Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-12, 17:01   Link #481
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
What exactly do you mean? The original show ran for four years, 2005-2008, in-show that was about one year and Aang lived for about another 60 years afterwards. That answer your question?
the second part yes.

i wondering if they do next year competition where fire ferret won

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 17:34   Link #482
Tom Bombadil

Well, I am disappointed that Lin and Tenzin were taken down so easily. Lin did show her skills later, but if that's all that she can do, then I am pretty disappointed. They need someone who has awesome bending skills in this show. 6 episodes in, Korra hasn't really made much progress in air bending. It is like that plot line is completely forgotten now.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 20:40   Link #483
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

That announcer is good he got every thing even told every on that he wet himself
Old 2012-05-12, 20:53   Link #484
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Well, I am disappointed that Lin and Tenzin were taken down so easily. Lin did show her skills later, but if that's all that she can do, then I am pretty disappointed. They need someone who has awesome bending skills in this show. 6 episodes in, Korra hasn't really made much progress in air bending. It is like that plot line is completely forgotten now.
I think that's kind of the point though. Korra came to republic city to complete her training as Avatar and learn airbending. However, once she's actually there, she encounters more glaring issues (ie the equalists) that she believes she should take care of as the Avatar. So airbending gets moved down the list.
Old 2012-05-12, 21:03   Link #485
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

First off, the cheating in this episode was extremely terrible. When everybody, including the announcer, can see the cheating happening, it's hard to take it seriously when the final result occurs.

Then Amon shows up. I really like this guy. Yeah, he did the same thing as Episode 3, but he was awesome doing it that I don't care.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 21:46   Link #486
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
First off, the cheating in this episode was extremely terrible. When everybody, including the announcer, can see the cheating happening, it's hard to take it seriously when the final result occurs.

Then Amon shows up. I really like this guy. Yeah, he did the same thing as Episode 3, but he was awesome doing it that I don't care.
Remember that whole thing about how the Equalists will have some points, that some benders are just naturally corrupt and use their powers for bad? This is another example of that. The Wolfbats were cheats and bought their championships. It was probably a well-known fact that the refs looked the other way during their matches, all Amon would have to do is go fucking watch a few matches to see what was up. The Wolfbats are cheaters, they cheated in the past three years, Amon KNEW they would cheat, that's why they just so conveniently played into his bullies angle.
Old 2012-05-12, 21:57   Link #487
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Remember that whole thing about how the Equalists will have some points, that some benders are just naturally corrupt and use their powers for bad? This is another example of that. The Wolfbats were cheats and bought their championships. It was probably a well-known fact that the refs looked the other way during their matches, all Amon would have to do is go fucking watch a few matches to see what was up. The Wolfbats are cheaters, they cheated in the past three years, Amon KNEW they would cheat, that's why they just so conveniently played into his bullies angle.
And thus we come to the real source of Amon's discontent:

Watching the Wolfbats cheat to victory against his favorite Pro-bending team in the finals 3 years ago.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:06   Link #488
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post

Amon and company got an even higher budget and longer fight sequence this time. Making them really work. Plus those angles they used on Amon were something else. The editing in this episode was just top notch.

And it is nice to know that the old "just pay off the refs and cheat enough to win" still works all over the place. But at least the Wolfbats got their comeuppance. There's going to be all out war coming to the city.

I think we also need to pay close attention to those Avatar flash-backs that Korra has had. Ang obviously ran into someone like Amon previously.

Oh and the "Amon = Airbender" stuff might have some credit by the way he was moving, but hard to say too much on it. Still up in the air, for sure.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:29   Link #489
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
They need someone who has awesome bending skills in this show. 6 episodes in, Korra hasn't really made much progress in air bending. It is like that plot line is completely forgotten now.
I doubt it, Korra nearly fell to her death twice in this episode alone, I'm actually a bit surprised that that didn't trigger the avatar state for her (guess it's just too early in the series), she's probably going to be training extra hard now (plus, all the pro-bending is done for now so she doesn't have to worry about that for a bit).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:52   Link #490
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lin and Tenzin knew each other as kids? Urge... to... kill... RISING! Pema, you better damn well start sleeping with one eye open...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 23:58   Link #491
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
And thus we come to the real source of Amon's discontent:

Watching the Wolfbats cheat to victory against his favorite Pro-bending team in the finals 3 years ago.
He was just an innocent cabbage vendor distributing cabbages to hungry spectators like popcorn at a baseball game, when a stray water/earth/fire shot ruined his merchandise for the last time...
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 00:15   Link #492
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree here. It was a big what??!! moment for me when Korra was unable to reach the roof by herself and had to be rescued by Lin.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 00:49   Link #493
Jarmel

What I want to know is, where was Tenzin during the whole Lin/Korra fight sequence?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 01:49   Link #494
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
What I want to know is, where was Tenzin during the whole Lin/Korra fight sequence?
Prob making sure those other benders were okay. The whole security staff got taken down. Assist with evacuation of the arena...

If only Korra was a better air bending, she wouldn't have fallen that far and could have boarded the ship. Hopefully, someone will point this out.

Those brothers need combat training so they can assist her.
Old 2012-05-13, 02:25   Link #495
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Never have I seen people so excited about a shipping before, especially an old people shipping-v-;;. Do people really hate J. Jonah Jameso, err, I mean, Tenzin's preggers of a wife that much?

Last edited by MAX_COLA_POWER!; 2012-05-13 at 02:44.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 03:11   Link #496
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Lin and Tenzin knew each other as kids? Urge... to... kill... RISING! Pema, you better damn well start sleeping with one eye open...
Dragoonkain I hope you never change.
Old 2012-05-13, 05:05   Link #497
WefiDasst

Spoiler for Thoery on Amon:
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 05:46   Link #498
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

The first half is just meh. I'm so glad Amon saved the rest of the episode with his grand entrance.

Now that he had used his power in open view, I wonder how bending scholars will react....
Old 2012-05-13, 06:09   Link #499
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

seem amon try to make mecha

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 07:49   Link #500
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As soon as I heard they were childhood friends I thought of you

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra