AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-10, 04:36   Link #521
Blaat

The combination of Saori calling herself Saori Bageena and Kyōsuke reaction was just too funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Another thing that might become an issue is that it depicts a teenage girl socializing through the internet with questionable individuals, while distancing herself from socially acceptable company ... not to mention lying to her parents, purchasing illegal merchandise, etc.
So basically she's acting like any other teenager?
Old 2010-10-10, 04:43   Link #522
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

The dialogue absolutely made this episode. Kirino and Kuroneko just going at each other... I like the way the conversation pivoted from being about the shows the two of them like into volleys of silly personal insults. It was funny and pretty close to how real arguments go at the same time.

I wasn't so hot on Ayana Taketatsu's performance in the first episode, but I think she and Kana Hanazawa absolutely killed it here.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 04:48   Link #523
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, the simulcasting companies do generally get the episode about a week (or so -- depends on the production) before airing in order to start working on their translation. This in theory shouldn't be a problem, but in this case they must have uploaded it to the production server, presumably as a way of distributing it to the internal team. Not even having a hash or some other variable that changes (beyond the episode number) is a sort of "n00b mistake" that I'm sure they won't be making going forward.

At least the good news for is that this was less than a day before, and not even further. Still, though this is like leaving freshly-baked cookies out in the open, it wasn't all that "nice" for the Internet to take them. (But, I mean, the fact that the Internet isn't nice isn't exactly news...)
I know they get it a week before THEY air it. What surprised me and seemed kind of wrong was that they got it before it was even aired in JAPAN.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 04:50   Link #524
Clarste
Human

This is shaping up to be my favorite of the season. It's got a nice balance of realism and comedy, with future drama waiting in the wings as well. And best of all, the potentially creepy aspects are as subdued as they could possibly be.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 04:58   Link #525
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The combination of Saori calling herself Saori Bageena and Kyōsuke reaction was just too funny.So basically she's acting like any other teenager?
His reaction was just hilarious. I'm sure anyone not into Gundam would be confused, actually I'm still wondering why the hell Char chose this alias in the first place...

Episode two was very good. The best scene has to be Kuroneko and Kirino arguing about the merits and demerits of their favorite anime genre. I'm not siding with either here. I'm loving Kuroneko though, she's just awesome: "Call yourself Psycho Gundam or Big zam from now on"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Spoiler for reply to spoiler:
I really thought Ayase was Kuroneko at first, and was confused as to why my Kana wasn't voicing her.

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-10-10 at 07:10. Reason: Fixed
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 05:26   Link #526
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Er... no, no, no. I assume it's just a repeat typo, but...

Spoiler:
sorry mistook the two. It's supposedly Saori
Old 2010-10-10, 05:35   Link #527
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Kuroneko was pretty impressive when she started hurling insults Good job by the VA there. Only complaint I have is Manami got her screentime cut slightly, we don't even see her giving advice to Kyousuke.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 05:46   Link #528
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Really enjoyed the second episode. I've experienced similar events, so this episode really hit home. :3

Saori Bageena: A name not everyone here is going to understand.

& it's Hanazawa Kana again. At least this time she doesn't sound that bad.
Old 2010-10-10, 05:53   Link #529
tsunade666

well if you spell it out correctly... well its the type of words kids should never learn (trying to act good)
Old 2010-10-10, 06:08   Link #530
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I was smiling to myself the whole time cos I'd totally do the same thing in Kyousuke's position (except be a bit more empathetic XD)
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 06:09   Link #531
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
While I was watching, I actually thought that the site/forum administrator is a sexual predator of some sort, and that Kyousuke will get a crowning moment of awesome by defending his sister. I guess not.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 06:15   Link #532
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 06:53   Link #533
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Heh. Can't say I understand how Kirino feels because where I'm from practically everyone has a hand in video games, anime, cartoons, and/or other geeky stuff. Well of course you tend to hide the more embarrassing things, but considering that anyone even with a remote access to a PC here has seen the more extreme edges of hentai and probably enjoyed it and has been involved in a MMO game at least once, having "otaku" tendencies is considered a normal thing.

Also...uh... Saori Bagina = Sour Vagina?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 06:57   Link #534
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well if you spell it out correctly... well its the type of words kids should never learn (trying to act good)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Also...uh... Saori Bagina = Sour Vagina?
It's a reference to Char's name in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Quattro Bajeena.
Old 2010-10-10, 07:09   Link #535
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well considering how hold Zeta is, and how I hated everything after ZZ, I really wouldn't have remembered what they called Char Aznable. I'm also assuming that the handle Kuroneko might be a reference to the Black Cat series.

I've also had at least one or two arguments like Kirino and Kuroneko except less venom and about the same series.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 07:09   Link #536
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hence why Kuroneko told her she should call her herself Psycho Gundam or Big Zam (and not Ultimate Gundam or bigzilla). She's not pretty enough to pretend being Quattro

PS: Hanazawa Kana never sounds bad (I thought you said she always sounded the same anyway )
Old 2010-10-10, 07:10   Link #537
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I just noticed Kyousuke's face when they were in front of the BL section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

PS: Hanazawa Kana never sounds bad (I thought you said she always sounded the same anyway )

Haven't heard Hanazawa in many roles, but she definitely sounded different in Drrrr, compared to Nadeko's supercute jailbait voice.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 07:20   Link #538
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Watch Zegapain.
Old 2010-10-10, 07:25   Link #539
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'm just sick of her voice really, so i didn't mean to say 'bad'.

Here she just does it right. Plus it helps she's pretty much not in every show i'm watching at the moment.
Old 2010-10-10, 07:25   Link #540
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Hence why Kuroneko told her she should call her herself Psycho Gundam or Big Zam (and not Ultimate Gundam or bigzilla). She's not pretty enough to pretend being Quattro

Ahh, so that's what Bajeena means! I don't follow gundam, so the allusion is completely missed by me, but now that makes perfect sense, as well as the other gundam names...I thought it was just a random (and kinda perverted, I probably will spit take like Kyousuke too if I was drinking) name at first.

About Hanazawa Kana, I think this is the first time I see her say 'bitch'? Well technically it's 'bicchi', but still very unexpected. I guess nothing brings more venom than having your favorite anime insulted, huh Kuroneko?
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen