AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-28, 12:11   Link #81
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I hope we get a couple of chapters of flashbacks. I really wanna know more about his past. I mean come on, if Lucci can get a flashback, why not the living legend himself??
Old 2010-01-28, 13:13   Link #82
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Croc: get some water and they can do plenty to hurt croc
boa: congrats she can hurt them... doesn't mean it will be easy to beat them outright
Jimbei: don't recall his punch being compared to gear 3; though i would point out it took a large combo of powerful attacks in addition to a gear 3 to finally knocked down one of them...
Doflamingo: but how many? Px's can fight in packs
Moria: i do wonder if they are human enough for that to work on them? would they fall into a coma, or are they too much machine? and i do wonder how those beams of light would effect his shadows
Mihawk: now that's plain speculation
Are you serious with this reply?

You do know that even with Croc's weakness, that still doesn't guarantee victory, right? Reread Croc vs. Luffy round 2. And it's not like water is going to be accessible all the time. That depends on the location. Furthermore, I'm not sure if they're smart enough to figure out Croc's weakness.

Boa destroys the PX's. The manga supports this, so don't try to refute this.

Jimbei knocked out one of the beast guards at Impel Down with a swift uppercut, while it took Luffy a Gear 3 punch to do the same. Nuff said.

Doflamingo controls one PX and has it attack the rest. He's also shown himself to be quite agile when Oars Jr. tried to smash him, followed by him leaping high into the air and cutting off Oars Jr's leg. Maybe he can also do that to the pacifistas.

Moria making the pacifistas fall into a coma is questionable. However, we do know that they are part human, because they do bleed after all. And if the battle takes place during the day, the pacifistas will be disintegrated by the sun if they lose their shadows.

Mihawk will have no trouble whatsoever with a pacifista, or group for that matter. If Zoro was able to cut the real Kuma on the shoulder, then Mihawk is going to wreck the pacifistas with his destructive cutting power.

Quote:
and yet at the same time...
Couldn't kuma send ANY of the other warlord's flying with his powers? Couldn't Blackbeard suck up ANY of the warlord's and crush them within himself? Couldn't Doflamingo take control of the bodies of ANY of the warlord's? I mean if you consider the PX's so much weaker because they might fall prey to those abilities then aren't the other warlord's also weak for falling prey to the same abilities?
From what we've seen, the warlords seem to know about each other's abilities to an extent. Jimbei knew that salt was the weakness to Moria's zombies, Moria didn't answer Kuma's question because he knew how Kuma's ability works, etc. Beyond this knowledge, the warlords are intelligent and they actually evade attacks that they perceive as really dangerous, unlike the pacifistas.

Quote:
it's practically a self-defeating argument... not to mention the usual, just because A>B and C>A, doesn't mean C>A (as in even if the PX would loose to a warlord does not mean they would loose to other new world pirate of similar level)... really this just illustrates how things are not as simple as you try to make them appear; especially when you're dealing some of the more hax powers... hell half the time they aren't used seems to be because of plot
I didn't say or imply any of this. I know that One Piece doesn't follow a linear progression of power. There are a lot of rock-paper-scissors scenarios.
Old 2010-01-28, 14:12   Link #83
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
I agree that a lot of their abilities are kinda hax though. Especially Kuma's and Blackbeard's. Actually, in chapter 474, when Kuma asks Moria "If you were to go on vacation, where would you like to go?", Moria replies with "Hey cut that out...! I know how your power works!! Are you here for a fight!?". That kind of implies there could be a way to simply avoid being teleported by Kuma, other than avoiding his paws.
He can't but as soon as Kuma will sent him flying, he will swap with Doppelman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I wouldn't go quite that far, especially considering that we still do not know how his teleportation thingie works...
Teleportation isn't the only thing his DF can do.
He can launch Intangible Attaks( like he did on Franky and the Pirates of the ugly woman who wants to be married).
He can transfer a serious amount of damage into someone(like with Zoro), gods only know from how many damage Kuma extracted from his enemies previous fight that he keept stocked and can unleash whenever he wants.
That also in an Intangible Attack(can't be blocked).
He can Repel ANYTHING, even Intangible stuff.
He can also spam Ursus Shocks.
LOL, I forgot his Lazer.

Quote:
Moria could immobilize him and take his shadow, though I doubt Moria could pierce a PX-series armor.
You must be jocking.

Quote:
-Crocodile would be immune to most of his attacks (don't know what a lazer would do to sand in the One Piece universe).
Not to his Intangible Attacks.
Besides, Perona and her Ghosts got Repeled by Kuma.
Those Ghosts are Intangible so he could do the same with Croc.

Quote:
-Boa can can already destroy the PX body, and she is nimble enough to dodge lazers, so she should be able to dodge most of the Paw Paw attacks (besides large scale AoE attacks).
She hasn't show any Speed feats, he'll rape her.

Quote:
-Jinbei...well Kuma could probably take Jinbei.

Quote:
-Mihawk - can cut through steel (whether it just be his actual ability (which you refuse to believe) or because of his sword) so he could probably cut throgh the PX armor.
Yeah but Kuma's lot harder than Steel and Mihawk can't even scratch Diamond.

Quote:
Additinally, he has long-, mid-, and short-range attacks (some could probably classified as AoE), so Mihawk can match any of Kuma's attack.
Not even in his badest dream.
When Mihawk will launch his Slash, Kuma will effortlessly Repel it.

Quote:
And we already know that Mihawk is fast.
Not enough to tag Kuma, the only people in Kuma's Speed League are Kizaru and Enel.

Quote:
-Blackbeard...unknown.
Being a BB-tard, it was hard for me to admit it but Kuma > BB.
We know BB can nullify DFs by contact but Kuma's a Cyborg so it won't work on him.
BB only weakness is Pain and from Zoro's experience we know that Kuma can inflict a lot off it.

Quote:
-Doflamingo...unknown.
I believe that Kuma is faster than Dofla's Fingers so he wins, otherwise it's Dofla cuz nobody can snap out off his control.
Old 2010-01-28, 14:47   Link #84
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
He can't but as soon as Kuma will sent him flying, he will swap with Doppelman.

Teleportation isn't the only thing his DF can do.
He can launch Intangible Attaks( like he did on Franky and the Pirates of the ugly woman who wants to be married).
He can transfer a serious amount of damage into someone(like with Zoro), gods only know from how many damage Kuma extracted from his enemies previous fight that he keept stocked and can unleash whenever he wants.
That also in an Intangible Attack(can't be blocked).
He can Repel ANYTHING, even Intangible stuff.
He can also spam Ursus Shocks.
LOL, I forgot his Lazer.

You must be jocking.

Not to his Intangible Attacks.
Besides, Perona and her Ghosts got Repeled by Kuma.
Those Ghosts are Intangible so he could do the same with Croc.

She hasn't show any Speed feats, he'll rape her.

Yeah but Kuma's lot harder than Steel and Mihawk can't even scratch Diamond.

Not even in his badest dream.
When Mihawk will launch his Slash, Kuma will effortlessly Repel it.

Not enough to tag Kuma, the only people in Kuma's Speed League are Kizaru and Enel.

Being a BB-tard, it was hard for me to admit it but Kuma > BB.
We know BB can nullify DFs by contact but Kuma's a Cyborg so it won't work on him.
BB only weakness is Pain and from Zoro's experience we know that Kuma can inflict a lot off it.

I believe that Kuma is faster than Dofla's Fingers so he wins, otherwise it's Dofla cuz nobody can snap out off his control.

You need to read the manga again, kuma can not take on all the warlords the same time, in fact he would have trouble fighting just one.

If a half dead zoro can dodge and evade his attacks most of the warlords can do the same. Also kuma never repel the ghost i just check the manga . He just teleport perona .
Also kuma moving from point to A to B fast does not mean he can kick or punch as fast .

Enel can move from A to B fast but base luffy could kept up with his attacks and dodge them
Kizaru can move from A to B fast but Dark King was able to kept up with his attacks and dodge them.

Getting from A to B fast does not equal better reflexes,punch and kicking speed and dodging ability .
Old 2010-01-28, 14:48   Link #85
ZeroForever

opinion opinion bullshit opinion etc...

can we not have this thread turn into another 'VS' thread please.

Opinions on the chapter -
Decent chapter though it was quite predicatable what was going to happen (but such is shounen) oda could throw a plot twist but it honestly it feels like it's wrapping up. Side note... is it just me or did they just leave Mr.3 in the middle of the marines while they ran off... what douches...
Old 2010-01-28, 14:57   Link #86
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
You need to read the manga again, kuma can not take on all the warlords the same time, in fact he would have trouble fighting just one.
That's what you think.

Quote:
If a half dead zoro can dodge and evade his attacks most of the warlords can do the same.
He was off guard and he wasn't even trying when he faced the SHs.
If he went all out, none of them would be alive rite now.

Quote:
Also kuma never repel the ghost i just check the manga . He just teleport perona .
I'll check the manga.

Quote:
Also kuma moving from point to A to B fast does not mean he can kick or punch as fast .

Enel can move from A to B fast but base luffy could kept up with his attacks and dodge them
Kizaru can move from A to B fast but Dark King was able to kept up with his attacks and dodge them.

Getting from A to B fast does not equal better reflexes,punch and kicking speed and dodging ability .
This, I agree with but none of them can still damage him, let alone tag him.
Old 2010-01-28, 15:02   Link #87
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
That's what you think.
No, see, that is what you think. You have no actual proof (mostly because there has never been a fight between Kuma and the other Shichibukai), so simply stating that Kuma can own all is simple favoritism. The only single known individual that can beat any other individual in the series is Shirohige, every other potential fight, unless it has already occured, is supposition on our parts.

Please do not confuse opinion with fact.

Besides, it wouldn't make any sense for their to be one Shichibukai that could defeat all the other Shichibukai...
Old 2010-01-28, 15:20   Link #88
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
No, see, that is what you think. You have no actual proof.
The Manga is my proof and based on what they have done I stand correct:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...6&postcount=84

Quote:
mostly because there has never been a fight between Kuma and the other Shichibukai
So by your logic, Mihawk can't defeat Usopp cuz they never fought?
I like that.

Quote:
so simply stating that Kuma can own all is simple favoritism.
If it was favoritism I would've said Teach > all off them.

Quote:
The only single known individual that can beat any other individual in the series is Shirohige, every other potential fight, unless it has already occured, is supposition on our parts.
Please do not confuse opinion with fact.
What I displayed are facts cuz they actually happened in the manga.
What most people and you say about Mihawk are opinions and suppositions cuz they never happened in the manga.
Now you know the difference.

Quote:
Besides, it wouldn't make any sense for their to be one Shichibukai that could defeat all the other Shichibukai...
What is required to become a shishibukai is that you can be feared by other Pirates.
Being Stronger that the other Shishibukais don't matter.
Old 2010-01-28, 15:27   Link #89
james0246

^Fair enough. Well, there is no point continuing a possible discussion. Good day/night.

---

Prediction for Moria: Moria will acquire the Oars Jr. body, recreate it into a juggernaut, and then set-out for the New World. There, he will attempt to dethrone Kaidou, only to be destroyed once again. Moria's destruction, though, will be the start of a new arc in which Luffy battles Kaidou .
Old 2010-01-28, 15:43   Link #90
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Every time I read a chapter of One Piece, I just can't get enough of it. Al through I felt the chapter was short, we can finally confirm an end to this arc in just 1-3 chapters. Finally we can get back to the Strawhat crew after this, maybe we'll get a timeskip or have the WB pirates accompany Luffy to reunite with his crew. I'm hoping we get to see a flashback of Newgate and how the seas were back when he was a rookie, I still don't get why the spoilers said Roger was the one who spoke to him at the second last panel.

Also, I predict that the only way Garp can redeem himself and save face is to kill Whitebeard himself and prove why he's the Hero of the marines; else he's in a very difficult position and Sengoku is not pleased.
Old 2010-01-28, 15:50   Link #91
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i will be disappointed if Whitebeard doesn't take at least one admiral with him.
Old 2010-01-28, 16:01   Link #92
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Also, I predict that the only way Garp can redeem himself and save face is to kill Whitebeard himself and prove why he's the Hero of the marines; else he's in a very difficult position and Sengoku is not pleased.
I also predicted, quite awhile ago, that Whitebeard would be defeated by either Garp or Sengoku (admittedly, my prediction was based almost entirely on the fact that I simply wanted a member of the older generation to be the one to defeat Whitebeard, not someone like Blackbeard), but your prediction makes a fair amount of sense (or at least your prediction is based on legitimate facts, and not simply what I wanted to happen ). This could be a very interesting approach and it would definitely shake up the whole Monkey family dynamic...
Old 2010-01-28, 17:19   Link #93
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

With the way Garp has acted in the past, I honestly don't think the way he's behaved in this battle is any worse. He doesn't have to or need to redeem himself. Sengoku still won't touch him, or it's probably better to say can't, since he's seemed to really wanted to get rid of Garp before. xD

Quote:
The only single known individual that can beat any other individual in the series is Shirohige, every other potential fight, unless it has already occured, is supposition on our parts.
Aside from taking down WB and each other, I have to wonder if Garp and Sengoku fall under the "unbeatable" category. In a 1v1 fight, I honestly can't see either of them losing to any of the people we've seen so far, aside from WB.

Also, why is the old generation so hardcore? >_> Seriously, it's like the new school never rose to the same standards of awesome. WB, Sengoku, and Garp aren't even in their primes, and yet they're still so strong. Why don't any of the new school pirates have the same level of power as they did in their prime? Has the new school just not reached its prime yet?
Old 2010-01-28, 17:36   Link #94
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i will be disappointed if Whitebeard doesn't take at least one admiral with him.

I don't think that going to happen we are only half way threw the manga . The admirals are strongest guys on the WG side i don't see getting take down any time soon.

But i could be wrong but i see luffy along with the new gen of pirates taking down the admirals.
Or they could just be like grap where luffy and others will get stronger so they be able to match them but we never get a clear winner.
Old 2010-01-28, 18:41   Link #95
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
He had time before and he barely stood against Akainu.Now that he is in his final moments there is no way in hell he can hope to lay a scrath on an admiral.
Old 2010-01-28, 19:46   Link #96
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Are you serious with this reply?
Yes...
you really think Vegapunk would program the PX's to identify the pirates but not include the known powers and weaknesses of those pirates? that's just underestimating the genius right there... there's a difference between intellegence and lateral thinking, and i think Vegapunk would program them with a decent amount of knowledge. Do i really need to repeat the circumstance boa beat them under? really? and Zoro never cut Kuma; he cut his clothing but the machinery underneath wasn't even scratched... and really one of the added advantages of the PX's is that they can be mass produced and fight as groups and thus not be considered in one on one matches... but i really do tire of this, especially when i end needed to repeat points...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Also, why is the old generation so hardcore? >_> Seriously, it's like the new school never rose to the same standards of awesome. WB, Sengoku, and Garp aren't even in their primes, and yet they're still so strong. Why don't any of the new school pirates have the same level of power as they did in their prime? Has the new school just not reached its prime yet?
Well when it comes down to it, unlike real life, old men in shonen retain a lot of their strength as they age and don't start to show signs of weakness until they are REALLY old... essentially, a lot of pirates you're thinking of are probably 10 are so years too young to stand up to the old timers.

Though the exception to this comes from the Luffy, Zoro and a select few other characters... they got the power of plot accelerating their rise to power allowing them to accomplish in a few short years what some pirates have spent decades building up to =p

though i guess we can give oda a bit of the benefit of the doubt and say that those characters have been working harder... Luffy and Zoro fight someone stronger than themselves like every other week or so... how often do others like Marco, the shichibukai, the new world pirates fight someone equal to or greater to themselves? essentially it could be that all these other pirates are just too lazy
Old 2010-01-28, 20:03   Link #97
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Yes...
you really think Vegapunk would program the PX's to identify the pirates but not include the known powers and weaknesses of those pirates? that's just underestimating the genius right there... there's a difference between intellegence and lateral thinking, and i think Vegapunk would program them with a decent amount of knowledge.
That's nothing but your speculation, I'm afraid. You have no proof of this.

Quote:
Do i really need to repeat the circumstance boa beat them under? really? and Zoro never cut Kuma; he cut his clothing but the machinery underneath wasn't even scratched... and really one of the added advantages of the PX's is that they can be mass produced and fight as groups and thus not be considered in one on one matches... but i really do tire of this, especially when i end needed to repeat points...
No, you don't need to repeat anything. But even if the pacifistas fight back, they're going to get destroyed. The shichibukai have them severely beat.

And my bad for the Zoro cutting Kuma thing. I was going by what I saw from the anime, where you do see an actual cut on Kuma's shoulder. I just checked the manga right now, and indeed there is no scratch. So, I stand corrected here. In any case, I doubt Mihawk will have trouble chopping pacifistas down. Being the world's strongest swordsman, I imagine that he can cut anything.

As for the PX's being mass produced, I don't know about that. It takes the funds for a whole battleship just to construct one of them, so that would explain why we've seen like 12 at the most in this war.
Old 2010-01-28, 21:28   Link #98
striderm
Adusa #1

For now we don't really know enough about Vegapunk and the development of the Pacifistas. For all we know there wasn't enough time to fully program them or maybe Vegapunk has more ideas yet to be seen. (I'm hoping he's like a combination of Dr Wily and Dr Gero)
Old 2010-01-28, 22:12   Link #99
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
For now we don't really know enough about Vegapunk and the development of the Pacifistas. For all we know there wasn't enough time to fully program them or maybe Vegapunk has more ideas yet to be seen. (I'm hoping he's like a combination of Dr Wily and Dr Gero)
This is true. My whole argument is just that the pacifstas (as of right now, at least) are not at the level of strength where they make the shichibukai expendable.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:58   Link #100
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
As for the PX's being mass produced, I don't know about that. It takes the funds for a whole battleship just to construct one of them, so that would explain why we've seen like 12 at the most in this war.
I'd say there were probably more than 12... got ot remember there is only so many you can fit on a page at one time... but the PX's did seem to not spread themselves too thinly and yet they were the one's blocking the pirates from retreating backwards... so there had to been relatively a lot... nice thing about a world gov't is that it would probably give a lot of funding
Closed Thread