AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-09, 05:14   Link #81
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Wasn't the 720p RAW broadcasted? If not, where did that come from?
Old 2009-06-09, 10:08   Link #82
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Wasn't the 720p RAW broadcasted? If not, where did that come from?
Broadcaster upscales.
Also, Studio Gong? Isn't that an audio production company?
Old 2009-06-09, 10:23   Link #83
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Broadcaster upscales.
Also, Studio Gong? Isn't that an audio production company?
Seems so, but it looks like they've taken on greener pastures.
Old 2009-06-09, 14:31   Link #84
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
When the site goes back up I'll flip through the book again and give you some idea of how they might do it.
Right, so, I flipped through the book a bit, looking for places to end the Sighs episodes on...

They could compress the Prologue and Chapters 1 and 2 together, and Chapters 3 and 4. They'd HAVE to end at least one episode on Chapter 4 anyway, it's too good of a cliffhanger-ish to not end on.

That leaves Chapter 5 and the Epilogue for one episode... they could probably move some of the content of Koizumi's long, drawn out monologues here to fill up time, I guess.

The epilogue coincides with the beginning of Live Alive, interestingly.
Old 2009-06-09, 15:23   Link #85
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Thought I'd give a heads up:

Haruhi Season 2 is in HD
I commented on the blog post as well, but there's more to the story. Everything Kyoto Animation has done from Kanon on has been produced in HD, even if it wasn't broadcast or released in that format. I'm thinking maybe they've just redefined the roles and the way they credit a bit.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:57   Link #86
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, so I wasn't going to watch the rebroadcast, much as I liked this show the first time through -- or really the first few times, since I watched each episode several times in 2006.

But then I saw the first new episode, ep8, and fell in love with this show all over again. I just watched episode one (as rebroadcast) and was totally bowled over. Here's a standard to judge a lot of other shows against: great drawing and animation, vivid colors, great voice-acting (especially Sugita Tomokazu as Kyon, but Hirano Aya, too), an interesting story, some psychological depth, good comedy, and a lot of jovial weirdness. The good wide-screen image doesn't hurt, either.

I was a big defender of the non-chronological way they showed the episodes the first time round. But this is great, too: a real straightforward introduction to this far from straightforward situation. Having just seen Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (ep8), I got a lovely shiver when Haruhi asked Kyon if she had met him before. That was buried in this ep1 for three years, until we saw how they met before in the new episode. Great stuff.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-06-10 at 11:34.
Old 2009-06-10, 04:32   Link #87
BASS in SPACE

I don't know where to post this after the splitting of threads, so if this is the wrong place, sorry mods. I have been keeping up with the threads on and off for about a year (more frequently recently of course) but cannot remember when this scene takes place chronologically, so the speculation that is all over the place in these threads doesn't really help me in terms of placing it. Can anyone tell me the likelihood of this scene/episode being animated?

Spoiler for novel:

Any help would be appreciated. It's been a looong time since I last read any of the novels, so yeah, sorry. If memory serves me correctly, this happened before both the Disappearance and Sighs arc, so I'm guessing it's not very likely huh...
Old 2009-06-10, 05:00   Link #88
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Very likely.

It is from volume 2, Sighs. Almost everyone agree that this book is going to be animated.

Anything that happened before Disappearance and/or Sighs is likely to be animated. They are going by chronological order and Disappearance is probably the main story this time. (Sighs happens before Disappearance, BTW)
Old 2009-06-10, 05:12   Link #89
BASS in SPACE

Ah, thanks for the help.
Old 2009-06-10, 18:24   Link #90
M.Marangio

The 10th episode (Lone Island Syndrome I) is streamed on Kadokawa's YouTube channel.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C86RzLHhmr4

ETA: The 11th episode, Lone Island Syndrome II, aired today in Japan (June 11, 24:40, i.e., June 12, 00:40).

The next episode should be a new episode if the chronological order is kept.

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-06-11 at 14:30. Reason: added 11th episode
Old 2009-06-11, 08:48   Link #91
Ace Paladin

I'm so excited. <333

I love this series.
Old 2009-06-11, 12:31   Link #92
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Did I really have to spell out, yet again, NO future event spoilers in this thread. This is the same rule that we have in all AnimeSuki threads except those especially marked, as it states in the Spoiler Policy. Asking a direct question (in spoiler tags) and giving a direct answer is okay (barely), but for discussion about the novels, please go to an appropriate thread. Not in the General Discussion thread for the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler Policy
Inappropriate spoilers are not welcome here at AnimeSuki Forums. A spoiler is anything that discloses an event, character, plot or other information before it is revealed within the specific work being discussed. Any post containing spoilers may be deleted in its entirety and an infraction will be issued to the poster. Repeated violations of this rule will lead to a ban.
Old 2009-06-11, 12:41   Link #93
Heatth

Couldn't you just edit the posts, puting then in the spoiler tag? Or move then? Is a pain just lose all discussion.

Well, sorry for that anyway.

So, all novel adaptation speculation should go there right? Regardless of being the "True Second Season" or the "Current Season".
Old 2009-06-11, 14:22   Link #94
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
This is a General Discussion thread. No spoilers allowed, as relentlessflame had just said two posts before yours...

*e* Disregard this, as the post it was in response to was deleted...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2009-06-11 at 15:10.
Old 2009-06-11, 14:45   Link #95
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Couldn't you just edit the posts, puting then in the spoiler tag? Or move then? Is a pain just lose all discussion.

Well, sorry for that anyway.

So, all novel adaptation speculation should go there right? Regardless of being the "True Second Season" or the "Current Season".
Apparently yes, unless it's strictly novel-related (ie: "What are the ramifications of when X happens in Volume 6?" as supposed to "How many episodes do you think they will give to X from Volume 6?"). The strictly novel-related should go in the novel forum, which is much more open since in the novels there are no more "future events" as-of-yet to be "spoiled" (at least until Volume 10 comes out), and thus only "current" info and unfounded speculation (which isn't spoilers).

My impression when this thread was started was that this was going to be a "15-28" discussion thread, including discussion of future "15-28" episodes, especially considering "discussion of future episodes" was what caused the formation of this thread, and its distinction from the "29+" thread, in the first place.

I guess not.

All that's left for this thread then is to be a home for "I love this series <333" posts, "X episode was just posted on YouTube" posts, and "When is the next new episode" posts. In other words, the same kind of crap you'll find on lesser series' "General Discussion" threads. Haruhi fans are (in general) a more inqusitive, cerebral group. So long, 2009 Relaunch thread... We hardly knew ye...

Onward to the "Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation" and Novel threads, then, fellow spoiler-immune speculative pilgrims. At least until they find a reason to kick us out again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Yes, could we also put *(Spoilers)* in the thread title since people are going to inevitibly(sp?) discuss spoilers?
Might I suggest that a *(Spoilers)* be added not to this thread, but to "Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation", for the reason Solachinx gives. It shouldn't be necessary, since the thread already has "Speculation" right in the title, and any speculation regarding the adaptation of a published novel series is by definition going to involve future events that for some may be considered spoilers, but it will avoid confusion.
Old 2009-06-11, 15:27   Link #96
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
In other words, the same kind of crap you'll find on lesser series' "General Discussion" threads. Haruhi fans are (in general) a more inqusitive, cerebral group.
As I'm sure you know, this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. The forum rules are the same everywhere on AnimeSuki. See the excerpt of the spoiler policy posted above. You're not somehow exempt just because you're supposedly "a more inqusitive[sic], cerebral group". People deserve a thread where they can discuss the new episodes without being subjected to a flurry of novel spoiler spam. And if people want to be spoiled on what happens, they can go to the appropriate thread just the same way you can. That way, everyone's happy.

You're more than welcome to contact any member of the forum staff if you have concerns or suggestions about the spoiler/on-topic policy, but in the meantime I would ask that everyone do their best to follow the rules we have.
Old 2009-06-11, 15:37   Link #97
Heatth

Don't need to be so harsh, quigonkenny.

I got the same impression, but I understand that a unawere passer-by that hadn't read the novels would be spoiled.

But, yeah, there a little to disscuss on that tread.

*e* I am stil upset that a entire page was just deleted. It's not possible bring them back? And move to the other tread, of course.

Oh, this thread is not exactaly to discuss the new episodes. Each new one will have their own tread. So this is fated to the "'I love this series <333', 'X episode was just posted on YouTube' and 'When is the next new episode'"
Old 2009-06-11, 16:21   Link #98
Solachinx
is a myth

*Note: not trying to sound smart, and if I do it's purly incidental* Oh, sorry. I thought you meant "no spoilers out of spoiler tags," not "no spoilers in general; tags or no tags." Sorry! ^^;
Old 2009-06-11, 23:07   Link #99
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You're not somehow exempt just because you're supposedly "a more inqusitive[sic], cerebral group". People deserve a thread where they can discuss the new episodes without being subjected to a flurry of novel spoiler spam.
Haha. Nice "[sic]". LOL

My main problem was that the way I understood it, the whole torpedoing of the "Second Season" thread was to make this the "15-28" speculation thread and the "Future...Speculation" thread would be the "29+" speculation thread, since those were the topics that the former thread was decommissioned because of. It is clear now that this thread is neither and the latter thread is now both (barring novel-only discussion). Whatever. Problem solved. We move on. ^_^

Now a question for the mods I have is "Do we have a 'no spoiler tags needed' thread for Haruhi?" As noted above, there is a higher level of discussion in this forum than say, the Bleach, or Naruto, or even Fullmetal forums, due to the more esoteric nature of the source material, and if nothing else, the fact that it attracts sci-fi nerds such as myself, who love to have long, drawn-out, spoiler-laden discussions about this and that without having to click a "show spoiler" button to see something that everyone in the discussion already is fully aware of (especially when the "show spoiler" button doesn't work on phone browsers). To see how dumb the alternative looks, please hop over and look at the "Future...Speculation" thread's current "discussion" of a certain scene's adaptation from Sigh. My assumption at this point is that spoilers in the Novel thread are kosher, since at this point, with the last novel having been "published" on the internet for nigh-on two years, there isn't anything Haruhi-related that is a spoiler to that thread's posters, but it is not specifically labelled as such.

If we don't currently have a "no spoiler tags needed" thread, please consider this my request for one. I'll even request it in the "requests for new threads" thread just to make it official—if needed. If we do already have a "no spoiler tags needed" thread, please rename it as such so we don't have to have this discussion again (adding a "contains spoilers" to the title, as someone suggested, should be enough of a deterrent to random noobs).
Old 2009-06-12, 00:16   Link #100
bayoab

Newtype's episode listing confirms we are getting >15 episodes.
Closed Thread

Tags
kadokawa, science fiction, shounen