AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode Rating
* 2 2.08%
** 4 4.17%
*** 26 27.08%
**** 52 54.17%
***** 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 16:48   Link #21
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePuff
I'm still completely lost and confused about the connection between Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome. Also, maybe I'm the last person on earth to notice this, but was Arika running around in the background at the end of ep. 26 of Mai-HiME?
Yes, it has been mentioned quite a bit. I don't think there is any real connection between My-HiME and My Otome as of yet. We just have to wait and see. But we do know that many My-HiME characters have been brought over with some slight changes to play in My Otome. Sort of like how actors and actresses move on to play in other films.
Old 2005-12-18, 16:52   Link #22
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePuff
I'm still completely lost and confused about the connection between Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome. Also, maybe I'm the last person on earth to notice this, but was Arika running around in the background at the end of ep. 26 of Mai-HiME?
You just amazed me. Though, since this forum went back in time to January, I guess it can't be helped. Yes, Akira is in episode 26 and yes, everyone has already seen it and discussed in to exhaustion. For the match between Mai Otome and Mai HiME, there is little, they are alternate universes and basically unrelated, there are a few returning characters, but they may have had name changes of personality changes.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:00   Link #23
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Bah, into a second page I didn't notice... Need new eyes.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:01   Link #24
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Don't forget the option that Akira is "filling in" for Takumi as the Prince... This has been speculated around the place.

Why? Because the preview suggests that Arika might be filling in for Mashiro too!

So we would have a fake prince dancing with a fake (?) princess, and both sides hope the other won't find out...

And of course, we would get real prince Takumi ended up on a date of a sorts with real (?) princess Mashiro, out on the streets eating icecream. It would work, in a wacked out way...
How did you figure this out? It seems so plausible that it must be what will happen next episode!
Old 2005-12-18, 17:47   Link #25
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Damn hacker. *kicks*

The first half of the episode wasn't all that interesting (Irina excluded), I found, but the second half more than compensated.
Oh, and count me in the "Takumi is the prince and Akira is filling for him" group; I like that theory too much.

I'd write my hit-by-hit review, but I can't seem to be able to write right now
Or maybe the shock of the episode has passed over... oh well.

The prologue was hilarious, though; "It's so big and white... Can I lick it?" "ah--" "What the hell are you two doing?!"
LOL. Doesn't beat "I'm Durhan... lick lick lick", but it's pretty good

Only thing... "When we find [the real princess], we can take control of this world"... wtf?
And wouldn't it be funny if it turned out to be Nina after all... XD
Old 2005-12-18, 18:00   Link #26
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Only thing... "When we find [the real princess], we can take control of this world"... wtf?
It's obvious - the creators of the show want to assure the fans that the whole "who is the princess storyline" is really important and not only included in order to give the fans the opportunity to write theories about it.

I'd love to be Nina but I think an even better option would be Mashiro - everyone doubts it and in the end she turns out to be the real princess. Of course, one could ask why the hell in a country that's the leader in technology they obviously haven't heard of DNA tests but let's just leave it at that.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:17   Link #27
Mich666

The things that will happen in next episode are pretty clear from ending preview:

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-18, 18:18   Link #28
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Maybe they do know of DNA tests, but simply don't have the original royal family's DNA to test against. All sorts of things can be lost during war, thanks to random destruction caused by shots flying wide or whatever (probably even more so when a super-powerful being like an Otome fights another super-powerful being).
Old 2005-12-18, 18:27   Link #29
Juju
n00bsicle et ULTIMA

<whines and kicks her connection> I'm missing the last two eps...seems like I'm missin' a lot?
Old 2005-12-18, 18:30   Link #30
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
It's obvious - the creators of the show want to assure the fans that the whole "who is the princess storyline" is really important and not only included in order to give the fans the opportunity to write theories about it.

I'd love to be Nina but I think an even better option would be Mashiro - everyone doubts it and in the end she turns out to be the real princess. Of course, one could ask why the hell in a country that's the leader in technology they obviously haven't heard of DNA tests but let's just leave it at that.
Don't forget, they lost the ability to produce aircrafts.

The "superscience" exists in this universe only in pieces, with major, but simple, pieces missing.

If they can't even make planes, what makes you think they can have DNA testing?
Old 2005-12-18, 18:33   Link #31
Matrim

Nothing in particular, it's just a bit too convenient not to be able to do a DNA test and end the cotroversy about the the princess.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:36   Link #32
Mysticmidnightmaiden
is Ultra Relaxed

Send a message via AIM to Mysticmidnightmaiden
Wow! It's good to be back, though I wish to go "Shin"zuru on the nutjobs the hacked the 'Suki forums. But enough on threats and immaturity:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich666
The things that will happen in next episode are pretty clear from ending preview:

Spoiler:
I'd most definately have to agree with you here. I'm absolutely pumped to see Akira-kun again (and especially thrilled to see her cross-dressing again!). But remember, this IS a show by Sunrise, known to show unreliable episode previews (think Mai-HiME death scenes). Knowing them, they may kill off Erostin-chan or Akane may loose her powers.

Oh, wait. THAT'S Ep. 13, my bad.

(Still praying that her predictions won't come true)
Old 2005-12-18, 18:43   Link #33
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Aww man... I have to re-register today....

A good ep for Nina.... I hoped to see more of her past when I saw the preview, yet in the end it didn't happen.

Although I thought is kinda random Sergay just happen to be there where the bird droped the watch thing, lol. I know he had help... but is a bird!! It fly everywhere, how did he know which one it suppose to be?!
Old 2005-12-18, 18:52   Link #34
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Akuma-sama
Mai got Hacked too O_o

I though it was an ok episode, it was funny, but it had less 'memorable' moments than some of the episodes before. But I'm soooo happy Akira is back, and not ''really'' male.

I like the idea of Takumi and Mashiro both sneaking off from their duties but fate has them spend the day together anyway. The preview of them together looks cute....but...if you were sneaking around away from your duties would you wear clothes that had the national symbol on them? That's about as covert as wearing flashing lights. And also, if they go down the route of Takumi and Mashiro, where does this place my darling Akira. Bah, I'm not too bothered really, the relationship worked in HiME as Takumi was half dead all the time.

And yeah I'm going to put it, so curse me, Shizuru's line about always being by Natsuki's side made me very mushy, almost to the point where I'm petrified she couldn't be more doomed. And what, no blush from Natsuki? 'cos she probably already knows you will Shizuru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Nothing in particular, it's just a bit too convenient not to be able to do a DNA test and end the cotroversy about the the princess.
Well it is, but it's probably less convenient than Takumi just happening to walk by as Mashiro is knocked unconscious by Mikoto (let alone that they may be Prince/Princess), that Nina's pendant just happened to fall into a passing boat, and then just happened to get stolen by a crow which subsequently, out of all the places in the entire city, landed right at Serg's feet. He didn't even need to walk more than two steps.

But such is the world of Otome I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic
Oh, wait. THAT'S Ep. 13, my bad.

(Still praying that her predictions won't come true)
Heh, deep down do we all sense something very bad for unlucky 13...
Old 2005-12-18, 18:59   Link #35
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
EDIT: And what's with the rule of only moderators being able to start these threads? I don't really have any feelings on it, but where did it come from? Man, don't turn this into another Egosoft forum mess up. Though I'm probably being paranoid.
It's not that big of a deal. Focus on the show and worry less about who starts the thread. I'll be starting the Episode threads for now on to keep continuity. What's important is chatting about the episode/show and getting the forums back in shape.

Let's not make it an issue out of it. Frisky lesbians in short school uniforms kicking ass is way more important right now.

Cheers.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:06   Link #36
Juju
n00bsicle et ULTIMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Frisky lesbians in short school uniforms kicking ass...
I absolutely concur

Now, being a new fan to this series - just a question for you die-hards. Why is there rumor-mongering about Shizuru's seeming demise in later episodes? What would validate that...?
Old 2005-12-18, 19:17   Link #37
Matrim

Quote:
And yeah I'm going to put it, so curse me, Shizuru's line about always being by Natsuki's side made me very mushy, almost to the point where I'm petrified she couldn't be more doomed.
I really hope you are right. After all, some of the characters will probably die in the series and if I had to choose I'd choose Shizuru right after Arika.
*runs for his life pursued by a crowd of Shizuru fans*

Quote:
Well it is, but it's probably less convenient than Takumi just happening to walk by as Mashiro is knocked unconscious by Mikoto (let alone that they may be Prince/Princess), that Nina's pendant just happened to fall into a passing boat, and then just happened to get stolen by a crow which subsequently, out of all the places in the entire city, landed right at Serg's feet. He didn't even need to walk more than two steps.
Well, I didn't say these events were any less convenient, did I? But they are not that important for the plot as the identity of the princess.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:25   Link #38
Mich666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati
Heh, deep down do we all sense something very bad for unlucky 13...
hey, there will be new OP and/or ED in ep13, ....or it will be ep14?

and the name of ep13 is Towards the Red Sky ;-)
Old 2005-12-18, 19:29   Link #39
frodo1701
Anime Addict

Even with all the loss, I'm glad we're up and running again. SERIOUS withdrawl I echo all the various opinions on the hacker's punishment if caught.

Now to more important matters.

Sergey knew Arika's birthday without her telling. She didn't even realize it had come until she reads the note. Did Rena actually have a daughter on that day? Or, does he believe she is the real princess.Both? I also find it interesting that someone told Arika that Sept. 7 was her birthday.(her grandma?)After all, she never personally knew her parents.

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for preview:
Old 2005-12-18, 19:31   Link #40
duster_Fukku
Finally found it

Quote:
hey, there will be new OP and/or ED in ep13, ....or it will be ep14?

and the name of ep13 is Towards the Red Sky ;-)
Really? The Gundam Seed style?!:O
God, hope it will be awsome!! Where did you get the news?
Closed Thread