Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 14:44   Link #3561
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Part 2 Last Chapter

Spoiler for Part 2 Last Chapter:
That is a Skype conversation I would like to have seen. I can only imagine the cuteness.
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:03   Link #3562
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's mostly just a translation issue. There's nothing about "you can comment your own views", he's just saying that he's adding his own comments as the author.

The question is commenting on how the end of the light novels has the feel of a galge, and the sense of a return to the start.

And the author says:
That's true. I wrote it to be similar to scenes from Volume 1. Writing an intense story that clearly goes down the forbidden path is really difficult in Dengeki Bunko, but given that I decided to give Kirino a happy ending, I still needed to set her future on as good a path as possible. It was extremely tricky. The result is as you can see in the book, but if I were to add my own redundant comments for those who want to re-read it, I would say:

- A Complete Kirino Ending
- Just like the Life Consultations that started it all, the story ends with the siblings having a shared secret.

That's what Volume 12 is about.

---

As he said, his summary doesn't really say anything the novel didn't already imply, but he just makes it a bit more clear that the Life Consultation at the end is because they have a new secret to share (linked to Kyousuke's kiss), and that the ending gives Kirino the happiest ending he figured he could get away with.

But, in the end, although this points to the author's intentions in writing it that way, it obviously still doesn't stop people from forming their own predictions about what they believe will happen after that.
I love this author even more. That totally confirms it for me. Live counseling is the key . Can't wait for his next work.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:09   Link #3563
zubalikei

Talking

Quote:
It's mostly just a translation issue. There's nothing about "you can comment your own views", he's just saying that he's adding his own comments as the author.

The question is commenting on how the end of the light novels has the feel of a galge, and the sense of a return to the start.

And the author says:
That's true. I wrote it to be similar to scenes from Volume 1. Writing an intense story that clearly goes down the forbidden path is really difficult in Dengeki Bunko, but given that I decided to give Kirino a happy ending, I still needed to set her future on as good a path as possible. It was extremely tricky. The result is as you can see in the book, but if I were to add my own redundant comments for those who want to re-read it, I would say:

- Just like the Life Consultations that started it all, the story ends with the siblings having a shared secret.

---

As he said, his summary doesn't really say anything the novel didn't already imply, but he just makes it a bit more clear that the Life Consultation at the end is because they have a new secret to share (linked to Kyousuke's kiss), and that the ending gives Kirino the happiest ending he figured he could get away with.

But, in the end, although this points to the author's intentions in writing it that way, it obviously still doesn't stop people from forming their own predictions about what they believe will happen after that.
Thanks Virox and Relentlessflame.
I am more calm after your reponses.
I think a happy end to Kirino's point of view really would be stay together with who she loves. Its the reason because I strongly inclinated to believe that she and Kyousuke will develop more the romantic side of their relationship.
It not makes me totally satisfied but it was ever the most probably thing to happen.

Lets wait more news!
zubalikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:28   Link #3564
Wilshere

Quote:

And the author says:

---

Very happy with this conclusion as it supports our evidence from the final Volume.
Now to send off this great series,make sure you animate it completely,anything but that would be a disappointment.
Old 2013-06-14, 15:30   Link #3565
s0beit
kiririn.me

Also should be mentioned that their relationship was hardly a secret before, as they told [almost] everyone about it. I think there's only one shared secret they can have, but I wonder if people will deny it~
Old 2013-06-14, 15:30   Link #3566
seangel92

Is this a win to the KirixKyosuke's fans?
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:32   Link #3567
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post
Also should be mentioned that their relationship was hardly a secret before, as they told [almost] everyone about it. I think there's only one shared secret they can have, but I wonder if people will deny it~
I wonder who you mean

Edit: Also no one ever answered my question as to whether the marriage ceremony they had was a secret. (before you hit me for being stupid remember I'm waiting on full translations so details escape me)
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:44   Link #3568
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Edit: Also no one ever answered my question as to whether the marriage ceremony they had was a secret. (before you hit me for being stupid remember I'm waiting on full translations so details escape me)
I'm still going to hit you for being stupid. This is a novel thread. Read the information presented about what's in the novels so you can be part of the discussion. If you won't read the novels or the summaries, then wait until the full translations before you participate in discussion or speculation, because otherwise you're operating without the necessary information to make informed commentary.
Old 2013-06-14, 15:46   Link #3569
seangel92

I want to see all the cuteness of Vol.12 animated in 3 OVAs :3
Old 2013-06-14, 15:49   Link #3570
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
I'm still going to hit you for being stupid. This is a novel thread. Read the information presented about what's in the novels so you can be part of the discussion. If you won't read the novels or the summaries, then wait until the full translations before you participate in discussion or speculation, because otherwise you're operating without the necessary information to make informed commentary.
Nice, well hey man I've read a lot of the spoilers and some of the quick translations but excuse me for having opinions that don't match yours and wanting to read a translation that isn't done quickly. You've said many times we have to wait for the full translations to be sure about things.

Didn't even bother answering the question either
Old 2013-06-14, 15:58   Link #3571
kentasaiba

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-14 at 15:59. Reason: Placed in an images tag, given the size
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:58   Link #3572
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Is this a win to the KirixKyosuke's fans?
Let me answer it this way. The author wanted to give kirino the best ending possible. In other words he wanted her to be happy. And what makes Kirino to be happy: to be with her onii chan forever (just like in her recordings).

So everyone his conclusion
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:58   Link #3573
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Nice, well hey man I've read a lot of the spoilers and some of the quick translations but excuse me for having opinions that don't match yours and wanting to read a translation that isn't done quickly.
Nice try. This isn't even about "having options that don't match mine" or anyone else's. It's about your not reading up about the basic factual elements of the story (that I and others correct you on repeatedly), but still drawing wild conclusions and arguing about it anyway. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Once you read the story, and have evidence in the text, then come back and justify your claims. Otherwise, you're arguing theories and wilfully ignoring evidence. I could understand that at first, when details were sparse, but it's been a week now.
Old 2013-06-14, 16:07   Link #3574
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Let me answer it this way. The author wanted to give kirino the best ending possible. In other words he wanted her to be happy. And what makes Kirino to be happy: to be with her onii chan forever (just like in her recordings).

So everyone his conclusion
Happiness is invading me!
Old 2013-06-14, 16:07   Link #3575
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Nice try. This isn't even about "having options that don't match mine" or anyone else's. It's about your not reading up about the basic factual elements of the story (that I and others correct you on repeatedly), but still drawing wild conclusions and arguing about it anyway. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Once you read the story, and have evidence in the text, then come back and justify your claims. Otherwise, you're arguing theories and wilfully ignoring evidence.
How does knowing the major elements of the story already mean I have no room to discuss? Sorry but just because I don't know a detail in a 392 page translation shouldn't make me unable to participate and I've been pretty respectful of other peoples opinions. Because I interpret the story differently doesn't make me wrong, as well as not know every minute detail does not make me wrong. I simple asked whether the ceremony was a secret to everyone but Kirino and Kyousuke, instead you choose to berate me because you don't like what I have to say. If you don't like it then don't respond if I say something that is factually inaccurate that is fine correct me but most of the responses I've gotten from you tends to be your own conjecture about events and not a factual correction.
Old 2013-06-14, 16:11   Link #3576
DevG

New episode tommarow! Lets see if i can read volume 3 from start to finish by tommarow :P
DevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 16:16   Link #3577
seangel92

Quote:
How does knowing the major elements of the story already mean I have no room to discuss? Sorry but just because I don't know a detail in a 392 page translation shouldn't make me unable to participate and I've been pretty respectful of other peoples opinions. Because I interpret the story differently doesn't make me wrong, as well as not know every minute detail does not make me wrong. I simple asked whether the ceremony was a secret to everyone but Kirino and Kyousuke, instead you choose to berate me because you don't like what I have to say. If you don't like it then don't respond if I say something that is factually inaccurate that is fine correct me but most of the responses I've gotten from you tends to be your own conjecture about events and not a factual correction.
The autor said that he wanted to give the best happy ending to Kirino and he did it but the rest is just for our imagination (how they gonna fight in secret with their love). He gave to Kirino that she wanted (Kyosuke love)
Old 2013-06-14, 16:32   Link #3578
Wilshere

Quote:
You can interpret it the way you want,but I think you have something to do with moral issues which makes you not accept the ending although its CLEAR now,we have enough evidence throughout the Volumes to support it and there is no going back. Moral issues are hindering you from accepting the ending.
Old 2013-06-14, 16:36   Link #3579
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
You've said many times we have to wait for the full translations to be sure about things.

Didn't even bother answering the question either
Pretty sure he can read Japanese, though...
Old 2013-06-14, 16:37   Link #3580
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
You can interpret it the way you want,but I think you have something to do with moral issues which makes you not accept the ending although its CLEAR now,we have enough evidence throughout the Volumes to support it and there is no going back. Moral issues are hindering you from accepting the ending.
Evidence is subject to interpretation, besides what ending is clear? That they love each other? I've not disagreed with that for a while once the quick translations came out. Where they go after the epilogue will never be clear but everyone will point to evidence that supports their thoughts about where it ultimately leads.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings