Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-05, 15:09   Link #21
Zacron-X
Star-born Hero

Send a message via AIM to Zacron-X Send a message via Yahoo to Zacron-X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFuMan
First of all, it is absurd to believe that the heat of lightening is 4 times hotter than the core of the sun. The air heated by lightening can reach a temperature of 54 thousand degree Fahrenheit, whereas the central region of the sun can reach up to 27 million degrees Fahrenheit. It is often said that lightning is 5 times hotter than the sun -- what this refers to is the top of the photosphere, often called the surface of the sun. The temperature there reaches almost 10 thousand degrees Fahrenheit. So, lightning is 5 times hotter than the SURFACE of the sun.

And yes, the power of lightening in the manga is overrated and unrealistic. It is overrated because the amount of electricity that Eneru generated cannot destroy a whole island. In addition, it is unrealistic because a bolt of lightening contains 30 million volts which would kill an average human instantly; while, someone said Eneru used 70 million volts to shock Zoro and yet failed to kill him.
Well, that's all true, but Zoro's not exactly your average human is he?
Old 2004-03-05, 15:29   Link #22
scoopnokes
Bother-Bother

You Know zoro reminds me of the hulk, strenght and tough as nails. However he is overdoing all that stuff. Would it be cool if Zoro had a devil fruit power that makes if bigger or smaller.
Old 2004-03-05, 16:47   Link #23
Zacron-X
Star-born Hero

I don't think Zoro should get devil fruit powers, it would take away from his overall character. He's a bad ass because he can stand up to people who use devil fruit powers, without using any himself, and still coming out on top. Although, it would be interesting to see him using a power that complimented his santouryu. Ideas anyone?
Old 2004-03-05, 21:00   Link #24
scoopnokes
Bother-Bother

Guess you're right, Zoro is good without it but i would like to see it happen
Old 2004-03-05, 23:17   Link #25
ItsuJin

Send a message via MSN to ItsuJin
yeah, but Ace's fire ability is the best.. he can fight that smoker guy equally.. hell yeah.. fire all the way!
Old 2004-03-07, 03:01   Link #26
Jn183

Hmm...my favorite so far would be
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-07, 11:49   Link #27
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacron-X
I don't think Zoro should get devil fruit powers, it would take away from his overall character. He's a bad ass because he can stand up to people who use devil fruit powers, without using any himself, and still coming out on top. Although, it would be interesting to see him using a power that complimented his santouryu. Ideas anyone?
gama gama fruit. the wind blade thing from the filler arc.

Physics book: "LIghting being 4 times hotter than the center of the sun can melt the sand when it strikes the beach. The sand then immediately cools down and becomes silicon"
Old 2004-03-07, 14:15   Link #28
ToFuMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido

Physics book: "LIghting being 4 times hotter than the center of the sun can melt the sand when it strikes the beach. The sand then immediately cools down and becomes silicon"
I don't know what physics book you have been reading, but that is entirely false. Go do some research before you state them. Let me say it again, lightening is not 4 times hotter than the center of the sun. They are 4 times hotter than the SURFACE of the sun. Better yet, go to your school and ask your professor.
Old 2004-03-07, 14:25   Link #29
scoopnokes
Bother-Bother

Ok Tofu man that has nothing to do with this topic
Old 2004-03-07, 14:37   Link #30
ToFuMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopnokes
Ok Tofu man that has nothing to do with this topic
Back on topic: I like a time devil fruit. A fruit that allow the manipulation of time.
Old 2004-03-07, 18:34   Link #31
scoopnokes
Bother-Bother

wouldn't that be kind of cheesy
Old 2004-03-07, 18:41   Link #32
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuMan
Back on topic: I like a time devil fruit. A fruit that allow the manipulation of time.
humm a Time Time No Mi is a thing i don't want to see altough i admit it would be serious cool, but i mean there is no way anyone in the straw hat crew would manage a guy that controls time, the fight would end 10 minutes time before it would start , it's better not to exist fruits that control time, space and matter because it would be too much power.
the fruits i really want to see are the Kaze and Mizu i want to see what original method will Luffy come up to defeat a guy who is wind or water.
Old 2004-03-07, 19:04   Link #33
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
humm a Time Time No Mi is a thing i don't want to see altough i admit it would be serious cool, but i mean there is no way anyone in the straw hat crew would manage a guy that controls time, the fight would end 10 minutes time before it would start , it's better not to exist fruits that control time, space and matter because it would be too much power.
the fruits i really want to see are the Kaze and Mizu i want to see what original method will Luffy come up to defeat a guy who is wind or water.
there is a similar fruit

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-07, 21:41   Link #34
ToFuMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopnokes
wouldn't that be kind of cheesy
Lol, a time time no mi fruit would be cheesy
Old 2004-03-07, 22:26   Link #35
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:

It's Kama Kama fruit.

///_^
Old 2004-03-07, 22:27   Link #36
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
It's Kama Kama fruit.

///_^
samething.

same phonetic sound.
Old 2004-03-07, 22:44   Link #37
Zacron-X
Star-born Hero

If someone did have a Time Time no Mi, it'd be great if they were just some idiot and didn't know how to use it. Random time jumps everywhere, they could have a whole episode of Luffy just being confused because the sun keeps moving up and down so fast. I could easily see some poor guy accidently eating a time fruit and totally messing up his powers...he'd be a little old man named Jiji and Luffy would help him by finding a way to strip him of his powers. There's no way that a Time Time no Mi would be able to exist in the One Piece world with a competent user...however, when you throw incompetence into the mix...^^: teehehe
Old 2004-03-08, 02:49   Link #38
Dene
Meow~~

I have don't read the manga but i think the water fruit should be great if you can control the prue water inside your body
Old 2004-03-08, 08:06   Link #39
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
samething.

same phonetic sound.
Nah, can't be the same thing. Just because something like Sea and See sound the same doesn't mean it has the same meaning. Just admit it, Dranz has put one up on one of the Shichibukai. Even though it was only the spelling of a word

///_^
Old 2004-03-08, 10:05   Link #40
soraryu

It would be awesome if a devil fruit that has the power of freeze (as in water being frozen) exists - in the hands of a competent user. It would be an excellent chance for the Straw Hat pirates to meet a challenger with such powers to upgrade their skills before facing another of the Shichibukai.
Closed Thread