AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 10 13.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 30.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 21.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-28, 21:42   Link #41
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Great ep, we got a hint as to who the arson is and like i said several ep back that the long haired man in the OP surrounded by flames looked like Nanaka's uncle and speculated that he set the fire. It looks like that's the case so far!

Also you know when Asami saw Shuri cry she seemed pretty sad, if i were to take a stab I'd say maybe Asami has crush on Shuri!!! (gasp!).

Some nice brother/sister bonding by Shuu and Shuri, which was quite touching and that scene of Sana practically confessing to Nanaka ("we'll be together forever!") was nice also. You can tell that by ep 9 that the show is reaching it's climax soon, the writers are not wasting anymore time and developing character every chance they get. Things are starting to look interesting.
Old 2007-11-28, 21:44   Link #42
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Is that some obligatory Theme Park episode?

The Good:
- clarified some things (ie. stuff with Shuri)
- No ZOMG IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING stuff with Asami
- The fire thingy with Nanaka

The Bad:
Boring episode.
Old 2007-11-28, 22:01   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for episode 10 preview summary:

My thoughts:

I can't tell what I found amusing:

1. Sana and Asami, which is practically impossible now
2. Nanaka doesn't go to the Home...

Somewhat wild, but makes sense, speculations:

1. Asami sent the letters because she likes Shuusuke and dislikes Shuri. <-- Probably not true because the rumors would hurt Shuusuke too

2. Asami sent the letters for some other reason <-- I'd like to know whether Shuri and Shuusuke are considered the "excelling students" or "students that fall behind" or "normal"

3. Some other person, which would be pretty boring...
Spoiler for Ep10 Thought:

I really expected Hinako to elbow the henchman or something. She seemed pretty annoyed with the scriptwriter on that one. I mean why take a hostage if your not going to do something?

Well a moment with Shuri and Shuu. Would expect after the remembering that occurred last episode he'd be doing something here. A rough time for both of them but of course Shuri just holds it in except when giving the mother in law a piece of her mind a few episodes ago.

Do wonder about the fire. Seems like a way too obvious thing with the uncle. They are probably going to reveal that he knew what happened, either accident...but I do agree with the mother going over the edge as an option. Just don't think he went and set the fire.
Old 2007-11-28, 22:13   Link #44
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

I was prepared for a letdown after episode 8. (To me, episode 8 was not only the best episode of the series so far, but the best episode of the anime season thus far.) In some ways, I guess I was somewhat disappointed by episode 9 (if a 8/10 is disappointing). I'm so interested to see how all the stories turn out.

I'm more interested than ever to know of Sana's past because I think that will be the last story solved. I believe the fire, the twins' family, Asami, and the old creepy lady will all be resolved quickly within the next two episodes leaving the last two episodes for Sana's past.

I really don't understand why Asami was the one who saw Shuri crying. For some reason, I don't think Asami will tell or even mention that she saw Shuri crying and the whole thing of her seeing her cry will be forgotten. I think she is just generally concerned seeing someone in tears. I really don't feel Asami has anything to do with the twins or the slanderous letter. In fact, I have a feeling it was the stepmother who sent the letter. Don't ask why, that's just how I feel. And I feel the uncle didn't start the fire. I think Nanaka might have started the fire acidently and forgotten about it. That's why her uncle doesn't want her to remember - for her own protection.

I would love to see a quick storyline for Aoi or even some backstory, although that probably won't happen. Same for Hinako.

Of course, I'm could be wrong.
(In fact, I know I am.)
Old 2007-11-28, 22:20   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep10 Thought:

Do wonder about the fire. Seems like a way too obvious thing with the uncle. They are probably going to reveal that he knew what happened, either accident...but I do agree with the mother going over the edge as an option. Just don't think he went and set the fire.
Spoiler for ep10:

As for the "being too obvious" thing, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei touches on the subject:

Spoiler for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-28, 22:59   Link #46
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Interesting! That would actually make for a good plot. Though if they were step-siblings I think they would have told their friends. Unless of course Asami's mom abandoned her and her father to live with the twin's father. That would be great.

It's not just you, and I'm loving every second of it
The step mom actually looks similare enough to Asami to be her biological mom and it would make a great plot. Asami would feel guilty as her mother is the source of Shuri's misery.

Aoi in this ep practically redefines the word "giggling". Looping that sound is enough to make a grown man cry in horror.
The AnimeSentai bit was crap IMO and way too long. I just skipped it all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
What's with all the School Days reference? Are people truamatized by it or something? lol (yes i did watch that show btw)
It's called PSSD (Post School-Days Stress Disorder.)
Old 2007-11-28, 23:06   Link #47
Chewy

If Asami is biologically related to the step mom, let's see who Shuusuke has to choose from in the game:

A stepsister, A twin sister, A 10 year old trying to act like a 17 year old, A 17 year old with a mind of a 10 year old, and a 25 year old teacher.

Might as well just give up on the prospect of a normal relationship now...
Old 2007-11-28, 23:22   Link #48
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
If Asami is biologically related to the step mom, let's see who Shuusuke has to choose from in the game:

A stepsister, A twin sister, A 10 year old trying to act like a 17 year old, A 17 year old with a mind of a 10 year old, and a 25 year old teacher.

Easy, ten year-old.
I'll get my coat.
Old 2007-11-28, 23:46   Link #49
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Great ep, we got a hint as to who the arson is and like i said several ep back that the long haired man in the OP surrounded by flames looked like Nanaka's uncle and speculated that he set the fire. It looks like that's the case so far!
I'm not too sure.

I believe he has something to do with the fire, but isn't the one who actually set it.
Old 2007-11-28, 23:51   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Wow when you put it like that...Tough times . Guy is going to get into a troublesome relationship no matter how you slice it. But there is still a perfect solution Hinako is 11 so clearly slips out of any of those categories .

Spoiler for Ep10:
Old 2007-11-29, 00:11   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

You forgot Nanaka.

If the sender is the step-mom, I can see this happening:

Spoiler for ep10:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-29, 01:11   Link #52
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:

I'll take Yuzuki-sensei.

Still, not a bad list of options to me.
Old 2007-11-29, 02:43   Link #53
DanielSong39

Thoughts from Episode 9:

- A real mess of an episode. I never got a good sense of what the makers were trying to accomplish. Some attempts to build on the drama of Episode 8, but done in haphazard fashion.

- It only served to confirm my suspicion that Nanaka was the one to set the fire (probably by accident). Of course the uncle wouldn't want her to remember - the guilt drove her into insanity! Now if the uncle really was the arsonist, I'd be tempted to smack something... I would call it poor writing.

- I don't like what I'm seeing from Sana/Nanaka... it has all the signs of a destructive relationship, should one arise.

- I found the twins' plight to be FAR more interesting than the whole Sana-Nanaka deal... Are we headed towards the Da Capo route, complete with the sakura tree? If the twins (miraculously) turn out to be non-blood related - watch the sparks fly!

- Asami proves to be a real sweetheart. My only hope is that the creators won't resort to character assassination to make Nanaka look better. I'm already disappointed at what they did to Aoi.

- Hoping for an open ending at this point! Would be appropriate in my opinion, and would also encourage people to buy the game.

Power rankings:

(1) Asami - Unassailable position at the top, unless the makers decide to mangle her character. I wouldn't put it past them, but it would really ruin the show.

(2) Hinako - Patience is often rewarded... as is likely to be the case with our resident loli. Simply needed more screen time, but I'll take what I can get.

(3) Aoi - Maybe the makers should've borrowed Otome and her "otou-kun" antics? Would be an improvement over what we're seeing.

(4) Nanaka - I think she needs a friend or a relative more than she needs a relationship. Being singularly dependent on Sana is a dangerous step to take. Her aunt would be a much better option.

(5) Shuri - She has zero interest in Sana, it seems. Shuusuke, on the other hand...

(6) Shuusuke - I guess he really doesn't swing that way - or was it just a phase he grew out of? Seems more likely to pursue the Boku wa Imouto or Koi Kaze route.

(7) Yuzuki - Disappeared off the face of the earth. But must admit Onegai Teacher premise had some potential... the group of friends really reminded me of the gang Kei hung around with.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2008-12-04 at 18:31.
Old 2007-11-29, 02:49   Link #54
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I like this show, I really do. Unfortunately it just doesn't find any focus. M;Y keeps wandering all over the place without ever having a center. First we have romantic turmoil, then it becomes a creepy suspense story with Grandma Kaiji. Out of the blue we've got a cutesy love story with Hinako. Then we're back to creepy Grandma Kaiji stuff with a chaser of emotional breakdown. Next thing you know it is back into the "softening up a tsudere" story mixed up with emotional trauma dredged from the past mingled with some of Hinako's silliness.

Without a consistent emotional tone or central character this show just keeps unsettling my attempts to bond with it. I like it, I really do, but I can't help feeling it could be a hell of a lot better if only they'd choose a storyline already.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-29, 02:56   Link #55
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I like this show, I really do. Unfortunately it just doesn't find any focus. M;Y keeps wandering all over the place without ever having a center. First we have romantic turmoil, then it becomes a creepy suspense story with Grandma Kaiji. Out of the blue we've got a cutesy love story with Hinako. Then we're back to creepy Grandma Kaiji stuff with a chaser of emotional breakdown. Next thing you know it is back into the "softening up a tsudere" story mixed up with emotional trauma dredged from the past mingled with some of Hinako's silliness.

Without a consistent emotional tone or central character this show just keeps unsettling my attempts to bond with it. I like it, I really do, but I can't help feeling it could be a hell of a lot better if only they'd choose a storyline already.
But then, it's hard to really focus on a single storyline when this is based on a game that hasn't been released yet.

That is holding back this enjoyable show.
Old 2007-11-29, 03:06   Link #56
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is holding back this enjoyable show, but that's no excuse.

This show could pick a storyline just like any successful renai game to anime conversion. It needs to. The fact that the game hasn't been released should have no bearing on the script writers decision not to choose.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-29, 03:37   Link #57
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I'm not too sure.

I believe he has something to do with the fire, but isn't the one who actually set it.
I thought something along those lines, too - maybe he just omitted to render assistence to Hinako's parents. We will see!

This episode left me with mixed feelings. Other than the arsonist thing (which was rather interesting to watch), we have an amusement park section. I hate amusement park episodes with a passion. The most that has ever happened in a show inside of an amusement park was a mildly hefty slapping scene in Shuffle!. Other than that, those episodes mostly present little to no development, thus I regard them as fillers. Amusement park episodes are to me what to some of you are the *censored to avoid pitchforks and fire* references. Gah.

But enough of the ranting, at least some tidbits from the different personalities were revealed. Also, some cute shots of Hinako. This is enough to keep me hanging on for episode 10 of an overall great show so far!
Old 2007-11-29, 03:51   Link #58
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

ep9 is great. it has the serious and comic moments

The monster in the animenger has a really unique voice and i keep hearing it from series to series. I'm pretty sure he was just teaching in Nanaka's class.

Asami was very disturbed looking at Shuri crying. Her eyes just look so creepy twitching around like that but maybe that's just the artist. She seems to have a feeling for Shuri which explains how she never develop any romantic interest for Shana after all their times together. Unfortunately for her, Shuri seems to be straight as far as i can tell.

I could tell that since this series rely on surprises, that the arsonist is not Nanaka's uncle. The director is trying to lead the viewers into believing that he is, but at the end they will twist it into something else. Maybe he doesn't want Nanaka to remember cause he knows that it was actually one of her parents who did it.
Old 2007-11-29, 04:06   Link #59
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme
The monster in the animenger has a really unique voice and i keep hearing it from series to series. I'm pretty sure he was just teaching in Nanaka's class.
Yes, indeed! The first time I heard the voice of Norio Wakamoto was as VA of Onsokumaru in 2x2 Shinobuden, and quite memorable at that Now, whenever I hear this voice, I must think of Onsokumaru. ^,^
Old 2007-11-29, 10:18   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yes, Wakamoto's appearance was rather LOL and unexpected. Even more so voicing two different parts in this episode.

Regarding Nanaka and the fire --- i have a very strong feeling it was the uncle who was behind the fire. Not only does the person Nanaka sees in the flashback (flames all around) look like him, you also have him strongly against her remembering.