AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-04-28, 10:10   Link #1241
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Icecrown Citadel's lookin' nice. Glory to the Scourge.
Haha I was thinking the same thing. When the White Walker was slowly trotting the horse along the snow I was thinking "Looks a lot like a Death Knight, steed included." Then the Citadel shows up, and it was like "This cannot be a coincidence anymore."
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 10:21   Link #1242
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
holy molly!

I DO NOT remember reading anything remotly similar to the last minute of this episode (4). So that's how the whitewalkers come to be... this is huge!
Wait a minute. You're telling me in 6 books now, GRRM still hadn't told you anything about the White Walkers' origins? That's bizarre.

(don't tell me whatever he actually did tell you though)
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 10:32   Link #1243
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Anybody else is feeling suspicious of Locke?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 10:33   Link #1244
Xagzan

Considering Roose Bolton sent him there to murder Jon Snow, yeah.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 10:37   Link #1245
Owlman

Is Jaime acting so formal to Cersei because he's afraid of her retaliating for what he did last episode? She seems to act a bit stern but she doesn't seem that upset considering what happened last episode.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 10:41   Link #1246
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Wait a minute. You're telling me in 6 books now, GRRM still hadn't told you anything about the White Walkers' origins? That's bizarre.

(don't tell me whatever he actually did tell you though)
That's exactly what we're saying, (The south park episode about GoT summarizes what's going on pretty succinctly), so unfortunately there is nothing to tell, about the white walkers anyways. Apparently the 6th book which is yet to be released has a lot more about them (called 'Winds of Winter')
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:40   Link #1247
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Considering Roose Bolton sent him there to murder Jon Snow, yeah.
Don't recall that scene ever happening
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:45   Link #1248
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Diana Rigg wasn't always "Granny War-Bucks", you should have seen her in her greener days. ^_^
In the Avengers episode "A Touch of Brimstone". Phoar!

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:45   Link #1249
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Don't recall that scene ever happening
I do, but it took me a moment. It was the episode before last, I believe. Theon told Ramsay and Roose that Bran and Rickon were alive and were probably going to the Wall to see Jon, and Roose told Locke to - I can't remember if it was to kill Jon Snow or just to vaguely deal with it, but the effect is much the same.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:31   Link #1250
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Is Jaime acting so formal to Cersei because he's afraid of her retaliating for what he did last episode? She seems to act a bit stern but she doesn't seem that upset considering what happened last episode.
No, I think the show-runners just horrendously miscalculated how the audience would (correctly) interpret the rape from last weeks episode. I doubt there will be any mention of that sequences throughout the rest of the season (considering it is already filmed), and we will be left with Jaime the Rapist forever burned into our minds. It's a shame because the moments between Jaime and Brianna were quite great in this episode, but now it's hard to see Jaime without seeing him viciously rape his sister.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:47   Link #1251
GDB

Though they could easily reshoot the scene for the Bluray if they really felt they messed up bad.

Actually, reading this interview with the director makes it seem like it may have been an editing issue rather than an issue with how they shot the scene.

Quote:
It’s my cut of the scene. The consensual part of it was that she wraps her legs around him, and she’s holding on to the table, clearly not to escape but to get some grounding in what’s going on. And also, the other thing that I think is clear before they hit the ground is she starts to make out with him. The big things to us that were so important, and that hopefully were not missed, is that before he rips her undergarment, she’s way into kissing him back. She’s kissing him aplenty.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 13:42   Link #1252
Hazou
Immortal Flames

I am going to sound the asshole, but I am probably the one out of few people who didn't view the scene as rape. I rewatched it. Ceresi rips his shirt off. And when she said "no" I didn't think she meant "no" to the sex, she was saying "no to the place". She also at the end of the scene yes, and make it quick.

So it wasn't that she didn't want to have sex or that he was having sex with her out of consent. I think it was more Ceresi conflicting emotions of having sexing near their sons dead body.

But then again Ceresi is a raging bitch.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 17:44   Link #1253
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It looked like rape, and it did seem like a major head-scratcher in light of his development at the time, but if the directors claim it was just a mistake on their part, I'm pretty okay with moving on and taking them at their word.

I think Jaime was a total douche when we met him in season one and he knocked Bran down from the window, but his captivity character arc said to me growth rather than just "he's nuanced". The nuance bit was when he explained the true story behind the "kingslayer" (as in - yeah, he was a bad guy back then, but he wasn't pure evil). Starting especially with him saving Branne, it seemed like he was legitimately starting down a more righteous way of life.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 17:57   Link #1254
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
it seemed like he was legitimately starting down a more righteous way of life.
Spoiler for Novel spoilers:
Old 2014-04-28, 21:01   Link #1255
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazou View Post
I am going to sound the asshole, but I am probably the one out of few people who didn't view the scene as rape. I rewatched it. Ceresi rips his shirt off. And when she said "no" I didn't think she meant "no" to the sex, she was saying "no to the place". She also at the end of the scene yes, and make it quick.

So it wasn't that she didn't want to have sex or that he was having sex with her out of consent. I think it was more Ceresi conflicting emotions of having sexing near their sons dead body.

But then again Ceresi is a raging bitch.
You don't sound like an asshole. I read a book named FountainHead, and there was a scene very similar to this, where a certain female character essentially wanted to be "taken", as part of a fantasy... In this case, Cersei actually grabbed Jaime and kissed him back despite saying saying otherwise. Cersei loathes the male power structure that ultimately has control over her life in their society, but perhaps on some level she is also sexually infatuated with that power.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 21:03   Link #1256
Hazou
Immortal Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
You're don't sound like an asshole. I read a book named FountainHead, and there was a scene very similar to this, where a certain female character essentially wanted to be "taken", as part of a fantasy... In this case, Cersei actually grabbed Jaime and kissed him back despite saying saying otherwise. Cersei loathes the male power structure that ultimately has control over her life in their society, but perhaps on some level she is also sexually infatuated with that power.
Glad I wasn't the only person who saw that. I felt like a weirdo on most of the forums I frequent because that was the way I viewed the scene.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 21:11   Link #1257
Owlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No, I think the show-runners just horrendously miscalculated how the audience would (correctly) interpret the rape from last weeks episode. I doubt there will be any mention of that sequences throughout the rest of the season (considering it is already filmed), and we will be left with Jaime the Rapist forever burned into our minds. It's a shame because the moments between Jaime and Brianna were quite great in this episode, but now it's hard to see Jaime without seeing him viciously rape his sister.
How unfortunate. I think he really shined in this last episode. He and Brienne had some really touching scenes. I was a little sad when he gave up his sword, as that pretty much means he truly gave up on being a serious swordsman again, I guess I can't really blame him.

I wonder how good a swordsman Bronn is, because Jaime already seems to be almost his match at conventional sword fighting (and Bronn really makes me laugh when he bests him by some dirty method). I would be great if Jaime fills up his pages with good deeds and is somehow rewarded by some sorcerer that turns his golden hand into a real working hand.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 05:27   Link #1258
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Arthas and the Lich king oooooh lordy did this bring back some War Craft III memories
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 07:06   Link #1259
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Hmm so I wonder if that scene was a true spoiler for book readers. The producers/writers supposedly met with martin to glean all the broader strokes of the future book plots from him. They supposedly went over everything he has for each character.

I might have to jump ship on this so I don't ruin future novels. This show has been really great but I don't want it to infringe on my ability to be surprised when reading "The Winds of Winter" or any other future books.

I'm up in the air over this because as a book reader the only thing that could happen in the books that was shown on Sunday was a glimpse of the land of always winter. Everything else really went way of the reservation for what happens in the books. Really I would say about 50-60% of Sundays episode was completely made up and not from the books.

Not sure what to do now.
Old 2014-04-29, 19:39   Link #1260
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
How anti-climatic of them to reveal joffrey's murderers just a couple of episodes after it happened.
To be fair, as someone who didn't read the books, I suspected Littlefinger to have a hand in it. In a Vladimir Putin way. And the reasons he did it makes sense with the character and the interested parties.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo