AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-06, 21:22   Link #21
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I believe it's none of our business. Anyone knows what type of terms the psychologist will use to describe those two fellows? One term would suffice.
No :P I meant that I found them accidently when I was looking for something else. I thought they were only life-sized dolls at first too. Besides, I'm a girl so dolls like that have no use to me. <<;

Those dolls really aren't a new thing. They've been popular for a long time. There's american dolls like that, but the japanese ones are more popular. Since we go online, we're exposed to things like that a lot, but in reality we probably wouldn't know about it. I really doubt anyone is carrying those dolls around in Japan. It wouldn't be well-seen at all in Japanese society. x.x;; I don't think you'll easily find someone who's proud of having a love doll either.

I think it's not really surprising that they exist because they can finally live out their fantasies [...] x.x A part of me dislikes it, fearing that they think real girls aren't good enough. But I know that it's their choice. They can do what they want. There will always be that type of things and there always was.
Old 2004-03-06, 23:00   Link #22
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime-otaku
Thats about the second most sickest thing I've ever saw in my whole entire life...first being Man-Faye. O_O
man-faye... my god it was the worst thing ive ever seen. the tight yellow short-shorts still haunt me...

okay now for the post:

so what if they're taking their lovedolls out for a picnic? sure its a radical idea then agian so was skateboarding. look at it now. okay so i know its pretty extreme to compare skateboarding and those lovedoll things but the point im trying to make is that if everyone starts doing it the more acceptable it will be.
Old 2004-03-07, 21:56   Link #23
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_a_life
man-faye... my god it was the worst thing ive ever seen. the tight yellow short-shorts still haunt me...

okay now for the post:

so what if they're taking their lovedolls out for a picnic? sure its a radical idea then agian so was skateboarding. look at it now. okay so i know its pretty extreme to compare skateboarding and those lovedoll things but the point im trying to make is that if everyone starts doing it the more acceptable it will be.
You got a good point there. I don't think there's any "sick" about what they're doing. We shouldn't judge over them because of a choice they made just because it's unpopular.
Old 2004-03-08, 08:30   Link #24
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
You got a good point there. I don't think there's any "sick" about what they're doing. We shouldn't judge over them because of a choice they made just because it's unpopular.
Hey, it's the same thing with our anime, not all people dig anime like we do.

But still, that kind of act will be 'instantly stereotyped' by society as extreme perversion.
Old 2004-03-08, 13:16   Link #25
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Professional zoukeshis (figure makers) and to a certain extent, commercial figure makers makes these life-sized dolls. Most of these are sold at the obscurest magazine ads or at figure trade shows such as Wonder-Festival. These can be made of either hard-plastic or soft-vinyl. Either way, people pay outrageous prices for these life-sized figurines (unless you make them yourself) which can range from 150,000 yen to 500,000 yen. If a very famous figure maker makes a limited edition model, the premium price can go upwards into 700,000 yen or more.

When a 1/6th scale of Ren-chan from Tsukihime/KagetsuTouya costs about 50,000 yen unassembled and uncolored , you can see the craziness and the extreme some people go to...
Old 2004-03-08, 18:22   Link #26
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

For those who have no idea about the Yen's exchange rate:
Currency Calculator

150000Y = 1114.74€ = 1413.16 US$
500000Y = 3715.81€ = 4710.54 US$
700000Y = 5202.14€ = 6594.75 US$
Old 2004-03-08, 20:06   Link #27
ano_hito

I've seen that a couple of months ago. This kind of doll brings the expresion "the human as an object" to a new level. If you think about it, it's no different than any other objects for ... uh self satisfaction. It's fine as long there is no abuse... However I don't think it's attractive because it's doesnt have any personnality, it's cold (I guess), it can't hug you, it can't speak to you. I would not consider buying this kind of toy unless it acts like a human. In fact why playing with a toy when you can be with a real human
Old 2004-03-08, 22:20   Link #28
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
For those who have no idea about the Yen's exchange rate:
Currency Calculator

150000Y = 1114.74€ = 1413.16 US$
500000Y = 3715.81€ = 4710.54 US$
700000Y = 5202.14€ = 6594.75 US$

damn with that money I could use it to something better than a life-sized doll....like a.......umm.....call girl or something

(the "call girl" statement is meant to be a joke, don't take it seriously)

Last edited by Izzy; 2004-03-09 at 20:40. Reason: made it more clearly on my statement
Old 2004-03-09, 06:27   Link #29
bluemist
i am the mist

Just a random thought: I think my family will disown me once they find one of those things in my closet.

Can I say those dolls are for boys the same way as (ex. Barbie) dolls are for girls? For girls there is definitely nothing wrong with having stuff toys/dolls anyway.

I guess there still something wrong with that kind of comparison.
Old 2004-03-09, 06:51   Link #30
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
Well I don't think it's "Illegal" to play with dolls, but it does look weird to see grown men play with huge dolls. O.o

Wouldn't it be fun to have a 1:1 scale Chii with you and scare everybody?

MOAHHAHAHA
Old 2004-03-09, 10:41   Link #31
Besa
[ЀÅÐ]

Send a message via MSN to Besa
OMG that looks funny and creepy at the same time ....
Old 2004-03-09, 10:41   Link #32
Briareos

I love it. Two guys get captured on digital having a picnic in public with their life-sized dolls, and suddenly the world is crumbling?

Why do people get so disturbed that they think that two people doing something out of the ordinary means the the world is "going to hell in a hand-basket" or some such nonsense. It's not like these guys are convicted child molesters or something.

There are always going to be people who don't seem to fit in. That doesn't make them bad people.
Old 2004-03-09, 11:49   Link #33
ZhouYu
^im with stupid

omg..... wtf... hahaha
Old 2004-03-09, 11:54   Link #34
Last Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
I love it. Two guys get captured on digital having a picnic in public with their life-sized dolls, and suddenly the world is crumbling?

Why do people get so disturbed that they think that two people doing something out of the ordinary means the the world is "going to hell in a hand-basket" or some such nonsense. It's not like these guys are convicted child molesters or something.

There are always going to be people who don't seem to fit in. That doesn't make them bad people.
True that, though it'd be a lie if I claimed to find this behaviour totally normal, I'd be freaked too if I saw two grown men sharing a civilised outdoors lunch with two lifesize dolls. And Izzy does have a point, for that amount of cash you can get the real thing, several times over one would imagine.

And yeah, it's not a new thing, the "discerning" jap gentlemen has been into this kind of stuff for at least a decade, along with used-panties vending machines and such. I mean, this is just an evolutionary stage of the blow-up doll right, it's no big deal... Though I must admit that taking it out-doors is a rather "brave" thing to do, you would think that people would keep that kind of hobby hush hush right? ^_^
Old 2004-03-09, 19:05   Link #35
mitszuki
nOOb

it'll be fun to have persocoms though. i've never seen those dolls before..
Old 2004-03-09, 20:01   Link #36
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Exile
True that, though it'd be a lie if I claimed to find this behaviour totally normal, I'd be freaked too if I saw two grown men sharing a civilised outdoors lunch with two lifesize dolls. And Izzy does have a point, for that amount of cash you can get the real thing, several times over one would imagine.
It's not like they are talking to the dolls or pretending to feed them or something. Or maybe they are, you can only see so much in a still shot. That would be a problem.

I think they are just trying to be seen with them.

I don't know...real girls are pretty expensive. A friend of mine just bought his girl a house, a diamond ring, and soon, a wedding ceremony. A $5,000 "girl" that doesn't whine or throw stupid hissy fits is a great deal. Sign me up.
Old 2004-03-09, 21:36   Link #37
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

OMG pink hair is teh Cute!!1!one I'd hit it.

Oops, wrong board...lemme try again...

Ya know...I'm wondering if she has pink hair elsewhere. How did you guys miss a serious topic like that in such a long thread?
Old 2004-03-09, 22:38   Link #38
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering A.I.

Ya know...I'm wondering if she has pink hair elsewhere. How did you guys miss a serious topic like that in such a long thread?
Uh...um...uh...well...ya know...uh...
Old 2004-03-09, 22:44   Link #39
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering A.I.

Was about time someone brought up such an important topic!
I really do hope that she also has pink hair elsewhere!
Old 2004-03-09, 22:49   Link #40
TronDD
Team the box!

If they are like the anime characters I've seen naked enough (I don't watch hentai), then the doll should have no hair anywhere else.
Closed Thread