Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-01, 03:43   Link #3401
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Also, last minute gratuitous reminder that if you happen to be attending Otakon this weekend, look for me, I'll be pilotsuit Duo.
I just came back from Otakon today and I did manage to meet a Duo today in the Dealer's Room, in front of a figurine dealer. Was that you? XD (She mentioned she had met another Duo too and talked about Frozen Teardrop...)
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 16:21   Link #3402
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
I just came back from Otakon today and I did manage to meet a Duo today in the Dealer's Room, in front of a figurine dealer. Was that you? XD (She mentioned she had met another Duo too and talked about Frozen Teardrop...)
No... pretty much all of my Gundam plans this weekend fell through =_=
I managed to photo the gathering Friday, that's about it lmao. OH WELL.

EDIT: REI has a post up about this month's FT: http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2941965.html#more

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-08-03 at 00:08.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 23:28   Link #3403
gordol
Banned

新激动战机高达W Frozen Teardrop VOL.4 连锁的镇魂曲(下)
出版社: 角川书店
発売日: 2011-10-26
价格 : 714円  

・・・・・・・・・・・・・

新激动战机高达W ENDLESS WALTZ 败者的荣光 VOL.2
出版社: 角川书店
発売日: 2011-10-26
价格 : 588円  

this month's pics:

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 01:51   Link #3404
A-Crux
Áλφα-Crux///Alpha-Crux

thanks gordol for the pics!!!, I just found some of them, but LQ...

so who's the one piloting? Sabrina or Katerina?
yay for Young Dr J pic
so, Naina's uniform is red...mmmgood for me I didn't color my fanart
A-Crux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 04:04   Link #3405
Mareike

At long laaaaaaaaaaast! *victory dance* I've been without a computer for daaaays! *sob*

*cough* Anyway. Can't wait for the translations and the next chapter! Those scans are looking good! Thank you for sharing them!

Had a feeling Naina would be wearing her father's colors, too. :3 Looks lovely on her. Way back, I commented at how she's always glaring and wondered what she's glaring about, and it looks like it involves her brother (who's glancing right back at her from the corner of his eyes). Maybe it's got something to do with Ms. Winner right there?

So... Correct me if I'm wrong but the one with the full bangs and headband is Katrina, while the one with parted bangs and a cat is Sabrina? (Hmm... Zechs and Naina look more like her, btw.)

Meiran looks so cute, leaned against Wufei and all. :3

*** As for the long discussion regarding Relena (and her brother), I'll just edit this post with my reply later.

Last edited by Mareike; 2011-08-05 at 11:43.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 09:46   Link #3406
Kitsoru

Mmm dem illustrations. F-yeah pilotlena!
I'm kind of disappointed they decided to turn around and make Sabrina an exact clone of Relena, though. At least they bothered to change Katrina's hair slightly, but seriously? At least, if you might notice, they both have Zechs-platinum hair; Relena herself has a darker color more like a strawberry blonde or a light auburn.
@Mareike and A-Crux No, Sabrina is the Relena-haired one, Katrina is the one with the headband (not sure which one is in the pilotsuit but I'm guessing Katrina).

And oooof course Naina's uniform is red.
╯°A°)╯︵ ┻Asagi┻

At least J looks kinda crazy-awesome. Though from all we can see (hair etc)... my mind went straight to this guy. XD

I'm gonna wait to put these on the wiki until we have larger copies, prolly...

EDIT: I just noticed something minor that bugs me as an artist/cosplayer... Heero's hair ALWAYS has and always does go counter-clockwise (if you're facing him). But I just noticed that Asagi made his hair go clockwise in the cover art. Possibly to trick us into making him look slightly different from Heero Sr. in this chapter, since ha also has counter-clockwise hair?
I c wat u did thar, Asagi.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-08-05 at 10:39.
Old 2011-08-05, 11:37   Link #3407
Mareike

Quote:
Mmm dem illustrations. F-yeah pilotlena!
I'm kind of disappointed they decided to turn around and make Sabrina an exact clone of Relena, though. At least they bothered to change Katrina's hair slightly, but seriously? At least, if you might notice, they both have Zechs-platinum hair; Relena herself has a darker color more like a strawberry blonde or a light auburn.
@Mareike and A-Crux No, Sabrina is the Relena-haired one, Katrina is the one with the headband (not sure which one is in the pilotsuit but I'm guessing Katrina).
Aa. So Sabrina's the one with the kitty...

Somehow, I've gotten... um... used? to how everyone seems to be a "clone" of the other generation. *sigh* As I see it, Relena got something out of both sisters: Katrina's face and bangs, and Sabrina's half-pony.

As for the hair color, I may be mistaken but Katrina and Sabrina's haircolor seems to be more yellow than Zechs'.

Judging from the bangs and the whole Lightning Queen (?) thing, I'd say it's Katrina.

Quote:
And oooof course Naina's uniform is red.
╯°A°)╯︵ ┻Asagi┻
Hahaha! Red looks good on her. Something needs to be done with her hair, though. She looks too much like her dad with that hairstyle even if her bangs are visibly parted in the middle (like Sabrina's) and she supposedly has freckles - at least according to some Japanese source. Too much that it's creepy. Pull it up in a pony or something, c'mon Asagi! And cut some inches off those bangs! And then she'll end up looking like her grandaunt.

Quote:
At least J looks kinda crazy-awesome. Though from all we can see (hair etc)... my mind went straight to this guy. XD
Yeah. Though I find it strange how he went from someone who seemed tall and lean to... short and hunched-over in the series. (Reminds me of how Pinako from FMA looked when she was younger, then to what became of her when she got older...)

Quote:
EDIT: I just noticed something minor that bugs me as an artist/cosplayer... Heero's hair ALWAYS has and always does go counter-clockwise (if you're facing him). But I just noticed that Asagi made his hair go clockwise in the cover art. Possibly to trick us into making him look slightly different from Heero Sr. in this chapter, since ha also has counter-clockwise hair?
I c wat u did thar, Asagi.
Asagi did it again. *sigh*

- - - o - - -

EDIT: And this is not related to the current chapter/scans, but I was scrounging up the Japanese side of the WWW for FT info, and I came across something regarding a certain Nove Noinheim.

I've seen the name appear in the list of chars in the novel, but have not seen any info about who he is. Based from what I read it seems like he's Lucrezia and Dix-neuf's father. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by Mareike; 2011-08-06 at 09:46.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 13:42   Link #3408
Kitsoru

You'd think it would be easier for her to just give Sr. clockwise hair...

Nove, huh...? I haven't heard anything about such a person either but we are somewhat behind on translations. I wonder if it's just new a piece of fanon or something like that...
Old 2011-08-05, 13:57   Link #3409
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Noin and Dix-Neuf's real father. he was the president of the Concern. According to father, he was an "stereotypical market principle advocate/ideologist".
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 14:00   Link #3410
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Noin and Dix-Neuf's real father. he was the president of the Concern. According to father, he was an "stereotypical market principle advocate/ideologist".
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks Deacon! So was he the one who first advocated Martian terraformation? (I kinda get that impression from Father's quote..?)
Old 2011-08-05, 17:35   Link #3411
Kitsoru

(Making a new post to bump the thread up :P)
Just got my Gundam Ace:
-W Concierge coverpage is Tallgeese
-A new 1/100 MG model which is is.. a suit that I don't recognize at all O_o Serial code AMMS-01. The painting and artillary looks very similar to Heavyarms, yet it has the typical 'one-eyed' head of a grunt suit, definitely not a Gundam. At first I thought it was a Serpant but I'm not sure. Any ideas...? I'll post the photo in a bit.
-Pictures of the various different Gundam Wing modelkits that have come out over the years, and more pics of Heavyarms Ka. Looks like some Wing kitbash/custom model photos too..
-Unpainted preview photos of Sandrock Ka.
-An overview of the plot of Endless Waltz

FT and GotD:
-The illustrations posted above are all the illustrations for this month's FT
-GotD features the rest of the flashback to Wufei's ep 0, and Wufei vs Noin (and the ever infamous yelling at wolves scene ).
-Shenlong's new sword weapon is actually thrown, more than used as a sword... so I'm not sure what to make of it
Old 2011-08-05, 17:45   Link #3412
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

YEAHHHHH

Thanks for all the scans and news of more stuff to come!
Super excited to see Meilan again.

...Won't even say anything about Asagi. =___=;;; (I LOVED HER ART IN BLIND TARGET. WHAT HAPPENED TO HER????)
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 17:55   Link #3413
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
...Won't even say anything about Asagi. =___=;;; (I LOVED HER ART IN BLIND TARGET. WHAT HAPPENED TO HER????)
Psh she was just as bad in BT, she just didn't have as much room/time to prove it

Here's the photo of the mystery MS being made into a MG kit:
Spoiler for Under the spoiler:

Anyone care about the W Concierge pic or Sandrock previews? Otherwise I'll edit in a bit to add this month's rankings and anything else of interest.
EDIT:
-Tallgeese III is getting a Robot Spirits model

Rankings:
-Heero down to 5 from 4; Duo at 15
-Relena at 13
-Wing ZERO Custom up to 9 from 14
Old 2011-08-05, 19:39   Link #3414
Aldaeus

Quote:
Psh she was just as bad in BT, she just didn't have as much room/time to prove it

Here's the photo of the mystery MS being made into a MG kit:
Spoiler for Under the spoiler:
If i'm reading the katakana of the name right it translates into the AMMS - 01 Peace Breaker

Also judging by just the sheer amount of firepower its packing i think it can do its job just fine... and it will get a very large fine for breaking the peace...

However judging on its appearance and the number of weapons it has I'd say it looks more like a kit bash of the old 1/100 scale HG's of the MMS-01 and the Heavyarms Custom.

Edit:
However it could just be a serious upgrade to the Serpent as a heavy support weapons platform

Last edited by Aldaeus; 2011-08-05 at 19:40. Reason: Additional information
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 20:07   Link #3415
Kitsoru

LOL Peace Breaker, huh? Well.. then it's certainly new alright, but then what the heck is it from? We haven't seen any such thing in the novel yet... Is it from Tiel's Impulse or G-Unit or something?
Old 2011-08-05, 20:21   Link #3416
Aldaeus

I dont remember it being in G-Unit or Tiel's Impulse... possibly something coming in the not so distant future in Glory? If they run it all the way through Endless Waltz up to Frozen Teardrop they'll be covering the Mariemaia Rebellion.
Old 2011-08-05, 20:32   Link #3417
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
I dont remember it being in G-Unit or Tiel's Impulse... possibly something coming in the not so distant future in Glory? If they run it all the way through Endless Waltz up to Frozen Teardrop they'll be covering the Mariemaia Rebellion.
Ahh, true.. I just don't get why they'd preview it now, though; not to mention unlike all the other models this one's finished form just suddenly appeared, without any uncolored previews or anything. I'm just kinda stumped.
Old 2011-08-05, 21:17   Link #3418
Aldaeus

Quote:
Ahh, true.. I just don't get why they'd preview it now, though; not to mention unlike all the other models this one's finished form just suddenly appeared, without any uncolored previews or anything. I'm just kinda stumped.
Likewise and until someone who's more well versed in Japanese than myself can read through it and tell us exactly what it is beyond the name (Note I'm still learning and that name required significant double checking to several dictionaries and reference charts) So anyone feel like telling us exactly what it is beyond the Name... also I've never heard the Pre part (AM) for an MS in the A.C. Unless it stands for Artillery Mariemaia Mobile Suit (AMMS) which would basically back up the thought that it could be a heavy support version of the Serpent, and since the Barton Foundation produced both Heavyarms and the Serpents it is using tech they already had...
Old 2011-08-05, 22:09   Link #3419
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
It's a kitbash... it's not appearing in anything.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 23:34   Link #3420
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
It's a kitbash... it's not appearing in anything.
Ahh.. that would explain it.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing