AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 15:15   Link #41
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Just like Tsukihime, I wonder if some people deny the existence of Toei's Kanon anime ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-25, 15:18   Link #42
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'll just repost what I said on the announcements thread: "With KyoAni so busy lately I'm really scared that it might go to some other studio. Like others said if it's one of P.A. Works or White Fox it might still be ok but outside of that it'll be reason to get apprehensive. Just no Deen or Toei please!"

I can already see it: Deen gets it with Yamakan at the helm and with the script on the hands of Okada... Oh yes, I can see the blood runing through the streets of japan already.
I wonder what the reaction would be if P.A Works animated it with Kawamori as the director and Okada doing the script.

Or SHAFT animating with Shinbo at the helm. Now that would make things very interesting wouldn't it?
Old 2012-03-25, 15:23   Link #43
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Or SHAFT animating with Shinbo at the helm. Now that would make things very interesting wouldn't it?
I can see it now: mental houses across Japan would be filled with broken down otaku if that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Just like Tsukihime, I wonder if some people deny the existence of Toei's Kanon anime ?
I deny the existence of any adaptation of Clannad other than the KyoAni one. Does that count?
Old 2012-03-25, 15:23   Link #44
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
I'd rather have Ōnuma at the helm with SILVER LINK though.

Quote:
Reminds me that I've never watched KyoAni's version of Kanon.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:24   Link #45
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Toei version's of Key products (Air, Kanon, and Clannad) is never denied. Just used as an example of why KyoAni is as good as they are.

Or as a joke as to why something would need a remake after just a few years.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:24   Link #46
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
You will call me aniki!!!
Great news indeed. ^^
Old 2012-03-25, 15:25   Link #47
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
I wonder what the reaction would be if P.A Works animated it with Kawamori as the director and Okada doing the script.
If you're gonna pair up Kawamori with Okada you might as well go to Satelight
Old 2012-03-25, 15:34   Link #48
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, Okada proved she can outdo Key with AnoHana, so it's actually up her alley.

It's too obscure to be even considered, but then again she's doing friggin Lupin.

I just hope at least one male lead (there's not just one, right?) will end up with an actual woman instead of a loli or moeblob though, but that may be too much to expect from Key.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-25, 15:37   Link #49
BLAM
Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I just hope at least one male lead (there's not just one, right?) will end up with an actual woman instead of a loli or moeblob though, but that may be too much to expect from Key.
More or less all the characters are moeblobs as you call it, so hah.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:39   Link #50
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAM View Post
More or less all the characters are moeblobs as you call it, so hah.
Well, "moe" doesn't always equate to a moeblob. It's only when moe traits overly define the character then it happens. It's subjective I know, but then I'd get stabbed for listing examples so I'll leave it at that.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-25, 15:46   Link #51
BLAM
Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, "moe" doesn't always equate to a moeblob. It's only when moe traits overly define the character then it happens. It's subjective I know, but then I'd get stabbed for listing examples so I'll leave it at that.
Let's do so
*Holding knife behind his back*
But seriously, even so I think LB! should get a decent adaptation provided they don't cut it down as short as AB!
Old 2012-03-25, 15:48   Link #52
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

The last times a Key adaptation tried to be fit into 13 episodes...

Kanon 2002. You had arcs lasting less than 2 episodes. Shiori's was the worst because it started at the tail end of one and resolved in the next like it was some minor point.

There was also Air, which suffered from major coherency issues.

Spoiler for Air:

2 cour or bust, if it's at least as long as Clannad.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-25, 15:49   Link #53
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
LB is longer than Clannad which needed 48 episodes, despite it still had some cuts around.
Was it? I think Clannad tops LB in length. That is one gigantic game, with every character having their own route. The latter half of the game is even worth a single game by itself.

Key works, while I can't really understand why (I really find it strange), had always been a huge "hit or miss" among the audience. One could cry for a whole week watching Air while the other one goes "yeah, so?" and forgot about it. I expect this will also be the case with LB because it still has the usual Key elements.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:56   Link #54
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder about the length. One of the problems Key and KyoAni were having earlier with the idea of making this was the number of repetitive things you do in the game in order to get a good outcome. They were worried it might become rather boring sitting though minor changes type stories, or having the audiance get Endless Eight flashbacks because of the nature of some pieces of the game mechanics.
Old 2012-03-25, 16:00   Link #55
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Key works, while I can't really understand why (I really find it strange), had always been a huge "hit or miss" among the audience. One could cry for a whole week watching Air while the other one goes "yeah, so?" and forgot about it. I expect this will also be the case with LB because it still has the usual Key elements.
I have to agree with Archon on Air: that show was way too short for it's own good and it shows that KyoAni was still figuring out how to tackle such an adaptation. The pacing was really bad with the limited time the show had (13 episodes) so I sincerely hope that LB gets at least 24 if not a full 50 or so.
Old 2012-03-25, 16:02   Link #56
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Lol finally, and it's only been like how many years since little busters was released??
Old 2012-03-25, 16:03   Link #57
BLAM
Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Lol finally, and it's only been like how many years since little busters was released??
Well, more or less five years just like Air
Old 2012-03-25, 16:04   Link #58
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Was it? I think Clannad tops LB in length. That is one gigantic game, with every character having their own route. The latter half of the game is even worth a single game by itself.

Because Key relies on emotional shock value, it's necessary for you to give a damn about the characters before you care about what happens to them. For Kanon 2k2, Angel Beats, and Air, there was little time for you to grow attached to these people. But Air at least got something together. And of course the characters themselves have to be sympathetic and that really varies.

The other problem is that they aren't the most creative bunch and tend to recycle a lot of elements from what I've seen. It can get tiring, and at worst bad Key writing can seem like Moe snuff anime. :S

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-25, 16:07   Link #59
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Well, this is good news indeed. There's another series that we anime fans can look forward to in the future. It'd be nice if we find out soon which studio is responsible for the adaptation.
Old 2012-03-25, 16:13   Link #60
hyl
reading #hikaributts

LB was not my favorite of Key's VN's but atleast it can satisfy my thirst for anime adaptions of VN's. I agree that it defintely needs atleast 2 cours.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters