AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-25, 23:28   Link #281
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Now that I've seen the whole series, this is one that I would seriously consider getting... on top of all the ones that I'm getting now, plus the ones that I'm planning on getting.

From AnimeonDVD.com:
Quote:
Right Stuf Acquires The Third (02:32 PM EST): In a deal similar to the Bandai/Kadokawa release of Haruhi, Right Stuf is the latest company to work with Kadokawa Pictures USA in bringing over The Third for domestic release
Now that is confirmed, this thread needs to be moved.

"The Girl with the Blue Eye" sounds so plain, I've would've like to see it as "The Girl with the Azure Eye" instead, but that's just me.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 23:40   Link #282
Joojoobees

Yes it held up well to the end. Not my fave, but a good show, and I'm glad it is going to be released stateside.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 15:27   Link #283
tom9984

Decent show, worth watching.

P.S. Honoka needs some boobs.
tom9984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 15:41   Link #284
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ And as far as i remember, she has them. Thank you very much
Old 2007-07-24, 04:57   Link #285
Robotnik
Not a member

Exclamation Official preview episode streaming on IGN

If anyone's interested in watching the entire first episode dubbed, TRSI/Nozomi (the English R1 licensors) have provided an official streaming link

http://the-third.rightstuf.com/watch-now
http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/945/945585/vids_1.html

This one's legal, folks.

I watched it yesterday; the dub sounded pretty good.

official announcement at AoD

Last edited by Robotnik; 2007-07-24 at 16:02. Reason: added links to official announcement
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 00:29   Link #286
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
If anyone's interested in watching the entire first episode dubbed, TRSI/Nozomi (the English R1 licensors) have provided an official streaming link

http://the-third.rightstuf.com/watch-now
http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/945/945585/vids_1.html

This one's legal, folks.

I watched it yesterday; the dub sounded pretty good.

official announcement at AoD
Nice! liking the dub so far, good choice of voice actors.
Old 2008-08-08, 14:27   Link #287
FireChick

Who knows about this anime?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 15:16   Link #288
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

What do you want to know?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 06:17   Link #289
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

If that was the only question, a lot of people know of it, out of which most of those who have posted in this thread.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:40   Link #290
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Here, I'll add my 2 cents then.

Started out extremely interesting. Good Dub.
When it finishes, it sorta peters out. Nothing resolved (other than the blonde guy), and nothing really moved forward.

Episode 13 and 25? Were the most horrible animated crap since Negima.

That's about it. Good watch, but I'd rather watch Sunabozu or Trigun.

Old 2008-08-15, 09:05   Link #291
FireChick

I want to try out this series, but I have some doubts and questions. Is it ecchi? Is it full of fan-service and nude people? I want to see this, but episodes are hard to find and I haven't gotten the DVDs yet. I found this one website (can't say name) that has the episodes, but when I tried to sign up, it says I have to be 18. I'm 15, so I didn't sign up. The opening is really addicting and pretty.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:24   Link #292
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Is it ecchi? Is it full of fan-service and nude people?
Not really. There's a little bit, but I'd definitely place it at the low end of the spectrum. More likely the age rating is for violence.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 12:40   Link #293
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

If you want ecchi in a desert setting, go watch Sunabouzo.
This is just about a girl who goes around and fights robots.

Old 2008-08-15, 12:42   Link #294
FireChick

Quote:
Not really. There's a little bit, but I'd definitely place it at the low end of the spectrum. More likely the age rating is for violence.
Okay then. I'll try it out then and see how it goes.
Old 2009-07-13, 16:23   Link #295
Anye

bump!

Just finished this anime, and INSTANTLY downloaded the OST. Both I would give a 100/10 XD

YES definitely some "fan-service" scenes/characters; as I'm a girl, however, I only appreciated it for the humor and art, and not the um... well, the fan-service-y part of it? XD

It is an AMAZING anime, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for anime that satisfies up until the very end, and doesn't leave you with any regret........ other than episodes 13 and 23's art. What. The. Frak. Like other people have said, you only continued watching WHILE cringing in pain due to the characters' incredible voice acting ability. You really feel the emotion in the voices, even the narrator; I didn't feel he was too distracting at all, I've been an avid reader of fantasy and sci-fi since I was VERY small, so it felt as if I was reading a book and watching an anime at the same time.

Speaking of the animation, I would definitely give it a 10/10 especially with the CGI, but there was always something missing for me. Either it was the fact that 13/23 was ruined, or just that I've seen better animation in other anime. However, it is still a 10/10.

The soundtrack, now.... SUKOKU SUBARASHIIIIIIIII~ (weeaboo moment, but yeah >_> It's versatile, it basically--along with the voice actors--contributes to a LOT of the emotion and atmosphere of the anime--playful, sad, anger, motivated--even the scenic and beautiful landscapes have music that matches the art perfectly! Superb job! OST and both EDs were extremely appropriate; I would actually recommend that you ONLY listen to the OP's TV version while watching the anime, and then after you finish, listen to the OP's full version afterwards; it gives you more of a fulfilled feeling, especially while reading the lyrics. Both EDs were good but very "normal" and, though not quite as epic as the OP or the background music in the anime, satisfying enough and worth a download.

Last edited by Anye; 2009-07-13 at 16:25. Reason: added more
Anye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 16:31   Link #296
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anye View Post
Speaking of the animation, I would definitely give it a 10/10 especially with the CGI, but there was always something missing for me. Either it was the fact that 13/23 was ruined, or just that I've seen better animation in other anime. However, it is still a 10/10.
Most likely it was how they showed the scenes as opposed to the quality. If I recall correctly there were these few scenes here and there towards the end where it was a little forces/lazy the way they did it. Still good stuff though.
Old 2010-05-16, 15:05   Link #297
carmolita

I just finished watching this series... It's not bad, although I wish they explored hanoka relationship w/Jōganki More, maybe a triangle or quadrangle ...either way..from what I've read the manga is a prequal to the anime... Does anyone know why Joganki loves hanoka and why does she distance herself from him?? Often in the anime she says that she knows him best as she knows herself...
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-23, 10:03   Link #298
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I watched The Third a few years back and decided to give it a second viewing this past week. There are many things to like about this show, particularly the characters and the visuals, but it suffers from the annoying narration. I also found the ending pretty rushed. We finally get to a big confrontation over the Techno Taboo and the role of The Third, only to have it be resolved in just a few minutes. It needed at least one more episode. Or else the Rona arc should have been shortened. I gave The Third an 8/10 the first time around, and a second viewing confirms that score.

The violin theme in the OP reminded me of the score to the game Chrono Cross. I'm now replaying that!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-28, 21:01   Link #299
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I really liked the character design for Honoka and her personal arc together with small touches like her interest in poetry and how she uses it for introspection. I didn't find the series story to be extraordinary but her character itself was fantastic I think. That is what I remember most from the series.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, sci fi, shounen