AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-19, 21:12   Link #1
Miraluka
Banned

Sengoku Basara: Judge End [Anticipation]

Sengoku Basara Franchise Has New TV Anime Project in the Works

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-in-the-works

I'm not sure to call this a thrid since since the the fourth game is some kind of remake of the first game.
Old 2014-01-19, 21:42   Link #2
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It's PARTY TIME
Old 2014-01-20, 03:27   Link #3
kuromitsu

PARTY TIME as long as my boy Yukimura (and the rest of the Takeda, although I'm not holding my breath for Shingen... Sasuke is popular enough, though) is not sidelined like in the new game. It's bad enough that Mitsunari usurped his position as poster boy and Masamune's rival (damn you Capcom!), and Sakon looks and acts like Yukimura's and Keiji's love child, I couldn't bear to see an anime where Yukimura is relegated to the sidelines. :/

(Realistically I know that's what I should expect, though... still, hope dies last.)

(When I get the game I'm going to make Yukimura kick Sakon's and Mitsunari's asses so, so much...)
Old 2014-01-20, 03:31   Link #4
AntonKutovoi

I expect both Masamune and Yukimura to go support this time, since main characters are supposed to be Sakon and Katsuie. Though final battle probably still going to be Masamune vs Yoshiteru.
Old 2014-01-20, 03:39   Link #5
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I expect both Masamune and Yukimura to go support this time, since main characters are supposed to be Sakon and Katsuie. Though final battle probably still going to be Masamune vs Yoshiteru.
You don't seriously expect Masamune to be a support character. He's practically the face of the franchise.

That said, I wouldn't mind if he got less screentime than in S1-S2-movie. I like him a lot and all, he's great fun, but I'm getting a bit of a Masamune overload.

Also, I forgot to write my most important wish, aside of Yukimura not being sidelined: the music. Whatever this anime will be, I want Sawano Hiroyuki to do the music. His work for the previous SB anime was nothing short of absolutely awesome.
Old 2014-01-20, 03:43   Link #6
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
You don't seriously expect Masamune to be a support character. He's practically the face of the franchise.

That said, I wouldn't mind if he got less screentime than in S1-S2-movie. I like him a lot and all, he's great fun, but I'm getting a bit of a Masamune overload.

Also, I forgot to write my most important wish, aside of Yukimura not being sidelined: the music. Whatever this anime will be, I want Sawano Hiroyuki to do the music. His work for the previous SB anime was nothing short of absolutely awesome.
Yeah, while I didn't particulary liked SB anime, apart from the first season, (especially "My Little Sekigahara: Friendship is Magic" movie), the music was definetely great in it. If they won't bring Sawano my hype for it will go almost zero (I want a new great theme for Yoshiteru. ).
Old 2014-01-20, 03:52   Link #7
kuromitsu

Quote:
"My Little Sekigahara: Friendship is Magic"
Oh my god, that title.
Aww, I liked the movie a lot, it was hilarious in all the right ways. My sour point of the anime series is the second half of S2 that went way too angsty for a show of this kind, and also made me annoyed with Masamune/the Date army - I know he's the main character and all but defeating Hideyoshi alone like that was too much, especially with Keiji being KO'd and all. Damn it Masamune, let Keiji deal with his own ex-friend.
Old 2014-03-16, 06:01   Link #8
AntonKutovoi

So it's gonna be called Sengoku BASARA: Judge End and will cover events of Sengoku Basara 3

I do wonder how it will ve related to the Last Party movie, though, since a number of imortant events happened there. Guess it simply will be removed from continiuty.
Old 2014-03-16, 06:11   Link #9
kuromitsu

*glares at Mitsunari so hard*

*glares some more*

(damn usurper... If I ever get to play SB4 I'll so kick your ass...)

(at least it's not based on SB4, then...)

And at least Yukimura is still there on the poster, I guess I should be happy about that. As a Yukimura fan it really pains me that I need to lower my expectations like this... :/ Also, if this covers SB3 I wonder what they're going to do with Yukimura, he's already done the navel-gazing and angst that he does in SB3 in the second series, and had the "Red & Blue forever" thing with Masamune in the movie... (not that I wouldn't want to see more of that, there can't ever be enough of those two )

Quote:
I do wonder how it will ve related to the Last Party movie, though, since a number of imortant events happened there. Guess it simply will be removed from continiuty.
Perhaps this show will be treated as a "new start" like with SB4? Or maybe this story will be set x years after the movie, and the narration will go "well, things looked promising back then but stuff happened and now we're back to everyone fighting".

Also, I'm anxiously awaiting news on the staff. Please let them hire Sawano again, please let them hire Sawano again, please let them hire Sawano again...
Old 2014-03-16, 06:34   Link #10
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Also, I'm anxiously awaiting news on the staff. Please let them hire Sawano again, please let them hire Sawano again, please let them hire Sawano again...
Sawano has been so subpar lately I wouldn't mind a change in composer.
Old 2014-03-16, 06:55   Link #11
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Sawano has been so subpar lately I wouldn't mind a change in composer.
I would. My opinion on your opinion on Sawano being sub-par aside, the first three Basara anime and Sawano were an awesome combination, even if the anime had been pure crap the music alone would've been worth it. Hell, some of the character themes work better than many character songs I've heard. Hopefully this new series will be more in the vein of S1 and the movie and not be dragged down by angst (not so sure about that, though, with Mitsunari being a main character, and Yukimura's SB3 story), so hopefully Sawano can just let go and be as shameless as he can. :3
Old 2014-03-16, 07:15   Link #12
AntonKutovoi

I wonder, who will be "the main boss" this time. If it's Mitsunai, I hope that he will receive the same treatment as Nobunaga and Hideyoshi in terms of music. Sawano's best pieces of music are his "villians" themes.
Old 2014-03-16, 07:18   Link #13
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It would be a new series. Slated for Summer 2014. Series supervisor of S1, S2 and the movie will take a director position and they changed studio from Production I.G. to Telecom Animation Films for some reason.
Old 2014-03-16, 07:54   Link #14
kuromitsu

Quote:
I wonder, who will be "the main boss" this time. If it's Mitsunai, I hope that he will receive the same treatment as Nobunaga and Hideyoshi in terms of music. Sawano's best pieces of music are his "villians" themes.
If it's based on SB3 I suppose Mitsunari will be the main antagonist, but I don't think they'd want to give him a full villain treatment (he's the new poster boy, after all *hiss, hiss*). That doesn't mean he can't get an awesome theme, though.

But oh man, I'm so not looking forward to all that angst. I hope they won't cut the fun characters. (Sourin! give me Sourin!)
Old 2014-03-16, 08:36   Link #15
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I would. My opinion on your opinion on Sawano being sub-par aside, the first three Basara anime and Sawano were an awesome combination, even if the anime had been pure crap the music alone would've been worth it. Hell, some of the character themes work better than many character songs I've heard.
Really how good Sawano was for S1, S2 and the Last Party is pretty irrelevant for this upcoming season outside of a few throwback/remixed themes. It's not 09-11 where he was at the top of his game, and if he's putting out piss poor efforts for a big property like Kyojin and something like KLK.... (Hopefully X is decent though it obviously won't touch Xenoblade's score...) Oh well we'll see, maybe he'll return to form like Iwasaki has recently.
Old 2014-03-16, 08:46   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Really how good Sawano was for S1, S2 and the Last Party is pretty irrelevant for this upcoming season outside of a few throwback/remixed themes. It's not 09-11 where he was at the top of his game, and if he's putting out piss poor efforts for a big property like Kyojin and something like KLK.... (Hopefully X is decent though it obviously won't touch Xenoblade's score...) Oh well we'll see, maybe he'll return to form like Iwasaki has recently.
Probably he just needs the right anime . IMO his work for Gundam Unicorn is spectacular, Sengoku Basara is great, Attack on Titan is good, and Kill la Kill is not bad, *trying very hard to forget everything about Guilty Crown* . Maybe he did a piss poor job for Kyojin & KLK for his standard, but that‘s still way better than some generic scoring the anime industry has to offer, so I'm fine with that.
Old 2014-03-16, 09:57   Link #17
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

OMG HOW IS THIS TRUE.

*prepares a NEET schedule*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-07-06, 00:56   Link #18
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Licensed by Funimation.
Old 2014-07-06, 16:37   Link #19
kuromitsu

I still haven't gotten around watching this (arrrgh), but apparently Sawano is not doing the music, baaaww. Also, I hear it's really dramatic, which is meh because I'm not into Sengoku Basara for the drama (dammit, Mitsunari)... but I keep hoping against hope that the new anime original character will brighten things up. Man, I so wasn't looking forward to the SB3 angst.
Old 2014-07-07, 22:12   Link #20
Hedd
Random Object

Any idea if this is planning on being streamed by Funi at all?