Notices

Old 2012-09-02, 21:03   Link #1861
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
My face when: T.T

and: ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
Hmm, what do those strange symbols mean, been wondering for some time. Well it is a shame they didn't include it, but lets look on the bright side we get to have an onsen episode next.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 21:04   Link #1862
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Hmm, what do those strange symbols mean, been wondering for some time. Well it is a shame they didn't include it, but lets look on the bright side we get to have an onsen episode next.
First is supposed to be the tears on my face.

Second is me flipping two tables.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 21:26   Link #1863
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
That her personal name, she named herself that but she is Date Masamune.
if that so that mean masamune already fall for that monkey.
just said that monkey can maried to other daimyo then at least that monkey can married to masamune,shingen and nobuna that means he can concuer nippon easily right!
Old 2012-09-02, 23:59   Link #1864
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
My face when: T.T

and: ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
For some reason, I think they're saving that for the future or an OAV. Without the scene, it'll be impossible to understand future stories, given the effect that meeting had in this series.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 01:05   Link #1865
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Second is me flipping two tables.
When one table isn't enough to describe it...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 02:36   Link #1866
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Those tables must be made of styrofoam.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:45   Link #1867
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Those tables must be made of styrofoam.
Why can't you just accept that I'm Superman?
Old 2012-09-04, 08:34   Link #1868
ONNY

can you help supporting this link?

Vote for ONNY LN Translation

ONNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 08:44   Link #1869
fazri
blacksun king

i already vot5e for nobuna.
chaad i can't belive you have same power as superman.
Old 2012-09-04, 08:57   Link #1870
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
i already vot5e for nobuna.
chaad i can't belive you have same power as superman.
Meh, comes in my cereal. Though tbh, I'd rather have the ability to turn things to styrofoam than super-strength. It's just so much more subtle...
Old 2012-09-04, 11:26   Link #1871
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Sometimes the idiocy that I encounter in this thread greatly distresses me.
Since I got back (super) sick from vacation, I've been watching a lot of HBO's "The Newsroom" and I feel that way about the entire world recently..!

So how the story has developed makes me really wonder how Honnouji is going to happen now. Wild speculation and good/bad/mixed ending fanfiction aside - considering how many other "historical" events were changed/tweaked not as a result of Saru but because of the world setting itself..

I still feel heartache like every time I see the picture of Jubei-chan's crying face though..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:42   Link #1872
BlazeHero

Errr this is awkward, new member to the forums, kinda was interested in this series, was just wondering if this was something I should invest my time into since it seems to be pretty good. Bout to start on the second episode of the anime and from what I watched so far it's pretty good.
Old 2012-09-04, 18:59   Link #1873
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeHero View Post
Errr this is awkward, new member to the forums, kinda was interested in this series, was just wondering if this was something I should invest my time into since it seems to be pretty good. Bout to start on the second episode of the anime and from what I watched so far it's pretty good.
Glad you are here, this is a series worth the look. Translations has just started on Baka-Tsuki thanks to Akuma, we already have summaries in the social group as well all the Light Novel illustrations as well.

Here is the link http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=802
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 19:01   Link #1874
Mephos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeHero View Post
You should invest some time into it because it is quite good and follow the LN quite well with some ok changes.

Well, sometimes.
Mephos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 21:39   Link #1875
sekireipercy

Do you guys know where you can read Oda Nobuna No Yabou fanfics?
sekireipercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 04:33   Link #1876
raziel_14

Yo! new to the forums, After reading the posts from page 1 to 94 in an afternoon looking for spoilers yesterday and currently updated with the anime, I'm quite satisfied with the way the story is going. Oh yes, thank you! to the people who posted summaries, it makes me all the more interested. I swear, I'mma find a way to learn Japanese and contribute. All in due time. Oh and I'm a Goemon fan hahaha stuttering-loli ninja's all the way though I'm finding the Vol 9 M non-loli addition to the harem quite interesting.
raziel_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 10:57   Link #1877
LiquidX

Hi guys, can anyone accept my join request in ONNY group, cause looks like Sleepy is sleepy and offline for a few days already.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 20:18   Link #1878
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
if that so that mean masamune already fall for that monkey.
just said that monkey can maried to other daimyo then at least that monkey can married to masamune,shingen and nobuna that means he can concuer nippon easily right!
Ancient Japanese names is a very confused system. It's even more confusing then Chinese system.

In Chinese system they it was Family + Personal or Courtesy name. Take Zhao Yun from Three Kingdom for example. Zhao is family name, Yun is personal name that only people close to him can use, and the he have a courtesy name which everyone else uses in ZiLong. So his full name in Chinese is Zhao Yun, Known as Zilong. And then after they died, they can get a remembered name for afterlife.

In Japanese system. Family/Clan name is only reserved for samurai and above class. Peasants doesn't have family name only a personal name.

Clan name was not officially succeed until they went through Rite of Age (usually between 13-15 during Sengoku Period) and they'll marry soon after that.

At that time they will be able to officially use the Clan Name and will receive an Official Name and that is the name they'll use from then on.

However, they and freely change names as they want so it's not unusual they change their official names later. Ieyasu changed his from Motonobu (元信) to Motoyasu (元康), before settling at Ieyasu (家康) when he also changed his clan name.

They can also change their clan name by being adapted to raise their personal prestige. Both Hideyoshi and Ieyasu does this to increase their personal prestige. Hideyoshi changes from Kinoshita (木下) to Hashiba (羽柴, with permission from Nobunaga) to increase is prestige and changed again to Toyotomi (豐臣, by being adapted) so he can claim court descend and receive Kanpaku rank. Ieyasu change his clan name from Matsudaira to Tokugawa so he can claim Minamoto descent for future ranks by claim he discovered a hidden lineage, though there isn't a record in present time to support that claim.

Also if the family had a hereditary rank, they will also include that in their name and it will be what most people refer him to as. For example Nobunaga's full name during Owari time is Oda Kazusakai Nobunaga (織田上總介信長) so in most records during that time he was simply referred to as Oda Kazusakai or just Kazusakai. And this also works with lower, non-hereditary titles like Maeda Toshiie's Matazaemon.

So before the Rite of Age, they have a childhood name that people refer them to. After the Rite of Age, those name becomes nicknames that usually only people who are extremely close to them can use. Botenmaru is such name the for Date.

Here is some reference on others for your amusement:

Oda Nobunaga => Kipposhi

Toyotomi Hideyoshi => Hiyoshimaru

Tokugawa Ieyasu => Takechiyo

Maeda Toshiie => Inuchiyo

Takeda Shingen => Katsuchiyo

Uesugi Kenshin => Torachiyo

Akechi Mitsuhide => Soushiro

Imagawa Yoshimoto => Hōgikumaru

Niwa Nagahide => Yorozuchiyo

Shibata Katsuie => Gonrokutaro

Takenaka Shigeharu (Hanbei) => Shigetora

Hanbei is interesting in that Hanbei is actually one of those lower-rank title. It was a position for being guards for Daimiyo-house. So there are many historical figures that was referred to as "Hanbei". But somehow, Takenaka made that title as if it was his own, similar to how Nobunaga made Kazusakai into his own that most people sees Kazusakai, they automatically think you are referring to Nobunaga.

And as you can see from the list, childhood name tends to often ends with -chiyo, -maru, or -ro
Old 2012-09-07, 09:59   Link #1879
texrvb
Banned

Hi, I'm new. After going through all the pages (took me hours), I still don't understand HOW did he end up this parallel world. Someone must of sent him there.
texrvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 11:51   Link #1880
LiquidX

Well, now i just interested about vol7 -
Spoiler:
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem