Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-02, 13:44   Link #2141
The1
Relentless sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The "double tap" is actually a well known shooting discipline for anyone who's knowledgeable with firearms. In its most common usage, the term "double tap" is used to to describe quickly firing two well-aimed shots into a single target in semi-auto, which ensures lethality. One technique often used is to fire two shots at a target: the chest, then the head, so if the first shot doesn't kill the opponent the second likely will.

It's a technique that would be very useful against zombies, since you'd want to ensure that the zombie you're shooting at stays dead.
/offtopic

Not only lethality but also saving up ammo. The most common situation in which double tap is used(at the shooting range we targeted lungs/heart) is when the amount of ammo you have is very limited(less than 1 magazine).
The1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 13:48   Link #2142
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In HOTD though zombies can be killed like normal human beings unlike in some zombie films and games.
Old 2010-08-02, 14:12   Link #2143
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I counted 3 boing boings this episode ;p oh sensei...you're going to have a bad back later...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 15:30   Link #2144
Sekishi

recap count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's recap scenes weaved between actual new content. Seriously, the whole "recap = instant fail of Madhouse" thing was totally blown out of proportion by some people.
I totally agree with this on!
Not only some but quite a lot of people went over the top.
I rewatched ep. 4 and counted the recap times. In total it were only roughly 5 minutes of recap from approximately 2:30 to 5:30, 6:30 to 7:30 ans 8:30 to 9:30.
THe "recap" scenes were also from a slightly different perspective so Madhouse didn't actually just recycle frames but redraw them.

Additionally, episode 4 was a piece of art at least for me.
It start's with both on the brigde with the passing plane tasking a picture of them.
Then history is retold with exact time given and the episode is perfected with the scene from the beginning like a snake biting its tail. The last picture of the zombified pilot spices this up as to show it's not over yet, more desasters to come.
Extremely remarkable ist the segment with the operatic vocal music track an both protagonists driving through a deserted city which should be full of life.

I foresee top sales for the yet to come OST.
Sekishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 15:32   Link #2145
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
In HOTD though zombies can be killed like normal human beings unlike in some zombie films and games.
???????? um, wut????
Old 2010-08-02, 15:36   Link #2146
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Reminding you of this?

Except that this is a bus. Otherwise the lyrics fits.
LMAO thats awesome it sooo fits. OMG work needs to end so i go home and watch ep 5
Old 2010-08-02, 15:37   Link #2147
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The battle scene at the end was full of cheese but still pretty awesome. Hirano and Saeko kick ass! Shido was hilarious as ever, he always tries so hard to be fabulous. It looks like his bullshitting is working pretty well on those guys though.

I'm very pleased with Rika's voice, it fits perfectly. I can't wait to see more of her.

Next episode is the one a lot people have been waiting for. Hopefully, the censorship won't be too bad. The preview looked promising...

Spoiler for Boin boin gif (NSFW):
ROFL! EPIC GIF! I can't stop laughing at it. These are humongous! Must be at least F in USA standards.
Quote:
Simply the best.
Spoiler for NSFW lift:
It has been saved! Yeah!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 15:40   Link #2148
Sekishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep5:
I could not have said that in a better way.
agreed - completely
Old 2010-08-02, 16:03   Link #2149
Sekishi

Quote:
Without medical treatment normal human beings simply die from bleeding even if important organs are not injured.
Here people have to deal with Romero-type zombies which are rather slow but nonetheless they can only be killed by headshots or smashing their heads. So a simple shot to other body parts won't work.
Old 2010-08-02, 16:03   Link #2150
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm liking Shizuka's VA. A cute voice paired with a sexy body.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 16:20   Link #2151
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

What's up with Shido?

No matter how much he flails his arms around, he'll never be as fabulous as Lelouch.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 16:39   Link #2152
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Crow View Post
What's up with Shido?

No matter how much he flails his arms around, he'll never be as fabulous as Lelouch.
He tries to inehirt the "Geass" , wait , actually it worked for those dumbass behind the bus Screw him , he wanted to get some "MILF" too ...

Anyway , episode 5 was awesome .

Rika

Great action , love the bullet time All of them got their own show , well Saya and Shizuka didn't do so much but still own a hilarious moment :

- When Shizuka's boobs crush Saya's head
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 17:01   Link #2153
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I had a couple of gripes about episode 5.

At the start with Rika and her spotter, when he called out "range, 4500" I sure as hell hope they didn't mean metres. Even feet would be would about 1.4km and that's way outside the range of a 7.62x51mm like PSG-1 she was using.

But comparing distances from their position to the runway it was probably meant to be 450 metres which is well within the limits of the rifle.

Other gripe?

The fight on the bridge. Way too over the top for me.

I'll keep watching though because I adore the manga and I can only hope for some more serious engagements. The AR-10 is revealed next episode so that's something to look forward too I guess.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 17:01   Link #2154
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

The cheese at the bridge...

I've decided not to like Shizuka. Nevermind that I've already read the comic. She's even more emphasized as a dumb blonde with a voice akin to a blackboard being scratched.
Old 2010-08-02, 17:29   Link #2155
Jerseykid

The doctor lady had one hand grasping little komuro quite firmly when she was on the bike. He should get to have sex with all the female members as if it were taking care of the needs of anyone in a crisis. Not really an emotional attachment it just has to be done.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 17:35   Link #2156
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
What's up with Shido?

Well but unlike the latter, Shido is just one heck of an annoying asshole for me

And I only have one thing to say for this ep.

ダブルータプだぜえぇぇぇぇぇぇぇぇ!!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 17:38   Link #2157
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
What's up with Shido?

Shido is fabulous in his own right though. He doesn't have to be compared with Lulu.
Old 2010-08-02, 17:40   Link #2158
kraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
HoTD is actually the polar opposite of Romero's movies. Just in case you have not noticed, Romero have a burning hate for militaries and the upper class that was all the more obvious in Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead. Then he throws in the ordinary people. Who are caught in the middle of the class struggle, just want to live at best, and survive at worst, but suffer the consequence of the whims of the militaries or the upperclass.

HoTD on the other hand have displayed extremely GAR nationalists (may have something to do with the rampant nostalgia for the "glorious" days of Imperial Japan), spineless left-wingers, paramilitaries that are a little more competent than those in Romero's movies and the ordinary people in the middle of all of that.
Different country, different culture, different times and Daisuke Sato and Romero are not the the same, they have different point of view

So the critisism can't be the same.

But even if the critisism is not the same, there still critisism, It's why the concept is the same.
kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 19:50   Link #2159
Qikz

I loved this episode, so much Hirano awesome, so much Saya moeness. Perfect!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 20:24   Link #2160
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Hirano is the best character ever, I actually love his rape faces (No homo!) the moment he gets pissed off, protective or a gun it is made of win, I need animated signature of that double tap, that one part made this episode win for me.

I'm still wondering how busijima did that whole spinning twirl thing when she was launched by Komuro.

I'm surprised Komuro didn't notice Shizuka-sensei with her hand on his soldier. Hmm in Shido's religious is he going to be the god or more of a Jesus figure to them.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse