still considered anti fantasy.

if I would go deeper into even wilder theory, may be everyone that's married to ushiromiya's male can't have child, including rudolf, and then kinzo use this chance to actually put a "tube baby"(may be kinzo's sperm combined with the egg cell from beatrice, I am not sure if this technique is called tube baby but I know this exist)to the woman they are married too(the woman gonna act like the baby's surrogate mother) including kinzo's own wife and even his daughter.... may be. but then well, still, this theory is defeated by the statement where both of the women rudolf courting were actually pregnant before married, hmm, may be only rudolf is fertile?:P

edit:
ok found out the technique name: in vitro fertilisation, it is already out there from 1977..., heh.
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:28   Link #2583
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
dunno, what homunculus exactly is?
to me actually kinzo is more doing cloning research rather than homunculus research.
if it is cloning research, it is still considered anti fantasy.

if I would go deeper into even wilder theory, may be everyone that's married to ushiromiya's male can't have child, including rudolf, and then kinzo use this chance to actually put a "capsule baby"(may be kinzo's sperm combined with the egg cell from beatrice, I am not sure if this technique is called capsule baby but I know this exist)to the woman they are married too(the woman gonna act like the baby's surrogate mother) including kinzo's own wife and even his daughter.... may be.
Homunculus is considered a human body or something like that, which didn't form in the womb of a woman. Beatrice claimed that the 1967 Beato was a homunculus Kinzo made as a vessel to keep her trapped.

....wtf XD

George is screwed if he wants a family then lol
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:35   Link #2584
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alipes View Post
Hey there, up until now I've been lurking and reading the interesting bits of speculation, but I had some interesting ideas to post in regards to the final mystery from Episode 4. Sorry if this is a little long!

Spoiler for More detailed theory:

Well, a lot of it is just wild guessing, but I find it interesting and would be curious to hear what you think.
Alright then, I'll bite.
Spoiler for Kinzo's Contingency Plan:

It's not a bad theory. But I haven't even begun my counterattack. Let's assume your speculation about the servants is in fact true after all. What happens if we accept that?
Spoiler for What Had To Go Wrong:

And finally, the most obvious problem!
Spoiler for 'Suicide' Servants?:
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 20:27   Link #2585
Alipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Alright then, I'll bite.
Spoiler for Kinzo's Contingency Plan:

It's not a bad theory. But I haven't even begun my counterattack. Let's assume your speculation about the servants is in fact true after all. What happens if we accept that?
Spoiler for What Had To Go Wrong:

And finally, the most obvious problem!
Spoiler for 'Suicide' Servants?:
Thanks for your response Renall! Very well thought-out post, but here are my thoughts in regards to your points:

Spoiler for In Regards to Contigency Plan:

Spoiler for In Regards to What Goes Wrong:

And finally!
Spoiler for In Regards to the Suicide of the Servants:

Anyway, thanks for your great analysis Renall, I look forward to hearing your further thoughts on this.
Alipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 21:54   Link #2586
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Spoiler for Why Battler probably isn't a girl:

Pugatorio = Meta-World, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Homunculus is considered a human body or something like that, which didn't form in the womb of a woman. Beatrice claimed that the 1967 Beato was a homunculus Kinzo made as a vessel to keep her trapped.

....wtf XD

George is screwed if he wants a family then lol
Maybe she's a test-tube baby? Though I doubt that kind of advancement was around back then, so...
Old 2009-07-17, 21:55   Link #2587
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
However, at that point, not even half a year had passed since the accident, and despite the extraordinary circumstances, it was not established that the others had been missing long enough to be presumed dead.
If the person had last been seen in a house that exploded, and a search of the island failed to find them, then that's probably enough to get them declared legally dead.

2) The ending scroll to episode 1 implies that the bodies were found afterwards.

3) Was just the mansion rigged to explode, or both the mansion and the guesthouse? Just one exploding could be passed off as an accident, but not both. If just the mansion, there's a good chance of missing people.

4) Why not do something like rigging the boat to explode? Or even just "Genji takes a gun, shoots the appropriate people, then turns himself in."

5) If there was a simple surface explanation, why didn't Okonogi give it? "Krauss didn't perform proper maintenance on the boiler, and it exploded, wiping out your family. The end."

Anybody else bothered by the Prof's complete failure to recognize Ange or the name Sumadera?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 21:57   Link #2588
Marion
The Great Dine

The professor is just a guy working at a university. He researches the incident and Beatrice. Ange wasn't at the conference, nor was she involved in the murders. He probably read about her once, but didn't care since she isn't involved.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 23:38   Link #2589
Knicknevin

A rather general note on the discussion between Alipes and the rest: Back in Episode 3, when Kinzo 'died' during the first twilight, Beato shot some red out regarding the victims. First of all, All of the six are dead. Well, that wasn't really the issue here anyway.

Now at this point, Battler theorizes that one of the six killed themselves. But instead of demanding that Beatrice state that "None of the six committed suicide", he instead demands she repeat "All of the six were killed by other people"! Beato and Ronove are shocked: Ronove calls Battler's demand a 'painful move'. Beato tries to deflect Battler by saying None of the victims committed suicide. So we can rule out Kinzo killing himself at least. Beato is getting worked up, and Ronove calls a break so she can cool down before she gives away something major.

Think about this for a moment- if Kinzo had been killed by Krauss or somebody for some reason, the first twilight could have wound up a sticking point so tight that Battler is made to surrender right at the start. Beatrice simply has to say All of the six were killed by other people. and Battler is suddenly without a leg to stand on. But she didn't, and even in Episode 4, when speaking about that case, she even went as far as to say The five other than Kinzo were killed by other people. Something along those lines at least.

All of this leads me to believe that Kinzo had died of natural causes, a good amount of time before the game began, and Beato was hiding it in order to keep Battler as in the dark as possible. I admit you can argue that Beatrice is still hiding things and she's still hiding some major information about Kinzo's death. This could have been an elaborate deception.
Knicknevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 00:08   Link #2590
Alipes

@Knicknevin: actually, that's not quite right from what I'm seeing Beatrice said in red in regards to the murders, and I think it's an important distinction.

6 people: Kinzo, Genji, Shannon, Kanon, Gohda, and Kumasawa are dead!
The 6 people died instantly!
The 6 people were not killed by traps!
None of the 6 people committed suicide!
When the five other than Kinzo were murdered, the murderer was definitely in the same room!

This is misleading, as it doesn't necessarily say that Kinzo was not murdered, just that the murderer was present in the room with the other five who were dead. It's possible he died of natural causes, certainly, but this also doesn't rule out the idea that Kinzo could have been poisoned.
Alipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 00:27   Link #2591
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I wonder, does poison count as a "trap", though?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 01:01   Link #2592
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I doubt it. Traps are usually something left behind that someone can trigger at a later time. Poision is directly applied to a food or drink intended for a person. While a trap can be left for a specific person, poison is generally not classied as a trap in most mysteries.
Old 2009-07-18, 01:59   Link #2593
Knicknevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alipes View Post
@Knicknevin: actually, that's not quite right from what I'm seeing Beatrice said in red in regards to the murders, and I think it's an important distinction.

6 people: Kinzo, Genji, Shannon, Kanon, Gohda, and Kumasawa are dead!
The 6 people died instantly!
The 6 people were not killed by traps!
None of the 6 people committed suicide!
When the five other than Kinzo were murdered, the murderer was definitely in the same room!

This is misleading, as it doesn't necessarily say that Kinzo was not murdered, just that the murderer was present in the room with the other five who were dead. It's possible he died of natural causes, certainly, but this also doesn't rule out the idea that Kinzo could have been poisoned.
Ah, quite right. Didn't have my notes handy so I was quoting from memory. Still, the sticking point here is that Beato went into damage control mode when Battler demanded Beatrice say 'All of the six were killed by other people'. Though we can attribute all sorts of reasons to that. A cyanide surprise with breakfast would certainly kill Kinzo instantly, and the killer does not have to be in the same room.

I'll grant that Kinzo doesn't like his family much. I've speculated myself that Kinzo was in some way aware of what was going to happen, and left the epitaph behind as a test of worthiness- if someone solves it soon enough they might be able to prevent the massacre in the first place. And whoever solves it becomes the next head, as they have just 'saved' the family from certain destruction, just as Kinzo did in the past.

And I'll grant that the highest ranked servants- Genji, Kanon and Shannon, all seem to have a rather indifferent attitude about their own deaths. Genji is a friggin robot, Kanon seems to be bent on rejecting all human contact, and Shannon is content just with George's intentions.

But this theory is ignoring the feelings of the person most important to it- Kinzo. The general feeling that most of the siblings share is that Kinzo placed Beatrice, whoever or whatever she is, as a higher priority than any of them. And from what we've seen and heard, the family's pride and honor were more important than any member as well. Considering the scene at the very start of Episode 1, Kinzo was very insistent that all of his life's work must be completed while he is still alive- he cared little for what happened after he died, since he wanted to settle things with his own hands pretty much. And the planting of a not-so-small bomb in the mansion just doesn't seem his style. The man spent his life focused on two things- the prosperity of the Ushiromiya family, and later, the revival of 'Beatrice'. Blowing up his house doesn't really fit with either of those criteria. And runs counter to both.

And anyway, if the servants are intent on killing everyone with a massive bomb, why are they (presumably) also taking part in the killings? Since in many games it seems like all but a foregone conclusion that some of them are assisting the killer. Why all the magical trickery? And who is 'Beatrice'? Someone on the island has their own agenda. In cases like this, with a massive inheritance on the line, one of the rules of thumb that I've always been advised to use is "Follow the money". And if you follow the money trail, it always leads you to the same place- the Sumadera family. I really doubt Kinzo had that in mind...
Knicknevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 02:50   Link #2594
Sylum

First time posting, didn't feel like reading 131 pages so hopefully this wasn't posted before, but felt like adding my theory on Battlers mother (since I see a large number of people guessing)

Kyrie is Battlers real mother:

Asumu and Kyrie were to give birth on the same day, Kyrie was also to give birth to a boy, she claims that Asumu had succeeded in giving birth and she had ended up with a stillbirth. However, lets assume that Asumu had infact given birth to the stillborn and Kyrie had given birth to Battler, but Asumu or someone else had payed off the doctor attending Kyrie to tell her that the baby wasn't able to birth successfully and had died, and then had given the baby to Kyrie.

The thing with the second Battler can be explained that Asumu had already named the fetus inside of her Battler, and that was the name it would of been given on birth, so the Battler that was a fetus is dead, and the baby she stole from Kyrie was named Battler. Of course, this all depends on if Rudolf had been there during the birth, but he had probably been busy with some form of work, or something similar.

Another theory that goes along the same lines is that Asumu had hated Kyrie severely but had in fact given birth successfully to her baby Battler, however she had still taken the baby Kyrie had given birth to and tricked her into thinking that it was a stillborn since she feared that if Kyrie had given birth successfully that Rudolf would side with Kyrie. She then had people raise the baby in secret, giving it the same name of Battler, then her baby had died somehow and she took that Battler to be her son.

That's how I view it, so unless there was something spouted earlier that contradicts this, I think this is a theory that makes perfect sense in regard to the red truth.
Sylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 03:20   Link #2595
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

ok I haven't read about this yet so it seems people are forgeting about it - about battler's true mom... when beato asks him to repeat the first thing in red in that conversation, ange asks her to stop 'I know what you're trying to do' is what she says right?

how does she know that? how did she know what beato was going to do? well, I have no answer for this, just thought it'd help you people make some more crazy theories

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 03:55   Link #2596
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post

Maybe she's a test-tube baby? Though I doubt that kind of advancement was around back then, so...
test tube has been around after 1977. so that means 1986 is like 8-9 years after that, should be really more than possible.

edit: I thought u are talking about george since you quote marion, not sure about 1967, but well, may be that's what kinzo is researching, but for people that dunno about it , they gonna call it homunculus may be.

now something is coming to my mind too(I think other people has stated this, but since I am late comer, ok : there are at most 17 people on the island by the time the game start, but what about the number of corpses. We know that kinzo is always already dead by the start of each game, means it is easy to manipulate his corpse to fit the situation. You need 1 more corpse during the first 6 sacrifice? easy, add kinzo's corpse, you need corpse to cover skipped sacrifice, easy, just put that stake on the burnt body of kinzo. This person that acts as kinzo can really easily move around this way...

Last edited by metronome; 2009-07-18 at 04:17.
Old 2009-07-18, 04:11   Link #2597
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That might work for Ange....but not Battler. 1968 is a good deal before 1986 and 1977 in medical terms. Maria is out as all getout since it was a new proceedure...there weren't very many done then, and not in Japan. Also the first test tube baby was born in 1978. Ange is
problematic since there were only 14 pregnancies and 9 births of test tube babies between 1978 and 1981. The chances of Ange being one are remote to none. The chances of Battler (any form) being one are zero.

That reduces the options. Stolen baby, twin, adoption, female, and symantics on terminology of born and/or family name at birth (bastard).
Old 2009-07-18, 04:55   Link #2598
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That might work for Ange....but not Battler. 1968 is a good deal before 1986 and 1977 in medical terms. Maria is out as all getout since it was a new proceedure...there weren't very many done then, and not in Japan. Also the first test tube baby was born in 1978. Ange is
problematic since there were only 14 pregnancies and 9 births of test tube babies between 1978 and 1981. The chances of Ange being one are remote to none. The chances of Battler (any form) being one are zero.

That reduces the options. Stolen baby, twin, adoption, female, and symantics on terminology of born and/or family name at birth (bastard).
Hmm, actually I am not talking about the battler part(I am talking more about the part where beatrice said kinzo is making homunculus, and trying to guess what it may be in term of anti fantasy. like that tv tube, before people know what is inside the tube, they say some small goblin create the picture). but well, since it is included into it, let's just have fun talking about this batler guy too.

basically, the first recorded official theory came around 1977, and the first official proof came around 1978. But then I think people has started doing this research from even before, but keeps failing, or may be not enuff data (in term of statistic) even if you succeed a couple of times to be called safe. some people might conduct the research in secret, such as kinzo.

but well, I already said this is one of the wild guess to what I think could be one of the crazy theories.
battler should really ask help from conan, kindaichi, sherlock holmes, hercule poirot, or even jane marple from agatha christie to help him, I dont think they mind.
Old 2009-07-18, 05:37   Link #2599
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Considering everything I've read thus far, and taking into account that Kinzo has a vast wealth, I wouldn't find it surprising that he invested lots of money in that kind of thing.

In fact, my theory for Beatrice (the one in Kuwadorian), is that she was born in that exact same way. Today it might be common knowledge, but at the time, it could be considered "magic" and "producing homonculus".
Exilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 06:07   Link #2600
WhiteFrost

What I find problematic in the theory of baby-switching in the case of Battler, is that apperantly Rudolf married Asumu because she was pregnant. If Kyrie was pregnant at almost the exactly same time, if he actually preferred Kyrie over Asumu, wouldn't it be more likely that he'd pick Kyrie to marry?
WhiteFrost is offline   Reply With Quote