AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-14, 17:28   Link #4921
omega253

Hey, I need to have a question answered.

What demon symbolizes/is the incarnation of the concept of destruction?

I'd prefer a demon from Christianity, if that's possible.

I need it for my story, To Ascend.
Old 2013-09-14, 17:45   Link #4922
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Hey, I need to have a question answered.

What demon symbolizes/is the incarnation of the concept of destruction?

I'd prefer a demon from Christianity, if that's possible.

I need it for my story, To Ascend.
Personally, I don't like demonology (or angeology for that matter) because it's just a load of bullcrap with next to no basis in the Bible someone added to make their ''magic'' look ''cool''.

*ahem* That aside...

By looking at the Ars Goetia article on Wikipedia, those guys came up:

Quote:
Count Räum, a Great Earl of Hell, ruling thirty legions of demons. He is depicted as a crow which adopts human form at the request of the conjurer.

Raum steals treasures out of kings' houses, carrying them where he wishes, and destroys cities and dignities of men (he is said to have great dispraise for dignities). Raum can also tell things past, present and future, reconcile friends and foes, and invoke love.
Quote:
Duke Flauros is a strong Great Duke of Hell, having thirty-six (twenty according to Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) legions of demons under his rule.

He gives true answers of all things past, present and future, but he must be first commanded to enter a magic triangle for if not he will lie, deceive the conjurer, and beguile him in other business. But if he enters the triangle he will answer truly, and gladly speak about divinity, the creation of the world, himself, and other fallen angels. He can also destroy all the conjurer's enemies by burning them up. If the magician requests it, he will not suffer temptations from any spirit or in any form.

Commonly people represent him as a humanoid leopard with big claws. Flauros is depicted as a terrible and strong leopard that under request of the conjurer changes into a man with fiery eyes and an awful expression.

Flauros can also supposedly be called upon when a mortal wishes to take vengeance on other demons. This is likely included in his capability to destroy the conjurer's enemies.
Quote:
King/Count Viné is an Earl and also a King of Hell, commanding 36 legions of demons. He can tell present, past and future, discover witches and hidden things, create storms and make the water rough by means of them, and also bring down walls and build towers.

This demon is portrayed as a lion holding a snake in his hand and riding a black horse.

The etymology of his name seems to be the Latin word 'vinea', vine, that is also the name given to an ancient war machine made of wood and covered with leather and branches, used to overthrow walls.
None of them is the demon of destruction but, to a degree, some of their expertise lies in that.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 18:02   Link #4923
omega253

Hrmm..... Thank you for the information, but I've managed to make a bit of a connection between Baal and destruction.

Thank you for taking the time to try, though.
Old 2013-09-14, 19:15   Link #4924
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Well, the intro for my fanfic just need some tweaks then some beta-ing and feedback.

N-Not that I'm asking anyone in particular to volunteer. Hah hah hah...

*Lights up the Crack Signal in the night sky, calling forth CRS--Crack's Right Seat*

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:17   Link #4925
omega253

I think I know a person or two who would be delighted to volunteer for such an honorable task from the King of Crack.

*cough cough* SmokingFerret88 *cough cough*
Old 2013-09-14, 19:32   Link #4926
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Ferret's fic scares the shit out of me. They are a dyslexic's nightmare.

WORDS. WORDS. WORDS.

I read a couple of chapters, then had to stop because my eyes were fucking spraying blood all over my desk. When I'm feeling brave, I should catch up, it's really good.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2013-09-14, 19:38   Link #4927
omega253

Wouldn't he only be beta-reading your crack? And I doubt that his feedback would be as wordy as his story...

Althought I find myself scared at the sheer volume of words in Comrade Ferret's story, too. Now then, excuse me while I go whimper in a corner while I remember it.

*whimpering in a corner, muttering 'so many words' over and over again*

I don't think I can do it because I have my hands filled with my own story, To Ascend. Not to mention all the fic ideas in my head....
Old 2013-09-14, 21:01   Link #4928
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Jesus Christ, I just proofread it, tweaked what need to be tweaked, and...

I got chills man.

Though it's rather annoying because now there's a giant chicken hand sprouting from my right shoulder constantly...

Old 2013-09-14, 21:14   Link #4929
omega253

.... Is it that cracky?

Because if so, then post the thing, damn it!

And besides, if you have an extra hand, it means you can use it for stuff! Like writing more crack or feeding you some chips while you're watching TV!

Gotta be careful of the claws though.....
Old 2013-09-14, 21:25   Link #4930
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Oh, no, I need a second opinion on this. Perhaps I've gone insane.

Old 2013-09-14, 21:31   Link #4931
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Don't worry Kyon, usually, the chicken hand is unstable due to the Distortion of the Four Writings, and should dissipate in a few minutes.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:32   Link #4932
omega253

..... Oh dear. It seems like I've underestimated just how cracky you said it was....

I'm conflicted between asking to see the cracky story you wrote and just running away screaming at the top of my lungs.....
Old 2013-09-14, 22:52   Link #4933
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Thing is, it's actually one of the most subtle things I've ever written.

Old 2013-09-14, 23:07   Link #4934
omega253

Even more subtle than that fic you did about Suzushina Yuriko giving Touma chocolate for Valentine's Day?
Old 2013-09-14, 23:27   Link #4935
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

I need some advice on something; what do you think the odds of post WWIII Mugino going into a murderous rage on Index are? Before, I would have said it's around the high 70% range, but after seeing her talking with Last Order in NT, I think the chances are fairly more...optimistic. Maybe 45%? Lower? Higher?

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 23:39   Link #4936
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Even more subtle than that fic you did about Suzushina Yuriko giving Touma chocolate for Valentine's Day?
Actually, I guess I have to define what I mean by subtlety now. Hell, it's the right term for what I'm talking about. It's really about how the story, narration and jokes are driven: it's sooo much better and less forced that what I usually do.

Alright, shutting up now. Wouldn't want to blow my load over my newfound inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
I need some advice on something; what do you think the odds of post WWIII Mugino going into a murderous rage on Index are? Before, I would have said it's around the high 70% range, but after seeing her talking with Last Order in NT, I think the chances are fairly more...optimistic. Maybe 45%? Lower? Higher?
Depends on what Index does exactly. Ruining a perfect dessert might be enough to send her into a raving fit for a few minutes.

Old 2013-09-14, 23:39   Link #4937
omega253

Depends. Why is Mugino raging on Index in the first place?
Old 2013-09-14, 23:43   Link #4938
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Simply put, Index claimed to have some information that has struck Mugino's curiosity, but in order to get it out of her, Mugino needs to take her to a restaurant and feed Index (due to Kamijou-san's neglect [not really]). But rather than answering any questions, Index goes on babbling about how hungry she'd been and so on, and then the food comes and Index becomes focused on eating EVERYONE's food, including Mugino's when she isn't looking.

Plus, I get the feeling Mugino would just find Index's voice and speech pattern annoying. Just a feeling.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 23:55   Link #4939
omega253

So, Index's behavior in general would be pissing off Mugino?

I'd say that's about a high 20 to mid 30% if I know her personality well enough. But then again, you might have to consult the expert on this.

That is to say, we need Comrade Ferret for this.
Old 2013-09-15, 00:14   Link #4940
tsunade666

Omega!!! how dare you! )latest chapter of ascend) you put Seria but not Maria with her! THE SISTERS ARE A SET!!!!
Maria needs more love.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction