AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 03:00   Link #1401
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder what will happen to Chihaya if they do something similar with Daddy Bear?
I wouldn't worry about that. Taichi and the others will be around to make sure that never happens.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 03:11   Link #1402
Yume Hanabi

They'll help her eat the ice XD
Old 2012-03-21, 06:56   Link #1403
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Suddenly that Suo dude piqued my interest, but probably the only downside is that Arata seems to take an even more backseat role in this episode. And the way Suo is portrayed as, it seems a little unlikely he will be unseated as master anytime soon by anyone, not even Arata for now.

But only 25 episodes? Another season is needed to fully tell the tale of Chihaya's passion!
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 07:29   Link #1404
warita
Dai-Youkai

I am afraid this anime will serve only as a commercial for the manga. The series obviously wont have a satisfying ending... well not the kind I expected. We wont even get to see how Chihaya, Taichi and Arate become good buddies again.

Frankly though, I dont mind that there wont be a second season. Truth is, the karuta duels are becoming a bit repetitive. It is the same thing all the time occationally interrupted by Chihayas sudden moments enlightment that sound pretty cheese more often than not.
The series started off as interesting and if they built in more romance or slice of life moments, it might have kept me content, but to be quite honest, I found myself yawning during the fight between Yumin and Shinobu.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 07:44   Link #1405
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I wouldn't worry about that. Taichi and the others will be around to make sure that never happens.
Yep, but if not for them, she'd probably end up like Shinobu. I guess her sister might stop her too.

Hmm, on second thoughts, I'm not sure she'd go that far for Daddy Bear. We've been shown a couple times that her priorities are: Karuta >>>>> Daddy bear > the rest. On the other hand, I get the impression Snowmaru is almost as important to Shinobu as Karuta.
Old 2012-03-21, 08:46   Link #1406
Kirarakim

I think it's just that Shinobu likes cute things, Snowmaru, the pictures on the Karuta cards. If its something cute she takes interest, otherwise she doesn't seem to care.
Old 2012-03-21, 09:16   Link #1407
LKK

I don't think anyone's mentioned yet what I thought was the episode's most surprising moment. When Chihaya asked Taichi to fetch his karuta set, he ignored her. He chose karuta over Chihaya for what I believe is the very first time. Karuta has finally become as important as Chihaya is to Taichi.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:31   Link #1408
Yume Hanabi

Yep, noticed that too. That was a very good moment. How he's grown!
Old 2012-03-21, 10:57   Link #1409
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Besides they have Nishida, he'll eat the ice all on his own.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:28   Link #1410
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Something interesting I just stumbled across: Chihayafuru Bilingual Edition. From what I can learn through Google, it's intended for people learning English and contains the text in both languages. Looks like they've done the first two volumes, which puts them behind the scanlators, but I'm sorely tempted.
Okay I know this is a really late reply. I remembered reading this but didn't pay attention until Wandering Dreamer mentioned it to me again on Twitter.

But thanks so much for pointing this out, I have bought both volumes and now I am eagerly waiting to be able to read Chihayafuru in English. They probably won't come until May (because I am shipping it something else that is not released until end of April).

I'll let people know how the translations are when I get them. Hopefully they will be translating more than just two volumes. I hope interest is up for these because I would be happy to buy the manga this way if it's never released in the states (it is a bit expensive but for this series I think it
s totally worth the cost).
Old 2012-03-21, 20:54   Link #1411
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
That's not quite what Forsaken said,by saying

He said that there's nothing wrong with breaking rules.

Now I know Yumin isn't cheating but from what I understand Forsaken would have no problem with it even if she was.

There's plenty of exemples of "utilizing ambiguous rules" in soccer but there's nothing ambiguous about what Henry did,he flat out broke a rule.
Oh but you're disregarding all those conditions I put before saying that he played as he was supposed to. I don't condone what he did whatsoever. It is only from the perspective of a very strict definition of competitive play that he did what he had to win and it was the fault of the officials for not catching it and not his for trying it. I dislike it when people focus on one part of my post only when my posts are longwinded and I count on having everything in there read and pondered over to get my point across but there's no helping it I guess

Anyway, I wonder how they will end the anime. Any ideas?
Old 2012-03-21, 22:09   Link #1412
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Taichi mom really hates Chihaya and Shinobu really changed in a few months she will do any thing for snowmaru
Old 2012-03-22, 02:27   Link #1413
sergel02

So, only one more episode of the series?

I just started watching the show since it was new this season and loved it. I want to know more of the story but can't find the manga anywhere.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 09:19   Link #1414
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
"Our true battle is only starting now!"

~Fin~
Old 2012-03-22, 09:27   Link #1415
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
So, only one more episode of the series?

I just started watching the show since it was new this season and loved it. I want to know more of the story but can't find the manga anywhere.
You can take a look at the manga thread...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109400
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 11:07   Link #1416
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Chihaya wakes up and realises it was all dream. ~Fin.
Old 2012-03-22, 11:27   Link #1417
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's been pointed out that Chihayafuru V. 16 was the #1 ranked manga last week, selling 212K copies in its first week. It wasn't against debuts from any of the shounen powerhouses, but that's still the best week I can recall for Chihayafuru. It's still a longshot we get a 2nd season, but every little bit helps.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 11:43   Link #1418
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's been pointed out that Chihayafuru V. 16 was the #1 ranked manga last week, selling 212K copies in its first week. It wasn't against debuts from any of the shounen powerhouses, but that's still the best week I can recall for Chihayafuru. It's still a longshot we get a 2nd season, but every little bit helps.
Checking ANN for the previous numbers and it looks as followed:
Vol. 13 (June) sold 169k in the first week
Vol. 14 (September) sold 171k in the first week
Vol. 15 (December) sold 192k in the first week

There is clearly an increase after the anime started, hopefully it's significant enough for a second season.
Old 2012-03-22, 15:16   Link #1419
Undertaker

Which is why I think this is a tough call. Both sales (manga increase and DVD)and ratings are doing above average, but not quite enough to have a definitive call on S2 ATM.

On the other had, I think an live action is very likely based on the volume of sales on manga and that might be the key for any potential season 2.
Old 2012-03-22, 16:02   Link #1420
kitten320

Lol love sure does a lot of things. Shinobu really needs to diet now. Though because of her chubbiness she looks more like an innocent kid now.

The master guy really picked my interest.

Tags
josei, karuta, madhouse