AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-25, 23:26   Link #41
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Spoiler for Hinako epilogue:

that was Azumi's relative,
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Spoiler for Hmmm....:
actually, they were 15 when everything took place.
Old 2007-12-26, 00:41   Link #42
Phoenix14
Clannad

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2007-12-26, 01:15   Link #43
DanielSong39

Spoiler for Ending; allusions to Scrapped Princess:
Old 2007-12-26, 02:50   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A good final episode that rescued this show from average for me. Among other good things (including the double attempted suicide), there was one great thing: the way Koshimizu Ami said "Sana" at the end of the sequence where he told her about his wrist. That was one of the times when a single word from a seiyuu can send shivers down my spine.

One thing to complain about: how long it took him to propose, and the idea of doing it at just the right time to disturb her playing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-12-26, 03:47   Link #45
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well now, i actually ended up liking this episode more than i thought i would, even if only because we finally got to learn something about their pasts. A shame it came so late, because Sana's revelations didn't have the time to play any actual importance. Still it is better than nothing.

Nanaka's past did surprise me a bit, as i was not expecting her "father" to be the arsonist ... i don't really understand why Nanaka's mother ended up marrying the guy if she had a relationship with the violin teacher though (unless it was a one night stand or something along the lines) ... perhaps i missed something due to lack of subs, but the situation does not make that much of a sense for me, at least for the moment.

Sana's past was rushed as expected, but now we indeed know that the watch covers up the wound on his wrist and he moved back to this town to get some peace of mind. Overall while the revelations are too little, too late i still enjoyed the first part of this episode for the material it covered and didn't mind the lack of focus on anything else.

I am less than impressed with the timeskip though ... while it offered somewhat of a closure (more like a glimpse of the cast's future), it all felt very uninspired and i can't say i was interested all that much. Sana proposed to Nanaka, but much like with his revelations abut him having cut his wrists - the direct aftermath is cut short, taking away the potentially most interesting part and reducing the even to basically "oh, by the way - Sana proposed and she accepted. Good for them, isn't it ?"

Shuu and Shuri, still together after all these years, huh. The twincest is strong in this one ... not like i mind, as their dynamic was arguably one of the best things this show had to offer, even though it didn't have much of a time to shine.

Nothing much to say about Aoi, Asami and Hinako (aside from the later looking rather nice though ) - their appearances had little above cameo value.

Overall i can't say the timeskip part did anything for me - it failed to invoke anything in me and lacked any real sense of fulfillment ... which is how i generally feel about this series - its had its moments, but overall a somewhat boring and unrewarding experience. I realize they were out of time and this was among the only options to introduce some decent "closure" to the characters involved, but that isn't anyone's fault but the writer's and the short timeskip seemed more like a quickly thrown together "oh, by the way - this happened" than anything meaningful.

I still liked the last episode somewhat, but i can't say too much positive about the show overall ... Hinako episodes was the best thing it had to offer, Shuu and Shuri dynamics being the second (and last) noteworthy mention. A through mediocrity that ultimately falls in to the "fire and forget" bin. I don't regret watching it, but it is not something that would stick to my mind as anything above yet another entry on my anime list.
Old 2007-12-26, 03:53   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am less than impressed with the timeskip though ... while it offered somewhat of a closure (more like a glimpse of the cast's future), it all felt very uninspired and i can't say i was interested all that much.

Overall i can't say the timeskip part did anything for me - it failed to invoke anything in me and lacked any real sense of fulfillment ...
I know what you mean.

Well, it did invoke something from me -

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-26, 04:48   Link #47
Chewy

Oh my god, they actually went through with the twincest... I really didn't think they would have the guts. Up until now I honestly did not consider it even though so many of you guys were saying it would happen. I thought they were just close ! (and no I don't think them holding hands at 27 is them just being "close" anymore )

Nanaka's past was awesome. I think the anime was superior to the game here when it comes to the arsonist's storyline because it was more exciting. Sana's past was ok, but was executed rather poorly. The time jump was sudden and felt unnatural, but whatever, we got to see an older Hinako and also see Nanaka play Myself Yourself, which was a nice way to wrap it up.

So after watching the anime and playing parts of the game, I would say the anime is more exciting than the game (more crazy crap happens, sometimes a little TOO crazy), but the game is more internally complex than the anime (you can analyze the characters much better because there's a lot more time for subtle stuff to happen in the game). Don't expect the game to pull crazy stuff like this though, that's not the type of story it is.

Overall, I think the series was decent. Really unfocused storytelling annoyed me, but I think it also led to a lot more interesting conflicts popping up instead of only a couple, which attracted a lot of viewers. If it was meant to be a promotion for the game, then it was a complete 100% success. It was no masterpiece, but it served its purpose.
Old 2007-12-26, 05:15   Link #48
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix14 View Post
Spoiler for Ending:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-26, 08:08   Link #49
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

My first thought after watching this episode is:

What a big basket case of social problems!

My second thought is:

This looks like an eroge!

My third thought will be:

I felt as if being hanged like Itoshiki Nozomu, half dead but still alive.
Old 2007-12-26, 13:35   Link #50
Flame-X
Anti-fan

cant believe people gave this ep a high rating ._.
Old 2007-12-26, 14:39   Link #51
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Hm, what a brutal ending. Too little too late, or perhaps too much too late. Pacing problems and lack of cohesiveness hurt the execution of this show, and Sana's past... what a joke. I suspected it was suicide and bullying from the start, but to just reveal that within a 2 minute span while Asami gets half an episode to confess to Sana about who she really is...

Now the ending itself was OK. It was the thought that counted, but how it got there, and how it was executed was done very poorly.

Good thing this isn't the definitive version of Myself ; Yourself. Time to play the game, read the light novels and stuff this entry into the dark history cabinet.
Old 2007-12-26, 14:40   Link #52
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
for all the stuff they had to cover in such little time I thought it was well done. They pretty much covered 2 episodes worth of material in one.
Old 2007-12-26, 15:25   Link #53
DanielSong39

I had a lot of fun coming up with wild speculations, so the show wasn't a total loss.

The sad part is that going with some of those speculations might have actually improved the show.
Old 2007-12-26, 15:35   Link #54
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
...Pacing problems and lack of cohesiveness hurt the execution of this show....
That pretty well summarizes my feelings about the show. It seemed really badly put together, a grab bag of plot elements. But some of the plot elements and personalities were enjoyable. And Koshimizu Ami's work as Nanaka was outstanding throughout.

As for the twincest, these aren't real people, it's just fiction, so I think we can simply enjoy the notion on its own terms, as if they were really close osananajimi who love each other. Of course, anyone who grew up with opposite-sex siblings can tell you how unlikely it is and how distasteful it may feel to them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-12-26, 16:00   Link #55
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Of course, anyone who grew up with opposite-sex siblings can tell you how unlikely it is and how distasteful it may feel to them.
well, i can admit that, but my sister was damn ugly so I was safe from going that path!
Most normal people won't go the path of incest, but it happens a lot more than you think.
The thing about incest is that when it happens it is a mutual thing so it doesn't get reported as much and unlike homosexuality it is Illegal. We get more reports of pedophiles than incest.

i think siblings with troubled family are good places to produce this kind of reltionships.
I read an article that said that 50% of college students admited to have some kind of sexual encounter with a sibling, but of course this was in the experimenting zone and it included things like mutual masturbation and oral, the percentage of those that admited to have intercourse was much smaller.
Old 2007-12-26, 17:12   Link #56
rg4619

Quote:
I read an article that said that 50% of college students admited to have some kind of sexual encounter with a sibling, but of course this was in the experimenting zone and it included things like mutual masturbation and oral, the percentage of those that admited to have intercourse was much smaller.
With those kinds of surveys, volunteer bias clouds results, so I'd take that study with a grain of salt. Those particularly squeamish about a certain subject (i.e. incest, which the public is generally uncomfortable with) tend not to participate, which can significantly skew the data.
Old 2007-12-26, 17:17   Link #57
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well it was a decent show. I never held it high, so the ending does not disappoint me but...is Youta....no way...
Old 2007-12-26, 18:04   Link #58
taelrak

I don't know what to say. I was horribly disappointed with this final episode. If they only were able to add one more episode, I think it would have worked out. Take away one of the fillers and add an extra episode to do things right!
Spoiler for My thoughts:
Old 2007-12-26, 18:17   Link #59
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Spoiler for My thoughts:
remember, you have to take this in respect to the japanese. Holding hands might not be a big deal in some other countries but you won't see adult siblings walking holding hands like that in Japan!
Old 2007-12-26, 18:33   Link #60
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
I believe the overall low quaility of the series as a whole made this episode seem well-made.
Closed Thread