3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-15, 00:54   Link #101
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This episode puts huge question mark to that assessment. Skill is one thing but without honing ones skill, it becomes dull. So even if these MP's were on top of their recruiting class during their academy years, they shouldn't have a shred of chance if they engage the Titans when the occasion calls for it once in a blue moon. Recon Corp, on the other hand, seeks out and engages the Titans on a fairly regular basis. The combat experience alone puts any surviving Recon Corps soldier shoulders above any of the Military Police that never fought a Titan. So I have my doubts the MP will be effective as much as Recon Corp when it comes to fighting Titans. Humanity goes bye bye as soon as Recon Corp is dismantled. This episode makes a very strong case that the MPs aren't going to save the day.
Yep. The MP will likely freeze up as well when they see a titan since they never learn to face their fears. It's just like with Hannes in the first episode where he was confident in taking out a titan but chickened out at first sight.
Old 2013-09-15, 00:58   Link #102
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
?

Eren didn't transformed in the well because lack of resolve.
No it its not that. He kept biting his hand that it wont regenerate at all.

Whatever powers Titans have are nerfed by the lack of an energy source. Remember Titans don't digest what they eat.

To transform he needs a clear goal and somewhere with sunlight.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 00:59   Link #103
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Poor Annie. Hoped they stripped her while in human form...

Anyway... I think we might see a lot of blood next episode again.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 01:00   Link #104
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
Yep. The MP will likely freeze up as well when they see a titan since they never learn to face their fears. It's just like with Hannes in the first episode where he was confident in taking out a titan but chickened out at first sight.
They said it themselves this episode, Annie was the only one of the recruits there that had actually seen and fought Titans...the rest probably never even seen one from a distance much less actually fought an actual titan.

It doesn't matter if you're top of a class if all you do is lazy around for the rest of your days.
Hell, if the Recon Corp with their "inferior" members ever went up against the MP I'm sure their sorry asses would be dead in two seconds. Enough experience beats talent any day.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 01:01   Link #105
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
That's an excellent reminder. Thanks. I totally forgot about that. Hannes was gathering all his courage and seemed resolute to face the titan until he came face to face with one.

Since episode 1, this anime has masterfully handled the fear in people at a consistent basis. Very few can master their fear let alone overcome it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 01:01   Link #106
peskylemur25

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Poor Annie. Hoped they stripped her while in human form...
She just turn into a titan lol. Let try to beat her first.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 01:08   Link #107
Dark-Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
....kill the human body and Erengelion dies as well.
LOL best quote of the day XD
Dark-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 01:10   Link #108
Gravitas Free Zone

There must be some really good perks, or some enormous pressure from on high, to have made the MPs as corrupt, sloppy, and lazy as they are. It looks like it takes a considerable amount of skill and brains to complete 3DMG training, and while people do enter the MPs to be safer, there had to have been some people over the years who really meant it when they decided to enter the MPs in order to be humanity's final line of defense, and might have tried to reform the system (and failed).
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 01:31   Link #109
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, interesting plot we got here on this episode so far. This definitely can't end well for Annie for what she's done up till now.

Holy crap the scene where all the people try to jump Annie was kind of funny because they had fat people doing parkour moves off of buldings..
Old 2013-09-15, 01:41   Link #110
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Hmm, interesting plot we got here on this episode so far. This definitely can't end well for Annie for what she's done up till now.
The question remains what exactly can they do to her, if anything. I loved it when Mikasa grabbed the other two and started running the opposite direction, away from Annie, deep into the tunnel. I thought it was a tell-tale sign when a nuclear look-a-like explosion used to visualize Annie's transformation. She was like a force of nature when she was going through those highly proficient Recon Corps and she wasn't even trying to engage them on her own.

Here, she is cornered. AND something is very off about her from the way she started laughing.... I've a feeling this girl is going to be handful.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 01:51   Link #111
Dark Wing

I've been theorizing this for sometime now but Annie' revelation just clinched it for me. The ones in charge must've somehow found away to control and harness the power of the Titans and has been keeping it a secret all this time.

For me this means two possible scenarios could be at play here.

Annie and whom ever her allies maybe are somehow being controlled by the Government/Royals or they could be fighting against them while the civilian population are just casualties of their war.
Old 2013-09-15, 01:52   Link #112
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Frankly, you are not alone
that's just a genius quote...

well.. this is also a genius episode...
who can expect that a well-developed plan has been devised to capture Female Titan?
I can't wait to see how Armin can ensure the Recon Troops about Female Titan's identity...

Eren still a fool and Mikasa still badass... that's all

let's see the final confrontation! and I really want to see how Annie will kill all those lazy Military Police
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 02:12   Link #113
AntonKutovoi

So.. question to manga readers. Does Annie's father appear in manga further? Because if not, having Unshou Ishizuka (OP's Kizaru, Cowboy Bebop's Jet) as his VA is a terrible waste...
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 02:25   Link #114
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well the big secret is out. Annie is the Female Titan.
And the laugh and face she made... looks aroused.

Great episode. 10 out of 10!
Old 2013-09-15, 02:25   Link #115
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You got it wrong on the details. Annie can't transform underground.

Titans move during daylight. Hanji experimented on Sawny and Bean discovering that they become more lethargic without solar energy.

Eren participated in an experiment if he can transform without sunlight under a well.

What happened is that his regeneration won't work and he can't transform.

So yes underground is where Annie is most vulnerable. As she is rendered plain normal.
I highly doubt they went underground to prevent Annie from transforming. Next Ep Eren and gang is pretty much going to be underground since Mikasa pulled them in and the preview shows a dark place. Also if you look at the second intro near the end of it you can clear see Eren getting up with concrete and dirt falling off his back, which likely means he transformed underground. So if Eren can do it, no reason why Annie can't.

Eren was unable to transform in the well probably cause he didn't have a clear goal. Which they already explained in the same ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Why did Annie try to kill Mikasa when she obviously avoided killing her friends at all cost before? Simple, Mikasa was an actual threat...none of the other members of her training squad were as much of a threat as Mikasa, she seemed to easily deal with their attacks and still not harm them.
Annie took a huge swat at Jean back in ep 17 which he dodged, then she would have smashed him with her fist if Armin didn't distract her by telling her Eren's dead.

I think she would have killed all the other trainee members other than Armin if she needed to. I believe Armin was a bit more special to her because he told her she's kind in ep 16.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 02:29   Link #116
Nikkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
She lost it. It's very common for soldiers, especially the child ones.
But the thing is Annie is not the type of character who loses it. In the manga she is saying things like “I'm just a poor girl who can't fight” and other bad things about herself but you can tell by her expression she's mocking them because she’s very stoic and doesn't really bother even trying to fake it. The anime makes her appear unstable and crazy when she really was not.

I'm not sure who's decision it was to simplify her character and think that Annie is someone who would put on a tsundere/yandere smile and giggle but it really changes the whole mood of the scene and non-manga viewers look on Annie.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 02:36   Link #117
Dark-Merchant

I dunno, I kinda liked the fact that she laughed. it was socking and surprising, I'm sure, to even some people who read the manga. Makes you wonder what she's really thinking which, for a human killing other humans, makes the watchers ask the same question as the characters. 'WTH is up with this woman?'
Dark-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 02:39   Link #118
Marc05

Could someone explain this episode? At what point did they figure out that it was Annie? Is everyone in on it (if not, why where those random people hiding)? I'm also getting some hints from reading the comments that apparently Armin and Annie have a thing going on? Man... I have to rewatch this show. Also, what bet are they talking about?
Marc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 02:39   Link #119
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkan View Post
But the thing is Annie is not the type of character who loses it. In the manga she is saying things like “I'm just a poor girl who can't fight” and other bad things about herself but you can tell by her expression she's mocking them because she’s very stoic and doesn't really bother even trying to fake it. The anime makes her appear unstable and crazy when she really was not.

I'm not sure who's decision it was to simplify her character and think that Annie is someone who would put on a tsundere/yandere smile and giggle but it really changes the whole mood of the scene and non-manga viewers look on Annie.
I thought the laugh was fine. It did catch me off guard too but the main point was to drive across the fact that she's psycho and the laugh did that.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 02:54   Link #120
yankky5

well looks like shit hit the fan as expected

props to annie laughing in a seductively way even though shes cornered like a rat

also love the parkour scene makes me think their actually french :U

Tags
the reveal