AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-26, 18:54   Link #2001
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Any chance you can point me in the direction of the live full version of Sou Da Yo? I want to take a listen.
It's a nico link.
Old 2009-10-26, 19:25   Link #2002
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
It's a nico link.
You're a godsend It was in Spanish so I was actually able to register and watch it/listen Thanks a lot, it seems like Megumi is getting better at singing live but I actually agree with you about the song, "Ao (Aoi?) No Ether" is still the better song between the 2 and it helps that the instrumental is better in my opinion, but I won't judge it completely until I listen to the full recorded version of it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 20:08   Link #2003
Lostdreams

Has any1 seen the macross budokan tour vids? I just watched them and the performance was so funny
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 20:59   Link #2004
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Has any1 seen the macross budokan tour vids? I just watched them and the performance was so funny
Funny good? or Funny bad?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 21:36   Link #2005
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
Lol Aruhime, you can learn a thing or two from your director loooooooool.

Why does Nakajima simply refuse to wear clothes that match her / actually looks cute / has better design.

Why must her show clothes always look so cheap =A=

Why is she wearing something that resembles suede boots with that horrendous blue blob.

I'm so confused I want to die.

May'N's finally dressing right, so why can't you. Why.
Seems like they got Megumi rockin some pretty bad prom dresses in some of the shots of the concert vids. Shame, she's not a bad lookin girl at all.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 23:45   Link #2006
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
Seems like they got Megumi rockin some pretty bad prom dresses in some of the shots of the concert vids. Shame, she's not a bad lookin girl at all.
Agreed. I mean, they do have other women choosing the dresses, right? It's not that hard to match a pretty dress with a pretty girl.

I think with Megumi, they need to just simplify the stage outfits. I think she'd do better with more of a "girl next door" appeal.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 06:04   Link #2007
Sec

Quote:
Why does Nakajima simply refuse to wear clothes that match her / actually looks cute / has better design.

Why must her show clothes always look so cheap =A=

Why is she wearing something that resembles suede boots with that horrendous blue blob.

I'm so confused I want to die.

May'N's finally dressing right, so why can't you. Why.
I'm an Asian girl and I see that her face isn't cute but very mature (she doesn't look like the type of Hello! Project or AKB48 idols), that why those White Alice Lolita dresses never suits her. But they built Ranka as a cute character and Megumi, her image must matches Ranka as a cute idol too. In my opinion, Megumi goes really well with mature clothes like this.

Anyway, even though Megumi won Ranka role, she is still herself and she can't never be Ranka. I'm annoying about she is still going with her Ranka voice for her regular singles too. I want Megumi to be herself but seem like she can't stand her own image by herself without Ranka's help. Nostalgia is my favorite song aside of Macross F, it suits her well as a mature instead of cute song.
Sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 06:34   Link #2008
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
I'm an Asian girl and I see that her face isn't cute but very mature (she doesn't look like the type of Hello! Project or AKB48 idols), that why those White Alice Lolita dresses never suits her. But they built Ranka as a cute character and Megumi, her image must matches Ranka as a cute idol too. In my opinion, Megumi goes really well with mature clothes like this.

Anyway, even though Megumi won Ranka role, she is still herself and she can't never be Ranka. I'm annoying about she is still going with her Ranka voice for her regular singles too. I want Megumi to be herself but seem like she can't stand her own image by herself without Ranka's help. Nostalgia is my favorite song aside of Macross F, it suits her well as a mature instead of cute song.
Hahaha COMRADEEE!!!!! <3!!!

I'm an asian girl too (and I like wearing those kinds of stuff T^T if only the world were an anime) so it drives me utterly insane when people just slaps on a loli dress on people that don't match it in hopes of adding cute points =A= It makes me want to kill people when ignorant dumbasses on youtube assume any asian girl in a puffy dress = KAWAIIIII even if it's being matches with a pair of horrendous looking suede boots that have nothing to do with the rest of the outfit =A= I mean the least she could do is curl her frekkin HAIR.

I don't disagree at all. I think if they made Nakajima dress up in a more...breezy refreshing way she'd be totally likable. As abynormal puts it, the "girl next door" fits her image so much more.

I haven't heard anything new past her first postMF album though. At this point I really don't like her so I no longer keep track.
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 08:29   Link #2009
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Hahaha COMRADEEE!!!!! <3!!!

I'm an asian girl too (and I like wearing those kinds of stuff T^T if only the world were an anime) so it drives me utterly insane when people just slaps on a loli dress on people that don't match it in hopes of adding cute points =A= It makes me want to kill people when ignorant dumbasses on youtube assume any asian girl in a puffy dress = KAWAIIIII even if it's being matches with a pair of horrendous looking suede boots that have nothing to do with the rest of the outfit =A= I mean the least she could do is curl her frekkin HAIR.

I don't disagree at all. I think if they made Nakajima dress up in a more...breezy refreshing way she'd be totally likable. As abynormal puts it, the "girl next door" fits her image so much more.

I haven't heard anything new past her first postMF album though. At this point I really don't like her so I no longer keep track.
And because I'm feeling extra mean tonight, ippus my love, I present to you some more screenshots confirming NakaMegu's wardrobe manager hates her

Spoiler for for space:
Old 2009-10-28, 04:32   Link #2010
BanishingBook

I like the Budokan Iteza Gogo Kuji don't be late. = ) Awesome
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 23:20   Link #2011
Aershelelou
キラッ☆~

My favorite was the Nyan Nyan Service Medley. It's an orgasm for my ears. Also sends chills down my spine.

My second close favorite is most likely Northern Cross. The way May'n sings it is so... passionate and you can just feel the energy and how she cries out. Very, very deep.
Aershelelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 03:21   Link #2012
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
And because I'm feeling extra mean tonight, ippus my love, I present to you some more screenshots confirming NakaMegu's wardrobe manager hates her

Spoiler for for space:
You know what's tragic?
I actually LIKE the first outfit (which I shall name the "Bigbird butt") if it weren't for the mismatch hair and shoes (again).
I'd...actually wear it on a normal day even if it would result in a lot of "wtf" looks X'D

Slap on long black 5 inch high platform boots and hair down, it would look cute in an odd way.

Otherwise though...the rest of the outfits are just eyeburn >A>;;;
Whether Megu wanted these types of clothes or whether it was someone else's fault...whoever it is either hates her guts or happens to be really tasteless :'D

On the other hand....I ADORE MAY'N'S BOOTS;;; the one on fanclub's night >A<!!!
May'N's really cute with fluffy stuff on too hahaha :'D;;;

You know what's strange? May'N's totally donned the whole sheryl nome look but I can separate her from the cartoon character. Nakajima on the other hand looks nothing like Ranka but always tries too hard to be her >A>;
Old 2009-10-29, 05:56   Link #2013
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
I like the Budokan Iteza Gogo Kuji don't be late. = ) Awesome
You mean the part where Megumi-sings-the-first-stanza-then-May'n-is-singing-from-somwehre-while-Sheryl-is-shown-on-the-screen-while-you-totally-have-no-idea-if-Megumi-is-trying-to-lip-synch-or-not?

Quote:
You know what's tragic?
I actually LIKE the first outfit (which I shall name the "Bigbird butt") if it weren't for the mismatch hair and shoes (again).
I'd...actually wear it on a normal day even if it would result in a lot of "wtf" looks X'D

Slap on long black 5 inch high platform boots and hair down, it would look cute in an odd way.

Otherwise though...the rest of the outfits are just eyeburn >A>;;;
Whether Megu wanted these types of clothes or whether it was someone else's fault...whoever it is either hates her guts or happens to be really tasteless :'D

On the other hand....I ADORE MAY'N'S BOOTS;;; the one on fanclub's night >A<!!!
May'N's really cute with fluffy stuff on too hahaha :'D;;;

You know what's strange? May'N's totally donned the whole sheryl nome look but I can separate her from the cartoon character. Nakajima on the other hand looks nothing like Ranka but always tries too hard to be her >A>;
Yesss!! The fanclub's night costume and the furry vest are made of win!!!!
Old 2009-10-30, 09:19   Link #2014
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:

What amuses me with the image casting of either woman in the concert is that Megumi is older than May'n by a few months.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 10:13   Link #2015
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
What amuses me with the image casting of either woman in the concert is that Megumi is older than May'n by a few months.
Yes, but she's also cuter than May'n is.

Besides, someone like Matsuda Seiko is older than both of them put together and STILL tries to pull off the "Burikko" thing. Sometimes, she even succeeds.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 10:31   Link #2016
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
God, no. At least, I don't think so. Or maybe, I'm not really into the whole "cute" thing. Also, note that I don't find May'n particularly attractive, either.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 11:07   Link #2017
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:

Besides, someone like Matsuda Seiko is older than both of them put together and STILL tries to pull off the "Burikko" thing. Sometimes, she even succeeds.
...I think May'N's way cuter than Nakajima o_o That isn't to say that I think May'N is particularly attractive either (There are certain days I can't quite get past her teeth), just that she...talks and says things in a really cute way o.o

Whereas With Megumi I always expect her to be (and act =_=) a little more mature...but then the ranka talk pops out with the retarded condescension voice and onscreen clapping.

I think May'N tends to appear older when she does stage performances and stuff though since...she's not...particularly...graceful haha...hahahahhaha;;;;;

Ha.
She kind of...hulks. Hahahaha;;;;;;;;;;

When i first saw a live tape on YT I thought she was like...30;;;;; The clothes she wore for that Northern Cross singing didn't help much too. So, SO glad those days are over >___>
Old 2009-10-30, 17:07   Link #2018
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
God, no. At least, I don't think so. Or maybe, I'm not really into the whole "cute" thing. Also, note that I don't find May'n particularly attractive, either.
Really? I dunno. I find Megumi rather pretty. Again: she's pretty, she can sing, she can act, she can make Valkyrie model kits, and she probably has the home phone phone numbers for both Yoko Kanno AND Shoji Kawamori. She's the ultimate dream wife for any discerning Macross fanboy.

Quote:
...I think May'N's way cuter than Nakajima o_o That isn't to say that I think May'N is particularly attractive either (There are certain days I can't quite get past her teeth), just that she...talks and says things in a really cute way o.o

Whereas With Megumi I always expect her to be (and act =_=) a little more mature...but then the ranka talk pops out with the retarded condescension voice and onscreen clapping.

I think May'N tends to appear older when she does stage performances and stuff though since...she's not...particularly...graceful haha...hahahahhaha;;;;;

Ha.
She kind of...hulks. Hahahaha;;;;;;;;;;

When i first saw a live tape on YT I thought she was like...30;;;;; The clothes she wore for that Northern Cross singing didn't help much too. So, SO glad those days are over >___>
Yeah...May'n definitely looks and sounds older than Megumi...but hell, I remember when I first heard "Crazy Crazy Crazy" and thought, this girl's FOURTEEN??? She sounded like she was easily 25~30.

I also agree that May'n shouldn't try to dance when she sings. She just looks...awkward. She should just stand there and channel the voice of a goddess...let her singing be the star of the show.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 18:24   Link #2019
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Megumi's closer to being hot than cute, it's just that her retarded "I'm a real life Ranka Lee, no really" act dimmers her hotness. It's bad enough that she has to image herself as that but she keeps the Ranka Lee singing voice when I think her "Real" voice sounds better...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 00:42   Link #2020
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

May'n looks awkward when she dances? Clearly, you haven't seen Nakajima dance.

Tags
music