Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-06-13, 15:48   Link #7481
Jorna

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Aawwww, Reneer found a friend.
True is very amusing to imagine them having a friendly chat. But Reneer terrifies me, out of all the characters of the "world" Reneer is the wild card.
Jorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 16:01   Link #7482
Key Board
Carbon

Albedo implies that if it's successful, Renner might be elevated to a position similar to an area guardian

it's probably a heteromorph class change item
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 19:34   Link #7483
Namorax

That, or it's a teleport-box: You put something in, and it immediately appears in a linked chest where someone else can take it out, no matter how far away the two chest are from each other.

Maybe she asked Renner for a book like "100 ways to make him fall in Love with you"?

Why is everyone so fixed on the idea of class-change items?
Because of the part about "become an area guardian"?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 21:15   Link #7484
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorna View Post
True is very amusing to imagine them having a friendly chat. But Reneer terrifies me, out of all the characters of the "world" Reneer is the wild card.
Why would Renner be the wild card? Oh sure she may be intelligent with a dash of cunning, but she doesn't have that all important ambition to make full use of it and for good reason. Being born a woman and a 3rd princess at that, she knows damn well that her options in life are limited especially due to her status as royalty. The best concession she got from the Kingdom was to live in obscurity in a farm with her puppy, possibly knowing that assassins could be at her door at any time should she present herself a threat. Then comes Nazarick offering a much larger carrot with an appropriately sized stick. There's no profit to be had for her to do something stupid as to jeopardized an opportunity of a lifetime. She was made an offer she can't refuse and quite honestly why would she?

If anything the outside force most terrifying and possibly the wild card would be Albedo. I would guess that she was added into the story for reasons beyond simple fanservice and so far that is proving to be the case. Not only does she have her own hit squad under the guise of an exploratory unit, she has her own agenda in the Kingdom. Perhaps this agenda is innocuous, but you expect the worst out of crazy.

It would be positively amusing if all the bad things Albedo may end up doing is due to the simple parameter change Momonga made when it was still a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Why is everyone so fixed on the idea of class-change items?
Because of the part about "become an area guardian"?
Possibly due to the mention of Renner being a guinea pig. Perhaps this is a test to see whether or not an inhabitant of the world can meet the necessary requirements to activate the item (race change)?
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 22:11   Link #7485
deathcoy

I actually agree with Jorna. I find her more cunning and unpredictable than other characters. She may claim that her desire is an obscure life with her puppy but you'll never know if she actually has further ambitions because she has the ability and capacity to do it.

And the worse thing of all is that she has no inherent leash on her nor inherent loyalty. Albedo maybe the wild card but her love for Ainz is the leash and is built in. Compare that with Climb, yes he can be used as a hostage but Climb is nothing more than acquired taste.

Am also curious about the item, it can be race change or maybe +exp/level up item. But its definitely something reasonably powerful if it can literally give her powers equivalent to an area guardian. Inclined to agree with MonkeyDude, Ainz might just be experimenting on locals activating Yggdrasil items and its effects. Just like how Enri activated the Goblin General Horn and instead summoned an army.
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 22:53   Link #7486
Jorna

I say Reneer because unlike Albedo she has nothing to loose whats important to her is Climb, if Ainz finds out about what Albedo is plotting she would loose a great deal her position as overseer, Ainz and other NPC's trust.

Reneer can sacrifice her family and people without batting an eye, she can even pass the blame to Nazarick (mind controlled etc) and act as a victim herself. If she is welcomed in Nazarick she can play a dumb innocent girl while gathering information, the NPC's because of their superiority complex to human's might relieve information to her thinking she incompetent.

I think that Albedo will just make things more complicated. Lets say she finds one member of the guild she tries to kill said member, she says to the member its for Ainz which the member thinks that Ainz is out to kill other members to have all the power of Nazarick for himself. Albedo will probably fail and the member will escape and joins other group to take revenge on Ainz. Ainz completely oblivious to this questions Albedo, she would probably make up a story to save her reputation to Ainz.
Old 2016-06-14, 01:22   Link #7487
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
I say Reneer because unlike Albedo she has nothing to loose whats important to her is Climb, if Ainz finds out about what Albedo is plotting she would loose a great deal her position as overseer, Ainz and other NPC's trust.
Ainz will blame himself again. After all he was the one who changed Albedo's settings.

Quote:
Reneer can sacrifice her family and people without batting an eye, she can even pass the blame to Nazarick (mind controlled etc) and act as a victim herself. If she is welcomed in Nazarick she can play a dumb innocent girl while gathering information, the NPC's because of their superiority complex to human's might relieve information to her thinking she incompetent.
I don't think Renner is plotting something against Nazarick. She has no benefits in that at all.

Though I expect her to realize that Ainz is not that smart as guardians think.

Quote:
I think that Albedo will just make things more complicated. Lets say she finds one member of the guild she tries to kill said member, she says to the member its for Ainz which the member thinks that Ainz is out to kill other members to have all the power of Nazarick for himself. Albedo will probably fail and the member will escape and joins other group to take revenge on Ainz. Ainz completely oblivious to this questions Albedo, she would probably make up a story to save her reputation to Ainz.
Yes, I think that Albedo's action would lead to serious consequences.
She might as well hide from Ainz the existences of "Downfall of castle and country" if 8fingers find it.
Old 2016-06-14, 01:30   Link #7488
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
I actually agree with Jorna. I find her more cunning and unpredictable than other characters. She may claim that her desire is an obscure life with her puppy but you'll never know if she actually has further ambitions because she has the ability and capacity to do it.

And the worse thing of all is that she has no inherent leash on her nor inherent loyalty. Albedo maybe the wild card but her love for Ainz is the leash and is built in. Compare that with Climb, yes he can be used as a hostage but Climb is nothing more than acquired taste.
All of her supposed cunning and unpredictability is pointless without ambition and the resources to actually do anything. Though let's go with the hypothetical that she actually has ambitions beyond having her boytoy. How in the hell is she going to leverage her intelligence against Nazarick? She's smart enough to know the carrot she's being offered is attached to one hell of a stick. If she actually does act on whatever grand ambition she has in mind and presents herself as a threat to Nazarick, well it's safe to say she's not as smart as we all thought she was.

True Albedo is leashed by loyalty, but she's also proven herself to be somewhat unhinged due to her love for Ainz. We have snippets of her displaying behavior that no other denizen of Nazarick has displayed so far. How something as simple as the concept of loving all bones no boner can affect Albedo is a more intriguing than the powerless human most likely smart enough to know not to mess with the greatest boon of her life.

Quote:

Albedo has a wonderful position as Overseer of the Guardians. She's beholden to no one besides Ainz and her position most likely allows her to control the flow of information reaching him, it helps that she's more or less the de facto ruler of Nazarick. It's rather benign so long as she has no personal agenda like the hit squad she's forming. She's in quite a bit of trouble if Ainz ever gets word of this, but hey her position allows her to control what reaches Ainz so...

And please don't downplay Nazarick's own intelligence just to bolster that of Renner. She gained the interest of Demiurge due to her intelligence and you mean to tell me everyone in Nazarick will just buy her ditzy girl act? Even if she does manage to gain information to pass along...why would she do such a thing as to betray her benefactors? I understand that she's looked upon as a cunning and unpredictable individual, but where's the profit in all of this? Nazarick appears to be giving her everything she wants in an equitable trade and she's going to betray them? For what end?

I have a hard time imagining the scenario you are painting as any Supreme Beings found with the hit squad is as good as dead. They don't have the equipment they had in their prime against a squad seemingly designed with overkill in mind. Assuming they do manage to escape, why would they assume Ainz is behind the attack? How will they even know Nazarick is linked to the attack? What other group shown so far even has the capacity to remotely challenge Nazarick?

Anyway I just find it strange how Renner is being portrayed when by all rights should know that she stands to lose everything by betraying her benefactors. Albedo has shown herself to be a wild element even with her loyalty due to her love for Ainz while having the means of carrying out her agenda. There shouldn't even be a comparison on which is the bigger threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post

Though I expect her to realize that Ainz is not that smart as guardians think.

Yes, I think that Albedo's action would lead to serious consequences.
She might as well hide from Ainz the existences of "Downfall of castle and country" if 8fingers find it.
Saying anything contrary to the brilliant swag of Ainz is a fine way of turning yourself into a smear in the wall. Though luckily Renner should be smart enough to play along and play Ainz's game of "please explain it to the others."

I'm thinking that the personal agenda Albedo is talking about is that WI. I mean if this were a mission from Ainz then wouldn't she better know the details of the item? Hell at least Ainz can describe what the item looks like given his Yggdrasil knowledge. Now I'm thinking she may be planning on using that to make Ainz more...receptive to her advances. Seems like a fair trade considering Momonga did brainwash her into loving him after all...
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 03:19   Link #7489
Jorna

Well here's what I think (Please take it with a pinch of salt).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post

I have a hard time imagining the scenario you are painting as any Supreme Beings found with the hit squad is as good as dead. They don't have the equipment they had in their prime against a squad seemingly designed with overkill in mind. Assuming they do manage to escape, why would they assume Ainz is behind the attack? How will they even know Nazarick is linked to the attack? What other group shown so far even has the capacity to remotely challenge Nazarick?
I didn't say that they are good as dead, its more like this we know that there are 37 avatars in the treasury that has the retired members equipment, 4 of them including Ainz still had full equipment on them. Unlike Ainz who lived in Nararick from the start and had the NPC to aid him. If there were guild members who got teleported in the world they are confused, isolated and helplessness in a different world and having physically change will affect them. They can't just go to a village to ask for help because of people will fear them.

Lets say that after a few months of living like that they heard news about Ainz Ooal Gown, overcome with joy that someone they know is living is this world may help them understand the try to meet them. But instead they are found by Albedo and her group. Albedo can say something like "You are a hindrance or a treat to the rule of Ainz." She can make it appear that it was an order from Ainz himself, she would do everything to not let them meet. Once the guild member escape the feeling of betrayal and anger will fuel them to go against Ainz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post

Anyway I just find it strange how Renner is being portrayed when by all rights should know that she stands to lose everything by betraying her benefactors. Albedo has shown herself to be a wild element even with her loyalty due to her love for Ainz while having the means of carrying out her agenda. There shouldn't even be a comparison on which is the bigger threat.
Renner is a master mind type character she's not there to fight but to plot and manipulate. Why I think the benefits she would get from being a servant of Ainz is not enough. Once she becomes a servant she becomes a pawn of someone else, a person who can sacrifice and betray her family, kingdom and people. A person like that cares only about themselves and the people they think are valuable. The NPC's will always looking down on her, a person with no loyalty from the start will not take that kind of treatment lightly. She can play both sides acting as a loyalist to Nazarick while fueling information to enemies nations. Once those two forces clash she can just watch from the side lines. She doesn't need to fight just add fuel to the fire.

Sorry my grammar is kind of bad.
Old 2016-06-14, 04:11   Link #7490
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

So... what happen to this Philip?? Is he dead? I mean he actually looking down on nazarick...
Old 2016-06-14, 04:13   Link #7491
ChuckE
Provoker

I do not think that Renner has so much influence to affect Nazarick. Even becoming Area Guardian she won't be able to do that much.

Though I am curious what is that another item she wants. Also I'd like to know where Ainz approved giving that item to Renner. After all

Quote:
the item which her master had given her for safekeeping.
but it was not directly stated that Ainz allowed giving it. Maybe I'm overthinking.

Also I kinda forgot.
Whom did acquaintance of PDL give the ring?
Old 2016-06-14, 04:18   Link #7492
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
So... what happen to this Philip?? Is he dead? I mean he actually looking down on nazarick...
Technically, no.
For all practical purposes, oh yes.
Walking Corpse Sama is as dead as the dodo, he just has not found out yet.

edit-
If/When Renner meets Ainz, she might figure out that he is not as smart as everyone else thinks.
Unless she is paranoid enough to think of that as a deception.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 04:27   Link #7493
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Can Renner actually think that way? I truly doubt she figure out what Ainz thinking... I mean can she see through him after seeing his skeleton face?
Old 2016-06-14, 05:30   Link #7494
J4n1

Quote:
Can Renner actually think that way? I truly doubt she figure out what Ainz thinking... I mean can she see through him after seeing his skeleton face?
Ainz has a perfect poker face (like only a skull can), but his actions, and words, can be looked at to predict him, especially if you spend any length of time with him.

What Ainz has going for him is the unshakeable faith npc's have for him, and the prejudice of humans thinking of an undead sorcerer of godlike power as being something beyond them (also lack of access).

Reneer is smart, she could see through him, given time (and not even that much time).
After that comes up the idea of how paranoid she is.
Will she accept the man behind the facade?
Or will she assume it is another facade to trap anyone too self confident?

Though either way, i don't see her trying to rebel, too much risk, too little gain.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 05:43   Link #7495
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Well, I'm not talking about coup d'etat though...
It just what if when she talking to Ainz... she misunderstanding him like all NPC? I mean, yeah, if she was given some time... she will understand that behind that skull was a man with many thought... a very predictable man... Satoru Suzuki...
Then she can see through himself... and become paranoid justice like you said...
Old 2016-06-14, 06:07   Link #7496
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Well, I'm not talking about coup d'etat though...
It just what if when she talking to Ainz... she misunderstanding him like all NPC? I mean, yeah, if she was given some time... she will understand that behind that skull was a man with many thought... a very predictable man... Satoru Suzuki...
Then she can see through himself... and become paranoid justice like you said...
I doubt that she'll be able to understand that Ainz is a human. The problem is that she does not know the concept of "player avatara". So it is rather confusing why the undead acts like a real human. That guy from the guild compared him to human. But again they do not know the concept of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Reneer is smart, she could see through him, given time (and not even that much time).
After that comes up the idea of how paranoid she is.
Will she accept the man behind the facade?
Or will she assume it is another facade to trap anyone too self confident?
Everytime Ainz is saved just by his luck, training silently in the room and guardian's thought that their father can everything
Old 2016-06-14, 06:27   Link #7497
Crossthought

Ainz will BS his way through world domination I doubt Reneer can read him
Crossthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 06:55   Link #7498
ChuckE
Provoker

Actually it seems that the ring, created by Wild Magic, is in Climb's hands.
If Renner and Climb consequently join Nazarick side it basically means that the ring will be in Ainz's hands.
Old 2016-06-14, 07:05   Link #7499
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

What ring??
Old 2016-06-14, 07:13   Link #7500
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
What ring??
The ring that PDL was talking about in the intermission of Volume 7

Tags