AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-09-06, 02:17   Link #61
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

May Wong was suitably annoying as a primadonna- not evil

I'd suggest the trio of militant Saber dolls from Saber Marrionette. One of the Infurita variants from El-Hazard would look good as well.

Need costume ideas and more characters I'd suggest the CG Shrines

http://ironmouse.za.org.nyud.net:809.../index.html?nf

Has a 18+ section so children keep out
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 13:51   Link #62
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru27Umi
Which one is Kariya Yukie, i just can't picture her for some reason!
She's the miltary officer who is currently conspiring against the CO and keeps 'creatively interpreting' her orders. Her rebellion against the project has got to be the worst-kept secret on that island.

Kurau's Ayaka Steiger is the character at the bottom of this page.
Nadesico's Erina Won is the third character from the left in the group shot at the top of this page. Unfortunately, that's the closest to a body shot I could find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
May Wong was suitably annoying as a primadonna- not evil
True enough. I was just going through a mental list and pulling any show that had a female antagonist, 'evil' wasn't really a factor. If you go off of just the first few episodes of Kaleido Star, Layla Hamilton might qualify as well.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 19:40   Link #63
safaia

Location: In Fruits Basket surronded by all my Fruits Basket pals...Yuki, Tohru, Kyo.....
Send a message via AIM to safaia
I want to find out where you can get a shirt like:
that. I need the little over thingy and the undershirt. I have the skirt and socks already, but the top is very hard to find. Meh on me not going to Japan over vacation.
safaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 23:32   Link #64
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
If you go off of just the first few episodes of Kaleido Star, Layla Hamilton might qualify as well.
She does have high standards to keep [cannot suffer fools and Sora is a pretty big one anyway ] and is perhaps the best assembled GONZO girl thus far. She may also be the most difficult to cosplay because of it- won't do the girl any justice if you don't have the body to match. Of her costumes, her Arabian nights and
Spoiler:
are my favourites. Been looking for a wallscroll of the former [no luck ] and the hot for the latter being a bad@$$ bodysuit complete with wicked looking grappling hook.

Alternative ladies of crime and destruction: I suppose Konomimi's Hikari, Nyuu/Lucy from Elfen Lied, BGC's Galatea and the twin catgirls from Escaflowne [Eriya/Narya] should make the cut as well .

Edit: I know, go as Mint Blamanche of Galaxy Angel's fame She's greedy, possessive, sly and can be the epitome of the arrant rich girl stereotype. She also has a closetfull of wierd costumes so picking one and using it is rather easy Thing is, the new girl in season4 is a way greater force of evil than this one...
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 00:14   Link #65
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru27Umi
Wow, thanks so much Burner of Anime and hooliganj for such awesome suggestions, i'll look into Ayaka Steiger from Kurau and Mint Blamanche from Galaxy Angel!
Kaoru27Umi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 00:32   Link #66
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Jabara from Wolf's Rain if you REALLY wanna go out (it's a suit of frickin' armor)
and no matter what your body type, there's an RE: cutey honey villain for you (i HOPE you don't have Gold Claw's body type, though)
a zombie nurse from Soul Taker is a good choice, as would be runa (although, if you went as her "adult" form you'd very likely get kicked out...look it up to see why, i can't post pictures or i might get banned, or they'd be remove, probably the latter) so i'd stick with her "female soultaker" or "child" or even one of her flickers (Azusa, Megumi, and two others...forgot their names) come to think of it, SoulTaker has a lot of female villains)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 23:27   Link #67
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
Hmm i wonder what you will work on next dood, hope next year this thread becomes more original with cosplay. ^^ (no offensee picture posterss)

One day for shure, i will do the same, maybe i outta plan now ahahah and i probably could make it alive to see an early october 05 i hope. (thats if i have some money to spare...oh yea and a lot of patience)
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 23:51   Link #68
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, that's just it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've got several I'd like to try, but I'm unsure of which one to do. Actually, I've got about 7 I'd like to do, but here's two for certiain that's on that list.

I'm leaning kinda heavily towards the second one of these two. I'll have to round up pictures of the other 5 I'm considering so you can see them.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 23:55   Link #69
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Lord Raiden... your Itachi costume is pretty nice.... and about the Scrapped Princess costume.... it seems to me that both Shannon and Chris are wearing the same exact thing except for the colors and the weapons.... i would go with the purple...
Old 2004-12-09, 00:59   Link #70
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
sweett... i could run a debate sequence bout now, BLue!..^^.. j/k haha, good themes though, i really like the blue one. Thinking of my cosplay rendition, i'm still hoping to do samounosuke's cosplay from Capcom's Onimusha ..phew, will i ever.
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 23:59   Link #71
Kiomi

Cosplay help? ;-;

Er yeah thats a kinda weird post to put here. But actually i find people here really kind and they give great advice. (even tho most members here are guys.....dont think men like sewing? T-T?)

I am going to be cosplaying Yuki from Haruhi Suzumiya.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...65286410sd.jpg

And I really need some pointers, Ive havn't sewn any sort of material sense the 6th grade, But My friend knows how. My mother also knows how to also, so I'm going to ask them to teach me.
I have a really big problem tho... sense its my first time I KNOW I will mess up.

Anyone have any pointers for:
Measuring
Patterns
fabric
sewing in general.

Ive browsed the net for other forums, and sites that might help me and it sounds really hard ><

Um I was thinking about using the pattern for this skirt http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...oke/outfit.jpg

and taking out the middle fold, becuase im a perfectionist freak and i want it to be at least close to yuki's uniform. Think it will work? I dont know >< I could raise the skirt up towards my chest so it looks shorter maybe?

I asked in the Haruhi thread and they said expensive cosplayers pay somone to do it for them, but im not rich so v.v
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...haruhi18sh.jpg

haha thanks for the help, if you can xD

Last edited by Kiomi; 2006-06-24 at 00:41.
Kiomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 05:52   Link #72
saznami

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JW-
No, why the heck should we? Cosplay is the utter geekishness in the already geek labeled genre of anime.
Just my humble thoughts.
That wasn't really very nice of you.
saznami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 16:53   Link #73
Lighthawk20

Location: I live in the Usa in south Cail Burbank if you know where that is
Send a message via AIM to Lighthawk20 Send a message via MSN to Lighthawk20 Send a message via Yahoo to Lighthawk20
I am Makeing a Vampire Outfit

I am makeing a Vampire outfit and i need to know what alucard hat is called just that type
Lighthawk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 20:37   Link #74
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Wow, never heard of that kind of hat, so I don't know what to tell you, sorry.

On a side note, can anyone suggest any anime charecters that someone who is a bit heavyset could cosplay as and look good? There's too many skinny charecters in anime that I can't cosplay because of my rather rotund features. Chogie from Naruto is out of the question for now, but if there are others, I'm interesting in knowing. THanks.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 02:36   Link #75
hitachhin
that guy.....

Location: toowoomba but i'm moving to brizzy soon (thank god)
Send a message via MSN to hitachhin
Ouran High Shcool Host Club Group

ok first is this an australian or american forum?!?!? if it's australian i'm starting an ouran high shcool host club cosplay group for supanova brisbane next year and i'm welcoming anyone to join. we already have a haruhi, hikaru and maybe a tamaki ^^ anyway input would be good
hitachhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 03:35   Link #76
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
aww, I live in NSW . I havent seen Ouran High School Host Club but I have it ready
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 03:38   Link #77
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

This is an international forum.

Anyway, I know somebody in Brisbane who had mentioned something about cosplaying at Supanova, hmm...
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 12:51   Link #78
Numinous_Pulchritude
...take my breath away...

I need cosplay help. Been trying to find someone to make me a costume. However, since I only found one picture of the "character" I want. So if anyone could find more of Hinata, or so I think it is. Thanks. Take a look!

Also, this is my first time cosplaying so if anyone has any other suggestions on whom I should be let me know. Here's what I look like.

Hopefully I am posting in the right section and am not making the Mods angry again. HAHA ^_^;;;
Numinous_Pulchritude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 20:58   Link #79
Susi~no~Sade
Chibi loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous_Pulchritude View Post
I need cosplay help. Been trying to find someone to make me a costume. However, since I only found one picture of the "character" I want. So if anyone could find more of Hinata, or so I think it is. Thanks. Take a look!

Also, this is my first time cosplaying so if anyone has any other suggestions on whom I should be let me know. Here's what I look like.

Hopefully I am posting in the right section and am not making the Mods angry again. HAHA ^_^;;;
Wow, you're pretty Let's see, you could make a good Mana from Mahou Sensei Negima. You could also try Soi Fon(sp?) or Yoruichi from Bleach
Susi~no~Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 21:47   Link #80
Numinous_Pulchritude
...take my breath away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susi~no~Sade View Post
Wow, you're pretty Let's see, you could make a good Mana from Mahou Sensei Negima. You could also try Soi Fon(sp?) or Yoruichi from Bleach
Awww thankies! Hmm... Mana from Negima would be fun.. cosplaying her would be super easy! HEHE
Numinous_Pulchritude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay