Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-06, 13:55   Link #101
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
finally the manga is kicking back into high gear, still I'm dying to see some crazy ishin + vaizard arrancar stomp which really needs to happen.
You may need to wait for the ongoing fights to end. Of course, I am assuming Aizen has something else ready for the fight. Otherwise, if the remaining Espadas lose, with Vizards and Ishhin-Urahara-Yoruichi, it will become a quite unbalanced fight. To remove that unbalance, I am leaning towards Aizen having become a much stronger ex-shinigami/vizard, even above the old man and the others.
Old 2009-02-06, 14:04   Link #102
maverickudo
Duwah!

Send a message via AIM to maverickudo
as far as i remembered it being explained for the lines on the mask. it's every time the mask breaks during battle or cut down when he's fighting. like each line comes from every time he gets over powered with his mask on. so every time he pulls out the mask freshly baked..it's got lines. because during his "training" he always unveiled the mask with the same amount of lines on it. but whoever here noticed how most hollow masks are white....good observation cuz i had not noticed that until this last chapter when his mask accumulated more lines...nearly covering it dark. so who knows maybe this is a vizard/hollow evolution never achieved?

but i can't wait for Ulqu. release next week. 'bout damn time. but that's a cute notion how he claimed above 4 they gotta be outside. and he's on front of the moon :3 i dunno..it got better so far.
Old 2009-02-06, 14:10   Link #103
Langus
Optimus Prime

I think it's fitting this chapter is called "The Pride" since pride always comes before the fall. The question is, whose pride is it and who is going to be the one to fall? Ichigo? Ulq? Ishida? It's all up in the air. Finally! An interesting chapter. Can't wait for next week
Old 2009-02-06, 14:25   Link #104
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Currently, the one with the highest level of pride is Ulquirra. Since he was forced to leave the scene to release his powers. I don't consider Ichigo that way, since he has done that a lot of times already against many opponents. In his case, it is more like stubbornness. For Ishida, can you consider receiving help from the one who is responsible for his people's and his grandfather's death as a fall of pride? Hard to say. And even though it is possible, why now, since that process has been going on since the Szayel fight...
Old 2009-02-06, 14:30   Link #105
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I thought it was a reference to the never dying "Pride of the quincy" but that would probably sound too old,huh...
Old 2009-02-06, 15:13   Link #106
Alchemist007
*Author

I bet $20 that his ass is a snake release.
Old 2009-02-06, 15:55   Link #107
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You're on, Sun-sun already had a snake release!
I think Ulquiorra is gonna be "special", in that his release will be more shinigami-like and not assume the form of some animal like the rest of them, confirming Ichigo's assumption two chapters back.
Old 2009-02-06, 16:03   Link #108
Calca
Expressionless

I always figured Ulqs release would have something to do with eyes or sight but Zommari kind of already has that.
Old 2009-02-06, 16:17   Link #109
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Credits : Zabuza2k

Quote:
Personally though I would have preferred the eye in the usual hollow color or red

Variations : here
Old 2009-02-06, 16:21   Link #110
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
You're on, Sun-sun already had a snake release!
I think Ulquiorra is gonna be "special", in that his release will be more shinigami-like and not assume the form of some animal like the rest of them, confirming Ichigo's assumption two chapters back.
Alright, a cobra! Special enough? (his headpiece kinda reminds me of one) Or maybe I'm thinking boa...
Old 2009-02-06, 16:40   Link #111
Kafriel
Senior Guest

All we can do is speculate for now, and KT has already used most animals that are worth mentioning, except bats,spiders and bears...but I'd expect Yammy to be the bear type...and I just can't imagine Ulquiorra in any kind of animal form. Why must you torture me so,KT!
Old 2009-02-06, 16:50   Link #112
Alchemist007
*Author

pharaoh? He reminds me of pyramids.
Old 2009-02-06, 16:51   Link #113
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

For the next chapter I think that KT will have Ulquiorra reiterate his release and show a shocked, maybe even excited, face on Ichigo, but not show his form. Then it will be redirected at Ishida and Orihime, who have gone to fight Yami. Well, Ishida will fight Yami; Orihime will just stand there and probably do nothing... again. I also have the feeling that Yami's going to release quite fast, porbably during the next chapter.

As for Ulquiorra's release, I came up with the idea of a cheetah, though Grimmjow has already claimed the cat spot. In appearance, he’s very similar to a cheetah, well; they both have the lines coming down their faces, and at the same time they are very fast and kill with precision. I’m still not bought on the fact Ulquiorra could be a VL, but he probably is. If he is a VL then I highly doubt that his release will have any animal reference to it.

*This is a little off topic, but at the same time not*

Does anyone else think that Wonderweiss could be guarding the Hōgyoku? It may be that I’ve been sick for a week, but that idea just popped into my head. Though, I really doubt that Aizen would have Wonderweiss guard something that important, unless of course, it's a fake and Aizen has the real one in his pocket or something. It’s not like Wonderweiss is the sharpest tool in the shed.

Getting to my point, it’s very likely that after defeating Yami, Ishida and Orihime will go and try to destroy the Hōgyoku and I doubt Aizen would just leave out in the open, unless he has something up his sleeve. Which he usually does.
Old 2009-02-06, 16:52   Link #114
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

In one of the Bleach Games Shinji is associated with Pharaoh Pyramids etc. More to do with his mask looking Egyptian.

EDIT :

Quote:
video games depict him being able to split the cero blasts into a pyramid shaped attack.
Old 2009-02-06, 18:09   Link #115
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
except bats,spiders and bears...
...Oh my!

Yeah, as far as predators go, a lot of the most recognizable ones have been already used. Still, to my knowledge there hasn't been a canine release such as a wolf or fox yet, though neither of those really seems to fit Ulq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
As for Ulquiorra's release, I came up with the idea of a cheetah, though Grimmjow has already claimed the cat spot. In appearance, he’s very similar to a cheetah, well; they both have the lines coming down their faces, and at the same time they are very fast and kill with precision. I’m still not bought on the fact Ulquiorra could be a VL, but he probably is. If he is a VL then I highly doubt that his release will have any animal reference to it.
Grimm, Jio Vega and Mila Rose all had cat-themes (panther, tiger and lion respectively). Grimm's was the most feline-like though. With the lines under the eyes and his small form though, I agree cheetah form would suit Ulq well (though I have a hard time imagining the spots) but I'm with HassenSekkai in the opinion that Ulq's release might not be animal-based. Dol Doni, Luppi, Rudubon, Edorad, Zomari and Coolhorn's releases weren't based on any animal. I'm waiting to see how creative Kubo gets here. Hopefully not as creative as he got with Zomari.

Quote:
Does anyone else think that Wonderweiss could be guarding the Hōgyoku? It may be that I’ve been sick for a week, but that idea just popped into my head. Though, I really doubt that Aizen would have Wonderweiss guard something that important, unless of course, it's a fake and Aizen has the real one in his pocket or something. It’s not like Wonderweiss is the sharpest tool in the shed.
Could be. Though I think it's more likely he's just wandering around doing what he wants or staying put wherever Tousen usually hangs out. Seems like he gets distracted too easily to guard anything.

Old 2009-02-06, 18:24   Link #116
ZolfKimbley.BG
Explode!

In the translated manga I read that Ulquiorra's release command was 'bind'. Personally, I think that there is a great difference between 'lock' and 'bind'. And ask for his resureccion, it might probably do something with his eyes. Remember how he said that his eyes could see everything and that was the way he fought? Somehow, I imagine him turning into something like a basilisk or a gorgon, even though this doesn't have much of a logical connection to his release command.

By the way, what will happen to Loly and Menoly? Knowing what a goody-goody two-shoes Orihime is, she'll rush in to heal/revive them, even though those ungrateful b****es tried to kill her.
Old 2009-02-06, 18:36   Link #117
Lelite

If it's a snake, like a python, both "lock" and "bind" kind of make sense. But, who cares, anyways. Same old, same old. Arrancar releases are getting old, no matter how creative they are.

By the way, the thing about 4+ not being allowed to release inside the dome has nothing to do with whether they're VL or not. I remember Halibel making some comment about Grimmjow being a fool using too much power within Las Noches because it distorts space or something, it might be that the top four are strong enough to distort it a bit too much. I mean they SHOULD get somewhat stronger as they go along.

Top may be VL though, considering how Aizen carted them out to fight the entire SS + the Vaizards + the Rogues (I'm certain Aizen is intelligent enough to figure they'd all be coming)

Oh and by the way, about the mask.... It's only getting expanding lines on one side. Which means, that by the time it's done, it'll be a half white, half black mask. Representing something? (Ichigo's two sides, Zangetsu and Hichigo?)
Old 2009-02-06, 18:47   Link #118
Zek
Eyebrows...

Why is this series so incredibly inconsistent when it comes to the shinigami ability to walk on air? Is there any reason good why Yammi would actually fall?
Old 2009-02-06, 19:03   Link #119
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Why is this series so incredibly inconsistent when it comes to the shinigami ability to walk on air? Is there any reason good why Yammi would actually fall?
Well if you look at it, when the people "Fly", they're not falling. When they fall....they fall. When do people "fly"? When they're outside doing shunpo and eventually flying/stepping on air.
Old 2009-02-06, 19:37   Link #120
SeanQ

Can someone explain to me how Yammi will die from falling, I mean people get knocked from the sky to the ground and don't die...is he going to die from falling in a building? Can't he like use sonita or w/e and come back up right away?
________
milf Cams

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:34.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion