AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 20:15   Link #621
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

No, I'm pretty sure he just haven't decide what he's going to do with the Number 6, hence there's absolutely no information about him... Or her.

Kamachi is not that crafty, it's definitely going to be a brand new character.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 14:16   Link #622
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, I'm pretty sure he just haven't decide what he's going to do with the Number 6, hence there's absolutely no information about him... Or her.

Kamachi is not that crafty, it's definitely going to be a brand new character.
Though I agree that it prob will be a new character (though I can still dream) I'm shocked that you doubt Kamachi's craftiness. Fremea and the Dragon Head would like to have a word to you.

On another note...

Can IB cancel a Saint's power? More specifically thier super strength.

At first I believed he could, but then vol 16 rolled around and I realized he couldn't... but then I thought about it again and clocked on to the fact that Touma could be knocked down by a stiff breeaze and Kanzaki was injured too. Could she really hold down the 200% Saint power that Aqua could pull out at a whim?

So I'm just not sure anymore.
Old 2011-07-23, 15:22   Link #623
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I think that if he was holding onto the saint he would be able to stop them from using it, but he couldn't stop them from hitting him with it. He can't negate the medium people use right? Like if an esper threw a car at him he couldn't block it, so there's no reason he would be able to block the attacks from saints if they are just using their strength.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:55   Link #624
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I think that if he was holding onto the saint he would be able to stop them from using it, but he couldn't stop them from hitting him with it. He can't negate the medium people use right? Like if an esper threw a car at him he couldn't block it, so there's no reason he would be able to block the attacks from saints if they are just using their strength.
The only thing I never really got is concerning how Touma blocked a railgun shot (if he did actually do that, since I can't recall if he did). Even if Touma managed to neutralize the effect, how was he able to block the coin itself?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 18:26   Link #625
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The only thing I never really got is concerning how Touma blocked a railgun shot (if he did actually do that, since I can't recall if he did). Even if Touma managed to neutralize the effect, how was he able to block the coin itself?
First, if we apply normal-world physics the coin would've already melted from the sheer heat gained by friction against air from such velocity.

But since this is the Indexverse however, I'd assume the same question if I didn't recall that Touma stopped a punch from a golem without getting his bones broken

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 18:36   Link #626
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
But since this is the Indexverse however, I'd assume the same question if I didn't recall that Touma stopped a punch from a golem without getting his bones broken
People just assume it's magic strength since in the first place rocks don't move on their own.

This is alot like what Tsuchimikado said when he just couldn't figure out how Imagine Breaker works- According to him, Theoretically, by touching someone with his hand, Touma could negate their life force and kill them.
Old 2011-07-23, 18:42   Link #627
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
1. It happened in the Railgun manga.

2. Here is how it's possible. The electricity is the medium for the coin moving at high speeds. He negates the electricity and thus negating the coin moving. Misakas Railgun is clearly not like a real one when it comes to launching an object.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 19:47   Link #628
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
At first I believed he could, but then vol 16 rolled around and I realized he couldn't... but then I thought about it again and clocked on to the fact that Touma could be knocked down by a stiff breeaze and Kanzaki was injured too. Could she really hold down the 200% Saint power that Aqua could pull out at a whim?
Holding down someone is not about equals strengths, otherwise no one would be able to hold anybody since humans in general really have different strength aptitudes kgrm / ton wise.

Holding someone down is mainly grabbing someone in a position were they can't use their strength to release themselves. Many occupational fields and fighting styles have techniques to push down bigger and badder guys than you.

Furthermore, for what I remember the text specifically states something in the lines of. "Aqua's saint strength was contained by Kanzaki" and "Aqua's Magic abilities was contained by the Right Hand". It's not the other way around.

Quote:
In volume 1 prolog it was hinted that Touma "slaps away" some of Mikoto's attacks, when they are too strong to be negated immediately, I always assumed that the Railgun could end up like that (In fact, in my first reading I thought that Touma slapped one away without knowing the name of the attack).
Old 2011-07-23, 20:05   Link #629
Ilidsor
Angelerator

To the "Can IB block railgun" question:
Quote:
Yesterday, Kamijou used his right hand to block every single one of Mikoto’s attacks, including the "Railgun", a "whip sword" formed by iron sand, a powerful electromagnetic pulse that targets the organs, and the final move: real "lightning".
So yes he can apparently (That's from volume 1)
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 20:40   Link #630
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Here is how it's possible. The electricity is the medium for the coin moving at high speeds. He negates the electricity and thus negating the coin moving. Misakas Railgun is clearly not like a real one when it comes to launching an object.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
In volume 1 prolog it was hinted that Touma "slaps away" some of Mikoto's attacks, when they are too strong to be negated immediately, I always assumed that the Railgun could end up like that (In fact, in my first reading I thought that Touma slapped one away without knowing the name of the attack).
Well, the thing is, there's this thing called inertia. I'm wondering if the Imagine Breaker can negate even basic physics.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 20:55   Link #631
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, the thing is, there's this thing called inertia. I'm wondering if the Imagine Breaker can negate even basic physics.
Why can't it be supernatural inertia?

It's the same concept as magic fire produces magic heat, if the source is supernatural, why is the effect considered normal?
Old 2011-07-23, 22:12   Link #632
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Consider it's the lightning moving the coin. Consider the coin only moving because of the lightning. Then add Kamachis lol science and then you see we might go nowhere. Maybe if he did a Nasu and answered his fans questions we can get an answer.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:52   Link #633
giorno

there is no lightning or electricity involved in the railgun
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 11:59   Link #634
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

A real one or Misakas?
Old 2011-07-24, 17:35   Link #635
giorno

EDIT: nevermind, it probably does use an electric current running through the coin to interact with the magnetic fields...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 20:26   Link #636
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So as it turns out... from the Index2 archive sound drama summary... We can assume that Lucifer also has Black Wings...
Old 2011-07-24, 20:46   Link #637
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
So as it turns out... from the Index2 archive sound drama summary... We can assume that Lucifer also has Black Wings...
Cue Cyber=Kakine's fully-powered "Ware wa messiah nari!" Wings turning from white to black.

Well, I always assumed Black Wings Accelerator was a tribute to a certain Fallen Angel. Only proves that right.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 20:54   Link #638
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Cue Cyber=Kakine's fully-powered "Ware wa messiah nari!" Wings turning from white to black.

Well, I always assumed Black Wings Accelerator was a tribute to a certain Fallen Angel. Only proves that right.
I admit, it could be something or it could just be nothing.

After all it's not a stretch to associate Lucifer with Black Wings- Every other story does it too. But since the Black Wing is so prominently featured before, one can't help but wonder...

If Gabriel=Water (moon), Michael=Fire (Sun), Uriel/Raphael = Earth/Wind, does Lucifer also have a Element or celestial symbol?
Old 2011-07-24, 21:59   Link #639
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
If Gabriel=Water (moon), Michael=Fire (Sun), Uriel/Raphael = Earth/Wind, does Lucifer also have a Element or celestial symbol?
He was supposed to be "the one who carries the light"... so who knows if Lucifer has wings of light making everyone to think he isn't a guy that bad and then, shit happens... again.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 22:02   Link #640
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
He was supposed to be "the one who carries the light"...
That's not very specific... A star maybe? But which one? There only a couple trillion in our galaxy...

Tags
hard science