Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-23, 11:32   Link #61
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

i think it would be an epic fail if kubo doesnt give halibel a flashback i mean killing her of just like that without any kind of details as to how she joined like the other two of the top three....
Old 2009-09-23, 11:32   Link #62
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Well, seems like Bleach has been one big filler ever since the Soul Society arc ended. Kubo should have just wrapped things up way back then, because now he's wayyyy past his prime. People can argue that the fans complain when Kubo drags it on for too long, and the fans complain when he actually tries to get he ball rolling; however, I for one was actually interested in where these fights were getting at (no matter how much they dragged on), and anyone with common sense can see that this abrupt end is pretty ridiculous. The top 3 Espada were the most hyped out of all the Espada, and they're the one with the most wasted potential. For the past however many years this arc has been going, they deserve much more than being cannon fodder this whole time. The previous King of Hueco Mundo gets killed by a hand (which is clever on it's own right, but at the sake of sounding like an arrogant prick...), the alleged strongest of all Espada gets killed by a Shikai, and the third strongest of all Espada doesn't even look worthwhile in the eyes of Aizen. It just all seems like a waste of time, and what makes it even more disgusting is that Yammy has seemingly lived past all of them. Yammy. It's like Kubo just got tired of writing his own dragged out plot, and decided to just end it with the excuse of "Aizen hax".

I'll keep reading of course, but if this "war" ends up being all apart of Aizen's masterful plan again, and he leaves with no casualties/injuries/impact to himself and his lackeys and/or any of Soul Society, then I think I'm going to drop Bleach then and there. Aizen hax was pretty awesome at first, but to go 400 chapters without Aizen even dripping a sweat is a little much.

Also, I'm hoping Lilinette lives. I don't care if she becomes a part of Soul Society or runs off to never be heard from again... I just want confirmation of her status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
This is just a speculation he was waiting for Stark to die. So once the threats were eliminated taking out Halibel would be easy . If Aizen took out Halibel before Stark was killed . Stark may have very well changed sides . So yeah he got Vizards & Shunshui to do his dirty work for him .
At first I agreed with this, but it kind of doesn't make sense if I think about it. He's afraid of Stark's and Barragan's power being a "threat" to him, yet at the same time he's pretty damn confident that he can take out all of Soul Society + the Vizards by himself, when all the enemy side needed to take Stark and Barry out was a hand and a Shikai? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me, and it just continues to strengthen the fact that all of this was a waste of time. I may be looking at it from the wrong perspective though, so anyone can feel free to chew me out if they disagree.
Old 2009-09-23, 11:42   Link #63
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Well, seems like Bleach has been one big filler ever since the Soul Society arc ended. Kubo should have just wrapped things up way back then, because now he's wayyyy past his prime. People can argue that the fans complain when Kubo drags it on for too long, and the fans complain when he actually tries to get he ball rolling; however, I for one was actually interested in where these fights were getting at (no matter how much they dragged on), and anyone with common sense can see that this abrupt end is pretty ridiculous. The top 3 Espada were the most hyped out of all the Espada, and they're the one with the most wasted potential. For the past however many years this arc has been going, they deserve much more than being cannon fodder this whole time. The previous King of Hueco Mundo gets killed by a hand (which is clever on it's own right, but at the sake of sounding like an arrogant prick...), the alleged strongest of all Espada gets killed by a Shikai, and the third strongest of all Espada doesn't even look worthwhile in the eyes of Aizen. It just all seems like a waste of time, and what makes it even more disgusting is that Yammy has seemingly lived past all of them. Yammy. It's like Kubo just got tired of writing his own dragged out plot, and decided to just end it with the excuse of "Aizen hax".

I'll keep reading of course, but if this "war" ends up being all apart of Aizen's masterful plan again, and he leaves with no casualties/injuries/impact to himself and his lackeys and/or any of Soul Society, then I think I'm going to drop Bleach then and there. Aizen hax was pretty awesome at first, but to go 400 chapters without Aizen even dripping a sweat is a little much.

Also, I'm hoping Lilinette lives. I don't care if she becomes a part of Soul Society or runs off to never be heard from again... I just want confirmation of her status.

At first I agreed with this, but it kind of doesn't make sense if I think about it. He's afraid of Stark and Barragan's power being a "threat" to him, yet at the same time he's pretty damn confident that he can take out all of Soul Society + the Vizards by himself, when all the enemy side needed to take Stark and Barry out was a hand and a Shikai? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me, and it just continues to strengthen the fact that all of this was a waste of time. I may be looking at it from the wrong perspective though, so anyone can feel free to chew me out if they disagree.
QFMFT. When Ulquiorra revealed he was only the number 4 Espada, I actually thought "S**t, how powerful is the first Espada gonna be?" This chapter reveals he's powerful enough to get killed by a Shikai. And this is after we saw the number 4 couldn't even get cut by a BANKAI. This is beyond ridiculous. I agree with you when you said Kubo got tired of his own story. Just like you, I'm just about read to drop Bleach altogether. What I think happened is his editor told him that the story's dragging out waaaaay too long and he needs to get it moving, so Kubo decided to use the Aizen hax and get things moving along again.
Old 2009-09-23, 11:42   Link #64
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
i think it would be an epic fail if kubo doesnt give halibel a flashback i mean killing her of just like that without any kind of details as to how she joined like the other two of the top three....
The possibility is there. I agree, why spend a flashback on whorIcharacter? But Kubo likes to do flashbacks... So yeah

Quote:
At first I agreed with this, but it kind of doesn't make sense if I think about it. He's afraid of Stark and Barragan's power being a "threat" to him, yet at the same time he's pretty damn confident that he can take out all of Soul Society + the Vizards by himself
Bluff. You went and got sucked into his bluffing....
Quote:
when all the enemy side needed to take Stark and Barry out was a hand and a Shikai?
To be fair, that's way too much simplification of what happened. That hand is not just a hand; its rotting/aging. That shikai is not just a shikai; it's Shunsui's(?) shikai.
Old 2009-09-23, 11:50   Link #65
SeanQ

For those who hope for Lilynette to be alive...Aizen just cut Halibel, who is ten times stronger than Lily...you think he's not going to do the same to her...? It'd be pretty sad, if Lily was to be like, I'm still alive!!! *Head falls off*
________
Ipad guides

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 14:09.
Old 2009-09-23, 11:52   Link #66
SimplyAJ

Remember when Hollows were a threat and didn't just exist so the children of Karakura town had something fun to do with their time? Like, when one hollow managed to evade soul society for 50 years and was built up to be pretty strong? But then just get obliterated when he turns into a mammoth man mix. Basically, the Arrancar have done nothing but made themselves look weak and the whole "hollow species" as whole look weak. Because Kubo doesn't seem to know how to write without falling into the Shonen Trap of always needing to bring out a stronger opponent. Therefore making everything from the past look like a joke.

I really am happy something seems to be happening, but as I said before it seemed like the plot was moving forward before when the top three Espada proved to be alive and Wonderweiss showed up, but it just got stale again. It's kind of annoying how powerful Aizen is. If he dispatches the 3rd Espada in one swing then how powerful is he compared to EVERYONE ELSE who would have apparently struggled against her?

There are a couple of ways the series could pull itself together. One being some giant twist, where Ichigo is overcome by his dark self, kills off some good guys (for once) and "joins" Aizen just to backstab him later on and take the title of King for himself (because we know he's obessed with being a "King") Then have the series end in some sort of epic duel between Ichigo and his darker self to finish it once and for all. So basically make "Hichigo" the "real" main villan. But right now it's like ... he's just this all powerful entity that nobody really knows about that could wreck anything.

I really just don't see Kubo having enough "time" to explain everything that has been brought to the table.
Old 2009-09-23, 12:00   Link #67
kakakka

Quote:
Remember when Hollows were a threat and didn't just exist so the children of Karakura town had something fun to do with their time? Like, when one hollow managed to evade soul society for 50 years and was built up to be pretty strong? But then just get obliterated when he turns into a mammoth man mix. Basically, the Arrancar have done nothing but made themselves look weak and the whole "hollow species" as whole look weak.
But then weak Shinigami =/= elite right?
Ok that hollow you mentioned, who are the shinigami chasing after it? Captain level? Vice-Captain Level? When Arrancars were introduced, Kubo is also squishing in the Captains/Vice-Captains/Excaptains and ExVC to the story. What do we end up with? Previous hollows aren't as strong as they supposed to be and becomes cannon fodders when in face of someone high ranking (of power) withing Soul Society.

Bottom line here... Arrancarizaion isn't the only one to blame. It's also the introduction of Captains and VC.
Old 2009-09-23, 12:03   Link #68
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dude....wtf? Speculated or not....wtf? Aizen is such a douche.
Old 2009-09-23, 12:05   Link #69
SeanQ

It'd be funny if he had cut Halibels boobs, and milk spills on the floor and flows into WW's mouth, and he grows into a man xD
________
JUSTIN BIEBER FAN

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 14:10.
Old 2009-09-23, 12:07   Link #70
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Well you have to blame it on Kubo . Sales pressure forces Kubo to make ridiculous plot twists . Every-time he has done that so far he has followed it up with with sheer mediocrity or totally going off tangent in a different direction . A good example would be Vizards they were clearly under-used and discarded . The only Vizard who had an impact was Hachi . So if you think about it other than shock factor they have served no purpose . Yes they will be utilized in immediate future . But did the grand entry live up to the expectations ?

The chapter happens to be titled

Execution, Extinction

Old 2009-09-23, 12:20   Link #71
kitten320

Quote:

At first I agreed with this, but it kind of doesn't make sense if I think about it. He's afraid of Stark's and Barragan's power being a "threat" to him, yet at the same time he's pretty damn confident that he can take out all of Soul Society + the Vizards by himself, when all the enemy side needed to take Stark and Barry out was a hand and a Shikai? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me, and it just continues to strengthen the fact that all of this was a waste of time. I may be looking at it from the wrong perspective though, so anyone can feel free to chew me out if they disagree.
I so agree with your post!
Seriously, I won't handle it if Kubo won't do anything about it in next chapter.
If I won't see at least any lights of hope next week, I'm out.
Will be watching filler arc and right till this moment
Old 2009-09-23, 12:52   Link #72
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Everyone who wants to come to Japan and beat up Kubo yakuza style message me and I'll set it up because I'm sick and tired of the ever lasting bull crap that is Bleach, the only reason I still read it is because I'm too curious and would wonder what is going on

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-09-23, 13:04   Link #73
Gin
*Artist

So what is Wonderweiss up to?
Old 2009-09-23, 13:25   Link #74
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Kubo already forgot him.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:33   Link #75
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Kubo already forgot him.
It will be pathetic if Mashiro actually killed him. It seems like Kubo spent all his time coming up with ideas for Barragan's fight, and new moves for Toshiro, then he just got tired of drawing all the Espada so he killed them all off really fast. I kind of hope ukitake is actually dead (even though i like him) just so SS will have at least one casualty.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:33   Link #76
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Waitwaitwait, is Halibel "ded dead" or did she just get sliced, fountains of blood and severed limbs flying around?
Quote:
He rotted away when Barragan released but you missed it because your panel was showing another fight...his spirit is currently merging with Yammi to achieve nega-hollow status.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:36   Link #77
Gin
*Artist

Hallibel dieing better be an illusion from Aizen, so she can sneak attack Toshiro and cut is little head off , actually now that I think about it, Toshiro has kind of a big head.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:40   Link #78
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'll resist and avoid commenting on the big head part....if Aizen first says it's time to move and then cuts her up, an illusion is plausible, and pretty creative on his part. I really want her to somehow get stronger from being slashed and Aizen having no idea what's going on, but alas...Aizen knows all
Old 2009-09-23, 13:41   Link #79
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Kubo just couldn't think of a plausible way for SS and the Vizards to kill Halibel, so he had use the main villain for that.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:45   Link #80
SimplyAJ

You know, having Aizen not knowing what's going on for ONCE would be kind of nice. Have him show some sort of expression of shock, if only to go back to being "cool and calm" just to prove that he isn't perfect. But I can't see that happening anytime soon.

I honestly don't find Hallibel that interesting of a character. Just another typical "you don't know what sort of power you're messing with" arrogant type of person. She certaintly doesn't need to join the good side UNLESS there are people from the good side that finally fucking die off. That would be fine. But if they just keep adding to their numbers, well ....

It's really hard to believe that Aizen is simply smarter than everybody combined.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion