Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-11, 04:25   Link #301
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
You sure that's Jr Duo?! He looks just like Duo! And Kathy does look like Sally <3
And thank you for sharing this! +cookies
Old 2010-09-11, 04:38   Link #302
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Why don't you want Trowa and Quatre involved in MS production?

Snuggles was the one who brought up FT's release making Preventer 5 not canon. Personally, I haven't read Preventer 5 so I don't really know what plot-points are being conflicted.

With Ground Zero, there are two big reasons I don't consider it canon. Heero upgraded Wing Zero into Wing Zero Custom which directly conflicts with EW retconning the events of GW. Bandai also said this was wrong. And not a single staff writer from the original series worked on Ground Zero which leaves it without legitimacy in my opinion.

I highly doubt it but anything is possible.
Trowa & Quatre both destructed their MS. I doubt they would go around making more of them, it would be totally against what they did ;_;

As for Preventers 5, I didn't find anything that conflicts with Frozen Teardrops yet.
I guess Ground Zero does conflict some, but I don't really mind. I really liked the story, though it was kind of funny (*btw, I think you are laughing too much* xD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Because it's blatantly out of character for the very people who fought for mobile suits to no longer be necessary and campaigned for them to be gotten rid of to start producing mobile suits?

IIRC The movie/OVA less explicitly also had Noin and Zechs headed off to Mars and Relena spearheading the terraforming project, so that's canon either way; but the 5 Gundam pilots themselves never went to Mars.
I agree with your first part.
And I guess you know about the second part now

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
In the series (not Endless Waltz) manga ending, the boys all go to Mars as can be seen in the links below. Also, Dorothy, Une, Zechs and Noin meet up at Treize's grave and Relena meets up with Heero to say goodbye asking him not to forget and "come and deal with this loose end someday." Lyrics of Rhythm Emotion are printed over the next few panels where Relena's teary-eyed and Heero smiles at her before leaving with the other boys for Mars.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...3/c003/35.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...3/c003/36.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...3/c003/37.html

Frankly, I think this ending sucked ass but EW pretty much retconned it.
Thanks for clearing that up! I just got confused >.<
And I liked both the endings. In the first, the pilots stayed together (and decided to go to Mars together too) and it seems really cute to me.
But in the second ending they got adjusted to some extent to living in peace and that made it lovely too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
True, but it wouldn't be out of character if there was a new enemy to fight.
Still, they wouldn't involve themselves directly in making arms. They would more likely try infiltrating or something...at least I feel they SHOULD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post

I just found it while randomly surfing. Forgot where.

Yeah, will probably do that now. I do wonder if Mariemaia is getting a love interest though.
Haha, ok. It's a really good find.
Who knows...she must be around 35...she should already be married
Old 2010-09-11, 07:18   Link #303
wingzerosnuggles

Almost forgot but the cover photo for this chapter looks like it's Heero stepping out of stasis with his gun drawn. Pissed off? xD Is that a lab coat?

Also, if the name Sakura Asagi (artist) is familiar, it's because she did the awesome art for Blind Target. ^_^

wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 07:29   Link #304
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

His expression does look like he is ready to blow off the person who froze him And I think he substituted his jacket for an overall-kinda-jacket (forgot what it's called). But he still is Heero! The same Heero <3
I am waiting eagerly for others illustrations
Old 2010-09-11, 08:00   Link #305
wingzerosnuggles

Trenchcoat? Urgh...wish he had aged and had a happy life but oh well... Being a teenager sucks enough. Being frozen as one for over 30 years? Yeah, that's even worse. -_-
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 08:09   Link #306
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

I think it's trench coat.
Yea, I was hoping he had had a happy life too (seeing him walk in space at the end of EW makes me so sad I used to hope he might have had found peace though; who knew he was frozen -_-). But I think being a teenager is fun
Old 2010-09-11, 09:49   Link #307
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Wing View Post
His expression does look like he is ready to blow off the person who froze him And I think he substituted his jacket for an overall-kinda-jacket (forgot what it's called). But he still is Heero! The same Heero <3
I am waiting eagerly for others illustrations
Speaking of jackets, that reminds me of his blue Sanc Kingdom jacket he wore in the 2nd opening.
Old 2010-09-11, 10:02   Link #308
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

^
Yea true, though that's really elegant compared to this I like both of the jackets
Btw, someone has a HQ image of that Sanq jacket?
Old 2010-09-11, 10:05   Link #309
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Speaking of jackets, that reminds me of his blue Sanc Kingdom jacket he wore in the 2nd opening.
That's what I'm thinking... Especially with the themes bubbling up to the surface of 'Relena's probably dead' and 'redemption' etc, it certainly makes sense. White being the color of death in Japan, and also just in general of purity, which has always been a big theme for Heero and the boys (being 'untainted', etc).

Gotta say, I'm mighty disappointed in these character designs for Duo Jr and Cathy. How freaking lazy. Unless there's a REASON, like Duo is grooming his son to be a clone/replacement of him (or IS a clone of him), that's just... yeesh. And Cathy's only slightly better- I'll admit the face is a little different, but (and this got me with Duo Jr too) since when are hairdo's genetic? rofl. Though I can see Duo grooming his son to wear a braid like him, you'd think he'd get rebellious and lop it off sooner or later.

Sakura Asagi's art is gorgeous though, hope she's illustrating the whole novel!
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 12:37   Link #310
Washu-Chan