AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 19:35   Link #761
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Guys now in Youtube we have access to the full versions of the songs used in the games. The mixes are epic. Check the channel from these videos. Also, we need to make a poll involving favorite themes and bosses, what do you think?

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 20:17   Link #762
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Self, stop using your phone to read topics

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2013-02-19 at 21:09.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 20:24   Link #763
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

imho they cannot trash this game that well recived, because most of them cannot even find bugs on the full game, unlike DmC which almost every week there is a bug posted on youtube and in most cases of people that bought the game it freezes. Also bosses here in MGR have highly intelligent AI's. Don't move they come at you slowly then hit you.

Yep just got my copy. Now playing the hell out of it!
Old 2013-02-19, 20:38   Link #764
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

On another topic.

Man...even now they complain about the MGR manuals? Jeez...lots of trolls these day.
Old 2013-02-19, 20:49   Link #765
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb8 View Post
But at the same time you can't blame them. You had people doing the same thing with DmC, in light of the reviews. Many were proclaiming MGR like it's the best thing since slice bread and shoving it down people's throat as a result. This is without playing the whole game entirely.

Now that the game is out and the tables have turned, what do you expect to happen? A game should not be exempt from criticism just because of the studio behind it. Platinum games isn't infallible. I too hate what happened with DmC, but that shouldn't make me gloss over MGR's mistakes.

And while the fanbase might be idiots, they are supportive of the games they do like/have interest in (see fgc).
Reciprocity, in these circumstances, is never the answer. I'm not saying one side is completely innocent, but Capcom's fanbase as of late has gotten really bad and stupid.
Old 2013-02-19, 22:09   Link #766
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

@jb8 You're right concerning Metacritic. But I stand by my point on the grounds that (rational) users are just like you and me they'll give their thoughts on how they feel if a game was worth their money.

Like I said before, if you feel you got your enjoyment out of a game then good for you. The main reason I brought up DmC as an example was because I'm getting sick of the DmC fanboys trying knock another game down just to try and make them feel like the game they prefer is vastly superior. Sorry if it turned into a rant.
Old 2013-02-19, 22:23   Link #767
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Soooooo went out early this morning, arrived just before our EB Games opened.... to find a huuuuuuge line outside of it. Was kinda worried that maaaaybe I wouldn't get my copy of Rising today..... until I realized they were all there for Crysis 3. So, got my copy/Gray Fox/Fox Blade/Artbook.... and played about.... 3-4 hours into it?

Honestly, I DO hear ALOT of people complaining about the length.... doesn't really matter to me. From what I've played so far, I'm gonna have alot of hours of replay value just perfecting these missions. Oh.... and everyone's going on about Sundowner's theme and all.... personal favourite so far would be Monsoon's~

Old 2013-02-19, 22:29   Link #768
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So from what I could gather:

Quote:
Wooden Sword: Find all the Men in Boxes
Armor breaker: collect all ID chips (left arms)
Stun Blade: Find all data storage items
Machette: find 10 data storage items
Long Blade: 1st place in all VR missions
In addition, you only get the wigs after completing the game... Armor Breaker as well from what I heard...

I'm only worried whether you need to do so in one complete playthrough Cause I've been jumping chapters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Oh.... and everyone's going on about Sundowner's theme and all.... personal favourite so far would be Monsoon's~
Actually it's just me I like Monsoon's as well, but more for the instrumental than the vocals.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 23:35   Link #769
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't think anybody mentioned this yet-

Spoiler for before Monsoon battle, not plot related:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-19 at 23:45.
Old 2013-02-20, 08:39   Link #770
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Finally it reached my country and it is stupendously expensive. RM 279 for PS3 version. The retailers said that is the cheapest price they can offer. At least on the sticker on its box, it says it had some free disk-locked "DLCs".

I hate to make a comparison but Mass Effect trilogy cost at least RM 299 but with three different games in one box with some free(once not) DLCs each. God of War Saga(5 games) only cost RM 209.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 08:51   Link #771
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I tried to play on revengence as my first run. I got destroyed lol
Old 2013-02-20, 08:52   Link #772
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Finally it reached my country and it is stupendously expensive. RM 279 for PS3 version. The retailers said that is the cheapest price they can offer. At least on the sticker on its box, it says it had some free disk-locked "DLCs".

I hate to make a comparison but Mass Effect trilogy cost at least RM 299 but with three different games in one box with some free(once not) DLCs each. God of War Saga(5 games) only cost RM 209.

You realized that those are 'collection packs' of games several years old?
Old 2013-02-20, 08:56   Link #773
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You realized that those are 'collection packs' of games several years old?
At least it also came with several of them, which is a fair price for me. As for the game itself I would love to play it but not buying it. Too bad my country don't have a service which you can rent the games instead of buying them.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 09:10   Link #774
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've completed 5/20 of the VR missions and unlocked the Red (or rather 'orange') armor for Raiden.

The description indicated that it has a decrease in defense and it consumes energy faster, but it also absorbs energy faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I tried to play on revengence as my first run. I got destroyed lol
Lots of instant kills I would imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
At least it also came with several of them, which is a fair price for me. As for the game itself I would love to play it but not buying it. Too bad my country don't have a service which you can rent the games instead of buying them.
Yes, all you have to do is wait several years then maybe Rising would be as cheap.
Old 2013-02-20, 11:48   Link #775
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Ok got it today...

In a broken DVD-case, the Steelbook is missing and the Cyborg Ninja DLC code not working...
Despite this, the DVD itself works fine, now i'm torn between reporting & sending it back to my retailer or simple play it. :-/

Well, maybe thier are nice enough to send the steelbook... I won't need a new DVD-case then...
Old 2013-02-20, 12:27   Link #776
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send it back, Theres no excuse for what you got. I'd send it in and demand a refund AND the product.
Old 2013-02-20, 13:02   Link #777
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I filed a complain now, with everything that was wrong/missing/not working... now let's see how they react to my demands.

If they want it returned, heck, so be it. A few days not playing is not really a loss now.
Old 2013-02-20, 13:42   Link #778
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Good, hope it doesn't take too long. But yea, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over not being able to play for a few days. Hell I got my game from gamefly yesterday and I only played the first part up to blade wolf.
Old 2013-02-20, 17:15   Link #779
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

DLC codes will work on the 21st till the MGR shop is up on PSN/Xbox Live.
As for the other case, I guess send it back get a new item.

Hey guys having problems with Mitsurugi...err...Sam can you help any techniques I need to buy?
Old 2013-02-20, 18:05   Link #780
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hey guys having problems with Mitsurugi...err...Sam can you help any techniques I need to buy?
I'm not even there yet Sorry.

EDIT:

I know we've seen a ton of reviews by now, but I thought I'll share this one because it's quite entertaining

(Don't be fooled by the first part, he loves it )