AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 60 53.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-27, 01:47   Link #181
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

yeah I agree what made ep 8 so dramatic was all thanks to Sana's friends resolving the issue of nanaka and the fire poorly. If they solved it right, then things wouldn't culminate to that emotional scene.
Old 2007-11-27, 05:33   Link #182
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
yeah I agree what made ep 8 so dramatic was all thanks to Sana's friends resolving the issue of nanaka and the fire poorly. If they solved it right, then things wouldn't culminate to that emotional scene.
Can't argue with that

I'd like to change the way I put my arguments forward, because people are concentrating on the wrong parts of it. Lets just ignore the whole good friends, bad friends thing. Instead it lets consider the assignation of blame by the characters in the show.

For example Sana blamed Shuu with the why didn't you tell me. I think that was fair and Shuu's response not fair.

Nanaka blamed Sana for not being there for her. I don't blame her for this as she had many Bad Things (TM) happen to her. Until this episode Sana just soaked it up and even when he did snap, he was able to remember the postbox.

Shuu and Shuri both blamed Sana for sticking his foot into it. Now this I believe is wrong. Even if we ignore the issue of no one contacting Sana in the past, right now Sana is making a mess of things to everyone's discomfort. Now if they don't want to tell him then that is up to them, but they are wrong to not tell him and still blame him.

*Edit*
Opps and I forgot to put my point...

To me this all adds up to Sana smelling of roses. I agree with all those who say about the ones who were still around might have had issues that they considered more important. Who knows even if they did contact Sana he might have told them to sod off as he might have been suffering from his own Bad Things(TM).

All I can say is I don't like how Shuri, Shuu and Aoi have dealt with Sana and Nanaka from what we have been currently shown.
Old 2007-11-27, 06:35   Link #183
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
For example Sana blamed Shuu with the why didn't you tell me. I think that was fair and Shuu's response not fair.
Yep I didn't like Shuu's response to Sana. It made me think "just because you couldn't do anything doesn't mean you have to assume that others can't". Also I would think that Sana could of done something for Nanaka, after all it did look like Nanaka was closest to Sana more then the others. They shared a freaking secret mailbox for crying out loud. I would think, if anyone could of done something then it would of been Sana..
Old 2007-11-27, 07:04   Link #184
Saleh
Inactive

And the cyclic discussion continues ... . Perhaps Syuri will give a better reply to that question in episode 9 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Yep I didn't like Shuu's response to Sana. It made me think "just because you couldn't do anything doesn't mean you have to assume that others can't". Also I would think that Sana could of done something for Nanaka, after all it did look like Nanaka was closest to Sana more then the others. They shared a freaking secret mailbox for crying out loud. I would think, if anyone could of done something then it would of been Sana..
Frankly, it was a very good assumption. After Syuu said Is there anything you could do even if I told you?!, Sana couldn't say a word against it. Sana didn't reply because he considered the assumption to be correct (atleast partially). He would have given a counterargument if he felt different.
Old 2007-11-27, 07:37   Link #185
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Frankly, it was a very good assumption. After Syuu said Is there anything you could do even if I told you?!, Sana couldn't say a word against it. Sana didn't reply because he considered the assumption to be correct (atleast partially). He would have given a counterargument if he felt different.
Perhaps but it's really not up to Shuu to decide. If he had told Sana earlier, then perhaps he may of payed more attention to Nanaka... Certainly people say that Shuu is being considerate by not telling people of Nanaka's tragedy (not wanting to tell Sana without permission), but you could also say that by purposely not telling Sana he is in affect prying into Nanaka's business and making decisions for her. The same goes with all the other characters (Aoi, Shuri ect)...

Also everyone could of seen that Nanaka obviously wanted Sana to comfort her, after all she sent those letters saying "help me" to the mailbox only known to Sana and Nanaka. She didn't ask for help from any of the other guys, only Sana.
Old 2007-11-28, 01:53   Link #186
monir
cho~ kakkoii

What an episode!!!! Yes! my girl. Yes! It's your moment to shine and relish. *sniff*
Old 2007-11-28, 05:34   Link #187
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

What made this episode for me was Koshimizu Ami's long emotional speech as Nanaka, near the end. Just, wow! Her voice is complex and strong, she has great control of it, and every nuance of sound she produces with it has emotional meaning.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-12-10, 05:09   Link #188
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Perhaps it's just me, but though I find the episode charged with more emotional tension than most so far, there were a few things that they could have improved on.

The highlight was obviously the revelation of Nanaka's past. It's pretty good that they showed the happier memories of the past to us first, before throwing us the revelation of the fire and then to the scene of an agitated Nanaka.

-I'm guessing some people would have wanted to kick Sana hard when he greeted Asami, but if he didn't, it would simply show that there was indeed something suspicious between them. Well, either way it was a lose-lose for him, considering how emo Nanaka had been ever since the tragedy.

-Nice touch from the secret letter exchange. The joy Nanaka showed when receiving the stone from Sana earlier on was probably connected with the charm thingy here in their secret letters.

What I'm somewhat left bemused about is the pep talk by Yuzuki. The focus almost seemed to deviate from there, but thankfully they got it back on track when her pep talk took effect. Another thing was the transition of scenes. Why did Nanaka agreed to meeting Sana when she was extremely upset with him? The least we could get to see was a scene of Sana convincing her to come, or perhaps even just one sentence to prove that he had to make some effort to get her to the mailbox.

While Koshimizu Ami did a great job, Shinnosuke Tachibana didn't do such an impressive job. Still, I concede that the hesitation and the awkwardness as well as the sentence about his "new friends" must have silenced him, save for the most important assurance that Nanaka needed to hear. The transition from here there was a little awkward too, but I guess that happens when you rush for time.
Closed Thread