AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-05-16, 00:42   Link #21
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Lexander: So for all the people doing itachi cosplay's around the world and nobody has the pattern to the cloud online?? Eek.

sarcasteak: Where can I get one of the hats? I kinda figured that's what it was, but I'm having trouble finding a place where I can buy it.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 01:06   Link #22
Eshu
Junior Ninja

For the hat you'd have an easier time finding the technique to make it online then accually finding one that isn't a novelty pen-top in the U.S. of us.

For the cloak, the pattern isn't super-hard, i'd just make my own. However the multiple online cosplay sites often have links to specalty stores that will make you the outfit or parts of it. you'd be doing well to buy it online.
Eshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 01:53   Link #23
Ishida

I remember looking for one of those hats awhile back. This is one of the few websites that I found where you could buy them, but they have a bamboo rim.

http://asianideas.com/bamboohats.html

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. How can you be 80% done if all you have is a black cloak?

Last edited by Ishida; 2004-05-16 at 03:14.
Ishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 02:26   Link #24
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

Here's an idea for the cloud pattern, take a screenshot of itachi's outfit, print it out, go to kinkos or your favorite copyshop and have them blow it up to whatever size you need(if you printer can't print out a large enough design.) Cut out the design and trace it onto your fabric.
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 04:38   Link #25
FireIce Productions

Question Please Help!!!

I really wanted to dress up as Asuma for the Anime Expo this year... are there any sites that sell his costume, or show how to make it?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by xris; 2004-05-16 at 04:52. Reason: Merged into existing "Naruto Cosplay Help" thread
FireIce Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 09:04   Link #26
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishida
Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. How can you be 80% done if all you have is a black cloak?
Easy answer. Because there's a lot more to the outfit than just the cloak. On top of that my design is based off of UglyPigs drawing of Itachi, so it's a bit more excentric than the one in the manga. Plus I think it looks cooler.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 10:16   Link #27
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Easy answer. Because there's a lot more to the outfit than just the cloak. On top of that my design is based off of UglyPigs drawing of Itachi, so it's a bit more excentric than the one in the manga. Plus I think it looks cooler.
Variations are often fun. I know a lot of JP cosplayers that do some rather colorful ANBU versions of characters. I've heard a lot of good things about UglyPig's artwork. Is there a gallery online anywhere?

If you're going to use fabric paint, make some stencils. Your edges will come out clean and photograph well(if that's a concern to you.) You may have to use 2 layers just to make sure. When you *do* use it, be sure to put some kind of backing on it so it doesn't bleed through.
Riese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 17:09   Link #28
SkyeHeart

Japanese Boys' School Uniform Cosplay Outfit

I came across these really cool outfits on Ebay and thought everyone would like to see them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Perfect for cosplaying. ^_^

-SkyeHeart
SkyeHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 18:13   Link #29
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Me think that's kinda rip off. It's a $150 school uniform. When you can actually get it much cheaper, school uniform is quite common in Japan. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 20:13   Link #30
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Yes, I could really see me wearing that for any occasion. I'd wear it to school, rock it to all the parties (chicks dig guys in uniforms, especially Japanese school boy ones), roll pimpdaddy-style to work. It would be the awesomeness. If it's flame retardant, I could use it as a racing suit too and be super awesome like Keiichi Tsuschiya.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 00:21   Link #31
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i can't be 100% positive but i'm pretty sure clothing stores across japan sell school uniforms at least a little bit cheaper than 150 bucks (though, in the long run, if it's made nice like a business suit...)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 00:42   Link #32
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
i can't be 100% positive but i'm pretty sure clothing stores across japan sell school uniforms at least a little bit cheaper than 150 bucks (though, in the long run, if it's made nice like a business suit...)
You'll all be surprised to know that school uniforms are expensive in Japan. This is what I paid for my high school uniform back then:

Winter uniform:
Blazer Jacket - 17,000 yen
Slacks - 9,400 yen
Tie - 990 yen
School shoes - 900 yen

Physical Education:
PE uniform: 7,000 yen
Ground shoes: 3,500 yen
Gym shoes: 3,500 yen
Swimwear: 1,300 yen
PE shorts: 1,800 yen

Summer uniform:
School shirt: 2,000 yen
Slacks: 7,000 yen

TOTAL: 50,890 yen (approx. USD$463)

As for these clothings, each school have their own unique design, so you have to buy accordingly to the school you attend. You go to the nearest department store, tell them your high school and present your school ID, and they'll give you what you need.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 01:29   Link #33
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
You'll all be surprised to know that school uniforms are expensive in Japan. This is what I paid for my high school uniform back then:

Winter uniform:
Slacks - 9,400 yen
Tie - 990 yen
School shoes - 900 yen

Physical Education:

Summer uniform:

As for these clothings, each school have their own unique design, so you have to buy accordingly to the school you attend. You go to the nearest department store, tell them your high school and present your school ID, and they'll give you what you need.
...that's about the same (when you factor in economic/standard of living differences) that i have to pay for a tuxedo for a prom date O_O
i guess they are made pretty well, though the gym clothes seem strikingly similar in price to their American counterparts (yes, here in the states we have to wear PE uniforms too, my school's are black shorts with a grey-ish T-shirt...usually the boys buy the shorts really baggy...total comes to about $20-30 (i honestly forget, it's been about a year since i bought a set)) one difference though: at my school, we don't have swimwear...because we don't swim...cuz there's no pool....for god knows what reason....(a school-wide legend invented to tease freshmen is that there's a pool on top of the gym, some guys even took a picture of the roof and photoshopped on a pool and printed it in the school paper...heh)
guess i was wrong about the price ^_^;
hm, if i had $150 bucks i might actually buy one of those for a convention...naaaah, the only really unique part is the jacket (and maybe shoes...nah) anyway
Old 2004-06-09, 01:38   Link #34
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:

Winter uniform:
Slacks - 9,400 yen
Tie - 990 yen
School shoes - 900 yen

Physical Education:

Summer uniform:

omg...thats Blood sucking and neck slashing!! During my time is just around:

Shirts: RM25
Pants: RM40
Sports wear: RM 21 (Whole set)
Shoe: RM45 (Well this depands on urself...u can wear branded if u want as long as it's white...but i just wear a plain Yonex will do haha ^^)

Thus, overall is only around RM131...>_< man is really expansive...poor Japanese... well you got alot of different clothing for different occasions huh?

Quote:
Gee~ I'm jealous...how nice, My place here all the Schooling Folks wear the similar Attire for the entire Country. And there's not such things as "Different school different design" The only different thing that u can see from us student is the BADGE ~_~"

In Malaysia the Uniform goes like this:
Primary School:
Dark Blue Short pants or Long pants, can considered as Slack also la~
White Shirts

Lower Secondary:
Short Green Pants (Long ones + Tie is for the School EXCO members like Monitors and etc)
White Shirts

Higher Secondary:
Long Green Pants (White Pants and Black+Tie shoe for EXCOs)
White Shirts

Upper Educations (A levels)
Long Green Pants (White Pants and Black shoe for EXCOs)
White Shirts
Special Desing Badge
Tie

Shoe: everyone must wear White shoes accept for the EXCOs

As you can see... there's not much differences... I'm Currently in the Upper Educations level where you can wear a special designed Steel, silver plating Badge & mayb that's the only thing you can show off as a Uppernarian...>_<
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 01:43   Link #35
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
The one i mention above is only for guys...while for the girls is slightly more design... there's around 4 types of Uniform for the girls to choose...unlike guys wear there's no choice at all...not fair...

To: Yogo_Pogo
See yogo pogo..as i mention earlier in other thread that Girls got special priority where guys dun hav...how nice...so cheer up <(~_~)>
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 08:31   Link #36
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:

Winter uniform:
Slacks - 9,400 yen
Tie - 990 yen
School shoes - 900 yen

Physical Education:

Summer uniform:

It's really different when you spend that much money for a school uniform you gona wear for the next year or three, everyday. You better get the best quality one even if it's expensive. You have to make sure it last and take good care of it. ^^

But for cosplay, I don't know if you want to spend that much money for something that you probably use once or twice in a convention. And it's really not that cool to walk around in school uniform in the street, specially if you don't look like a student at all (外国人 ). ^^;;
Old 2004-06-09, 09:05   Link #37
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
It's really different when you spend that much money for a school uniform you gona wear for the next year or three, everyday. You better get the best quality one even if it's expensive. You have to make sure it last and take good care of it. ^^

But for cosplay, I don't know if you want to spend that much money for something that you probably use once or twice in a convention. And it's really not that cool to walk around in school uniform in the street, specially if you don't look like a student at all (外国人 ). ^^;;
again i'm not sure, but i'd think it'd make sense to buy at least 2 uniforms for school "just in case"
after all, we're not anime characters, if something gets dirty, it has to be cleaned ^_^
and i sincerely doubt anyone in their right mind would wear a japanese school uniform as everyday apparel (well, except for the pants...y'know pants are pretty generic) in the U.S.
(BTW when i refer to "school uniform" in this post i'm talking about the one in the auction in this instance)
Old 2004-06-09, 09:47   Link #38
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Yes when I were in High school I keep 2 sets of uniform just in case. ^^

Also check out the other school uniform that being auction there in e-bay and compare prices. I can understand if $150 is for some fancy custom design anime dress or suit. But a generic school uniform. ^^;;
Old 2004-06-09, 10:39   Link #39
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
That's what I love about being a european... They don't force you to buy something you don't even want.

my school "uniform" used to be

- jeans @ fl 20,-
- shirt @ fl 5,-
- shoes @ fl 50,-
- socks and underwear @ fl10,-

there!! fl 85,- which is an obsolete currence since we have euro's now.. but it's worth about 40 Dollars

yay for cheap clothes
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 14:04   Link #40
bunnykun
What is, what is?

btw shinobu_maehara where is ur avatar and sig from? series?
THx in adavance
bunnykun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay