Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 06:51   Link #2181
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Yeah I do mean treasure goblins, there is a place in Act II (right after Ancient Pathway WP and it ends at the next checkpoint) where there are three goblin spawn points in a very short distance.
So, I, along with three friends run this short walk over and over again, if one of us find a treasure goblin we tell each other on Skype, join that person's game, put on full MF gear, kill the goblin, get the loot and after that start running again.

I don't think it's doable solo though or at least nowhere near as effective. ;p
Thanks for the tip. I will try solo anyway. But only after I do some more combat practice with my old friend Zoltun Kulle. Got to level up a bit more.

Seriously though, Kulle is just such a good friend that I hope I get to see him in the expansion.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:23   Link #2182
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
^Such things also happened in D2, if you were playing on B.Net that is.
It did, but the server would remove you from the game a few seconds after disconnection. It seems for d3, it's 10 seconds and very few characters can survive a beating for that long.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 09:15   Link #2183
Wigwams

its to counter plug pullers...
Old 2012-05-30, 10:07   Link #2184
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm assuming the general chat thing is actually meant to mitigate the disconnect bug. For some people, or more precisely on some routers/settings if you go idle long enough you will get disconnected from the game. And by long enough I mean something like the time you spend looking at your skills or shopping. By being in general you stay connected. It's actually a lot more annoying for those people at the moment to turn on general chat every time to avoid randomly getting disconnected then it is for the rest of us to turn it off... if they have general off they essentially can't play single player, and in co-op if they go alone to town they might get disconnected as well.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:38   Link #2185
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

What's a general good starting price for Normal-diff. rare gear when selling it on the AH? My stash is cluttered with things I need to sell, but I dunno how to not short myself on the pricing.

Though if I don't stop getting that damnable error every time I attempt to use the AH at all, the pricing isn't going to matter too much...
Old 2012-05-30, 12:22   Link #2186
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Seriously though, Kulle is just such a good friend that I hope I get to see him in the expansion.
Yes, Zolton is such a Kulle guy.

*ding*

Seriously though, I did wish he had more Talk options during the time you carried him. He's quite entertaining for someone who becomes a mid-boss.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 12:30   Link #2187
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What's a general good starting price for Normal-diff. rare gear when selling it on the AH? My stash is cluttered with things I need to sell, but I dunno how to not short myself on the pricing.

Though if I don't stop getting that damnable error every time I attempt to use the AH at all, the pricing isn't going to matter too much...
If you want to get rid of things, consider the 10 item auction limit, you might not want to get too greedy. If you keep playing you will soon find far more valuable things to sell, and you don't want the auction to be stuck for 2 days while your previous junk don't move.

Frankly, I personally move unwanted junk by selling them at the price game merchants sell. so $3000-5000 buyout, base rate (a few hundred) to start. Rings and amulets double that price.

Of course if the stats are good, you can go crazy with zeros. But fire sale is often needed if you are running out of storage, and you just can't let them sit for the full 2 days.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:37   Link #2188
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

What'd you say is good stats? I'm just starting Act 3 (I'm so far behind) and the stuff I need to sell have stat increases ranging between 15 to 30 or so.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:37   Link #2189
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:

5k is about the most I will pay for rare gears from normal, and only for ones that are really good. But given that I am very reluctant to buy low level gears....may be you can try higher, say 10 to 15k.

Alternatively, do a search in AH for items with similar stats.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 12:39   Link #2190
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm kind of bugged by the fact that aside from the DPS or the DEF of an item, that's there's no other way to sort through searches in the AH. Would it hurt Blizzard to make it possible to sort by End Date?

*coughs*

Oh, and cancelling bids.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:41   Link #2191
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The problem with lower gear stuff, is that very soon you will stop caring about them and sell them to game merchants. I have trouble keeping the turnover fast as it is, getting rid of gear that are too good to waste but not good enough to sell easily.
Old 2012-05-30, 13:45   Link #2192
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Just want to play the game Blizz, getting so annoyed. I just had to log out >.<
Old 2012-05-30, 14:26   Link #2193
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
~~ That's just retarded. Never click resume game in hardcore.
As a matter of fact, if you go to the official forums and go to the Hardcore sub-forum, this is in fact, GOLDEN RULE NO. 1

Quote:
What's a general good starting price for Normal-diff. rare gear when selling it on the AH? ~~
Sub-Lvl-30 Rare Gear should not exceed 5000g. With 6million+ people banging Normal Difficulty, the undercutting competition is vicious. For 5000g, you can get almost perfect rolls of Primary Stat plus Vitality on gear.

Forget about "big money" until you start farming Hell/Inferno gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yes, Zolton is such a Kulle guy.

*ding*

Seriously though, I did wish he had more Talk options during the time you carried him. He's quite entertaining for someone who becomes a mid-boss.
Zoltun: "You know that plate of muffins? I ate the last one. Muwuhahaha!"
Zoltun: "Good morning, have you had breakfast yet? Muwuhahaha!"
Zoltun: "The afternoon will be 60% sunny with a touch of clouds. Muwuhahaha!"
Zoltun: "That treasure goblin that got away? It had a Legendary. Muwuhahaha!"

No seriously. Guy's addicted to his evil laughter.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-30, 14:41   Link #2194
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I price my items on the AH based on the item's level. Anything below lvl 20 is almost guaranteed to not sell for anything higher than like 800 gold. Around lvl 30 you can start pricing to 4000 or 5000.
Old 2012-05-30, 16:25   Link #2195
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
its to counter plug pullers...
Oh that. How many people do that these days? And if they do care enough to do that, it still takes time to reach over to turn it off. Isn't 5 seconds boot time fair enough?

You can't just assume everyone is cheating by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Sub-Lvl-30 Rare Gear should not exceed 5000g. With 6million+ people banging Normal Difficulty, the undercutting competition is vicious. For 5000g, you can get almost perfect rolls of Primary Stat plus Vitality on gear.

Forget about "big money" until you start farming Hell/Inferno gear.
I'm only sporting a 80ish dps 1 hander with vit. How much would I look to spend for a 300+dps weapon with vit and other mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I'm assuming the general chat thing is actually meant to mitigate the disconnect bug. For some people, or more precisely on some routers/settings if you go idle long enough you will get disconnected from the game. And by long enough I mean something like the time you spend looking at your skills or shopping. By being in general you stay connected. It's actually a lot more annoying for those people at the moment to turn on general chat every time to avoid randomly getting disconnected then it is for the rest of us to turn it off... if they have general off they essentially can't play single player, and in co-op if they go alone to town they might get disconnected as well.
There's many otherwise to solve this, like auto rejoining the same channel if you disconnected. Or just let you specify where to go.

Or better yet, allow us to specify what to do. I can't believe a feature requested for over 10 years hasn't been though of yet.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 17:17   Link #2196
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
~~ I'm only sporting a 80ish dps 1 hander with vit. How much would I look to spend for a 300+dps weapon with vit and other mods? ~~
Unless you are a very, very patient man, your search will be made much, much easier if you focus on DPS attributes for weapons. Since weapons are the very foundation of ALL your damage abilities, you will want to squeeze every possible last drop of DPS goodness from your weapon.

The first thing you need to ask yourself is...

Are you using non-cooldown abilities or cooldown abilities? If the former, your main priority will be Attack Speed. If the latter, you will want to avoid it instead (Wizards are a special case as IAS interacts with their Arcane Power negatively. Get it if you spam Signature Spells, otherwise avoid it like the plague).

Then check for sockets. Sockets will significantly boost a weapon's potency as it allows you to stack damage. This is particularly significant when paired with a fast attack speed.

Your third filter depends on your class. Monks and Barbarians will probably want Life on Hit. Ranged classes will probably go for their Primary Stat for more DPS.

As for price range, restrict yourself to 10k-15k. Any more and you're just letting yourself get robbed on the Auction House. 300dps items are a dime a dozen(hundred) on the AH. 400dps will be about 20-25k. 500dps will be about 40-50k for 2-handers, and maybe 60-75k for 1-handers.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-30, 18:01   Link #2197
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

My Auction House sales must be the equivalent of a thriftshop. I sell most items for around 1000-3000 and the really good stuff usually doesn't exceed 15000. Of course, my items sell like hot cakes, so that's a plus. With a 10 item limit, I hate overpricing an item only to find out I have to wait two days for me to remedy the situation.
Old 2012-05-30, 18:21   Link #2198
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Amulets and rings are so excessively expensive in the auction house, that I am currently undercutting the market.

I found a merchant who sold a good +damage +11% attack speed amulet last night, for about 5000 gold.

Since you can buy unlimited numbers of any item the merchant sells, I bought twenty. And am now selling them on the auction house at 9000 gold each. One at a time, of course. Don't want to flood the market.
Old 2012-05-30, 21:42   Link #2199
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Manage to snag myself a 1k dps daibo (2h staff) for my monk last night for 50k. What a steal considering it had goodies like +dex and +spirit regen. I think someone missed a few zero when they set up their auction
Old 2012-05-30, 21:58   Link #2200
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Manage to snag myself a 1k dps daibo (2h staff) for my monk last night for 50k. What a steal considering it had goodies like +dex and +spirit regen. I think someone missed a few zero when they set up their auction
900dps 2h sell for ~10k
People only care for 1 handers now.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler