AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-09, 07:33   Link #1181
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Regarding a soundtrack release, nothing up yet on the online stores.
The soundtrack will be released on March 24, 2010
Price: 3000 yen (+tax)
Catalogue number: SVWC-7681
JAN: 4534530035301

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7681

Spoiler for tracklist:

http://www.sorawoto.com/music/index.html
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:08   Link #1182
hai_san

Poor grandma wasting all her life waiting for the jerk who leaves her...

Will there be any "war" actions or will they all stay in this 1 town all the time? How many ep is the serie suppose to be? 12?
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:09   Link #1183
OrionCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Took a good hard look at the tank scene, Noel decided to load up the weapons before putting the legs together. Even the missile pods and smoke grenades.
My girl likes guns. Like ep 8, this had the feel of there being a "missing episode" in between 9 and this one. Suspect the other bonus episode fills in some details, like where they found the transfer gears for the tank and why Noel was loading weapons first.
OrionCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:49   Link #1184
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
My money is on something like Rio being in trouble, in combat or something, and in her last hour/time of despair, hears Amazing Grace in the distance, coming from a trumpet she recognizes immediately.
Or the peace talks fall through anyways, her family says screw it to the marriage, and she hauls ass with the royal guard and team of vector zeros.
Then AI JYOU YU JYOU
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 09:12   Link #1185
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Watched 9, and 10 finally both were pretty good at being slice of life for them I'd say both at 9/10 still though I hope the extra episodes do fill in some of the missing gaps.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 09:25   Link #1186
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
The soundtrack will be released on March 24, 2010
Price: 3000 yen (+tax)
Catalogue number: SVWC-7681
JAN: 4534530035301

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7681
I checked cdjapan yesterday and couldn't find anything. Either way, thanks for letting me know.
Old 2010-03-09, 09:43   Link #1187
ElizLestrad

Wow...just wow.

When Rio was standing in the tower playing Amazing Grace before her departure it reminded me of the scene where Iliya was standing in the rain playing the same song. They looked exactly the same and the whole thing made my skin crawl with a sense of utter forboding. I really hope Rio comes back and that they don't kill her off too (not that they killed Ilia off as she was already dead when the series started, but you get the idea).

As for the Tank, considering how much Noel sleeps I'm in awe at the amount of progress that she's made. Still if the time comes where they'll have to use it I just hope the whole teams back together again.

Awsome episode. It's so not fair that we have to wait another week for the next one.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 10:15   Link #1188
krko
The Movie is Coming

Notice that the narration of Madame's life was done entirely in third person (hence the narrator was definitely not her) but the narrator suddenly become introspective ("Now that I'm this old...") implies that one of the other characters in that scene was the narrator. (probably Kanata since she takes over the narration after a certain point).So its probably safe to say that Kanata will survive this anime.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:52   Link #1189
PastPrime

I watched the official preview for next week and, while I can't understand the dialog, it looks to me like they encounter someone from Nomansland. At least, after some initial conflict, it shows them talking to her and then goes into a closeup of Nomansland on the map.
http://www.sorawoto.com/theater/yokoku10.html
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 12:03   Link #1190
ReddyRedWolf

Well I feel an odd contrast between Kanata and Rio.

Kanata's parents would've rather have her married off and inherit the household but she joined the military. Seize and her home town being remote places she won't have to worry of a phone call from her folks to get married.

Rio on the other hand is more complex. She joined the military to get away from her father. In a twist of fate with her sister dead she is the only chance at peace. But at the expense of her own happiness. Being married off to be added to the enemy leader's wives as a sacrifice is a fate I don't want anybody to have.

Bet if any of Rio's admirers heard about it they'd rather have war than send their Fire Maiden as a sacrifice to the proverbial monster.

In the end with the entire country in danger Rio resigned to her fate to save it.

I have to say the archduke Akira has some gall to ask Rio of this. After years of neglect he wants her to sacrifice whatever small happiness she has. The people didn't like the Princess Illiya to married to the emperor what makes him think they would like his sole remaining child to such a person.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 14:01   Link #1191
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Notice that the narration of Madame's life was done entirely in third person (hence the narrator was definitely not her) but the narrator suddenly become introspective ("Now that I'm this old...") implies that one of the other characters in that scene was the narrator. (probably Kanata since she takes over the narration after a certain point).So its probably safe to say that Kanata will survive this anime.
I thought it was whatshername, Naomi talking... the glass shop lady.
Old 2010-03-09, 14:18   Link #1192
ReddyRedWolf

Now we know why Shuko the Owl stole the bell pendant in episode 1. Even the bird knew Illiya.

And Rio wanted to cook him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 17:07   Link #1193
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
So... A.P. 269. 270 years after big catastrophe... They still didn't gave us current year though - by "2 years after death" it could be anything from end of 270 to end of 272...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 19:19   Link #1194
Dop
Mmmm....

Ok, episode 10 was even better than episode 7 in my estimation.
They've set out a lot more now - with the news that Roman forces are on the move. They've dangled the carrot under our noses that the Takemikazuchi may soon be up and running again (we've seen what an operational Takemikazuchi can do in episode 7), and shown Rio finally deciding to accept her destiny, whatever that might be...

Then we had the poignant story of the old woman on the hill, showing us what an active and happening city Seize was back in the day, as well as a sense of mortality - even a bent over old woman was desirable in her youth.

But by far the most beautiful moment for me was when Rio was playing Amazing Grace on the trumpet, and suddenly Kanata joined in, playing the harmony perfectly on her bugle. That was quite wonderful.

Are there really only two more episodes? Are they going to leave us on a major cliffhanger expecting a season 2?

And I'm definitely going to buy the soundtrack.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 19:38   Link #1195
Eater of All
NOM

What a powerful episode. BGM tends to go in one ear and out the other for me, but like some fellow forumers it totally blew me away this episode. Especially at the part where Rio and Kanata were walking through the town; damn what'd I pay to visit that place.

Although I would've assumed Sora no Woto would pay a little more attention to its EDs after knowing how much Clannad screwed up big time with their's (no KyoAni, we don't forget ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad View Post
As for the Tank, considering how much Noel sleeps I'm in awe at the amount of progress that she's made. Still if the time comes where they'll have to use it I just hope the whole teams back together again.
She spends 18 hours per day on the tank and just generally sleeps through her screentime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I have to say the archduke Akira has some gall to ask Rio of this. After years of neglect he wants her to sacrifice whatever small happiness she has. The people didn't like the Princess Illiya to married to the emperor what makes him think they would like his sole remaining child to such a person.
I'm sure the archduke doesn't have much of a choice, since it's essentially between his daughter and his whole country. Still a pretty deplorable thing to do though, to be sure.
Old 2010-03-09, 20:08   Link #1196
Midonin
Last Engage

Ending sequences can't just be changed unless they're planned ahead of time. That the animation for them can be used again and again is one of the huge advantages they have. Sure, there are shows that make some minute changes (Sora no Manimani, Maria Holic) and some shows that have special one-time EDs, but those that change every time are small in number (only Sora no Otoshimono and Hanamaru come to mind) but even then, I'm not seeing what's so wrong with the ED. EDs are meant to be changed on a basis of cours, and this show only has one.

The lyrics are still fitting to the show, even now. Love, friendship, harmony, voices coming together. Those themes are always reinforced at the end of episodes. Even this week's. Perhaps this week's more than ever, with Kanata's monologue. The show may be set after a war, but it's still overall in the side of idealism and happiness, just with a bit of philosophizing in between.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 20:26   Link #1197
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

This was a very powerful episode...

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Rating: 9.4/10
Old 2010-03-09, 20:34   Link #1198
Gusatabu
Ganmen? Screw this!

Ep. 10. FINALLY a solid episode, and it sure delivered!

Frankly I was getting well tired of the odd, suggestive sexual undertones that's been snuck into the later episodes. If I wanted that I would watch Chu-Bra, not some slice -of-life drama, right? More of this, please.
Gusatabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 20:44   Link #1199
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusatabu View Post
If I wanted that I would watch Chu-Bra, not some slice -of-life drama, right?
Perhaps this show and that one are not as dissimilar as you think.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 20:55   Link #1200
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well not too bad. Rio is on her way though obviously things won't settle down so simply after this. They've been fixing this tank for the whole series it's going to go out and fight something .

Tags
comedy, drama, music, seinen, slice of life