Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-09, 18:43   Link #241
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And back to Crocodile, I don't really see him bearing a grudge against Luffy either. Like I mentioned before, he seemed quite relaxed before being sent to the most infamous prison in the world. Perhaps he has a backup plan to attain an Ancient Weapon stored away somewhere just in case his scheme at Alabasta was foiled, and it may have something to do with Impel Down? He's certainly a clever enough pirate to pull something like that off.....
Or maybe he just gave up?
Old 2008-12-09, 18:49   Link #242
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

And back to Crocodile, I don't really see him bearing a grudge against Luffy either. Like I mentioned before, he seemed quite relaxed before being sent to the most infamous prison in the world. Perhaps he has a backup plan to attain an Ancient Weapon stored away somewhere just in case his scheme at Alabasta was foiled, and it may have something to do with Impel Down? He's certainly a clever enough pirate to pull something like that off.....

One does not need to be killed and taken everything away to hold a grudge against others.

Nevertheless, a clever badass like him only does what benefit him. And In this case if he meets up with Luffy, there's a big chance he will help.

Regarding the "back up plan", he wasn't even sure of Poisedon exists, so there's no chance he would have any other plan.
Old 2008-12-10, 12:28   Link #243
Rainbowman

Say, isn't there supposed to be a new chapter this week?
Old 2008-12-10, 13:12   Link #244
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its always best to read through entire threads, especially those threads you always post in and threads like this one with only 13 pages.

Its been mentioned and confirmed by marvelB that there is no chapter this week, but next week's chapter will come with a colour spread.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-12-10, 13:13   Link #245
ZeroForever

no, an offical off week was announced with a special color spread next week.

lol, someone beat me to the response.
Old 2008-12-10, 14:08   Link #246
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

back to the crocadile thing. I bet that most of luffy's enemy's have come to terms with him (and themselves) after loosing to luffy. Honestly, luffy was shouting out all that crap like "I don't care who you are, I'm going to be the one to surpass you." (just watched all of the anime fights luffy has had, pretty cool I must say).

I'm going to bet that there'll be quite a few villains that hold a grudge. Take a look at daz for instance, after his fight with zoro, he respected zoro. Yes we are talking about luffy but it's probably going to be the same thing. And besides, even if they do hold a grudge they all got the CRAP beaten out of them by luffy.

When their attacks might hurt the enemy through using swords or (sand) devil fruit abilities. Great, so what, all the enemy thinks is ("Shit, gotta watch out for the sand" or "gotta watch out for the tekkai blast (rob lucci)) when the enemy faces luffy they think "Crap, It's strawhat." - All of his attacks come from himself.

Anyway, my main point was that I don't believe luffy will be confronted by anyone other than... buggy maybe
Old 2008-12-10, 14:37   Link #247
Rainbowman

An off week, not the kind of news I wanted to hear. But I guess the news about the colour spread could make up for it.
Old 2008-12-10, 17:53   Link #248
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Color spread=few pages with color? or all? Why don't they do that anyways? All color pages from time to time. Should get that one guy from Bakuman to do it lol.
Old 2008-12-10, 18:08   Link #249
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Color spread=few pages with color? or all? Why don't they do that anyways? All color pages from time to time. Should get that one guy from Bakuman to do it lol.
Colour pages cost more to draw (you need special supplies, etc to draw a colour image) and they cost more to print/publish, so they are only used rarely, and most of the time they are only used for the first 6 or so pages. That being said, One Piece has a surprising amount of colour cover pages, at least compared to other Shounen Jump series.
Old 2008-12-10, 18:18   Link #250
heebo

Huu. Western comics must cost much more than Asian ones. They are mostly always in colors.
Old 2008-12-10, 18:30   Link #251
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by heebo View Post
Huu. Western comics must cost much more than Asian ones. They are mostly always in colors.
Yes, but Western Comics are not released in a bound 200 page collection every week selling more than 2.7 million copies a week. Instead, a Western comic series is released about once a month, and only 50,000 (or so) prints are made per series (less if the series is less popular, and more if the series is very popular). Added to that, Weekly Shounen Jump, at 200+ pages, only costs 5-6 dollars, as opposed to a singular western comic which routinely costs 9-10 dollars for a 20+ page issue. So, a western comic is generally always in colour because they cost more and are released less frequently.
Old 2008-12-10, 18:38   Link #252
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yes, but Western Comics are not released in a bound 200 page collection every week selling more than 2.7 million copies a week. Instead, a Western comic series is released about once a month, and only 50,000 (or so) prints are made per series (less if the series is less popular, and more if the series is very popular). Added to that, Weekly Shounen Jump, at 200+ pages, only costs 5-6 dollars, as opposed to a singular western comic which routinely costs 9-10 dollars for a 20+ page issue. So, a western comic is generally always in colour because they cost more and are released less frequently.
And generally it's to more of a broader age group than those of the west. Hell I would never buy a Marvel magazine. Maybe if I knew I could sell it for like thousands of dollars but eh.
Old 2008-12-10, 21:03   Link #253
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Okay I know I've been a little behind on the One Piece discussion, but I recently read the last three chapters 523-525, and have a little input to make. First off, it seems everyone was correct in their guess that all of the Straw Hats would land on individual islands and learn something that will help them (as in a power up) at least definitely in Nami's case with the wind knot (sp?) It's really interesting to see a Shichibukai cooperating with Luffy to help save Ace, and I must admit that I am a bit dissapointed that Jinbei has refused to cooperate with the WG, since I was hoping to see some fishman-style shichibukai powers. Hopefully though we will get a chance to see him using his powers if Luffy decides to help him get back to Fishman Island. Who else thought it was interesting to see the Shichibukai (sans Hancock & Jinbei) dining at the same table? It really emphasizes the enormity of Moria and Kuma, and shows us that Blackbeard is pretty much in the same ballpark as far as size goes. Also Doflamingo looked abnormally tall/big in that pic, has he always looked so big & lanky?...
Old 2008-12-10, 21:10   Link #254
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis
(Luffy already made the empress Boa Hancock fall in love with him BTW)
Ok so that means...

She wanna shop with Luffy, play box with Luffy
She wanna pillow fight in the middle of the night
She wanna drive his boat with 5 of her amazoness friends
She want love in the jacuzzi, rub up in the movies
When she and Luffy are apart, it makes her
Wanna get a piece of paper, scribble "I hate ya"
But she know she love Luffy because
She love everything Luffy say, Luffy does
And uh...
Old 2008-12-10, 21:16   Link #255
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
Okay I know I've been a little behind on the One Piece discussion, but I recently read the last three chapters 523-525, and have a little input to make. First off, it seems everyone was correct in their guess that all of the Straw Hats would land on individual islands and learn something that will help them (as in a power up) at least definitely in Nami's case with the wind knot (sp?) It's really interesting to see a Shichibukai cooperating with Luffy to help save Ace, and I must admit that I am a bit dissapointed that Jinbei has refused to cooperate with the WG, since I was hoping to see some fishman-style shichibukai powers. Hopefully though we will get a chance to see him using his powers if Luffy decides to help him get back to Fishman Island. Who else thought it was interesting to see the Shichibukai (sans Hancock & Jinbei) dining at the same table? It really emphasizes the enormity of Moria and Kuma, and shows us that Blackbeard is pretty much in the same ballpark as far as size goes. Also Doflamingo looked abnormally tall/big in that pic, has he always looked so big & lanky?...
Actually I think Jinbei going against the WB means we might actually get to see him fighting marines in the coming arc.

Doflamingo looked like a normal human but he was always this big. Its just weird to see because his frame is quite different compared to other big sized guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Ok so that means...

She wanna shop with Luffy, play box with Luffy
She wanna pillow fight in the middle of the night
She wanna drive his boat with 5 of her amazoness friends
She want love in the jacuzzi, rub up in the movies
When she and Luffy are apart, it makes her
Wanna get a piece of paper, scribble "I hate ya"
But she know she love Luffy because
She love everything Luffy say, Luffy does
And uh...
Technically you are correct, Hancock is in such a state.

Old 2008-12-10, 21:27   Link #256
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Actually I think Jinbei going against the WB means we might actually get to see him fighting marines in the coming arc.
I hope Luffy won't be stupid enough to set Jinbei free let alone meet him as a shichibukai.

Quote:
Doflamingo looked like a normal human but he was always this big. Its just weird to see because his frame is quite different compared to other big sized guys.
I think the reason Doflamingo looked as big as say Blackbeard is because he seems to be sitting on the head of the chair he's sitting on rather than the seat part.
Old 2008-12-10, 21:40   Link #257
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I hope Luffy won't be stupid enough to set Jinbei free let alone meet him as a shichibukai.

I think the reason Doflamingo looked as big as say Blackbeard is because he seems to be sitting on the head of the chair he's sitting on rather than the seat part.
You have underestimated Luffy. Let alone setting just Jinbei free, its even possible for him to destroy the entire Impel Down by the end of the arc.

Doflamingo isn't Blackbeard's size, but he is either the size of the Admirals or taller. He's a really tall guy, any taller they probably would be around the same size group of Whitebeard and Blackbeard.

Old 2008-12-10, 22:15   Link #258
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
If Jinbei is "in prison" for choosing to go against the WG, then technically he won't be shichibukai. Logically I could see the two considering one another allies, or at least temporary team mates during the coming arc, since neither Luffy or Jinbei will really have a reason to face off against one another with the Whitebeard Pirates attacking Impel Down and all...
Old 2008-12-10, 22:17   Link #259
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
If Jinbei is "in prison" for choosing to go against the WG, then technically he won't be shichibukai. Logically I could see the two considering one another allies, or at least temporary team mates during the coming arc.
No he's still a Shchibukai. They're saying if he continues to act like this then they'll revoke it.
Old 2008-12-10, 22:27   Link #260
Rainbowman

Quote:
You have underestimated Luffy. Let alone setting just Jinbei free, its even possible for him to destroy the entire Impel Down by the end of the arc.
Well what I'm saying is, I hope Luffy isn't stupid enough to make friends with Jinbei before arriving to Fishman Island. That would make the story REAL contradictive if that were to happen.
Closed Thread