Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-26, 16:01   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Consequently, someone like Luffy (say, Boa) would be more than sufficient to operate Whitebeard's corpse.

Well, if it's Haki users we're talking about here..... maybe Moria could use the shadow of somebody like Shanks or Rayleigh, as far-fetched as it may sound? The latter is actually quite possible IMO, as he's living a quiet, relatively peaceful existence as a ship-coater in Sabaody (and is therefore more likely to be caught off-guard)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabianLuffy View Post
so I wonder who's gonna take WB position?

Buggy, duh. But it'll just be a temporary position until he becomes Pirate God.
Old 2010-01-26, 16:03   Link #22
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yeah, but there's no denying there are better candidates out there than rookie pirates.
I did not explain myself clearly enough. Luffy's inexperience does not matter in this case; rather all that matters is his strength of will - his disposition. In that respect he is no mere Supernova (which is a fairly useless title), considering that he has an extremely uncommon power (something Whitebeard also seems to have).

Quote:
Another thing we haven't seen is a zombie with the power of a DF. Would it even be possible for WB's corpse to utilize his quake powers?
I was wondering about that myself. I'm going to say no, mostly because it has been said that there can only be 1 DF power at a time, but the same power can appear later on, consequently, I have always assumed that when a DF-user dies, the corpse loses the power of their fruit (their body returns to normal) and the DF is allowed to re-emerge wherever it comes from on the Grand Line.
Old 2010-01-26, 16:25   Link #23
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Buggy, duh. But it'll just be a temporary position until he becomes Pirate God.
lol so true ;P

seriously, how Marco and Ace gonna deal with that?
Old 2010-01-26, 16:35   Link #24
'Pryde
I am better than you

are thier any certain special powers buddha's are said to have that oda might give sengoku?
Old 2010-01-26, 17:17   Link #25
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Fascinating...
Old 2010-01-26, 17:35   Link #26
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I think I know what approach Oda is going to take with Whitebeard's death. He's going to make it end like the Blackbeard vs. Ace fight, where we don't see the actual conclusion. In doing so, Oda won't show Whitebeard getting killed off in the present time. Sometime subsequent to his death, we'll see the marines announcing this world breaking news.

If Oda does this (which he most likely will), he'll be adhering to his "significant characters only die in flashbacks/the past" rule.
I still think he is not going to die, just be put in a coma and sent away into the sidelines for the rest of the story.

Sorry guys, but it is hard to think that after all these years and after all of those missed opportunities, Oda would suddenly change.
Old 2010-01-26, 18:12   Link #27
Rainbowman

My review: Ace and Luffy fighting through the Marines to escape. Squado clears the path. And Whitebeard is wanting to stay behind. I wonder how Ace and Luffy would deal with that? Also who would fill Whitebeard's place as Yonkou?
Old 2010-01-26, 18:20   Link #28
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

As suspected, a honorable sacrifice by Whitebeard. This may also mean, he had to hold back his strength to avoid hurting his sons/daughters...So, the escape would be a gigantic one.

And in the public eyes, WG will be satisfied by getting rid of only Whitebeard instead of Ace or any other...

Now, the next questions to be answered? What is Dragon thinking? And where are the rest of the Strawhats, right now...

Of course, with Whitebeard possibly gone, the balance will be shifted once again, in the new world.
Old 2010-01-26, 18:21   Link #29
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I was wondering about that myself. I'm going to say no, mostly because it has been said that there can only be 1 DF power at a time, but the same power can appear later on, consequently, I have always assumed that when a DF-user dies, the corpse loses the power of their fruit (their body returns to normal) and the DF is allowed to re-emerge wherever it comes from on the Grand Line.
I've always been wondering, where exactly was that said? I marathoned through the first 400 or so chapters and don't remember reading that at all. x_x

Though it's not out yet, I'm glad that it looks like we won't be wasting any time ending this battle. Ace isn't in the Marine's hands anymore so it's time to go. I like the way Oda's thinking.
Old 2010-01-26, 18:32   Link #30
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I've always been wondering, where exactly was that said? I marathoned through the first 400 or so chapters and don't remember reading that at all. x_x

Though it's not out yet, I'm glad that it looks like we won't be wasting any time ending this battle. Ace isn't in the Marine's hands anymore so it's time to go. I like the way Oda's thinking.
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_48

scroll down to page 166; there's also some hinting of a certain doctor
Old 2010-01-26, 18:38   Link #31
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
As Jaieni says, Oda mentions in an SBS that no 2 Devil Fruit powers can exist at the same time, but powers can reemerge over time. Consequently, we can assume that if a corpse retains the abilities, then the power would not be able to reemerge, so corpses must not retain the powers since we know that the power reemerge later.
Old 2010-01-26, 20:44   Link #32
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i do hope Oda give WB the proper sending off. in that i mean a real death. we don't have to see the moment like with Merry but, WB is an icon in the OP world and it would be feel wrong if he does just stay in some coma or something like that.

what i was thinking was that WB uses his power and distrys everything around so that everyone can escape. i remember in a an earlier chaper he said sorry to the ss moby dick whne it was distroyed so he joins it at the bottom of the ocean. pacifistas all wiped out with a single attack.

we might actully see what happend after Rogers death happen here. the crew splitting up and some staying togther. look at Shanks, he is now a Yonko.
Old 2010-01-26, 20:53   Link #33
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Anyone else feel like Time Skip (Short or long going to happen)....

Quote:
As Jaieni says, Oda mentions in an SBS that no 2 Devil Fruit powers can exist at the same time, but powers can reemerge over time. Consequently, we can assume that if a corpse retains the abilities, then the power would not be able to reemerge, so corpses must not retain the powers since we know that the power reemerge later.
Dr.Vegapunk can make it happen (not have a devil fruit power leave its corpse.

I honestly think no one will be able to fill the shoes of white beard immediately, which is what trigger the new era. The balance of power has been destabilized, because one of the Yonkuu is out of the picture. That means whitebeard's power sphere is up for grabs, and the marines have taken heavy losses.
Old 2010-01-26, 23:32   Link #34
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
After all other pirates escape except WB, Luffy will just stretch his arms and drag Whitebeard like what happened when Luffy dragged Usopp to the Thousand Sunny.
Old 2010-01-26, 23:55   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
After all other pirates escape except WB, Luffy will just stretch his arms and drag Whitebeard like what happened when Luffy dragged Usopp to the Thousand Sunny.

Luffy's newest technique: Gomu Gomu no..... COP-OUT!
Old 2010-01-27, 00:12   Link #36
andy

well pics out luffy and ace are just destroying the marines lol.
Just saw some more pics lol at luffy and ace.
Old 2010-01-27, 00:38   Link #37
marvelB

Now that the pics are out, I can address something that had me slightly confuzzled when the summary came out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
According to the Japanese text spoilers, the title is literally written in English.

Yeah, that's definitely the chapter's title, all right. Heh, I think that's Oda's best English chapter title since "Pants from Franky House".

Anyway, I see that Ace has a little scuffle with Aokiji in those pics, so the fans got their wish of a battle between fire & ice. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing some more action from Sengoku. Now that Whitebeard's taking on the marines solo, maybe Big Papa Buddha will take the opportunity to reveal that he has more up his sleeve than simply growing to large proportions. Maybe there's still a chance that he has a karma-based attack, as I've speculated upon in the past......

Edit: Well, aohige's translated the pics..... I found this piece of dialogue particularly amusing:

Quote:
Sengoku: What a disgrace...!! How could I let this happen, with me here!!
Marine: Fleet Admiral!!
Doflamingo: Heh heh heh.... Let them go. It's more fun that way.
Momonga: Don't be silly!!

I love how Doflamingo's willing to let the guys escape. BTW, it looks like Marco will finally be freed from his seastone cuffs, but I see no sign of Jozu.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-01-27 at 01:03.
Old 2010-01-27, 03:17   Link #38
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And here I expected to see WB piling up marines then getting hit by the three admirals and Sengoku at the same time...as for the captain seat of his crew, it will probably be the newly-rescued Ace who can compete against his brother in this race, but that's just me.
Old 2010-01-27, 03:22   Link #39
seiji_kun

Damn, one hell of a chapter. Those pictures of Ace and Luffy fighting/standing side to side are just of the hook. Well Squad and WB's actions were predictable but it doesn't make it any less cooler. I'm hoping at a twist to still and like Rurik, Oda's trackrecord makes me sceptical whether WB will die or not and at this point I wouldn't mind seeing him live.

WB's last stand, kind of wondering how Oda will go with it. Last chapters put him in such a bad light that you'd think he wouldn't have a chance against all those marines. Time to see what you're really made of WB, at least I hope cause I do hope he doesn't do like Ace vs BB. If he dies, it should happen on panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
That would just make me lmao. WB ready to go all out and Luffy just pulls him with them. Sorry ol' man, Ace doesn't want you to die.
Old 2010-01-27, 03:26   Link #40
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

I'm underwhelmed at the Marines this entire arc, especially the Shichibukai (they hardly did anything noteworthy), but other than that good stuff.

Now I want to see more of Strawhat Crew's whereabouts. :x
Closed Thread