AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 21:45   Link #41
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Holy hell, I've just read the last chapter. I keep liking Sasha more and more.
Yeah, completely different from Saori.
Old 2009-05-30, 14:40   Link #42
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I've just read the last chapter, 134 and it's very good. Chara design is absolutely awesome in these last chapters!

Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-14, 09:26   Link #43
solarknight123

You know, after i finished reading the latest translated chapters, I just realized how depressing this series is compared to the original saint seiya with so many deaths left and rights, esp. on the side of Athena's saints. Meanwhile Hades's army seems to be doing fine and aren't really having a problem with it. Like for every specter to fall, about 20 Saint die as well LOL. To me it seems like this manga raises the question of not who will die but who WON'T die.
Old 2009-06-16, 21:40   Link #44
xellos2099

Reading lost canvas made me think how easy Seiya have it when they don;t need to deal with resurrection spector.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 00:40   Link #45
Used Can

Well, to be fair, Seiya and Co. had to deal with those who were supposed to be their allies, and had to face Poseidon and Hades with really low numbers.
Old 2009-06-17, 01:00   Link #46
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, to be fair, Seiya and Co. had to deal with those who were supposed to be their allies, and had to face Poseidon and Hades with really low numbers.
That is a good point. Hell those five boys were about the only ones who saved the world. Not even Athena herself was responsible. Sure she gave them SOME help, but I emphasize the "some" part when you compare it to how many times they've had to rescue her and see how her little her help compares to theirs.
Old 2009-06-17, 12:29   Link #47
Used Can

That's debatable. That little help from Saori was what allowed them to survive the Sanctuary, Atlantis and the Underworld.

Terms like 'Deus ex Machina' or 'Plot Armour' in the original Saint Seiya are very, very literal.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:48   Link #48
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I think that the original is more depressing that Lost Canvas, there are so many unforgettable moment like some of gold saint death.
I speak about the anime of Saint Seiya, because the kurumanga is very bad (no powerful music, very bad chara design).

I wasn't very sad when i read Lost Canvas, except in these last chapters (some arts in this spoiler):

Spoiler:

Aurora Execution!

Last edited by Albafica; 2009-06-18 at 07:08.
Albafica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 14:47   Link #49
Used Can

I actually thought the deaths of the gold saints were poorly handled in the original. Aioros was dead from the very beginning. The ones who died in the sanctuary were, technically, bad guys at that point (with the exception of Kamus and Shura - their deaths were indeed sad, though) - so, no much sympathy for them. And the battles in Hades arc were far too underwhelming. We didn't get to see Aldebaran's battle - he was dead when we saw him. Shaka was awesome, to the point in which he was basically godly, but he basically made those 3 kill him on purpose. Mu, Milo and Aiolia got their asses handed badly by Rhadamanthys. Dohko died when they destroyed that wall. The only one who got a good battle and death, in my opinion, was Kanon.

In comparison to that, the deaths in Lost Canvas have delivered much more emotion, in my opinion.
Old 2009-06-19, 02:32   Link #50
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh, I think the death of gold saint in the original were awesome. Of course, i'm not speaking of death of bad guys like Deathmask or Aphrodite:

Spoiler:

But there were a lot of moments which are very sad like

Spoiler:

For Hades arc's battle, I though there were awesome, but that is my point of view.
About death in Lost canvas, I think Teshirogi don't give a lot of time about tears and other things. But perhaps in the anime, it will be very sad, because of music.
I think the Kurumanga was very bad but the anime was very good (except some arc like Poseidon) because of music and emotion.

I hope Teshirogi will do some bad guys like in Asgard arc, the character background in this arc were very good, because there are too many villain character in Hades group...

Old 2009-06-19, 21:31   Link #51
xellos2099

I just read 137 and I am wonder... whatever happen to the Gemini saint that show up in the meeting in the beginning? Sisyphe mentioned himself the only Gold Saint left to0 defense the 12 palace are Shion and himself.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 11:00   Link #52
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I think he is a loner, he seems a little evil but i think he must be good...

Spoiler:

I hope he will appear soon...
Old 2009-06-20, 14:54   Link #53
Used Can

Man, it seems the Spanish scanlations are really ahead (up to date, perhaps). Hopefully, the English ones will catch up soon (they've been releasing quite fast lately).

Anyway, hopefully, the Lost Canvas anime will have a soundtrack as good as the original. That soundtrack was just beautiful.

Anyway, has there been any official popularity poll for Lost Canvas?
Old 2009-06-20, 16:43   Link #54
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I saw Lost Canvas trailers and OAV 1-2 in screener version, i don't like the soundtrack (the one who make D.Gray-man soundtrack).
It's not bad, but not as good as the original (Yokohama) in my point of view.

There were character popularity poll in 2007 but today, I don't know. Too bad ^^.
In 2007, Albafica was the first! (Of course!! He's the best! It's my nickname ).

http://tsubasanews.free.fr/lost_canvas/popularite/

Old 2009-06-27, 18:48   Link #55
solarknight123

Just read ch. 104 and now I'm wonder..
Spoiler for 104:

I just saw the first episode of the lost canvas ova and I must say it does look pretty good. Too bad it can't just be an anime series so we could see more episodes quickly instead of waiting months for 1 or 2 episodes to appear.
Old 2009-06-29, 14:06   Link #56
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I don't want to spoil you! So I will not speak about chapter 104!

About OAV of Lost Canvas, yes too bad it's not an episode/week but the quality would be not the same. Look at animation, landscapes of Lost Canvas! I think you couldn't do that if it's a TV serie.

I want to see Albafica!!
Old 2009-07-01, 16:39   Link #57
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I don't want to spoil you! So I will not speak about chapter 104!

About OAV of Lost Canvas, yes too bad it's not an episode/week but the quality would be not the same. Look at animation, landscapes of Lost Canvas! I think you couldn't do that if it's a TV serie.

I want to see Albafica!!
Yeah, lesser animation quality would be a price to pay for Lost Canvas to be a regular amine series with weekly episodes. Yet I can't even imagine how many years will pass before the entire Lost Canvas series is animated. They started animating the Hades saga in 2002 and finished in 2007 and that was a saga.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:40   Link #58
Used Can

It takes years to make good wine.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-01, 21:32   Link #59
solarknight123

Just saw the 2nd ep. of Lost Canvas, and I must say i really enjoyed it. Wonder when the 3rd episode is coming out.
Old 2009-07-02, 13:35   Link #60
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Toei unanimation...

It seems 3rd OAV will be out in August!

About Lost Canvas manga/scan, I'm very impatient about these moment in anime (images spoilers):

Spoiler:

And the best of best (Eaque is so cool *___*):

Spoiler:

I love the chapter 139, with beautiful art!

Spoiler:

Tags
shounen