AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 22:51   Link #841
Who

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...195904653.html

Expect his nickname to be 'd'oh!' in the future.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 23:46   Link #842
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

any known ways to get the dark brotherhood after you?
Old 2011-11-18, 00:30   Link #843
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I'm a thief with stealth+bow+2 one hand+ light amour. Should i join DB? I know they are like assassin guild. But do they counts as "good guy" in this game? Will I have to slit innocent's throat and be hunted by town guards days and nights?

Haven't steal anything much in this game, back in Fallout 2, there was once when i literally went halfway with stealing everything that every NPC had. From flowers to random rocks. Graduated from a thief to a model citizen now....

...unless, should i join the DB?
The rewards are good, however. You should do their quest for 2x sneak dmg gloves, combined with 15x perk you'll have 30x sneak damage bonus. Also I'm not really sure what you mean by being hunted by guards. You do realize that in this game if you kill someone, and no one sees it, no one is going to know it happened unlike in Oblivion? Of course if you'd prefer to kill your target out in the open in the marketplace it's another story... -_-
Old 2011-11-18, 01:32   Link #844
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Sounds like a good place where i will enjoy to butcher them then. Tell me the location of their 'den' so i will go there when i get a bit stronger
DB is positively, absolutely fun. I recommend it for people that prefer sneaking and lockpicking over punching and shouting things to death.

As for the quest start, you have to ask an innkeeper for recent rumors. You'll hear about a lad in Windhelm trying to eprform the sacrament so he can contact the DB. You sue that to your advantage, so you can go see him and do him a favor.

After the quest, you just sleep in a bed. Afterwards you'll be teleported to a nice little shack, aptly named 'abandoned shack'.

After that it'll be child's play to get to their sanctuary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
any known ways to get the dark brotherhood after you?
My Orc character got a khajiit DB assassin. It said someone wanted Bearbug (my orc) dead. It was on my way to Ivorstead, at the base of The Throat of the World. I think its a random encounter, since around the same spot my dunmer saw those two alik'r redguards asking about that one lass. Stating how it couldn't have been her because the lack of the scar. I also accidentally aggro'd Anise on her farm so you may have to trigger it by killing a passive NPC. I'd recommend a lone one though.. The khaajit was surprising tough for a fragile speedster.

I'm trying to recreate the scenario, I'll pm you if I manage something.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:19   Link #845
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
The rewards are good, however. You should do their quest for 2x sneak dmg gloves, combined with 15x perk you'll have 30x sneak damage bonus. Also I'm not really sure what you mean by being hunted by guards. You do realize that in this game if you kill someone, and no one sees it, no one is going to know it happened unlike in Oblivion? Of course if you'd prefer to kill your target out in the open in the marketplace it's another story... -_-
This is why video games are evil i guess....

Not murdering innocent characters or 2x sneak gloves... harder to choose than you thought
Old 2011-11-18, 03:09   Link #846
Dist

If it's anything like Oblivion, most of the time they're not really innocent. They've done something awful to get enemies, who then want them dead so they hire DB to do the job.
Old 2011-11-18, 03:23   Link #847
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Some of us Morrowind players have colored perceptions about the Dark Brotherhood due to the Morag Tong... MW really played up the DB as evil.
Old 2011-11-18, 03:25   Link #848
Dist

Evil? Sure. Killing is never right. But their targets are hardly innocent either.
Old 2011-11-18, 03:38   Link #849
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Evil? Sure. Killing is never right. But their targets are hardly innocent either.
I can't say anything about Oblivion's use of the Dark Brotherhood. But most people from Morrowind don't like them on account of being one of their targets in Tribunal.
Old 2011-11-18, 03:44   Link #850
Rahan

I loved them.
Their armor was excellent and it was expensive enough to solve all your money problems in the early game.

Anyways, I liked the DB best in Daggerfall.
In Oblivion, they were a bunch of complete retards with a retarded mythology (except the orc who didn't understand the concept of stealth. He was totally awesome)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:59   Link #851
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Got a question. Does your character's race affect how people treat you in the game?
Old 2011-11-18, 04:02   Link #852
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The dark brotherhood usually have the best/coolest missions, but the whole worshiping death part rubs me the wrong way and I don't like being associated with loonies... And once in awhile I get a hit that bothers me morally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Got a question. Does your character's race affect how people treat you in the game?
Yes, nobody likes elves and lizards

No seriously, it can get a little race-y, though it doesn't bother me since I'm a Breton... Until I put on that Elven Sword then the guards started to sound like prats.

"What? Nord steel not good enough for you ?"

NO. They're ugly and heavy.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:04   Link #853
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Despite only going through my first playthrough, I think there is a difference, though mostly in conversation. For instance, some NPC's will treat you better if you're a Nord and make reference to it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:17   Link #854
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Despite only going through my first playthrough, I think there is a difference, though mostly in conversation. For instance, some NPC's will treat you better if you're a Nord and make reference to it.
I also read the High Elves in this game are haughty and look down on the other races. Also if you kill one, even if that High elf was evil, they hunt you down for killing one of their own!

So if i played a High Elf who killed an evil High Elf, are the other High Elves gonna call me a no good traitor for killing one of their own?
Old 2011-11-18, 05:33   Link #855
killer3000ad

Kotaku has a cheap and easy exploit you can abuse at the very start of the game, by beating up on the first NPC you meet after the dragon attack on Helgen.
http://kotaku.com/5860665/skyrims-ea...acter-you-meet
Old 2011-11-18, 07:21   Link #856
User190323
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Kotaku has a cheap and easy exploit you can abuse at the very start of the game, by beating up on the first NPC you meet after the dragon attack on Helgen.
http://kotaku.com/5860665/skyrims-ea...acter-you-meet
You can also do that with some other "immortal" npc's
User190323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 08:05   Link #857
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Lets just say if their contact was capable of killing the person and get away with it, they would do it them selfs. but when they can,t they call the brotherhood.
Old 2011-11-18, 08:16   Link #858
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

is this pic real?

Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 08:24   Link #859
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
is this pic real?

Shadowmare on the right. A psychotic violent horse with crazy regeneration. Unfortunately no longer immortal like she was in Oblivion.

The one the on the left is likely one of those unique armours I heard about.
Old 2011-11-18, 08:31   Link #860
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I was so close on joing the DB , and the thief guilds.

Killed the nanny The Kind, got the first thief quest. But then i felt sorry for the lizard (who will be thrown in jail if it was the thief or killed if it was the DB), so reload the whole thing, went down the sewage and slaughtered any of the thief guilds members, who's aggressive enough to attack me.

So decided to be a model citizen in the end..

PS: btw what is the advantage of dual weapons? More damage when press two buttons in the same time? Also how to activate other shouts? I only have the first 2 atm.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim